Trending Topics

Next match: Betis v LFC [Friendly] Sat 27th Jul @ 12:30 am
      Acrisure Stadium

Today is the 16th of June and on this date LFC's match record is P0 W0 D0 L0

NESV/Fenway Sports Group: Owners of LFC

Read 2830230 times
      Rush
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 9,564 posts | 1549 
      • "If you are second, you are nothing."
      Re: NESV/Fenway Sports Group: Owners of LFC
      Reply #32223: Oct 30, 2022 02:49:28 pm
      It was Klopp that was talking about midfielders and the club looking at a couple

And it was Klopp that said ā€œhe would like to take riskā€ but then said he isnā€™t in charge of the money
      That tells me there wasn't enough money available.
      Hopeinmyheart
      • Banned

• 64 posts |
      Reply #32224: Oct 30, 2022 02:54:01 pm
      It was Klopp that was talking about midfielders and the club looking at a couple

And it was Klopp that said ā€œhe would like to take riskā€ but then said he isnā€™t in charge of the money

You're really ignoring my question aren't you.

Is this guy a troll or what? Or is he an fsg lover to a weird extent? He seems to be constantly defending them and completely ignoring my question after asking me many.
      ed603em
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 735 posts | 113 
      Reply #32225: Oct 30, 2022 02:54:46 pm
      wasting your time he is just an apologist for them how he gets away with being a servant of FSG on this forum is beyond me. There are probably two people on this forum who do not get the  importance and relevance of net spend and they do it to be confrontational and obtuse just being argumentative for the sake of it.

It's not being confrontational or obtuse, it is understanding the reality of what is going on. If you look at the two biggest young talents in world football right now - Haaland and Mbappe - it is not the transfer fees that have stopped us from being serious contenders for them, it is the wages. Their wages is what has stopped us (and most other teams) from having a realistic chance of signing them - that is why wages matter and why wages have to be factored in when you're talking about things like 'net spend'. We spend circa Ā£150m on player wages each year, so it should be factored in when we are talking about how much financial investment there is in the club.

Hopeinmyheart
      • Banned

• 64 posts |
      Reply #32226: Oct 30, 2022 03:01:50 pm
      It's not being confrontational or obtuse, it is understanding the reality of what is going on. If you look at the two biggest young talents in world football right now - Haaland and Mbappe - it is not the transfer fees that have stopped us from being serious contenders for them, it is the wages. Their wages is what has stopped us (and most other teams) from having a realistic chance of signing them - that is why wages matter and why wages have to be factored in when you're talking about things like 'net spend'. We spend circa Ā£150m on player wages each year, so it should be factored in when we are talking about how much financial investment there is in the club.

How are other teams signing players?
      KeepTheFaith
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,533 posts | 225 
      Reply #32227: Oct 30, 2022 03:07:29 pm
      Because he honestly thought we did not need a midfielder. Then, realised he'd made a mistake, and came out on national TV and admitted that mistake. You know, like an honest person would. As for the money, well, I think we need to be more adventurous in the transfer market.

Therefore the money was there as we made bids after his error
      KeepTheFaith
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,533 posts | 225 
      Reply #32228: Oct 30, 2022 03:08:12 pm
      Ok so we lose Ox and Keita on frees.

Who can we sell? From who I can think of I'll give my take on potential fees.

Hendo 10m max. I can't see teams requiring him.

Fabinho 15/20m.

Jones I think we won't find anyone wanting to pay a fee.

Who else can we possibly sell? We're down to bare bones come the summer.

The club makes money to spend like we had this summer
      I donā€™t think klopp or the new manager will make the same mistake as this previous summer
      HamannsTheMan
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,031 posts | 1978 
      Reply #32229: Oct 30, 2022 03:08:53 pm

Well isnā€™t that just poor running of the club then? Because thereā€™s several players on high wages who contribute nothing.

And the reason I think those players repeatedly get new contracts and we have to pay them a high wage is because there are no funds to sign anybody else to replace them. Klopp is stuck with them.

Firmino will be a good example this summer. He started the season well but if weā€™re all honest, heā€™s well past his best and has been for some time now. Bobby has been a massive part of our success but instead of replacing him with an established forward to keep competitive, Iā€™m going to predict we try and tie him down on a new deal instead even though his best years are behind him now. If he does go, I guarantee there will be a certain somebody on here telling us that Jota was his replacement.
      Hopeinmyheart
      • Banned

• 64 posts |
      Reply #32230: Oct 30, 2022 03:13:04 pm
      The club makes money to spend like we had this summer
      I donā€™t think klopp or the new manager will make the same mistake as this previous summer

Well if we make money to spend why have we spent approx Ā£15m of the clubs money every year? Where has this money been up until now then?

My point is we have no one to sell to make the money needed for a rebuild. If you're saying no we make money elsewhere then where the F**k has it been all this time?
      Hopeinmyheart
      • Banned

• 64 posts |
      Reply #32231: Oct 30, 2022 03:14:14 pm

And the reason I think those players repeatedly get new contracts and we have to pay them a high wage is because there are no funds to sign anybody else to replace them. Klopp is stuck with them.

