Trending Topics

Next match: Betis v LFC [Friendly] Sat 27th Jul @ 12:30 am
      Acrisure Stadium

Today is the 16th of June and on this date LFC's match record is P0 W0 D0 L0

It's Time For The Players (and Manager) To Step Up

Read 2248 times
      Adryan
      • Forum Legend - Paisley
      • Started Topic

• 17,704 posts | 378 
      • Cut my veins open and I bleed Liverpool Red.
      It's Time For The Players (and Manager) To Step Up
      Oct 15, 2010 11:30:11 pm
      Okay, Hicks and Gillett are gone. Hell's over and a new breathe of fresh air has entered Anfield.

I know it's early since we've got our new owners like 6 hours ago and of course, they are yet to invest in the team but considering the ownership situation slightly more stable now, it's time for the players to show their stuff and bring out the results that are long overdue.

This does not mean Roy gets to just sit on his chair, rubbing his chin. He needs to get a grip and start delivering because he's testing my patience.

No more excuses! Beat the sh*te out of Everton and onwards, upwards and forwards from then on.
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,374 posts | 4973 
      Re: It's Time For The Players (and Manager) To Step Up
      Reply #1: Oct 15, 2010 11:36:23 pm
      If the players and manager were using the ownership issue as an excuse for the dire football and awful results this season then that excuse is gone.

I don't think Roy is the man to take us forward but let's at least see eke effort and quality football on Sunday.
      red_squirrel
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,131 posts | 15 
      Reply #2: Oct 15, 2010 11:43:01 pm
      Okay, Hicks and Gillett are gone. Hell's over and a new breathe of fresh air has entered Anfield.

I know it's early since we've got our new owners like 6 hours ago and of course, they are yet to invest in the team but considering the ownership situation slightly more stable now, it's time for the players to show their stuff and bring out the results that are long overdue.

This does not mean Roy gets to just sit on his chair, rubbing his chin. He needs to get a grip and start delivering because he's testing my patience.

No more excuses! Beat the sh*te out of Everton and onwards, upwards and forwards from then on.

Well said.  If we can't beat an under strength bitters then there is a problem with the managers tactics and motivation.
      Ally-LFC
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,625 posts | 113 
      • Walk on, walk on, with hope in your heart
      Reply #3: Oct 15, 2010 11:46:03 pm
      Defeat to Blackpool at home was rock bottom.

And sometimes you have to hit rock bottom before you can pick yourself back up and rebuild. Now with the takeover completed, the timing is perfect to turn things around.

I've always believed we have the team to challenge for top 4 this season.
      With virtually the same team 2 seasons ago we challenged for the title under Rafa.

Some players have looked dejected lately, hopefully only because of H&G so that will now be over.
      Players have a fresh start, and because it's so early in the season, the team has a fresh start to get a good run of games going and head towards the top 4.

The derby is a tricky way to start that off, but if we do win it, that would be F***ing perfect.

And i think we will.
      neilh2105
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,275 posts | 37 
      Reply #4: Oct 16, 2010 08:19:31 am
      While we are going through this rebirth process, should we have an elected cesarean and bite the bullet and get rid of Roy?
      I'm for givin everybody a fare crack and all that but lets be honest is Roy the man, and can we afford the time he needs?
      Billy1
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,638 posts | 1966 
      Reply #5: Oct 16, 2010 08:48:45 am
      While we are going through this rebirth process, should we have an elected cesarean and bite the bullet and get rid of Roy?
      I'm for givin everybody a fare crack and all that but lets be honest is Roy the man, and can we afford the time he needs?
      If we do not get a good result at Goodison Roy will be signing his own death warrant,we did not accept second rate owners and we will not accept a second rate manager.The players have got to step up now,they no longer have the excuse of being worried over off the field problems.I guess after this match we should have a good idea of how the rest of the season is going to shape up.Message to Roy surprise us all and get the REDS firing on all cylinders.
      CS-Bergen
      • Forum Markus Babbel

• 77 posts |
      Reply #6: Oct 16, 2010 09:36:00 am
      Guys, we won the legal battle whith the duo tw**s!

Now let's stand behind the boys again. It's a pity it's not a home game! But we can still focus on the football, the lfc reds again. In other words, life is worth living yet again.

One of my favourite Youttube clips this:
      http://www.youtube.com/user/LFCompilations2#p/a/f/1/BY2oX--Omj4

We can do this
       ... with belief
       ... with fire
       ... with passion

PL and Europe is ours for the taking again!
      Have FAITH!!
      skolRED
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,178 posts | 265 
      Reply #7: Oct 16, 2010 09:43:02 am
      Good post Adryan mate.
      It's right no more excuses, the team from now must go fight and improve position on the table !
      imo, if end of December we still below top five, then overhaul need and urgently.

Mr Bleeds
      • Banned

• 367 posts |
      • Here, have a beer.
      Reply #8: Oct 16, 2010 09:55:06 am
      Defeat to Blackpool at home was rock bottom.

And sometimes you have to hit rock bottom before you can pick yourself back up and rebuild. Now with the takeover completed, the timing is perfect to turn things around.

I've always believed we have the team to challenge for top 4 this season.
      With virtually the same team 2 seasons ago we challenged for the title under Rafa.

