Trending Topics

Next match: v [] Thu 1st Jan @ 1:00 am

Today is the 29th of May and on this date LFC's match record is P8 W3 D3 L2

Hicks admits Internet Terrorists scared people off

Read 13431 times
      racerx34
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 33,661 posts | 3896 
      • THE SALT IN THE SOUP
      Re: Hicks admits Internet Terrorists scared people off
      Reply #23: Oct 15, 2010 11:02:15 pm
      So this isnt over? Actually Tom it is. SSN are lapping it up. Must be dreading the fact at some point they will have to acknowledge its good for us. . . A valuable asset that was swindled away in an epic swindle. . . Ha. Blames Rafa. . . Ha. Blames fans. . . Ha. Quotes Whiskey nose. . . Joke over you Texas Terrorist
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,484 posts | 8671 
      Reply #24: Oct 15, 2010 11:02:20 pm

I'm surprised you haven't seen the banners over the last 18 months, was seen a few times on the marches.
      Roddenberry
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 16,568 posts | 1876 
      Reply #25: Oct 15, 2010 11:03:58 pm
      From noise to terrorists, in less than a week.  

I tell you what, if I could spread that interview on my roses, they'll come up a treat - f'n horseshit.  He's lost & he's still lying. c**t of a man.  Â£30m on plans for a new stadium, sounds a tad close to embezzling to me and it's even worse when you consider that some articles place the 'stadium' planning costs at closer to £50m.  

Trying to say it's a conspiracy theory? What a wind up merchant.  Problem is, some people will be gullible to take this tw*t at face value.  

Crawl into a corner & die, you lying sack of sh*t.
      Adryan
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,704 posts | 378 
      • Cut my veins open and I bleed Liverpool Red.
      Reply #26: Oct 15, 2010 11:04:52 pm
      Hicks 'shocked, devasted and frustrated' after sale

Former Liverpool owner Tom Hicks has reacted with astonishment at the sale of Liverpool to New England Sports Ventures, claiming he is "shocked" and "cannot understand the fans' anger".

Tom Hicks fought to the bitter end to prevent Liverpool being sold

In an amazing interview, Hicks blamed an "internet terrorism campaign" for the collapse of a takeover from mega-rich multi-billionaires - on the scale of Manchester City.

He also claimed an "organised conspiracy" by Liverpool and the Royal Bank of Scotland led to the sale of the club to John W Henry's company. He criticised chairman Martin Broughton, citing that he is really a Chelsea fan but simply wanted to be the man to hound both himself and George Gillett out of the club.

Hicks said that Rafael Benitez had "lost the club".

And he said the matter is far from over and all will come out in the courts.

Asked how he felt about the sale, Hicks told Sky Sports News: "Shocked. Devastated. Frustrated. I'm very disappointed.

"It's hurt my family tremendously. This is a very valuable asset that was swindled away from me in an epic swindle. I'm very angry about it.

"This has been an organised conspiracy over many months. [Liverpool independent chairman] Martin Broughton wanted a good PR event in his life and be seen as the guy that got rid of those Americans - and he sold to another group of Americans.

"I can't go into the details but I can confirm the funds were available to pay off Royal Bank of Scotland entirely but between Royal Bank of Scotland, the chairman and the employees that conspired against us, they would not let us.

"They were people I thought were our friends, people I thought were loyal, and I was wrong.

"We spent £300million on players, £150million net - I think it's the second or third highest in the English Premier League. You never read about that in the media.

"I read a very interesting article in which Alex Ferguson said 'Rafa had more money to spend than the rest of us, he just bought bad players'.

"Rafa lost the club. We didn't finish at the top - that's not the fault of the owners, we spent good money. Rafa has to take accountability for his own results.

"When we finished second the year before, people weren't nearly as angry. Liverpool fans are just unbelievably strong supporters and they want to win.

"I'm not a novice, I've been in sport for almost 15 years. Whether it's hockey or baseball in the US or soccer fans in Liverpool, people want to win.

"My family members and I have been working very hard to solve the issue. We know there are better owners out there for the Liverpool Football Club than the Boston Red Sox group. We knew who they were. We were just frustrated that every time we had conversations with them we had people in our own organisation who somehow had those things not work out.

"They conspired against us. They were people I thought were our friends, people I thought were loyal, and I was wrong. The process was continually frustrated by chatter about financial distress coming out of RBS.

"The interested buyers that we knew would be the right type of buyers for the club - look what's happened to Manchester City now with their new ownership - that's the kind of buyer we were trying to find for Liverpool and those people were scared off by the distress chatter and the organised internet terrorism campaign that was directed against people involved.

"I just want the truth to come out in the courts. Our desire was to get Liverpool into the hands of an owner who would be able to build a stadium and make Liverpool the top club in the world they deserve to be.''

The 64-year-old Texan admitted that the debt he and Gillett had saddled on the club was "a little too much'', but he hit out at the Royal Bank of Scotland for attempting to drive through a sale too quickly.

"Liverpool is a very healthy performing club which covers its interest fine," he continued. "It has a little bit too much debt, no question. But we were going to fix that and we were frustrated by others.