Mate EXACTLY THIS. I have said this to my brother for years. They get contract extensions because it's cheaper than signing new players
      waltonl4
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 37,791 posts | 7190 
      Reply #32232: Oct 30, 2022 03:16:40 pm

Is this guy a troll or what? Or is he an fsg lover to a weird extent? He seems to be constantly defending them and completely ignoring my question after asking me many.

he has one mantra FSG good anyone who questions their motives bad. Ask him where did the Ā£750million they got for selling part of FSG go.
      Nah dont bother life is too short I suggest you put him on ignore and deal with real people who have opinions that we can discuss agree on or disagree.
      Lallana in Pyjamas
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 13,265 posts | 3503 
      Reply #32233: Oct 30, 2022 03:17:38 pm
      Are you purposely ignoring my question after asking me loads of questions?

I'll ask again.

What do you think needs to change and do you have any suggestions on how it should change? As the current process is broken.

I donā€™t think anything needs to change in regards how they club does itā€™s transfer business - I think since Edwards took over itā€™s the best the league 🤷ā€ā™‚ļø
      Lallana in Pyjamas
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 13,265 posts | 3503 
      Reply #32234: Oct 30, 2022 03:19:46 pm
      That tells me there wasn't enough money available.

Does it ? In what way though.  What money available always seems to be an unknown - we know the club only use whatā€™s earned and the club has earned well but has a big wage bill. I think there is money there but as we have seen over the years the club will spend when itā€™s the player they want.
      waltonl4
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 37,791 posts | 7190 
      Reply #32235: Oct 30, 2022 03:20:09 pm
      so if FSG come out and say we cannot compete with City, Newcastle, UTD or Chelsea or even Arsenal then were does that leave us chasing 4th or 5th. They need to get their fat rich arses over here and feel the heat and stop using JĆ¼rgen as their shield the man has given us enough .
      Lallana in Pyjamas
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 13,265 posts | 3503 
      Reply #32236: Oct 30, 2022 03:21:12 pm

Sorry but what question are you asking ?

You donā€™t appear to have answered anything I have asked beyond ā€œdo what other clubs doā€
      Lallana in Pyjamas
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 13,265 posts | 3503 
      Reply #32237: Oct 30, 2022 03:23:05 pm
      he has one mantra FSG good anyone who questions their motives bad. Ask him where did the Ā£750million they got for selling part of FSG go.
      Nah dont bother life is too short I suggest you put him on ignore and deal with real people who have opinions that we can discuss agree on or disagree.

The Ā£750mil went on them buying an ice hockey team and also some went on offsetting some Covid losses apparently 🤷ā€ā™‚ļø
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,232 posts | 4421 
      Reply #32238: Oct 30, 2022 03:47:04 pm

You must be new on here heā€™s on the FSG pay roll 😁.
      Lallana in Pyjamas
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 13,265 posts | 3503 
      Reply #32239: Oct 30, 2022 03:48:23 pm
      You must be new on here heā€™s on the FSG pay roll 😁.

🥱
      UncleBob
      • Spotify Bob
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,135 posts | 567 
      Reply #32240: Oct 30, 2022 04:02:28 pm
      Challenging for the title is an expensive hobby where the prize funds are not much difference to finishing in the other champions league places.
      With the top 5 soon to be qualifying I can see many owners thinking that finishing 5th and getting in the champions league (and hopefully latter stages) will be great business.
      Spending that extra 50m/100m/200m to claim the title and that extra few million prize money probably doesnā€™t make much business sense.

stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 36,044 posts | 3967 
      Reply #32241: Oct 30, 2022 04:29:53 pm

Endless bullshit.
      Don77
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 6,635 posts | 1125 
      Reply #32242: Oct 30, 2022 04:37:12 pm

Before this summer it was 620m spend and 480m recouped. 69m spent in the summer ... 73 recouped. I make that 689m spent and 553 recouped for a net spend of 136m over all those years. Less than 20m a year. Propped fsg up with nothing. Fsg are cowboys ... won't back JĆ¼rgen Klopp.

Shameful they are. They won't be backing him in January or the summer either.
      Lallana in Pyjamas
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 13,265 posts | 3503 
      Reply #32243: Oct 30, 2022 04:45:29 pm

No itā€™s facts 🤷ā€ā™‚ļø
      FATKOPITE10
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,542 posts | 3473 
      • Liverpool fc give me tourettes
      Reply #32244: Oct 30, 2022 04:46:25 pm
      No itā€™s facts 🤷ā€ā™‚ļø

Where have I heard that before ?
      Lallana in Pyjamas
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 13,265 posts | 3503 
      Reply #32245: Oct 30, 2022 04:46:59 pm
      Before this summer it was 620m spend and 480m recouped. 69m spent in the summer ... 73 recouped. I make that 689m spent and 553 recouped for a net spend of 136m over all those years. Less than 20m a year. Propped fsg up with nothing. Fsg are cowboys ... won't back JĆ¼rgen Klopp.

Shameful they are. They won't be backing him in January or the summer either.

We spent Ā£85mil in the summer and sold Ā£72mil worth of players

How are they ā€œcowboysā€ ?

Quick Reply