Trending Topics

Next match: Betis v LFC [Friendly] Sat 27th Jul @ 12:30 am
      Acrisure Stadium

Today is the 15th of June and on this date LFC's match record is P1 W1 D0 L0

NESV/Fenway Sports Group: Owners of LFC

Read 2829048 times
      ruthcity
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 6,938 posts | 1480 
      Re: NESV/Fenway Sports Group: Owners of LFC
      Reply #28175: Jun 07, 2021 12:28:15 pm
      They profit if and when they sell up.
      The market value of LFC is their greatest if not only concern.

Then they’ve got to make us invincible, so that we will overtake Barca, Real and the other leading clubs in market value.
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 17,336 posts | 2775 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #28176: Jun 07, 2021 01:07:50 pm
      United really stole a march on Liverpool in the 90's, when they saw the sponsorship and marketing potential of the Premier League, while Moores and Parry were twiddling their thumbs, and doing f**k all.
      To be fair, they really got ahead of the pack during that time, and were lucky enough to have a really good crop of youngsters all come through at once.

It's taken us a long time to catch up, and I don't think we're quite there yet.

It must be a proper pisser for you lot that the Glazers basically use the club as their personal cashpoint.

That's exactly what the Glazers have done along with a few other owners, none more so that our tw@ts though.  Until their gone I can't really see it changing.
      CT_LFC
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 6,816 posts | 1407 
      Reply #28177: Jun 07, 2021 01:53:56 pm
      Holy sh*t, come back from a busy weekend and this sh*t show is STILL going on?
      shabbadoo
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 29,481 posts | 4596 
      Reply #28178: Jun 07, 2021 02:53:52 pm
      Will the team see any on the £500 million investment from Red Bird or does that go directly to investors..?
      waltonl4
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 37,789 posts | 7188 
      Reply #28179: Jun 07, 2021 05:07:06 pm
      Will the team see any on the £500 million investment from Red Bird or does that go directly to investors..?

slight of hand mate it never existed in this realm.
      shabbadoo
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 29,481 posts | 4596 
      Reply #28180: Jun 07, 2021 06:46:34 pm
      slight of hand mate it never existed in this realm.

Will be interesting to read how the FSG gatekeepers will spin this one.. 
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,441 posts | 6431 
      Reply #28181: Jun 07, 2021 07:03:52 pm
      Set to expand capacity to 61,000 from what I've read. One thing they've been good at is increasing capacity at Anfield. I think that's as much as we can fit though without major construction and changes to the roads around Anfield.
      Lallana in Pyjamas
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 13,265 posts | 3503 
      Reply #28182: Jun 08, 2021 12:11:42 am
      they dont need the money so why would they sell FFS is it so f**king hard to get it into your thick head they care for this club as much as Sam Allerdyce loves salad. They didnt sell because they want more not less money its their passion the love its what gets them out of bed in the morning

They rejected £3bn for the club yet you keep going on about them only loving money 🤷‍♂️ £3bn - a profit of £2.7bn they turned down
      Lallana in Pyjamas
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 13,265 posts | 3503 
      Reply #28183: Jun 08, 2021 12:16:51 am

The money was into the whole of FSG and understand it will reduce company debt and balance losses as well as provide finance to further develop the stadium

https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/www.liverpool.com/liverpool-fc-news/features/fsg-redbird-liverpool-investment-haaland-20314822.amp
      Benito
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,945 posts | 287 
      Reply #28184: Jun 08, 2021 01:12:22 am
      It isn’t coming to us, they’ll buy another sports club to increase their portfolio.

Swab
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,361 posts | 3462 
      Reply #28185: Jun 08, 2021 11:01:25 am
      It isn’t coming to us, they’ll buy another sports club to increase their portfolio.

That sounds spot on.
      Gill95
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,665 posts | 491 
      Reply #28186: Jun 08, 2021 11:10:47 am
      If you would care to scan my 34,000+ posts submitted you will find FSG form a very small percentage of that total.
      I suggest you f**k off gimp and concentrate on your own one sentence comments.

Oh yea?  :lmao: :lmao:

You want me to write fancy words and paragraphs just for the sake of it?  ;D BTW thanks for checking my profile ;) better get back to criticizing owners just for the sake of it.
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 36,044 posts | 3967 
      Reply #28187: Jun 08, 2021 02:26:09 pm

The money was into the whole of FSG and understand it will reduce company debt and balance losses as well as provide finance to further develop the stadium

https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/www.liverpool.com/liverpool-fc-news/features/fsg-redbird-liverpool-investment-haaland-20314822.amp

LFC develop the stadium by way of loans, FSG provide no funds for the running of the club.
      Lallana in Pyjamas
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 13,265 posts | 3503 
      Reply #28188: Jun 08, 2021 02:39:09 pm
      LFC develop the stadium by way of loans, FSG provide no funds for the running of the club.

