Trending Topics

Next match: Burnley v LFC [Premier League] Sat 31st Aug @ 5:30 pm
      Turf Moor

Today is the 24th of August and on this date LFC's match record is P21 W10 D5 L6

NESV/Fenway Sports Group: Owners of LFC

Read 1425928 times
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 23,863 posts | 3436 
      Re: NESV/Fenway Sports Group: Owners of LFC
      Reply #24925: Aug 07, 2018 09:22:20 pm
      You miss the point, rather you choose to ignore the obvious, FSG have done nothing practically to affect the £1.4bn increased worth of the club, it has been generated on the back of LFC as stated earlier, some time earlier actually.

No it hasn’t. You are arguing false economics. You don’t gain value based on reputation. I’m no lover of FSG, far from it, a bunch of arrogant Boston pricks.....but the reasons the club has grown in value are due to the improvements in facilities and the hiring of one Jürgen Klopp and then seeming financial support they’ve shown him (club record fees for Forward, world record fees for defender and keeper to name just the recent ones).
      The Real Donavan Ried
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 5,120 posts | 949 
      Reply #24926: Aug 07, 2018 10:13:34 pm
      Abramovich paid £140m...AND SPENT ANOTHER ONE BILLION.

He didn’t make 1000%. Not even bloody close.

:lmao: :lmao: :lmao:

You’re either a liar or an extremely ignorant human being. Either way, I can’t help you understand.

Read our financial reports. They’re online.

firstly... Yes he put a billion of his own money in to Chelsea He had the balls and confidence to back his investment to succeed

Secondly...

You say Liverpool is valued at £2bn....and then go on to say

How the f**k have they not invested in the club and managed to increase the value by nearly 600%?

So let's use your figures... £300m x 600% = £1.800,000,000bn but let's call it £2bn

Now Chelsea valued at £1.5bn (My figures) bought for £140m x 1020% = £1.428,000,000bn   A shade under £1.5bn

Where is the lie...??
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 33,482 posts | 3232 
      Reply #24927: Aug 07, 2018 10:17:01 pm
      No it hasn’t. You are arguing false economics. You don’t gain value based on reputation. I’m no lover of FSG, far from it, a bunch of arrogant Boston pricks.....but the reasons the club has grown in value are due to the improvements in facilities and the hiring of one Jürgen Klopp and then seeming financial support they’ve shown him (club record fees for Forward, world record fees for defender and keeper to name just the recent ones).

The club has always had dedicated support because of the club's history and success but there has been a failure in exposing LFC to a wider market, we are catching up with the mancs who are still some way ahead in that aspect.
      FSG took advantage of an option that always existed - the tradition that is LFC.

Fair play they have done a job - finally, and it is paying dividends.
      After years of admitted mistakes, some woeful managerial appointments and signings someone saw the light and appointed Klopp.

Players signed by previous sacked managers were sold for many millions more than they were bought for and the genius of Klopp has amassed a decent team with the monies gained.

Where should the credit be alotted?
      There is only one candidate for pulling LFC out of the average description that was slowly overcoming the club and it sure as f**k is no one in Boston.
      Rockafella88
      • Forum John Toshack

• 256 posts | 77 
      Reply #24928: Aug 07, 2018 10:45:46 pm
      Mental how you are bashing the owners when we’ve gone gun ho for the title this year based on our transfer statergy

Their business men, not some Russian/Arab plaything. They have bided their time and made an astute business like thought process when all out other rivals dawdling or in a complete rebuild (minus Man City) and gone ‘this is the time’

Argue all you want lads, but we have this year bought the worlds most expensive defender, keeper, one of most highly rated midfielders, increased revenue streams aswell as keep our best talent plus increase their contracts.

You seem to be yearning for an crisis so you have a f**king reason to moan.

srslfc
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 25,892 posts | 2128 
      Reply #24929: Aug 07, 2018 10:51:10 pm
      some woeful managerial appointments

Just out of interest who are these woeful managerial appointments you think they've made?

Kenny Dalglish won us our last trophy.

Brendan Rodgers was a win away from our first league title since 1990.

