Trending Topics

Next match: Villa v LFC [Premier League] Mon 13th May @ 8:00 pm
      Villa Park

Today is the 8th of May and on this date LFC's match record is P20 W12 D4 L4

LFC Reds Poll

Q. Vote for your man of the match.

Jamie Carragher
      (10.9%)
      Paul Konchesky
      (5%)
      Steven Gerrard
      (77.3%)
      Maxi Rodriguez
      (6.7%)

Everton 2:0 Liverpool - In game & post match disgust

Read 82747 times
      Billy1
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,638 posts | 1966 
      Re: Everton 2:0 Liverpool - In game & post match disgust
      Reply #1058: Oct 18, 2010 08:16:56 am
       And most REDS fans refuse to sit and listen to that sh*t,Roy had better realise that we do know a little bit about football and will not be bamboozled with bullshit.
      dizzy141
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 837 posts | 27 
      Reply #1059: Oct 18, 2010 08:53:57 am
      What a F***ing disappointment I thought this would be the day after all the bullshit with the old yank fucks but instead we got the same old boring unimaginative football yesterday, it is the worst day that I have ever witnessed in my 23 years of supporting Liverpool football club. IMO our formation is utter sh*te it does not F***ing work, Rafa had it working for one season but once teams figured out how to play the formation it has bossed us off the field we have no width, no attack, Gerrard and Torres both get marked out of the game and have to drop deeper and deeper to get any service. Torres needs someone around him to either draw defenders away from him or if he has defenders on him then he can flick passes on to someone else and keep defenses guessing but instead he gets the ball and has to try take four defenders on. Yesterday’s game is another example of how we were completely bossed out of the game, Yakubu did give our defense a hard time but in the EPL that will happen I can’t fault the defense too much I though Carra worked his ass off trying to contain Cahill. Lucas got outmuscled every time they had the ball they shrugged him off it even lead to the first goal as a holding midfielder your job is to break up play before it gets to the defense but he did not do that at all which kept putting the defense on the back foot. Merelies I‘m not too sure what his job was but he seemed to be running around like a headless chicken. Maxi who? Did F**k all didn’t do anything in attack or help in defense!!!!! Gerrard playing in the hole could not do much, no service no help from midfield until the second half when Cole moved into the hole then Gerrard had to pick up in midfield and started giving to everyone else, that is what useless Lucas should have been doing for Gerrard but cant cause he is F***ing sh*te!!Cole playing out of position didn’t look comfortable looked better in the hole, jury is still out on Cole whether he will fit in or not. It’s not going to get any easier the games we have coming up are all going to be tough EPL and Europe the up side is we can’t get any worse!!!
      KING ROBBIE 9
      • Forum David Johnson

• 243 posts |
      Reply #1060: Oct 18, 2010 08:56:42 am
      Until yesterday i was sitting on the fence regarding Woy,but after yesterdays shambles i fell off.HE HAS TO GO AND NOW!!!
      For a team that i love and live for this is breaking my heart..on yesterdays performance - NO HEART - NO FIGHT - NO PRIDE - NO SYSTEM - NO IDEA -

Lucas (useless as i call him) over Jay Spearing ? no way pedro
      Lucas - half hearted attempts at tackles,distribution shocking,no fight
      Maxi - too narrow
      Torres - how can you play an unfit player up front on his own?
      Konchesky - out of his depths at lfc

How can we see this but the manager can't? just standing there staring at the grass or rubbing his lips waiting for an idea to pop into his head rather than making a decision when its needed..I'm sorry Woy your time is up!!!
      dizzy141
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 837 posts | 27 
      Reply #1061: Oct 18, 2010 09:01:48 am
      Woy has no F***ing passion! He seems so F***ing blasé about Liverpool!!!
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,291 posts | 4938 
      Reply #1062: Oct 18, 2010 09:14:23 am
      And most REDS fans refuse to sit and listen to that sh*t,Roy had better realise that we do know a little bit about football and will not be bamboozled with bullshit.

He is trying to treat us like idiots and blame everyone but himself. We are not idiots and we can see through him trying to deflect the blame from himself.
      kb2x
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,841 posts | 215 
      • #WeComeNotToPlay
      Reply #1063: Oct 18, 2010 09:20:45 am
      My MOM was Kyrgiakos - had a sterling game.
      kb2x
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,841 posts | 215 
      • #WeComeNotToPlay
      Reply #1064: Oct 18, 2010 09:21:20 am
      Gerrard was utter sh*t - so cant understand where all the votes have come from.
      MIRO
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,989 posts | 3124 
      • Trust The Universe
      Reply #1065: Oct 18, 2010 09:29:36 am

Correct Billy.
      Or as the Telegraph commented...