On the angry protests from the club's fans he said: "I cannot understand the fans' anger.

"I accept that fact that something went wrong in my ability to communicate with the fans and I'm saddened by it. I wish more people had the accurate information. It (the debt figures) have been a millstone because of the fans' reaction to it.

"There's been so many inaccurate numbers about what our interest bill is - we've had plenty of operating income to cover our interest payments with a lot of room to spare.

"We've invested. George and I put in $270 million into the club. We've spent nearly $300 million gross on players. About $150 million net on players and you never hear that in the media.

"That disappears in all the noise and anger.''

The delay over the building of a new stadium for the club was yet another subject to exercise fans' ire. Gillett claimed after taking over that "the shovel has to be in the ground within 60 days''.

"George said that because that was our plan,'' Hicks said. "The design was done 10 years ago, we thought we were going to build it and planned to get that going in the first couple of months. When we presented the new stadium plans in August 2007, that fans who came up to the stadium liked them.

"The people that wanted to be angry at Gillett and Hicks, that's one thing they picked up on. They didn't talk about the reality. We had the chance to build a world-class stadium in Liverpool and I hope the group that took the club today builds that stadium.''

Hicks said the club was ready to start building in late 2008 when the global credit crisis hit and their funding was revoked.

http://soccernet.espn.go.com/news/story?id=832562&sec=england&cc=3888

Is he for real? Even after he's not our owner, he's still talking sh*t?

Why is he blaming Rafa Benitez when we have despised them way before last season happened? I don't even remember 300 million being spent on players. Please explain why Liverpool never got Alves, Silva, or even Barry then? A football club won't progress if star players sold are being replaced by average players.

And please, shiteface, actions speak louder than words. Do us a favour and kill yourself.
      molby86
      • Forum David Johnson

• 239 posts |
      • Best left foot ever.........
      Reply #27: Oct 15, 2010 11:07:10 pm
      Just watched this on SSN and my heart bleeds for him (not!)

Tragic? For F**k's sake who is he trying to kid? I'm actually glad SSN aired this interview as it clearly shows how self serving, egotistical and false Hicks is. The more people see this the more people outside of the LFC community will realise the kind of bullshit and broken promises we have had to live with.
      reddebs
      • "LFC Hipster"
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,980 posts | 2264 
      Reply #28: Oct 15, 2010 11:08:08 pm
      Awe bless him, he spent all that money and has nothing to show for it cos those awful internet terrorists scared off all his fake buyers.

Well done guys - power to the f**kin people!!!

racerx34
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 33,661 posts | 3896 
      • THE SALT IN THE SOUP
      Reply #29: Oct 15, 2010 11:10:02 pm
      As rage would say. We gotta take the power back! . . . Job done ;)
      reddebs
      • "LFC Hipster"
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,980 posts | 2264 
      Reply #30: Oct 15, 2010 11:11:46 pm
      As rage would say. We gotta take the power back! . . . Job done ;)

Amen to that mate.
      Adryan
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,704 posts | 378 
      • Cut my veins open and I bleed Liverpool Red.
      Reply #31: Oct 15, 2010 11:13:59 pm
      He must have been playing too much Football Manager.
      KS67
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,475 posts | 463 
      Reply #32: Oct 15, 2010 11:15:20 pm
      He had three years to paint his side of the story, he can't play the sympathy card. We were there to milk for money not to talk to and now he has lost money he wants us to learn about the 'real' Tom Hicks. F**k off, does he think we are stupid? Or just a 'noise we are dealing with', f**k off Tom.

Also what a suprise that it'd be Sky Sports News that gave him his platform to pedal sh*te.

Finally, I'd like to say how proud I am of what we did on this forum to play our part in ridding our club of these cancers.

KennyIsKing
      • Banned

• 4,628 posts | 129 
      Reply #33: Oct 15, 2010 11:15:25 pm
      Cry me a F***ing river.

F***ing arsehole.

This just makes me want to kick his fat F***ing face in.

"Mr Ferguson doesn't blame the owners at manchester"
      That's because he's an arse licking scumbag - and it proves that bacon face cares more about his own legacy than he does about the club and the fans.

Rafa CARES - that's what some people don't get.

The f**ker looks like he's about to croak - laboured breathing, and inability to finish a sentence without gasping for breath.
      Fingers crossed.

Mr panic, trying to do a PR job - he's full of sh*t, the fat c**t.
      I'll show you F***ing terrorism you c**t, prepare for another shitstorm you fat w**ker.

What a F***ing w**ker - but I suppose losing 10's of millions of dollars will do that to you.

But you know what, I'm glad he lost that money, and I hope he loses the rest of his money.
      I hope his F***ing fat b***ard kids live in penury.
      He's a 2 faced, double speaking c**t and a tw*t of the highest order.

I am so F***ing mad after listening to that pile of sh*te.