Jürgen Klopp has taken us to 3 finals in 3 years and playing some of the best football we've seen.

Surely you're not blaming them for Hodgson as well?

Reading over this thread it appears by trying to pick stuff to blame them for you're tying yourself up in knots Stu.
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 33,482 posts | 3232 
      Reply #24930: Aug 07, 2018 11:18:19 pm
      Just out of interest who are these woeful managerial appointments you think they've made?

Kenny Dalglish won us our last trophy.

Brendan Rodgers was a win away from our first league title since 1990.

Jürgen Klopp has taken us to 3 finals in 3 years and playing some of the best football we've seen.

Surely you're not blaming them for Hodgson as well?

Reading over this thread it appears by trying to pick stuff to blame them for you're tying yourself up in knots Stu.

Dalglish - dual role with FSG's appointment Damian Commoli, Commoli sacked but paid out for wrongful dismissal by FSG.
      Kenny eventually taken on again by FSG and still retains a position with LFC.

Rodgers sacked by FSG for his perceived shortcomings.

FSG's appointment Hodgson sacked by them for none achievement. seen as a yes man by many.

Stating fact again mate. no blame, no hysteria.
      To me the above smacks of bad decision making which was admitted by JWH when he spoke about making mistakes.

I'm not getting confused Si just recalling actual events.
      srslfc
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 25,892 posts | 2128 
      Reply #24931: Aug 07, 2018 11:22:39 pm
      Dalglish - dual role with FSG's appointment Damian Commoli, Commoli sacked but paid out for wrongful dismissal by FSG.

FSG's appointment Hodgson sacked by them for none achievement. seen as a yes man by many.

To me the above smacks of bad decision making which was admitted by JWH when he spoke about making mistakes.

No you're talking absolute nonsense mate.

For the record FSG didn't appoint Hodgson.
      AZPatriot
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,841 posts | 1700 
      Reply #24932: Aug 07, 2018 11:28:57 pm

Come on Stuey...You know better and have been told 100x

It is unknown whether Liverpool have offered Hodgson a short-term contract given the public declaration from Tom Hicks and George Gillett, the club's deeply unpopular co-owners, to sell the club once their asking price is met.

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2010/jun/30/liverpool-roy-hodgson-new-manager
      /news]
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 23,863 posts | 3436 
      Reply #24933: Aug 07, 2018 11:44:17 pm
      The club has always had dedicated support because of the club's history and success but there has been a failure in exposing LFC to a wider market, we are catching up with the mancs who are still some way ahead in that aspect.
      FSG took advantage of an option that always existed - the tradition that is LFC.

Fair play they have done a job - finally, and it is paying dividends.
      After years of admitted mistakes, some woeful managerial appointments and signings someone saw the light and appointed Klopp.

Players signed by previous sacked managers were sold for many millions more than they were bought for and the genius of Klopp has amassed a decent team with the monies gained.

Where should the credit be alotted?
      There is only one candidate for pulling LFC out of the average description that was slowly overcoming the club and it sure as f**k is no one in Boston.

I’m not concerned about FSG getting any credit, that is patently different than acting like they are the worst owners around. If you ARE interested in assigning blame and credit, I suppose FSG would share in parts of both if you were looking at it objectively.
      RedWilly
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 7,833 posts | 1022 
      Reply #24934: Aug 08, 2018 06:15:19 am

You aren’t recalling actual events, as FSG didn’t appoint the hodge.

You’re coming off as being deliberately thick. You want the owners to pump their own money in, presumably via a loan, which I can guarantee you would moan about if they did.

Give your head a wobble, you might start making sense.
      srslfc
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 25,892 posts | 2128 
      Reply #24935: Aug 08, 2018 08:51:21 am
      Noticeable that the FSG  lads were onto a wee lapse in concentration like fly's round sh*t.

FSG lads ;D

I'm far from it mate but talking about 'their woeful managerial appointments' is nonsense as I don't think they have been even close to 'woeful appointments'.

stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 33,482 posts | 3232 
      Reply #24936: Aug 08, 2018 09:50:21 am
      FSG lads ;D

I'm far from it mate but talking about 'their woeful managerial appointments' is nonsense as I don't think they have been even close to 'woeful appointments'.

