Trending Topics

Next match: v [] Thu 1st Jan @ 1:00 am

Today is the 1st of June and on this date LFC's match record is P6 W4 D2 L0

Fans in Doubt

Read 3466 times
      Freeman
      • On Trial

• 3 posts |
      Re: Fans in Doubt
      Reply #23: Oct 16, 2010 10:12:35 pm
      I think its just being cautious, after going through the H&G era it will take a little time for a lot of people to give NESV a chance and after they see how well NESV handle the club and suppoters i think all will be okay
      AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,886 posts | 6818 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone
      Reply #24: Oct 16, 2010 11:09:41 pm
      One thing NESV would have learned from the whole H & G debacle is that if they F**k with us there will be hell to pay. We'll be all over them like a rash.

They won't want their name tarnished the way H and G have, hopefully they'll do everything in their power to make us a Super Power again. Let's just give them a chance.
      RedRoy
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,483 posts | 88 
      Reply #25: Oct 16, 2010 11:24:34 pm
      I think I am a bit more optimistic towards the new owners.  I think you would need to be a fan of Baseball to really understand how big of a deal it was for the Red Sox to win the World Series.  Yes the Players and coaches were the ones who made it possible, but it really was an organizational win from the Owner, the Board, front office and down to the players on the field.

Henry really brought a new attitude to the Red Sox and it was that attitude which really propelled the Sox.  Hicks and Gillette owned teams but treated it as a business and had no idea what it means to support a team or make them a champion. 

I'm with you Brother.His whole attitude is different to the previous gobshites.No escallated promises,just a commitment to win.That will do for me.American isn't bad,just needs to be monitored.
      CRK
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 13,604 posts | 361 
      • JFT96 YNWA
      Reply #26: Oct 17, 2010 12:21:16 am
      Cautious optimism is the general feeling I've witnessed since the NESV takeover, and who could blame anyone for that? The past 3 years have been woeful, witnessing the slow death of our club. The very fact that we're out the other side of this experience is reason enough to celebrate. 

Going forwards, the way I see it, no-one would dare risk trying to F**k with Liverpool FC fans ever again. Anyone who knows who we are will have witnessed our 'Internet Terrorists' at work, as Tom Hicks so beautifully put it. Who'd want to be up against that, tarnishing their image for the rest of their lives?

I realise it's only a small example, but the very fact that Henry declined to comment on what he thought of Tom Hicks already shows he's a lot more switched on than our previous 'custodians.' He's not promising anything, because he knows he will be held to account if it doesn't happen. But the very fact he's guaranteed there's no Leveraged Buy Out involved in the purchase of the club gives me a lot of confidence.

With regards to funding the stadium, I'll be very surprised if they fund it entirely from their own pockets. A loan is most likely, which sounds bad but it's not the same as the previous regimes shenanigans. Hicks & Gillett took out a loan for the stadium, which disappeared into thin air. If NESV were to take out a loan and actually use it build a stadium, or even redevelop Anfield, then we have equity and a new stable revenue stream to pay that loan off in a set amount of time with no other huge debts on the club. It's worked for Arsenal, and I have no doubt it would be fine for us too.

We're in our second day of their ownership. The last regime that basically threatened to take our club from us has gone. They lied from the very beginning. We all bought into those lies. And it took us a while to get on to them and act against them. We have the benefit of hindsight these days. And John W Henry knows this. He's not promising us the world because he doesn't know what he can give us. But if he is saying that all acquisition debt is being wiped out and that he is not loading their debt on the club, I'm fairly sure he's telling the truth.

racerx34
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 33,665 posts | 3899 
      • THE SALT IN THE SOUP
      Reply #27: Oct 17, 2010 01:09:15 am
      Ill tell you what I loved today. It followed on from small isolated pockets yesterday, but today I could not help but notice how many Liverpool fans had their gear on them today. Be it jersies, jackets or jumpers. One or two SC merchandise, but mostly old school kit. Loved it. The pride is back in the jersey. The jokes have stopped. We are back. Work still to be done, but now we mean business
      Singh_YNWA
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,071 posts |
      Reply #28: Oct 17, 2010 01:13:56 am
      Doubters - You shall be thanking this ownership in 2014 when the new rule comes in power.. That is when City Chelsea will be fu**ed..
      Rush
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,548 posts | 1545 
      • "If you are second, you are nothing."
      Reply #29: Oct 17, 2010 01:28:52 am
      Doubters - You shall be thanking this ownership in 2014 when the new rule comes in power.. That is when City Chelsea will be fu**ed..
      Why? What have NESV got to do with the likes of man city and chelsesa?

