Trending Topics

Next match: Villa v LFC [Premier League] Mon 13th May @ 8:00 pm
      Villa Park

Today is the 8th of May and on this date LFC's match record is P20 W12 D4 L4

NESV/Fenway Sports Group: Owners of LFC

Read 2777460 times
      Lallana in Pyjamas
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 13,136 posts | 3464 
      Re: NESV/Fenway Sports Group: Owners of LFC
      Reply #30107: Jan 07, 2022 10:52:38 am
      Yeah, letting multiple windows pass without much refresh/investment just stores problems for later down the line.

But they are buying each year

Some it’s seems expect it to be every window though
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #30108: Jan 07, 2022 11:02:10 am
      Who replaces our front three? You didn't answer me before.

I didn’t answer you because as I pointed out in the last part of my reply to you yesterday, you have clearly failed to understand what it was I was actually saying. You quoted me to say how their model isn’t working and I’m yet to see you actually say how it isn’t working for them. Instead you went off and started bitching about the standard of the squad.

I’m not going to go back over old ground which has been repeated time and time again la.
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,331 posts | 8605 
      Reply #30109: Jan 07, 2022 11:05:43 am
      If Luis Diaz does come in January, people should be happy enough. Elliott is just about ready to return, and Jota is a reliable goal getter.
      You literally can't replace Salah, so we'll have to make the best.
      I do expect reinforcements in the summer.

Only report of that so far has come from the scum, so not believing any gossip sh*te from them!!
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,331 posts | 8605 
      Reply #30110: Jan 07, 2022 11:07:06 am
      F***ing hell heads would of well exploded back in shankly's days.

"Same 14 as last season"
      Brian78
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,306 posts | 2847 
      • A Liverbird upon my chest
      Reply #30111: Jan 07, 2022 11:22:32 am
      F***ing hell heads would of well exploded back in shankly's days.

"Same 14 as last season"

Jesus imagine if the internet was around 40 years or so ago Be interesting to see reactions to not signing Laudrup over 1 year extra on the deal or when we sold Rush. Be interesting to see what would have been posted
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,586 posts | 7140 
      Reply #30112: Jan 07, 2022 11:25:02 am
      Shankly bought 36 players in his 15 years the old adage of one for the first team one to the reserves to learn how to play football.
      When you think of the Pitches and the number of games the lads played how the F**k did they manage with such small squads.
      FATKOPITE10
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,459 posts | 3429 
      • Liverpool fc give me tourettes
      Reply #30113: Jan 07, 2022 11:55:04 am
      Jesus imagine if the internet was around 40 years or so ago Be interesting to see reactions to not signing Laudrup over 1 year extra on the deal or when we sold Rush. Be interesting to see what would have been posted

People would have been saying  things like why are we signing some skinny nobody from chester or why is ray Kennedy playing in midfield
      ORCHARD RED
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 8,526 posts | 1457 
      • 6 Times!
      Reply #30114: Jan 07, 2022 12:17:56 pm
      Only report of that so far has come from the scum, so not believing any gossip sh*te from them!!

Not like the sh*t rag would lie!😶
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,291 posts | 4938 
      Reply #30115: Jan 08, 2022 11:28:10 am
      Shankly bought 36 players in his 15 years the old adage of one for the first team one to the reserves to learn how to play football.
      When you think of the Pitches and the number of games the lads played how the F**k did they manage with such small squads.

We still do this.

One thing that saddens me a little with modern football is that many don't seem to enjoy players coming up through the ranks or those that were bought young with a view to settling in the U23 the moving to the first team.

We still identify and buy young players with a view to progressing to the first team, be it a Gomez or Elliott who were always destined for the first team or younger players like Gordon.

Curtis Jones is another example.

I actually get more satisfaction from seeing a Jones or an Elliott get playing in the first team than a £50M signing.
      bmck
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,563 posts | 1670 
      • YNWA
      Reply #30116: Jan 08, 2022 07:04:30 pm
      We still do this.

One thing that saddens me a little with modern football is that many don't seem to enjoy players coming up through the ranks or those that were bought young with a view to settling in the U23 the moving to the first team.

We still identify and buy young players with a view to progressing to the first team, be it a Gomez or Elliott who were always destined for the first team or younger players like Gordon.

Curtis Jones is another example.

I actually get more satisfaction from seeing a Jones or an Elliott get playing in the first team than a £50M signing.

Not sure who doesn't like to see young players coming through the ranks.
      Or what that has to do with FSG and their level of investment.
      bmck
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,563 posts | 1670 
      • YNWA
      Reply #30117: Jan 08, 2022 07:15:40 pm
      I wasn't fooled by our form. I knew once the fixtures came in thick and fast we'll feel it. We rely on the same eleven week in week out. The moment we rotate we see a dip in that position. If we've had to rest Thiago and bring on Ox we've always had posts of "Ox is missing here" or "is the Ox even playing?". How many times have we played Keita only to find out he's injured again. Kicked the floor.

