Trending Topics

Next match: Villa v LFC [Premier League] Mon 13th May @ 8:00 pm
      Villa Park

Today is the 8th of May and on this date LFC's match record is P20 W12 D4 L4

NESV/Fenway Sports Group: Owners of LFC

Read 2777542 times
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 36,018 posts | 3955 
      Re: NESV/Fenway Sports Group: Owners of LFC
      Reply #33695: Jul 23, 2023 06:20:05 pm
      Don’t know how much credibility can be attached but it’s worth a read:-

https://anfieldhome.com/american-billionaires-linked-with-liverpool-sale-for-6-05b-takeover/
      billythered
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 10,961 posts | 5014 
      • From Doubters to Champions of the World
      Reply #33696: Jul 23, 2023 06:31:18 pm

Can’t be arsed fighting thru all those f***in ads, I get the gist, but remain extremely cautious, better the devil you know and all that, who’s to say their not another Herpes & Gonhorrea, god forbid !!

YNWA
      Lallana in Pyjamas
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 13,136 posts | 3464 
      Reply #33697: Jul 23, 2023 06:50:08 pm

There is nothing of any substance in that

And the people they are talking about have a stake in Palace so would need to sell up there
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,586 posts | 7140 
      Reply #33698: Jul 23, 2023 06:52:04 pm
      unless new owners can afford £165 mil for the likes of MBappe or £120 for Bellingham plus the wages whats the point. Football finances are spiralling out of control and they need to be brought back inhand but who will do it the FA the EPL or UEFA not a chance
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 36,018 posts | 3955 
      Reply #33699: Jul 23, 2023 06:56:56 pm

Can’t be arsed fighting thru all those f***in ads, I get the gist, but remain extremely cautious, better the devil you know and all that, who’s to say their not another Herpes & Gonhorrea, god forbid !!

YNWA

But they might be prepared to invest in the club above and beyond the actual buy out monies, possibly they see that the asset that is LFC can provide a greater return with real investment.
      billythered
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 10,961 posts | 5014 
      Reply #33700: Jul 23, 2023 08:46:08 pm
      But they might be prepared to invest in the club above and beyond the actual buy out monies, possibly they see that the asset that is LFC can provide a greater return with real investment.

Maybe, maybe not, we all know we can’t compete with the Oily lot, and that still could be the case if indeed we are taken over, there’s absolutely no Guarantee of ‘Real’ investment, and even if they did we’d still have to abide under FFP rules,
      As far as I’m concerned if it ain’t broke don’t fix it, and FSG despite their tightarsed nature, have kept us in the black, have delivered what they said they would, and have backed Jürgen in this window to allow us to compete again,

Anyways mate, I’d much rather we build title winning teams rather just buy for the sake of buying and become like the fraudsters, like Newcastle inevitably will be, those Plastic Pricks Beoly spunked £600m on just so they can  pretend their a big club and keep waving their plastic flags!!!

Better the devil you know, I like saying that 😁👍🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿

YNWA

Lallana in Pyjamas
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 13,136 posts | 3464 
      Reply #33701: Jul 23, 2023 08:51:28 pm

Maybe, maybe not, we all know we can’t compete with the Oily lot, and that still could be the case if indeed we are taken over, there’s absolutely no Guarantee of ‘Real’ investment, and even if they did we’d still have to abide under FFP rules,
      As far as I’m concerned if it ain’t broke don’t fix it, and FSG despite their tightarsed nature, have kept us in the black, have delivered what they said they would, and have backed Jürgen in this window to allow us to compete again,

Anyways mate, I’d much rather we build title winning teams rather just buy for the sake of buying and become like the fraudsters, like Newcastle inevitably will be, those Plastic Pricks Beoly spunked £600m on just so they can  pretend their a big club and keep waving their plastic flags!!!

YNWA

👏👏👏👏👏👏👏👏👏👏👏👏👏👏👏
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,359 posts | 6399 
      Reply #33702: Jul 23, 2023 09:01:59 pm

YNWA

You can be ok with the owners you have and still wish for better. There is always room for improvement. There are several levels between where we are and Oil funded owners.
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,586 posts | 7140 
      Reply #33703: Jul 26, 2023 12:59:11 pm
      wonder who has dropped the ball with the New Stand development now it won't be open until October and it will be a phased opening. Its not as though the season hasnt always started in August.
      billythered
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 10,961 posts | 5014 
      Reply #33704: Jul 26, 2023 09:02:28 pm
      wonder who has dropped the ball with the New Stand development now it won't be open until October and it will be a phased opening. Its not as though the season hasnt always started in August.