Some players have looked dejected lately, hopefully only because of H&G so that will now be over.
      Players have a fresh start, and because it's so early in the season, the team has a fresh start to get a good run of games going and head towards the top 4.

The derby is a tricky way to start that off, but if we do win it, that would be f**king perfect.

And I think we will.

Good post mate.

Just to add to the thread title re players and managers stepping up, I think it's equally important to be supportive of our team and our manager during this poor start to the season.
      trebor12
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,035 posts | 69 
      Reply #9: Oct 16, 2010 10:10:49 am
      I think the players and the manager will have to step it up a gear. If you read about John Henry and what he has done at the Red Sox then the manager or players may not be safe. Henry likes to surround his business with the best of the best in management, commercially and on the field. He does not know alot about football in this country while on the other hand he does have a vast knowledge about baseball in the US. So he will want the best people possible at Liverpool to overlook the project. So this will include the people on the pitch aswell so I dont think, and I,m not being bias or anything, that Roy Hodgson is going to last very long. John Henry wants to win and hes used to getting his way.
      If he adopts the same stratagy at Liverpool as he has done at the Red Sox then we can expect alot of new personel comming in. He says that he needs to listen and take advice on everything that is Liverpool FC. I,m expecting a fruitfull future under John Henry, we have no debt so all our revenue should go back into the club. When he decides what to do with the stadium, that will mean extra revenue aswell. I think the future looks rosey, like Christian Purslow said yesterday we have no debt, how many of the big clubs would love to be in our position.
      GERNS
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 12,388 posts | 1543 
      Reply #10: Oct 16, 2010 10:14:19 am
      I think with the new air of relief through out the club, things will improve on the pitch. But only if Roy has the integrity to play to our players strengths. If he is unable to see that Poulson has just not been up to the quality required, be it due to form, or lack of ability, if he persists with him, it is surely a sign he lacks the strength of character that is required to manage a team from Anfield. He will surely need to move on before the damage becomes irrepairble. We will be without Kuyyt and Agger on Sunday, but their positions we have cover for, so it's up to Roy to play to our strengths and not field a side sitting back and allowing teams to come at us. How many more opportunities does he need./
      *LFC 4EVA*
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 805 posts |
      • *LFC 4LIFE*
      Reply #11: Oct 16, 2010 10:55:40 am
      Guys, we won the legal battle whith the duo tw**s!

Now let's stand behind the boys again. It's a pity it's not a home game! But we can still focus on the football, the lfc reds again. In other words, life is worth living yet again.

One of my favourite Youttube clips this:
      http://www.youtube.com/user/LFCompilations2#p/a/f/1/BY2oX--Omj4

We can do this
       ... with belief
       ... with fire
       ... with passion

PL and Europe is ours for the taking again!
      Have FAITH!!

fo*king gr8 clip m8 they should show that to the lads in the dressing room ,it seems like ages since the atmoshere was like that YNWA
      wallbanger
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,181 posts |
      Reply #12: Oct 16, 2010 11:57:32 am
      act like professionals now. the premier league is a culture of non accounability to many 100000 pound players who are passengers week in week out. should have culture like the national hockey league. if a player plays bad he gets less ice time. if it goes from bad to worse he gets sent to the minors. that means riding the buses all over north america  no fun.
      it appears to me football seems to low priority in there life the way they play. no excuses fed hearing them 
      Johncolf
      • Forum Billy Liddell

• 564 posts |
      Reply #13: Oct 16, 2010 12:05:37 pm
      No excuses as of now ,hope the players have seen how Broughton/Purslow/ayres handled things this week ((never thought I'd utter them words )just reminded me how things were always done at this club ,I think they owe us one for the Blackpool disaster
      macca8
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 5,258 posts | 83 
      • If you can't love us, then fear us!
      Reply #14: Oct 16, 2010 12:47:58 pm
      Clowns has left the building, so no more f**king excuses and start playing that you deserve a shot at winning the title. We the fans has been very passionate about the club right from the very beginning of the crisis and yet not being paid for our loyalty and affection, but you lads played with no passion and desire. Change that attitude quickly and start climbing out of that relegation area. Always know that we are with you through thick or thin.

P/S: Hodgson, you better play your card right or else facing risk of getting ousted along with H&G.
      racerx34
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 33,684 posts | 3905 
      • THE SALT IN THE SOUP
      Reply #15: Oct 16, 2010 12:53:53 pm
      Playing for your futures now lads. So fingers out and prove your worth.
      RedLFCBlood
      Reply #16: Oct 16, 2010 01:07:01 pm
      Adryan
      • Forum Legend - Paisley
      • Started Topic

• 17,704 posts | 378 
      • Cut my veins open and I bleed Liverpool Red.
      Reply #17: Oct 16, 2010 01:26:02 pm

Am tempted to put the gifs of Gerrard, Torres and Rafa dancing now ;)
      KennyIsKing
      • Banned

• 4,628 posts | 129 
      Reply #18: Oct 16, 2010 01:29:56 pm
      The only step up we need is the one that brings the midfield players closer to the striker, and also the defenders instead of playing the whole game on their own 18 yard line.

Play a compact game further up the field and we win or at least give a very good account of ourselves.

Play woys way, and we get humiliated.

Again.

Quick Reply