Trending Topics

Next match: Villa v LFC [Premier League] Mon 13th May @ 8:00 pm
      Villa Park

Today is the 8th of May and on this date LFC's match record is P20 W12 D4 L4

NESV/Fenway Sports Group: Owners of LFC

Read 2777845 times
      Newdawn
      • Forum Billy Liddell

• 616 posts | 75 
      Re: NESV/Fenway Sports Group: Owners of LFC
      Reply #30774: Aug 22, 2022 11:35:10 pm
      Right so Klopp has indirectly blamed FSG and stated we need a new midfielder but has been told no.

Second time in two days he's mentioned it.

So Klopp is not being backed by them.

I'm awaiting Lallanainpyjamas to answer this one please. This one's for you.
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #30775: Aug 22, 2022 11:41:55 pm
      Don't get me wrong mate I think we need a CM in the very near future and am certain the club are planning accordingly but I don't think it's the only issue.

Ah no, certainly not the only issue. Why we persist on either having a youngster or a CB as cover for Trent at RB is something I can't get my head around. Trent is playing badly, what option do we have? This new nipper we signed hasn't even trained with us yet because he was injured (obviously) when he signed and that's it. If Robbo is having a bad game or is missing then we have Kostas. Kostas isn't the same level as Robbo but he's reliable and effective the majority of the time. I don't understand why we persist with youngsters like Williams, Bradley, Ramsey or put Gomez there instead of trying to find a similar player like Kostas who knows he wont be first choice but can be reilied upon.
      I'm not saying Ramsey won't be a good player but he hasn't even kicked a ball for us yet and is coming from the SPL.

Gomez can do a job there but we can't play him there now because it means either Phillips or a midfielder at CB.
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,291 posts | 4939 
      Reply #30776: Aug 22, 2022 11:44:35 pm
      Right so Klopp has indirectly blamed FSG and stated we need a new midfielder but has been told no.

Has he?

Stick the quote up so we all can see.
      Don77
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 6,590 posts | 1099 
      Reply #30777: Aug 22, 2022 11:47:13 pm
      I don't know much about Ramsey. When I look at Williams out and ramsay in I can't help but feel the main thing / reason these deals were done was to bank around 10m quid.

Ramsay being an upgrade on Williams wasn't the driving factor here I feel. Nunez was brought in and JĆ¼rgen has to bring so much of that back in this summer.

Got decent money for Williams and Minamino.
      CT_LFC

• 6,812 posts | 1406 
      Reply #30778: Aug 22, 2022 11:51:28 pm
      More worryingly for me outside of the normal chatter that happens around investment etc when we drop points, is the feeling the owners would not be the ones to stand in the way of moving a number of players on.

Firmino, Milner, Keita and Ox should all be out the door at a minimum by now and my worry the reason they arenā€™t is Kloppā€™s loyalty. If they all got sold Iā€™m sure funds would have been available to replace them, either directly or through reshaping the squad. It feels like the squad has stagnated imo and needs refreshing, the owners are not going to make that decision it will come from those working day in and day out on the training pitch.

Correct. What this thread shows is that people have never worked in a large organization like the one FSG is. They think John Henry is in his office signing the check to restock the fridge and not realize FSG as an organization is one probably in the billions in revenue across its 12 units with a large management structure in place to make all operating decisions. They're not going to say "no, don't resign Milner". That decision to keep the player will be made by the football people as you noted since they are the ones that see the player every day.
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      Reply #30779: Aug 22, 2022 11:52:29 pm
      -LFC-
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,231 posts | 1222 
      Reply #30780: Aug 22, 2022 11:56:54 pm
      That's as close as you're ever going to get JĆ¼rgen saying he thinks we could do with some reinforcements as he has to work within the constraints of the job. A hint, a suggestion but not an outright repudiation because he has to hold it all together and still work with those above him.
      Don77

• 6,590 posts | 1099 
      Reply #30781: Aug 23, 2022 12:01:01 am
      JĆ¼rgen was obviously being badgered by alot of similar questions. Tomorrow he will no doubt wish he hadn't said it. But with what's happened tonight ... the emotion and the result ... I can understand it.

Were all feeling it. I just genuinely feel chamberlain keita and even jones could have been sold and the money invested on someone better and ready to play. Good midfirders moved this summer for free, on loan or reasonable fees and we should have been active imo.
      Newdawn
      • Forum Billy Liddell

• 616 posts | 75 
      Reply #30782: Aug 23, 2022 12:02:57 am
      So if we don't need a midfielder why did Klopp contact Tchoumeni?
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      Reply #30783: Aug 23, 2022 12:03:11 am
      Tomorrow he will no doubt wish he hadn't said it. But with what's happened tonight ... the emotion and the result ... I can understand it.

He said that a couple of days ago, so it was in his thoughts before we even lost tonight.
      Newdawn
      • Forum Billy Liddell

• 616 posts | 75 
      Reply #30784: Aug 23, 2022 12:16:25 am
      AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,824 posts | 6771 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone
      Reply #30785: Aug 23, 2022 01:34:12 am
      Wonder if they were watching tonight and said "F**k me, we need new midfielders and another Striker"?

Probably watching the Baseball!  :-\
      __Tickle__
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,895 posts | 423 
      Reply #30786: Aug 23, 2022 08:14:28 am
      I don't know much about Ramsey. When I look at Williams out and ramsay in I can't help but feel the main thing / reason these deals were done was to bank around 10m quid.