Someone somewhere has fu**ed up in a pretty big fashion, first two home fixtures I believe were rescheduled for the grand opening,
      Or it maybe a structural problem unforeseen, hence the difference time wise between end of August and October, I’m going for the latter, bit of a anti climax after the hullabaloo of finishing on time , no doubt someone’s balls will be getting massaged with a cheese grater anytime soon, !!! 😧

YNWA
      Lallana in Pyjamas
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 13,136 posts | 3464 
      Reply #33705: Jul 26, 2023 09:25:07 pm
      Why is the stadium stuff in this thread 🤷‍♂️
      billythered
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 10,961 posts | 5014 
      Reply #33706: Jul 27, 2023 04:46:13 am
      [quote author Lallana in Pyjamas link=topic=33716
      [/quote]

Because it’s related to our owners re, NESV/FSG sports group, and it’s the Thread’s Title ??  :f_whistle:
      brezipool
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,568 posts | 1802 
      • Mon the Red Machine !
      Reply #33707: Jul 27, 2023 07:24:56 am

Could be any number of reasons, delay in materials, snagging, building control, H&S etc.
      brezipool
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,568 posts | 1802 
      • Mon the Red Machine !
      Reply #33708: Jul 27, 2023 07:26:47 am
      We had to delay a project last year, cos we couldnt get internals doors delivered on time, the type we wanted were in short supply, delayed job by a few weeks.

All sorts of sh1t is happening on construction projects since brexshite & covid.

srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,291 posts | 4939 
      Reply #33709: Jul 27, 2023 07:38:21 am
      [quote author Lallana in Pyjamas link=topic=33716

Because it’s related to our owners re, NESV/FSG sports group, and it’s the Thread’s Title ??  :f_whistle:

If only we had an Anfield Development Progress Thread though. ;)

Lallana in Pyjamas
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 13,136 posts | 3464 
      Reply #33710: Jul 27, 2023 08:17:32 am
      If only we had an Anfield Development Progress Thread though. ;)

If only 😁

waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,586 posts | 7140 
      Reply #33711: Jul 27, 2023 09:48:38 am
      if only we didnt have people so far up FSG's arse.
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,331 posts | 8605 
      Reply #33712: Jul 27, 2023 05:39:06 pm
      if only we didnt have people so far up FSG's arse.

I'd start with Buckingham, the contractor actually building the stand before I started moaning about the owners.

waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,586 posts | 7140 
      Reply #33713: Jul 28, 2023 10:07:43 am
      I'd start with Buckingham, the contractor actually building the stand before I started moaning about the owners.

you dont hand total control of a project this big solely to a contractor and someone didnt wakeup last week and realise we wouldnt get all the necessary permits and safety controls in place as originally thought. but its nice you have made two new friends.
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,291 posts | 4939 
      Reply #33714: Jul 28, 2023 10:49:22 am
      you dont hand total control of a project this big solely to a contractor and someone didnt wakeup last week and realise we wouldnt get all the necessary permits and safety controls in place as originally thought. but its nice you have made two new friends.

What exactly are you trying to get at Walt?

This won't be the first huge building project to run behind schedule. And won't be the last.

What would you want FSG to do?

Frankly, Mr Shankly
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,079 posts | 2112 
      Reply #33715: Jul 28, 2023 10:51:48 am
      What exactly are you trying to get at Walt?

This won't be the first huge building project to run behind schedule. And won't be the last.

What would you want FSG to do?

Cure all cancers and bring about world peace at this rate.
      Lallana in Pyjamas
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 13,136 posts | 3464 
      Reply #33716: Jul 28, 2023 11:05:38 am

Are you really trying to blame the owners for the delay ?

What else in the world do you want to blame them for
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,331 posts | 8605 
      Reply #33717: Jul 28, 2023 01:00:43 pm

Having worked for a building contractor of similar stature, that's exactly what happens you tin hatted daft c**t!!

Probably why the two new friends liked it soft lad 😉

Quick Reply