😴
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 36,044 posts | 3967 
      Reply #28189: Jun 08, 2021 02:46:25 pm

Oh yea?  :lmao: :lmao:

You want me to write fancy words and paragraphs just for the sake of it?  ;D BTW thanks for checking my profile ;) better get back to criticizing owners just for the sake of it.

Gimp

Diego LFC
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,340 posts | 2838 
      • Sempre Liverpool
      Reply #28190: Jun 08, 2021 02:53:56 pm

What's wrong with that?
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 36,044 posts | 3967 
      Reply #28191: Jun 08, 2021 03:04:51 pm

You find that acceptable?
      They will only loan the club monies for bricks and mortar projects but refuse to get their hands in their pockets for quality replacement for the likes of Henderson or VVD.

Left us struggling with also rans instead of competing to retain the title.
      I am quite shocked you seem to agree with these bullshitters.

Diego LFC
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,340 posts | 2838 
      • Sempre Liverpool
      Reply #28192: Jun 08, 2021 04:09:11 pm
      You find that acceptable?
      They will only loan the club monies for bricks and mortar projects but refuse to get their hands in their pockets for quality replacement for the likes of Henderson or VVD.

Left us struggling with also rans instead of competing to retain the title.
      I am quite shocked you seem to agree with these bullshitters.

I see no problem with a football club living within its means. They've gotten the club to a position where it is able to finance major redevelopment works whilst still having one of the best teams in the world.

If you're unhappy with that, then what do you think is an acceptable business model for a football club? A philanthropic billionaire injecting its own money into the club just for the love of it?

You seem to resent the idea of owners selling the club and profiting from the increase in value they've managed to accrue. So do you think they should invest their own money AND then also not profit from any future sale? Essentially just lose money indefinitely?

I am honestly curious.

I find it funny when supporters complain about billionaire owners when in fact all they want is a richer and more eccentric billionaire, potentially with dubious motivations, in its place. It is beyond childish, nothing is ever good enough.
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 36,044 posts | 3967 
      Reply #28193: Jun 08, 2021 06:52:03 pm
      I see no problem with a football club living within its means. They've gotten the club to a position where it is able to finance major redevelopment works whilst still having one of the best teams in the world.

If you're unhappy with that, then what do you think is an acceptable business model for a football club? A philanthropic billionaire injecting its own money into the club just for the love of it?

You seem to resent the idea of owners selling the club and profiting from the increase in value they've managed to accrue. So do you think they should invest their own money AND then also not profit from any future sale? Essentially just lose money indefinitely?

I am honestly curious.

Your curiosity should be assuaged if you read my repettative statement regarding this season's also ran status and it being caused by none existent quality back up, our enforced sell to buy poiicy being directly to blame.
      You can repeat the bullshit but even the best manager on the globe is unable to bring consistent success under FSG.
      Mmmklopp
      • Forum Kevin Keegan

• 344 posts | 74 
      Reply #28194: Jun 08, 2021 07:15:03 pm
      Your curiosity should be assuaged if you read my repettative statement regarding this season's also ran status and it being caused by none existent quality back up, our enforced sell to buy poiicy being directly to blame.
      You can repeat the bullshit but even the best manager on the globe is unable to bring consistent success under FSG.

It's like points are made and people just act blind to them.

If they need proof of us being a sell to buy club they can refer to the year we signed no one because we needed to "pay bills".

https://www.skysports.com/app/transfer/news/12691/11772106/Jürgen-klopp-on-liverpool-spending-we-are-not-in-fantasy-land

No ond sold meant no one bought
      shabbadoo
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 29,481 posts | 4596 
      Reply #28195: Jun 08, 2021 07:21:58 pm
      Maybe Klopp should cut back on his salary & put it towards the transfers if he believes we are not in fantasy land...
      Diego LFC
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,340 posts | 2838 
      • Sempre Liverpool
      Reply #28196: Jun 08, 2021 07:26:20 pm

I thought reaching two UCL finals and achieving 196 points over two seasons was pretty consistent. I have shown you before, however,  that, differently from what you have stated, we were extremely unlucky with injuries this season. This was by no means a normal season. In any case, the core of the team that won the league in such style is still around and some positions have even been improved. If we go through years without a trophy again then I will also be questioning their decisions, but after 3 fantastic seasons, I find you apparent confidence that this team is done very odd.

If you are interested in some real debate, not just in having a moan, you could always answer the questions I posed too... what do you want from an owner? Do you think they should invest their own money, but never sell the club for a profit? What motivation do you expect from them? Who would be your favourite millionaire to take over the club?
      -LFC-
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,266 posts | 1230 
      Reply #28197: Jun 08, 2021 07:32:40 pm
      Who would be your favourite millionaire to take over the club?

The Rafa Benitez Consortium.

Quick Reply