Trending Topics

Next match: v [] Thu 1st Jan @ 1:00 am

Today is the 23rd of May and on this date LFC's match record is P9 W4 D1 L4

NESV/Fenway Sports Group: Owners of LFC

Read 2795159 times
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,423 posts | 6420 
      Re: NESV/Fenway Sports Group: Owners of LFC
      Reply #30245: Jan 12, 2022 05:05:39 pm

Whatā€™s an fsgers 🤷ā€ā™‚ļø

Lallana in Pyjamas
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 13,239 posts | 3491 
      Reply #30246: Jan 12, 2022 05:08:40 pm
      The club does. This isn't hard.

So the club takes out a loan - it then uses money earned to pay back the loan which then takes money out of future spending ? And you wouldnā€™t once complain about reduced spending because they are using that money to pay off loans taken out to buy players ?
      Lallana in Pyjamas
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 13,239 posts | 3491 
      Reply #30247: Jan 12, 2022 05:10:20 pm

So someone who has been as season ticket holder since the 80ā€™s , seen the club go through a number of disasters , supported the club through thick and thin - even walked out a game a couple of times in protest

Is that an FSGer then ?
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,423 posts | 6420 
      Reply #30248: Jan 12, 2022 05:50:56 pm
      So the club takes out a loan - it then uses money earned to pay back the loan which then takes money out of future spending ? And you wouldnā€™t once complain about reduced spending because they are using that money to pay off loans taken out to buy players ?

Why would it take money out of future spending?

Say you've budgeted $100 for normal expenditures based on your income, and you come across the opportunity to make an extra $100 but you need to spend $50 above and beyond your budgeted $100. You can take a loan out from a buddy, no interest for the $50. You decide the low risk is worth it so you go ahead and take the loan, you make the expected $100...pay back the $50 and have a net $50 that can go into your normal budget. What's the issue?
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,423 posts | 6420 
      Reply #30249: Jan 12, 2022 05:52:25 pm
      So someone who has been as season ticket holder since the 80ā€™s , seen the club go through a number of disasters , supported the club through thick and thin - even walked out a game a couple of times in protest

This isn't why you are an FSGer

Is that an FSGer then ?

You are an FSGer because you defend them no matter what in spite of all of the stupid sh*t they've pulled (that you've supposedly walked out in protest of).

If anyone questions their methods or motives, you are literally the first one to defend them and tell that person why they are wrong. That's why you are labeled an FSGer.

bmck
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,605 posts | 1683 
      • YNWA
      Reply #30250: Jan 12, 2022 06:06:52 pm

Whatā€™s an fsgers 🤷ā€ā™‚ļø

Sorry, was just using that as shorthand, typing the replies in between work, there are people for and against FSG in the level of squad investment debate, so just put that down as someone 'for', no offense meant
      Lallana in Pyjamas
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 13,239 posts | 3491 
      Reply #30251: Jan 12, 2022 06:14:46 pm
      This isn't why you are an FSGer

You are an FSGer because you defend them no matter what in spite of all of the stupid sh*t they've pulled (that you've supposedly walked out in protest of).

If anyone questions their methods or motives, you are literally the first one to defend them and tell that person why they are wrong. That's why you are labeled an FSGer.

Can you tell me exactly what it is you have done about the owners ?

You want to accuse me of not doing anything despite actually doing something - so what have you done , asked this before when you dismissed fans walking out of a game as nothing and you failed to answer

So what have you done in protest at some of the actions the owners have done
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,423 posts | 6420 
      Reply #30252: Jan 12, 2022 06:38:38 pm
      Can you tell me exactly what it is you have done about the owners ?

About the owners, not much I can do. I haven't bought any LFC related merch for years...I don't have the opportunity that people like yourself do of going to games so it isn't like I can participate in a walkout or protest.

You want to accuse meh of not doing anything despite actually doing something - so what have you done , asked this before when you dismissed fans walking out of a game as nothing and you failed to answer
      I accused you of not doing anything? I think the only thing I've accused you of is being pro-FSG to a fault?

Lallana in Pyjamas
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 13,239 posts | 3491 
      Reply #30253: Jan 12, 2022 06:47:34 pm
      About the owners, not much I can do. I haven't bought any LFC related merch for years...I don't have the opportunity that people like yourself do of going to games so it isn't like I can participate in a walkout or protest.
      I accused you of not doing anything? I think the only thing I've accused you of is being pro-FSG to a fault?

So ultimately you have done nothing about the owners - all the chuntering on a forum pointing fingers at people and you have done nothing.