Ramsay being an upgrade on Williams wasn't the driving factor here I feel. Nunez was brought in and JĆ¼rgen has to bring so much of that back in this summer.

Got decent money for Williams and Minamino.

The money made was definitely the reason. That's when alarm bells started ringing for me on what restraints the club were putting on the management team.

I'm not sure the best right back cover money could buy was the lad from the SPL. I think it was the club recuperating some Darwin outlay by in their minds being clever.

Neco has really shone for Forest. He is Trent like in his forward play and getting better defensively all the time.

He would have been a viable option to rotate Trent with this season. As it is we used him to balance the net spend back down to a pittance.

Klopp is saying he would like a midfielder but he isn't in charge of what we spend... the question is where is the money going? I cant remember a recent transfer window of big spending that would mean there's no money left for players.

I remember us playing every game last season including a champions league final so I'm sure if the will to do it is there then there's some money for a player.
      « Last Edit: Aug 23, 2022 08:20:49 am by __Tickle__ »
      Newdawn
      • Forum Billy Liddell

• 616 posts | 75 
      Reply #30787: Aug 23, 2022 09:15:35 am
      https://twitter.com/FabrizioRomano/status/1561980422392782849?s=20&t=HrFSiYfpUDpqx0J2CkNrCg

This certainly doesn't sound like "I'm happy to wait until next year for a player".
      Norfolk Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 1,177 posts | 526 
      Reply #30788: Aug 23, 2022 09:23:53 am

That is where I have been going wrong all these years, I must believe everything I read on Twitter................
      Newdawn
      • Forum Billy Liddell

• 616 posts | 75 
      Reply #30789: Aug 23, 2022 09:39:07 am

That is where I have been going wrong all these years, I must believe everything I read on Twitter................

He's literally quoted sky what more do you want? ;D
      Rush
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 9,527 posts | 1515 
      • "If you are second, you are nothing."
      Reply #30790: Aug 23, 2022 09:41:04 am

Yeah, not sure where you're going with this Norfolk. That's a quote straight out of the horse's mouth.
      Rush
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 9,527 posts | 1515 
      • "If you are second, you are nothing."
      Reply #30791: Aug 23, 2022 09:45:42 am
      Klopp's been working wonders and that's shielded FSG. Now the malaise has set in, fans are naturally going to ask why that is.

They bought Nunez, they sold Mane and Neco. They are expanding the stadium, we must have made a lot of money from our recent successes (going back to the ECL win), not to mention recent deals with Nike.

And what is this: "FSG and Liverpool investor RedBird gears up for another Ā£2.1bn war chest. RedBird Capital Partners, the US investment fund that owns 11 per cent of Liverpool owners Fenway Sports Group, is heading back to the market to raise capital for a fourth fund."

Please back our manager. He's basically asked you to do so.
      Newdawn
      • Forum Billy Liddell

• 616 posts | 75 
      Reply #30792: Aug 23, 2022 09:54:49 am
      Right so JĆ¼rgen has gone public, like I said he would before the United game, in letting people know he's not being backed. He's not come out guns blazing but he's let it be known.

What now FSG fans? Who's to blame now?
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,586 posts | 7140 
      Reply #30793: Aug 23, 2022 10:03:45 am
      you wont get anything from FSG they dont care about winning football games just the balance sheet and the value of their investment. They have no affinity with the City the Club or the game and are cosseted across the Atlantic. What we need isnt available or if it is will be more than we will spend.
      We need to hang on to top 4 somehow or we will struggle like UTD to get the quality of player needed
      Lallana in Pyjamas
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 13,140 posts | 3464 
      Reply #30794: Aug 23, 2022 10:17:28 am
      Klopp's been working wonders and that's shielded FSG. Now the malaise has set in, fans are naturally going to ask why that is.

They bought Nunez, they sold Mane and Neco. They are expanding the stadium, we must have made a lot of money from our recent successes (going back to the ECL win), not to mention recent deals with Nike.

And what is this: "FSG and Liverpool investor RedBird gears up for another Ā£2.1bn war chest. RedBird Capital Partners, the US investment fund that owns 11 per cent of Liverpool owners Fenway Sports Group, is heading back to the market to raise capital for a fourth fund."

Please back our manager. He's basically asked you to do so.

Itā€™s prob better to break down who in the ā€œtheyā€ does what

They sold Mane and Neco and bought Nunez - thatā€™s Ward and his team along with Klopp

They expanded the stadium - that Hogan and his team

I have no doubt we did make a lot of money , we also spent a lot of money and the recent accounts included the losses

And the Red Bird stuff is all a bit misleading as itā€™s buying a percentage of the whole company - there was talk that some money was being used to help pay the stadium loans etc
      Lallana in Pyjamas
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 13,140 posts | 3464 
      Reply #30795: Aug 23, 2022 10:20:16 am
      Right so JĆ¼rgen has gone public, like I said he would before the United game, in letting people know he's not being backed. He's not come out guns blazing but he's let it be known.

What has he ā€œgone publicā€ about ?

Do you have the quote that you are alluding too
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,586 posts | 7140 
      Reply #30796: Aug 23, 2022 10:20:28 am

they will not turn on them because they have always defended everything they don't do. The time for major investment was after winning the league we missed that opportunity and this is the result

Quick Reply