andylfcynwa
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,367 posts | 1638 
      Reply #30: Oct 17, 2010 01:32:20 am
      While we are all elated over getting rid of the other two it is understandable we have cautious optimism.
       Now we have been been badly betrayed and it will take a lot of healing , all we ask is speak the truth don't alienate  us and do your best for us , sometimes someones best is not good enough but you can ask no more than to give your best, if you do that and be honest with us from the off then there will be no doubt.
      Roddenberry
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 16,568 posts | 1876 
      Reply #31: Oct 17, 2010 01:35:47 am
      Although we don't like not being successful, all we can ask at present is honesty & the drive to push the club in the right direction.  I don't want a sugar daddy though, I just want us to be run well & be able to spend a reasonable budget without going broke.  Not too much to ask.  Anyone expecting  these guys to bankroll us though, maybe seriously deluded.
      Singh_YNWA
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,071 posts |
      Reply #32: Oct 17, 2010 01:41:54 am
      Why? What have NESV got to do with the likes of man city and chelsesa?

Nothing.

The new rule which is to be introduced.... you cant spend money on new players if u make a loss.. so if a suger daddy i.e. city guy is ok to spend millons here and there and the club makes 120 mil in loss.. they wouldnt be able to buy players for the forthcoming window and uefa trying to bring a similar law out where u cant enter european football competitions if u make a loss... something like that

so if we stablised.. things will be brighter in the future..
      lfcgirl9
      • Forum Markus Babbel

• 74 posts |
      • In King Kenny We Trust.
      Reply #33: Oct 17, 2010 01:52:39 am
      We're going to be cautious someone buying our club, massive part of alota people's lifes. I never wanted a chelsea/mancity owner, just someone we can trust ie. money doesn't dissapear, no long list of broken promises, understands us and our ways. We've been bitten once, I don't wanna be thinking of the owers for much longer but for a while it's going to happen.

So far, so good though. 
      ashuras
      • Forum Didi Hamann

• 287 posts |
      Reply #34: Oct 17, 2010 06:23:36 am
      The in doubt thing should not lie on the owners now, but on our manager.. whether our manager can bring us to a higher level.. this is the part very in doubt..
      CS-Bergen
      • Forum Markus Babbel

• 77 posts |
      Reply #35: Oct 17, 2010 08:19:13 am
      Sorry if this has been posted before, but here our new owners explains the business side of the aquisition. Nothing wrong in this as far as I see it:
      http://www.bostonherald.com/sports/soccer/general/view/20101017sox_brand_to_expand_globally_uk_soccer_team_buy_to_be_entree_into_europe/

Billy1
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,638 posts | 1966 
      Reply #36: Oct 17, 2010 08:41:02 am
       Like any new player or manager at L.F.C. we always give them a chance to prove they are capable of doing a good job,if it proves they are incapable then they will be told as only we supporters know how.Even Hicks and Gillett were given a chance till they proved they were not capable of providing what they had promised-and they were soon found out.As for me NESV have my full backing till they cannot do the job we expect from our owners.
      Rush
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,548 posts | 1545 
      • "If you are second, you are nothing."
      Reply #37: Oct 17, 2010 08:59:43 am
      Nothing.

The new rule which is to be introduced.... you cant spend money on new players if u make a loss.. so if a suger daddy i.e. city guy is ok to spend millons here and there and the club makes 120 mil in loss.. they wouldnt be able to buy players for the forthcoming window and uefa trying to bring a similar law out where u cant enter european football competitions if u make a loss... something like that

so if we stablised.. things will be brighter in the future..
      That is a brilliant ruling

Thanks for the heads up

Quick Reply