The original comment which I removed for presentation reasons referred to the woeful manageria and playerl appointments over the time span pre-Klopp.
      The fact that Jürgen has been unable to add to the trophy cabinet in his time at LFC is a damning indictment of the turmoil the previous managerial and player appointments had on the club.

srslfc
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 25,892 posts | 2128 
      Reply #24937: Aug 08, 2018 10:27:15 am
      The original comment which I removed for presentation reasons referred to the woeful manageria and playerl appointments over the time span pre-Klopp.
      The fact that Jürgen has been unable to add to the trophy cabinet in his time at LFC is a damning indictment of the turmoil the previous managerial and player appointments had on the club.

I know what you said Stu, just don't think you've been clear, which seems to be your way these days.

So Kenny winning our last trophy and Brendan coaching a side to within a win of our first title since 1990 have been woeful appointments?

stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 33,482 posts | 3232 
      Reply #24938: Aug 08, 2018 10:44:52 am
      I know what you said Stu, just don't think you've been clear, which seems to be your way these days.

So Kenny winning our last trophy and Brendan coaching a side to within a win of our first title since 1990 have been woeful appointments?

Clear as day mate.
      Kenny won our only trophy in eight years and was unceremoniously sacked as was the FSG appointed Damien Comolli who was more than instrumental in the f**k up that saw Kenny sacked for.
      Rodgers failed as well and met the same fate, second is nowhere.

Perfectly lucid and concise, you may find a grammatical error but they are the facts, smacks of executive misdirection, executive appointed by our owners.
      « Last Edit: Aug 08, 2018 11:03:51 am by stuey »
      Shabs
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 23,097 posts | 2818 
      Reply #24939: Aug 08, 2018 10:51:05 am
      Clear as day mate.
      Kenny won our only trophy in eight years and was unceremoniously sacked as was the FSG appointed Damien Commoli who was more than instrumental in the f**k up that saw Kenny sacked for.
      Rodgers failed as well and met the same fate, second is nowhere.

Perfectly lucid and concise, you may find a grammatical error but they are the facts, smacks of executive misdirection, executive appointed by our owners.

It's well documented that Kenny & Comolli were 'both' instrumental in players bought & sold..Whilst you will praise Kenny for winning our last trophy you all gave omitted Comolli from that success..

I've still not clearly understood your message of FSG....what do FSG need to do that will satisfy you?
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 33,482 posts | 3232 
      Reply #24940: Aug 08, 2018 11:02:09 am
      It's well documented that Kenny & Comolli were 'both' instrumental in players bought & sold..Whilst you will praise Kenny for winning our last trophy you all gave omitted Comolli from that success..

It is as well documented that Comolli was more influential than Kenny on signing the likes of Carroll and pursuing the player.

I've still not clearly understood your message of FSG....what do FSG need to do that will satisfy you?

Bring back success as JWH vowed on the turf of Anfield eight years ago.

Shabs
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 23,097 posts | 2818 
      Reply #24941: Aug 08, 2018 11:22:40 am
      It is as well documented that Comolli was more influential than Kenny on signing the likes of Carroll and pursuing the player.

Bring back success as JWH vowed on the turf of Anfield eight years ago.

So Comolli should get more praise for winning our last trophy due to his greater influence in player signings..

& for success...like I posted previously, small margins would have seen us lift every major trophy under FSG..

Here is the list for you..

FA Cup..Kenny.
      Title..Rodgers.
      League Cup..Klopp.
      UEFA Cup..Klopp.
      Champions League..Klopp.

You must have been asleep whilst we were in the hunt for the league & playing finals..all under FSG.
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 33,482 posts | 3232 
      Reply #24942: Aug 08, 2018 11:33:36 am
      So Comolli should get more praise for winning our last trophy due to his greater influence in player signings..

& for success...like I posted previously, small margins would have seen us lift every major trophy under FSG..

Here is the list for you..