Iā€™m pro FSG yet I walked out of a game in protest at the ticket rise - previously you dismissed that as nothing.
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,423 posts | 6420 
      Reply #30254: Jan 12, 2022 06:51:59 pm
      So ultimately you have done nothing about the owners - all the chuntering on a forum pointing fingers at people and you have done nothing.
      I'm open to suggestions...what would you like me to do or are you just performing your own form of virtue signaling (superfan style) because you are getting frustrated with the fact that you can't insulate yourself from the idea that you are massively PRO-FSG in everything you post.

Iā€™m pro FSG yet I walked out of a game in protest at the ticket rise - previously you dismissed that as nothing.

I'm not dismissing it as nothing, I'm saying one walkout doesn't change the fact that you literally are the first one to defend FSG from any criticism. I'd be willing to bet that if someone had the time to count the posts in the owners thread by poster, you'd easily take the top spot (since you've joined the forum). So in this situation, words are speaking louder than actions. ;)
      Salah10
      • Banned

• 1,224 posts | 200 
      Reply #30255: Jan 12, 2022 06:54:05 pm
      I'm open to suggestions...what would you like me to do or are you just performing your own form of virtue signaling (superfan style) because you are getting frustrated with the fact that you can't insulate yourself from the idea that you are massively PRO-FSG in everything you post.

I'm not dismissing it as nothing, I'm saying one walkout doesn't change the fact that you literally are the first one to defend FSG from any criticism. I'd be willing to bet that if someone had the time to count the posts in the owners thread by poster, you'd easily take the top spot (since you've joined the forum). So in this situation, words are speaking louder than actions. ;)

Pyjamas doesn't do bets, trust me.
      Lallana in Pyjamas
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 13,239 posts | 3491 
      Reply #30256: Jan 12, 2022 07:03:12 pm

Any criticism? Iā€™ll guess you will be able to find where I defended the owners on the ESL ? Or trademark or furlough ? You are more than happy to have a search for that

Or is just the fact that Iā€™m ok with the way the club is run on the football side , Iā€™m ok with the way they keep the club financially sound , Iā€™m ok with the way they brought in the best manager and recruitment team - or that Iā€™m ok with them bringing in some wonderful talented players or the fact that we are finally building up the stadium , or the fact that we have a world class training venue or the fact that the club is in the best shape itā€™s ever been in the Prem Lge era.

Iā€™m more than ok with sharing credit with the owners for the current position the club is in right now - and even more than ok with the fact itā€™s been done smartly , above board and within any rules set about.

And Iā€™m more than ok that I can see investment in the club as more than just buying players in a transfer window.

If that makes me ā€œMassively Pro FSGā€ then so be it. Itā€™s better than some social media fan shouting about what the club should do from the comfort of his armchair knowing that if it goes wrong it wonā€™t affect him at all

Iā€™ll just put you into that bracket of modern e fan , the social media fan who has no emotional connections to the club
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,423 posts | 6420 
      Reply #30257: Jan 12, 2022 07:08:33 pm
      Any criticism? Iā€™ll guess you will be able to find where I defended the owners on the ESL ? Or trademark or furlough ? You are more than happy to have a search for that

Or is just the fact that Iā€™m ok with the way the club is run on the football side , Iā€™m ok with the way they keep the club financially sound , Iā€™m ok with the way they brought in the best manager and recruitment team - or that Iā€™m ok with them bringing in some wonderful talented players or the fact that we are finally building up the stadium , or the fact that we have a world class training venue or the fact that the club is in the best shape itā€™s ever been in the Prem Lge era.

Iā€™m more than ok with sharing credit with the owners for the current position the club is in right now - and even more than ok with the fact itā€™s been done smartly , above board and within any rules set about.

And Iā€™m more than ok that I can see investment in the club as more than just buying players in a transfer window.

If that makes me ā€œMassively Pro FSGā€ then so be it. Itā€™s better than some social media fan shouting about what the club should do from the comfort of his armchair knowing that if it goes wrong it wonā€™t affect him at all

Iā€™ll just put you into that bracket of modern e fan , the social media fan who has no emotional connections to the club

You don't get to put me in a bracket of anything. This isn't about me, it's about you and your constant support and defense of FSG.
      Lallana in Pyjamas
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 13,239 posts | 3491 
      Reply #30258: Jan 12, 2022 07:12:00 pm
      You don't get to put me in a bracket of anything. This isn't about me, it's about you and your constant support and defense of FSG.

Sorry but if you want to put me into a bracket then expect the same
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,423 posts | 6420 
      Reply #30259: Jan 12, 2022 07:15:03 pm

Sorry but if you want to put me into a bracket then expect the same

No, that's not how it works. You've been put in a bracket (by others not just me) because of how you constantly defend FSG from any criticism. It is what it is. If you want to be the first one to always come to their defense, then don't be surprised that you get stuck in there.
      Lallana in Pyjamas
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 13,239 posts | 3491 
      Reply #30260: Jan 12, 2022 07:17:34 pm
      No, that's not how it works. You've been put in a bracket (by others not just me) because of how you constantly defend FSG from any criticism. It is what it is. If you want to be the first one to always come to their defense, then don't be surprised that you get stuck in there.