Really hard to understand how or why AOC has not been moved on before now. Just not good enough.
      Keita, definitely has the ability, has showed he can make a difference for us in games, but 50mill worth, not so sure we've had return on that. Unfortunately can't stay fit. And 'kicking the grass' was embarressing.
      Two guys on the fringes, would have moved both on 2 years ago.

It's not just about bringing first XI players in, it's also about having players who can pressure the first XI guys.

Luckily we do have young players- like Jones, Elliot, Morton etc - who can come in and do a job, many times ahead of these much more experienced guys, on probably much bigger wages.
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,291 posts | 4938 
      Reply #30118: Jan 08, 2022 07:36:02 pm

Just an example but when many of us talked about Elliott being a replacement for Gini there was complaints that we hadn't bought someone to replace him.

Just one example but it's definitely there
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,586 posts | 7140 
      Reply #30119: Jan 08, 2022 08:02:22 pm
      Not like the Sh*t rag would lie!😶

surely it can only be a matter of time now before it shuts down.
      ORCHARD RED

• 8,526 posts | 1457 
      • 6 Times!
      Reply #30120: Jan 09, 2022 08:34:33 am
      surely it can only be a matter of time now before it shuts down.

We live in hope!
      ed603em
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 734 posts | 113 
      Reply #30121: Jan 09, 2022 09:26:52 am
      Not those facts about the wages again

Fixed that for you :)
      ed603em
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 734 posts | 113 
      Reply #30122: Jan 09, 2022 09:30:09 am

It is investment - that's his point - it's investing in player development so that we don't end up like Man Utd spending obscene amounts on players and having nothing to show for it.
      rossyred

• 9,303 posts | 1668 
      Reply #30123: Jan 09, 2022 09:54:22 am
      It is investment - that's his point - it's investing in player development so that we don't end up like Man Utd spending obscene amounts on players and having nothing to show for it.

Or Everton who have spent significantly  more than us in the last 6 years and have jack sh*t to show for it
      Salah10
      • Banned

• 1,224 posts | 200 
      Reply #30124: Jan 09, 2022 09:55:50 am
      Or Everton who have spent significantly  more than us in the last 6 years and have jack sh*t to show for it

So you believe that if Jürgen Klopp gets a sizeable investment he'll spunk it and we'll do a United/Everton?
      rossyred

• 9,303 posts | 1668 
      Reply #30125: Jan 09, 2022 10:30:37 am
      So you believe that if Jürgen Klopp gets a sizeable investment he'll spunk it and we'll do a United/Everton?

Err read my post if you are able . I am referring to the point that investment has enabled us to not have spent as freely as Everton as the pieces are in place and when we have spent the recruitment has been good to ensure consistent players rather than swapping players continously hence always having to spend . Is that understood now ?
      Salah10
      • Banned

• 1,224 posts | 200 
      Reply #30126: Jan 09, 2022 10:52:56 am
      Err read my post if you are able . I am referring to the point that investment has enabled us to not have spent as freely as Everton as the pieces are in place and when we have spent the recruitment has been good to ensure consistent players rather than swapping players continously hence always having to spend . Is that understood now ?

Lmao some of you lot are so touchy. I only asked a question. Ok great I get your point. Cheers.
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,331 posts | 8605 
      Reply #30127: Jan 09, 2022 12:22:33 pm
      Lmao some of you lot are so touchy. I only asked a question.

Hahaha F***ing heĺl Mr Pot meet Mr Kettle!!
      bmck
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,563 posts | 1670 
      • YNWA
      Reply #30128: Jan 09, 2022 04:07:17 pm

All teams invest in young players, and it's obviously great to see young players coming through.
      But young players coming though are generally not enough to challenge for the title, or the CL.
      So the top teams also invest in bringing more experienced players in, to strengthen the squad/first XI.
      The level of that investment is what people are questioning.
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,586 posts | 7140 
      Reply #30129: Jan 09, 2022 04:10:36 pm
      All teams invest in young players, and it's obviously great to see young players coming through.
      But young players coming though are generally not enough to challenge for the title, or the CL.
      So the top teams also invest in bringing more experienced players in, to strengthen the squad/first XI.
      The level of that investment is what people are questioning.

playing through the Academy teams and then hoping to get in the first team must be akin to winning the lottery. Curtis Jones is exceptional but he is struggling to cement a place the only way forward is to pay the market price for players of CL quality then hope we find a Stevie G every 20 years or so

Quick Reply