I'm gonna go to a net cafe, and bombard the b***ard, from lots of different hotmail accounts.
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,484 posts | 8671 
      Reply #34: Oct 15, 2010 11:18:46 pm
      racerx34
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 33,661 posts | 3896 
      • THE SALT IN THE SOUP
      Reply #35: Oct 15, 2010 11:20:48 pm
      He should sell that picture he has hanging on the wall behind him. I hear its worth up to 50 million. ;)
      Red Barrovian
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,356 posts | 77 
      Reply #36: Oct 15, 2010 11:23:14 pm
      Anyone else feel immensely proud that we were a major part of ousting the cancers? We F***ing won the war.
      KennyIsKing
      • Banned

• 4,628 posts | 129 
      Reply #37: Oct 15, 2010 11:24:24 pm
      Tom Hicks - todays Heather Mills.

Tomorrows chip wrappings.
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,484 posts | 8671 
      Reply #38: Oct 15, 2010 11:27:02 pm
      http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0PBSSkdUDJ8&feature=player_embedded

I wonder if Guantanamo still has room for at least another 100,000!!
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 36,041 posts | 3966 
      Reply #39: Oct 15, 2010 11:29:50 pm
      Made up to have played a part in your downfall cunthooks.
      KennyIsKing
      • Banned

• 4,628 posts | 129 
      Reply #40: Oct 15, 2010 11:34:34 pm
      My name is Michael Flannery.

I'm a class action lawyer in St. Louis, Missouri.

Here is my website: www.careydanis.com.

I am a life-long LFC supporter. Yes, I know who Shankly, Paisley and Dalglish are, and I can sing YNWA and I know that Smicer scored the second goal in Istanbul (and scored in the penalty shoot-out, as did Cisse).

I have been practicing in this area since 1994, and have litigated cases in state and federal court across the nation.

Seriously, if you want to talk about it, call me and let's talk.

YNWA and JFT96.

Cheers.

Michael J. Flannery, Esq.

And this after a few got in touch

Hi, everyone.

I've gotten several of your e-mails already. If you want to send more, fine, but I'd prefer that my work server not get overloaded. I know all of you are as fired up as me about this, but the five or six e-mails I've gotten thus far are more than enough and confirm for me that we're all ready to go. I would like to hear from someone who would have connections to Spirit of Shankly -- talking to them about all of this, and potential avenues of attack, makes good sense.

Also, so you know, I've begun to make inquiries about who LFC might retain to argue their case in Texas should the TRO issue ever actually get heard on October 25 (and events don't overtake us before then). I realize that it's been reported that LFC have already retained an attorney down there -- but I know some very good trial attorneys in that neck of the woods (Texas), so I'm going to proceed with my inquiries there -- never hurts to have more hands on deck.

I've only just begun to consider a potential case at the time of the writing of my earlier posts, and it is early A.M. here in the states, so please give me a couple of hours to put some additional meat on the bone, as one might say.

YNWA and JFT96

Michael J. Flannery, Esq.
      « Last Edit: Oct 15, 2010 11:50:59 pm by Reslivo »
      Passportboy
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,608 posts | 109 
      • Yippeeeee
      Reply #41: Oct 15, 2010 11:44:50 pm
      If we all file for £50 damanges it would bankrupt him. 15,000 law suits would be too much for any breif, and he would have to reply to every one individually if we were clever about it, then take us all to court. Even if we all lost it would cost him Millions!  

And that would send a message loud and clear to any people wanting to mess about with LFC

One thing, why is rat boy gillette so quiet?

KS67
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,475 posts | 463 
      Reply #42: Oct 15, 2010 11:47:58 pm
      One thing, why is rat boy gillette so quiet?

Same reason he has been so quiet for years, its hard to talk when you've a mouthful of Hicks and an arse-ful of people wanting their money back.
      RedRoy
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,483 posts | 88 
      Reply #43: Oct 15, 2010 11:50:43 pm
      Well in HR I was "Red Brigade",now I think "Scal-Qaeda" is right,I'm in.
      red_squirrel
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,131 posts | 15 
      Reply #44: Oct 15, 2010 11:52:01 pm
      Where is Hicks getting all his figures from?  They're not the figures I identify with in terms of player spending.  And he's taking advice from rednose.  WTF?  Fergie has not had a good word to say about Rafa since Rafa put an end to his 'ref in my pocket' days.  So now he thinks that because we finished second, we should have finished first and it was down to buying bad players.  It shows his lack of understanding of the game.  Anyone would guess that if you have a team that finished second, make it stronger so it finishes first.  They didn't want to do that and expected Rafa to operate in those constraints.

We have to remember that Hicks is used to doing PR.  This is just another example of that.  Playing the victim.  However, it's funny that he has a track record of messing up things wherever he goes, that much is evident.

Can't wait to see them in the high court.  I am pretty sure when Hicks argues an american magazine (approximately) valued our club at 500M (or whatever it was) the judges wig will fall off with laughter.
      CRK
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 13,604 posts | 361 
      • JFT96 YNWA
      Reply #45: Oct 15, 2010 11:53:27 pm
      I'm surprised you haven't seen the banners over the last 18 months, was seen a few times on the marches.

You know me, can't see past me nose. :D

That and Scouse Seperatists. Utter genius.

Quick Reply