Sorry it works anyway I wish even more so when people want to shove labels onto me - even more so when itā€™s from people who add nothing to the club
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,423 posts | 6420 
      Reply #30261: Jan 12, 2022 07:25:55 pm
      Sorry it works anyway I wish even more so when people want to shove labels onto me - even more so when itā€™s from people who add nothing to the club

Ahhh...there it is. I can never be as "good" of a supporter as you because I don't get the chance to go to the games. That doesn't seem very inclusive of you to think that way. You must feel pretty good about yourself. I could only endeavor to someday be as important to the owners, I mean the club, as you are.
      Lallana in Pyjamas
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 13,239 posts | 3491 
      Reply #30262: Jan 12, 2022 07:34:51 pm

Ahhh...there it is. I can never be as "good" of a supporter as you because I don't get the chance to go to the games. That doesn't seem very inclusive of you to think that way. You must feel pretty good about yourself. I could only endeavor to someday be as important to the owners, I mean the club, as you are.

Not at all - you started to put labels on me because of my opinion , it seems when I do the same you donā€™t like it. Not nice is it .
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,423 posts | 6420 
      Reply #30263: Jan 12, 2022 07:43:35 pm
      Not at all - you started to put labels on me because of my opinion , it seems when I do the same you donā€™t like it. Not nice is it .

Oh I don't care if you label me based on who I am (which you wouldn't be able to judge because you don't know me), or look at my posts and label me based on that. You are making assumptions about me as a supporter based on the fact that I don't attend games in person. And now when called out on it you are trying your typical tactic of deflecting and wiggling around it.
      Lallana in Pyjamas
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 13,239 posts | 3491 
      Reply #30264: Jan 12, 2022 07:48:29 pm
      Oh I don't care if you label me based on who I am (which you wouldn't be able to judge because you don't know me), or look at my posts and label me based on that. You are making assumptions about me as a supporter based on the fact that I don't attend games in person. And now when called out on it you are trying your typical tactic of deflecting and wiggling around it.

No wiggling - you have made judgments about me based on a opinion - and Iā€™m making judgments about you and yep that includes the fact you donā€™t go to games

Iā€™m guessing youā€™re still finding the posts where I defended the owners in regards the super league for example ? So Iā€™m going to guess there is nothing more to say until you find them
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,423 posts | 6420 
      Reply #30265: Jan 12, 2022 07:58:21 pm
      No wiggling - you have made judgments about me based on a opinion - and Iā€™m making judgments about you and yep that includes the fact you donā€™t go to games
      I'm making judgements based on your constant and unwavering defense of FSG anytime someone posts something that's remotely negative about them. Just go back in this thread and read all the comments. And at least you are admitting that you feel you are superior to me because I don't go to games. That wasn't so hard was it?

Iā€™m guessing youā€™re still finding the posts where I defended the owners in regards the super league for example ? So Iā€™m going to guess there is nothing more to say until you find them

Many of us could only hope you'd have nothing more to say, trust me. ;D
      shabbadoo
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 29,479 posts | 4595 
      Reply #30266: Jan 12, 2022 08:08:28 pm
      Aye look at me big bollocks because I go to gamesā€¦ that makes my opinion far more greater than you non going supporters..?

:tosser:

Lallana in Pyjamas
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 13,239 posts | 3491 
      Reply #30267: Jan 12, 2022 08:12:31 pm
      I'm making judgements based on your constant and unwavering defense of FSG anytime someone posts something that's remotely negative about them. Just go back in this thread and read all the comments. And at least you are admitting that you feel you are superior to me because I don't go to games. That wasn't so hard was it?

Many of us could only hope you'd have nothing more to say, trust me. ;D

I have no issues with people making judgments about my support if they actually contributed towards the club and didnā€™t just sit typing away on keyboard telling everyone how the club should work - I actually would give it a bit more credence if it was someone sat next to me who had put not just his hard earned up but also his heart and soul into it

This all started when you decided to start to label other supporters based on their opinions and in the past also on their actions.

I can now see why you are happy for loans to be taken out and risks to taken with the club - because if it goes wrong then it doesnā€™t really affect you at the end of the day.

At the end of the day people can think what they like - this is forum where 99% have respect for others opinion , debate sensibly even if the opinions are opposing, there are some very sound supporters on here who have the complete opposite opinion to me but itā€™s respectful as itā€™s come from a place where itā€™s been earned through the hard years as well as the good years , through the pain and the suffering along with the good times.

Maybe when you leave the chair and put something into the club then you can point fingers at others.

You have a good day now as they say over there

Quick Reply