FA Cup..Kenny.
      Title..Rodgers.
      League Cup..Klopp.
      UEFA Cup..Klopp.
      Champions League..Klopp.

You must have been asleep whilst we were in the hunt for the league & playing finals..all under FSG.

Second is nowhere.
      Although our owners are more than happy with the dosh second place attracts.
      Shabs
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 23,097 posts | 2818 
      Reply #24943: Aug 08, 2018 12:11:24 pm
      Second is nowhere.
      Although our owners are more than happy with the dosh second place attracts.

I never said second is somewhere.

Small margins during those games would have seen us lift every single trophy under FSG...

You carry on with you agenda..don't let it consume you .
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 33,482 posts | 3232 
      Reply #24944: Aug 08, 2018 01:54:37 pm
      I never said second is somewhere.

Small margins during those games would have seen us lift every single trophy under FSG...

You carry on with you agenda..don't let it consume you .

Haha what agenda?
       When the identical questions are asked over and over and the answer provided is not compatible with FSG speak, each of you to a man resort to personal comment, a sure sign of desperation.

Water and duck's backs spring to mind.

edit: Second is still nowhere.
      Magillionare
      • Official LFC Reds Sig Maker. Lives on Sesame Street.
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,873 posts | 2336 
      • Hold on a minute, John Wayne hasn't arrived yet.
      Reply #24945: Aug 10, 2018 11:09:34 am
      Well another window done.

Close to 200m spent and only the 12 mill for Danny Ward coming in.

Exactly what people are asking for.

Some hard critics on here, but I would suggest it would be foolish to say our owners are not backing Klopp at this stage.
      waltonl4
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 26,988 posts | 3671 
      Reply #24946: Aug 10, 2018 12:50:08 pm
      So are people saying when the Sell up as they will one day they will only take back what they put into the club and not take any of up to £1billion profit ?. Its what happens then that matters as new owners could easily saddle most if not all of the purchase debt onto the club. So whilst FSG are sitting pretty right now the fans are left with 1 trophy under their tenure and that to quote an old manager is Fact.  I'll be impressed not by how much they spend but by how much Silverware goes into Anfield.
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 33,482 posts | 3232 
      Reply #24947: Aug 10, 2018 01:13:42 pm
      Well another window done.

Close to 200m spent and only the 12 mill for Danny Ward coming in.

Exactly what people are asking for.

Some hard critics on here, but I would suggest it would be foolish to say our owners are not backing Klopp at this stage.

It would be extremely obtuse not to admit that Klopp is being backed anything but positively on his judgement, at the same time if an acknowledged world class manager at the top of his profession were not given support by his appointees serious questions would have to be asked.
      Really looking forward to our opening game on Sunday with unbridled confidence.

JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 34,701 posts | 4202 
      Reply #24948: Aug 10, 2018 02:40:17 pm

Certainly Klopp is being backed but this isn't money from the back of JWH's couch.  This is money earned because Coutinho got sold and mostly because we earned about £80M from Klopp getting us to the final and back into the group stage this year.

I'd be concerned if we hadn't spent money after such a lucrative season off the field.

Club are well run on the pitch, off the pitch and I've got a lot of confidence that we can now compete on the field, and in the transfer market!
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 33,482 posts | 3232 
      Reply #24949: Aug 10, 2018 04:14:15 pm
      Certainly Klopp is being backed but this isn't money from the back of JWH's couch.  This is money earned because Coutinho got sold and mostly because we earned about £80M from Klopp getting us to the final and back into the group stage this year.

I'd be concerned if we hadn't spent money after such a lucrative season off the field.
      Club are well run on the pitch, off the pitch and I've got a lot of confidence that we can now compete on the field, and in the transfer market!

Agree entirely with the closing paragraph JD, the only reservation is if we have a "Coutinho" or similar to enable competing in the transfer market.
      To compete successfully on all fronts we do need like for like replacement, right now that is not in place; do we have the dosh to realise the strength in depth concept?

« Last Edit: Aug 10, 2018 04:18:56 pm by stuey »

Quick Reply