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/football/competitions/premier-league/7943478/Everton-2-Liverpool-0-match-report.html

The January transfer-window cavalry is a long way off but Liverpool must start planning. Pepe Reina, Jamie Carragher, Steven Gerrard and Fernando Torres need proper support. At least four of Roy Hodgson’s starting XI, Paul Konchesky, Sotirios Kyrgiakos, Lucas and Maxi, simply do not deserve to wear the famous shirt.

Liverpool’s new owner, John W Henry, once spent $50 million on a pitcher for the Boston Red Sox and he needs to lavish a similar sum on a striker, a winger, a holding midfielder and a left-back. Otherwise his investment will atrophy.

Henry met Hodgson after the match and the manager’s position remains safe, although comments such as

“I refuse to accept we were outplayed or in any way inferior’’

are insulting to the eyesight of his new employer and to the Liverpool fans forced to endure this derby humiliation.

Very Insulting.
      fraggle786
      • Forum John Toshack

• 271 posts | 15 
      Reply #1066: Oct 18, 2010 09:50:50 am
      What a mess. Didn't post yesterday cause i was too upset.

Missed the first half an hour of the game but by all accounts didn't miss much.

Heres what i made of the game and unfortunately i don't think i watched the same game woy described. For me there was nothing to smile about yesterday. No one showed any paasion, what i expect to see in a derby match is lots of challenges that are close to the edge of fair play. Passion, pride was evident in the way the players played but not in those who were wearing red.
      Joe Cole didnt once miss out the first defender with his crosses, maxi was meant to be playing on the right wing but instead sat in the middle of the park making things very narrow. Jamie, isnt anything other then a centre back, so playing him as a right back, wtf?? he cant cross a ball, he cant run past defenders, he cant dribble................. .. why didnt he play Kelly? Every time i've seen kelly play, hes aquitted himself well. Far better option then carra as a right back. For parts of the game gerrad tried, for other parts just looked disinterested. Not one player had a good game, no one got stuck in, no one showed composure on the ball, no one treid something differant, no movement off the ball, no width, no crossing ability (even gerrads corners were piss poor), no heart, no desire etc etc etc.

On the whole Torres debate, give the guy a break. As someone mentioned above he is not the white emile heskey that woy wants him to play like. Any striker can only do so much on his own, for me yesterday he got absolutely no decent service what so ever. There is only so much he can do on his own. Every time the ball goes near him he is closed down by at least 2 defenders, yesterady when he got the ball there was very little support arounbd him unlike with everton. Everytime yakubu got the ball he had options around him, people making forward runs. All our players play sideways and back, no forward running to try and get behind the defence.

What game were you watching mr hodgson?
      red_squirrel
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,131 posts | 15 
      Reply #1067: Oct 18, 2010 12:08:01 pm
      I fear for us the longer we stick with Roy.  He is clearly trying to force a style on some players that is not their natural game.  Rafa was SLATED for playing Kuyt as a right sided attacker (not a winger, but he did provide width and support to the striker).  Roy is doing far worse.  He is providing very limited service to Torres and seeing him as an 'old fashioned' striker like Zamora or Heskey.  The media, are saying, nothing.

waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,586 posts | 7140 
      Reply #1068: Oct 18, 2010 12:40:54 pm
      Were all starting to sound like a broken record its very depressing because this thread is the same as the Blackpool games one and others. Lifeless no passion no shots on goal FFS and then the Manager coming out with deluded comments.Blackburn next what happens if we dont beat them more of the same Im afraid. Three years of very negative ownership means for me we need a MASSIVE feel good factor around the club.The new owners could have a Billion to spend but it will no thelp us against Blackburn bringing Kenny back would. The crowd for one would really focus on the team it would be just the lift we needed.
      macca8
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 5,258 posts | 83 
      • If you can't love us, then fear us!
      Reply #1069: Oct 18, 2010 01:01:24 pm
      If they continue to play like this or even worse Roy is still our manager, I'll out of word to describe the s**tness we're in right now!
      LFCBAFC
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,539 posts | 30 
      • Scousers rule the country!
      Reply #1070: Oct 18, 2010 01:04:21 pm
      I know the whole squad played terrible but howcome Maxi is up there for man of the match?
      racerx34
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 33,624 posts | 3855 
      • THE SALT IN THE SOUP
      Reply #1071: Oct 18, 2010 01:18:23 pm

Liverpool’s new owner, John W Henry, once spent $50 million on a pitcher for the Boston Red Sox and he needs to lavish a similar sum on a striker, a winger, a holding midfielder and a left-back. Otherwise his investment will atrophy.

Daisuke Matsuzaka: Struggling for form this year and derailing the Red Sox' season. Has faded in games and exposing the Sox' bull pen. Hope Henry spends better with us actually
      wallbanger
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,181 posts |
      Reply #1072: Oct 18, 2010 01:19:27 pm
      think we have not reached the low point yet unfortunately no team spirit we are a broken team. major retooling needed. think we have to do more what wenger does analize everything younger players needed. throw out tired players who are picked because of last years form go on present form. torres up front on his own doesnt work.   
      karlp606
      • Forum David Johnson

• 222 posts |
      Reply #1073: Oct 18, 2010 01:19:44 pm
      We lacked everything until the 85th minute when suddenly Torres showed a shadow of his former self.
      I think its time to bite the bullet with Roy its just not gonna work, this reminds me of the Robbie Keane situation but on a grander scale, it was just never meant to be. I think let Roy go while he still has some respect and dignity.
      Martin O'Neil anyone?
      Scott Barton
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,552 posts |
      Reply #1074: Oct 18, 2010 02:05:45 pm

Say what you want, I woke up this morning still pissed off with it. I almost convinced myself we would be starting the season properly yesterday, to be Gerrard and carragher were the only ones who showed any passion and gave a sh*t. Hodgson doesn’t look like he can think outside the box and change things round, F***ing 19th.
      Neitsab
      • Forum Kevin Keegan

• 333 posts |
      Reply #1075: Oct 18, 2010 02:39:24 pm
      Everton had the opportunity to scored two goals and they scored both. Then they defended properly. It would have been the best week for long with a victory in the derby, added to the sale, but today Liverpool is still in a relegable position. Unfortunately.
      kelvo
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,207 posts | 52 
      Reply #1076: Oct 18, 2010 05:53:43 pm
      Im still tamping after yesterday, the performance was bad enough but the site of Hodgson smiling at the end while shaking Moyes's hand and the comments in the Post match interview just pushed me way over the edge.

We have no passion, are low on confidence and seem clueless when we do get possession.

Yes, I except it takes time when a new manager comes in and tries to stamp is style on the team but there are no excuses for the lack of fight and determination. For me only Meireles and Sotis came through yesterday, the rest were a disgrace to the shirt.

I know Carra isnt the defender he was maybe 3 years ago but he is still the main man at organising the defence, playing him at right back when we had Kelly on the bench was a shocking decision. Maxi has been sh*t this season and showed very little determination or gulie in any of the games hes played so surely with it being a derby Jova should have started. Ok he hasnt set the team alight but he gives 110% and will fight for the team.

We are staring into a black hole and Roy isnt the man to get us out of it!

Bold decisions must be made now otherwise it will be too late to turn this shocking start around.
      Pepe Reina
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,480 posts | 14 
      Reply #1077: Oct 18, 2010 06:09:37 pm
      Hodgson has take his share of the blame as well. He can't wash his hands of this. However, it's not his fault that somany of this squad simply aren't good enough for the club. Shankly, Paisley, Fagan, Dalglish - they'd all struggle to get these players performing because they're overrated, overpaid sh*t houses. Difference with the four greats I mentioned, they'd probably change it if things weren't going right. Hodgson doesn't. He persists with tactics that aren't working. They didn't work last year, they're not working this year so for fucks sake change it.

I dont agree with this. Hodgson has to take most of the blame for this. Out of the 11 players and 3 subs that played and came on, 10 have played under Rafa and I think most of them played in the match last season. It's Roy fault that he can't motivate them for a derby, Rafa managed to motivate them same players twice last season.  It's Roy's fault that he's making the great players look average and it's Roy's fault that we are shambles and look 100x worse than last season.

Spot on with the rest though.
      AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,824 posts | 6771 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone
      Reply #1078: Oct 18, 2010 09:18:40 pm
      Still cant bring myself to reading the paper, watching any sports reports or the Premier League Highlights show.

Came in here only to say F**k!
      Brian78
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,306 posts | 2847 
      • A Liverbird upon my chest
      Reply #1079: Oct 18, 2010 09:25:49 pm
      Still cant bring myself to reading the paper, watching any sports reports or the Premier League Highlights show.

Came in here only to say F**k!

Papers are fine mate seem oblivious to the fact that we are joint bottom with 1 win in 8 league games. Ate the arse of us for dropping points under Rafa when were top 2 funny isnt it
      AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,824 posts | 6771 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone
      Reply #1080: Oct 18, 2010 10:13:39 pm
      Papers are fine mate seem oblivious to the fact that we are joint bottom with 1 win in 8 league games. Ate the arse of us for dropping points under Rafa when were top 2 funny isnt it

I'm just glad I don't have access to the English papers.

With the Aussie papers, it'll be one article only in the whole paper but I just dread reading the headline.

Quick Reply