Trending Topics

Next match: Betis v LFC [Friendly] Sat 27th Jul @ 12:30 am
      Acrisure Stadium

Today is the 16th of June and on this date LFC's match record is P0 W0 D0 L0

New Boot Room Restaurant

Read 12488 times
      AJ
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish
      • Started Topic

• 6,445 posts | 124 
      • Boom!
      New Boot Room Restaurant
      Oct 18, 2010 01:46:57 pm
      Quote from: LFC.TV

Book match days in the Boot Room

Anfield's brand new Boot Room restaurant is now open - and the great news for all Kopites is that it will also be open on match days.

So if you fancy watching the Reds at Anfield after enjoying a three-course meal then make sure you book one of our brand new match-day packages and sample the great menu on offer at this new family-friendly restaurant.

As well as a meal in the Boot Room restaurant - with its entrance ideally located by the Shankly statue - and a match ticket in the Upper Anfield Road Stand, you'll also receive a match programme, tea/coffee and refreshments after the final whistle and be given the opportunity to visit the club museum as you make your way to the restaurant.

With a children's menu available and a former player in attendance, why not be among the first to sample the brand new Anfield matchday experience in our Boot Room restaurant by booking your places now for the Barclays Premier League game with Blackburn on October 24.

With prices just £130 for adults and £50 for children for this opening day, spaces are sure to be limited, so book now by clicking here>>

Alternatively telephone 0151 263 9199 or email the Corporate Sales team for more information at hospitality@liverpoolfc.tv.

Gotta hand it to them the timing is spot on! I'm not too sure if this would have been ready so soon had we not been sold to NESVA last week, but @ £130 a pop I can't see it becoming that busy on match day!

Your thoughts please guys?

Edit: Just realised it's £130 for opening day only! £178.72 adult for the Chavs game  :o
      « Last Edit: Oct 18, 2010 01:53:13 pm by AJ »
      LFC-LCFC
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,766 posts | 128 
      • Adopted Scouser
      Re: New Boot Room Restaurant
      Reply #1: Oct 18, 2010 01:49:34 pm
      You couldn't pay me to sit in the Upper Annie Road.
      vitez
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,701 posts | 156 
      Reply #2: Oct 18, 2010 08:18:35 pm
      It's been open for a few weeks now.
      kelvo
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,207 posts | 52 
      Reply #3: Oct 18, 2010 08:23:04 pm
      Not for me, going to the game means curry and chips and a few beers pre/post match in the boozer!

Wouldnt want it any other way  ;)
      bigvYNWA
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,795 posts | 994 
      Reply #4: Oct 18, 2010 08:29:11 pm
      Frankly I find the fact they are using the boot room idea as a restaurant saddening. The boot room should be what it was, aka that legendary place we all know of. I guess that's corporate greed, and using known names to make a profit. May be a good money spinner, but I just find it sad. I want the real boot room back.

Has been open for a couple weeks now though right? Read about it a while back on the offal.
      RedPuppy
      • Still European.
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 19,270 posts | 2859 
      • Parum Rutilus Canis: Illegitimi non carborundum
      Reply #5: Oct 18, 2010 10:14:28 pm

http://www.liverpoolfc.tv/news/latest-news/photos-new-boot-room-restaurant
      http://www.liverpoolfc.tv/news/latest-news/restaurant-to-open-at-anfield

Restaurant to open at Anfield

While football fans around the country have to be content with Bovril and a pie, Kopites will soon be enjoying a whole new culinary experience when the club opens a family-friendly restaurant at Anfield.
      The Boot Room Sports Cafe will serve top quality steaks, salads, pasta, pizza and much more at competitive prices from 11am until 11pm seven days a week.

Diners will also be able to enjoy hot and cold drinks, cocktails and big-screen TVs when the restaurant opens for business above the club shop on October 14.

Head chef Chris McDowell has been signed from Gusto on the Albert Dock - but kids are allowed to snub our talented cook and prepare their own pizza!

There will be lots more to keep children entertained, including the chance to visit a state-of-the-art ice-cream machine

Vegetarians are also well catered for - and we're happy to accommodate all other dietary needs as well as parties.

To make things even easier, the club is providing secure parking outside the Centenary Stand.

Christian Grall, Executive Head Chef at LFC, said: "The Boot Room restaurant will provide the local community and visitors to the stadium with a unique, fun and family-orientated experience.

"The food and service will be of the highest standards with some unique twists that will hopefully add a little theatre to guests' dining experience."

Christian has worked at the club for 10 years and has always been keen to open a restaurant within the stadium.

He added: "There has long been a demand from fans for us to provide a restaurant facility open outside of match days at the ground and along with my newly recruited team I am very excited about the upcoming opening."

The Boot Room Sports Cafe can meet the demand for up to 230 diners, so booking isn't essential.

However, we highly recommend you do so during our opening week due to the anticipated interest.

Online booking will soon be up and running but in the meantime call 0151 906 1892 to secure a table.

Stay logged on to Liverpoolfc.tv for the full Boot Room Sports Cafe menu
      AJ
      • Started Topic

• 6,445 posts | 124 
      • Boom!
      Reply #6: Oct 19, 2010 07:40:12 am
      It looks kind of smart actually but I agree that the Boot Room should be kept as the legendary unison of managers, maybe the reason are performances have been lacking this past year or so are because this sacred place has been disturbed to line the corporate pockets, just an opinion!
      barrymanulow
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,014 posts | -14 
      Reply #7: Oct 19, 2010 07:59:35 am
      there has to be somewhere posh for the corporates to dine when they come to town. 
      racerx34
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 33,684 posts | 3904 
      • THE SALT IN THE SOUP
      Reply #8: Oct 19, 2010 09:58:34 am
      Looks nice for the corporates, but rather than boot room they should just call it the food room... Oh dear.

I'll get my coat
      TKIDLLTK

• 8,362 posts | 158 
      Reply #9: Oct 19, 2010 10:44:36 am
      @ £130 a pop I can't see it becoming that busy on match day!

Edit: Just realised it's £130 for opening day only! £178.72 adult for the Chavs game  :o

It is about maximising match-day revenue, a way of closing the £60m annual gap on Utd and Arsenal.  I don't think you'll find too many scousers in there, but as part of a day-trip, I am sure it would be pretty nice.  It certainly will be packed on a match-day, there will be over 40,000 people there, they can seat 230 at a time... if they have two sittings on a match-day, that is less than 500 people.  At £130 a head, it'll generate around £60,000 of revenue on match-days, that is around £1.5 million a year (obviously that is just takings, not taking costs into account).  It'll make money during the week as well with people on the stadium tours etc.

Not sure they needed to call it the Boot Room... it doesn't matter what they called it it'd still be packed.  Love the couple of boots there though.
      TKIDLLTK

• 8,362 posts | 158 
      Reply #10: Oct 19, 2010 10:44:44 am
      I hope NESV don't try to follow our traditions and appoint the next manager from the Boot Room...
      Eem

• 6,018 posts | 89 
      Reply #11: Oct 19, 2010 11:02:04 am
      A bloke outside Anfield on Saturday told me that "the grub is cracker". He looked like he enjoys his grub.
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      • TU TA LOUCO? FILHO DA PUTA!
      Reply #12: Oct 19, 2010 12:07:42 pm
      I like it though. 130 quid for a tour, 3 courses, a ticket, and consistent refreshments isn't too bad? I suppose i'm not weighing in how much things cost here and using a direct conversion rate to $AUD.

At least it isn't called 'Woy's Kitchen' or something ;D
      waltonl4
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 37,791 posts | 7190 
      Reply #13: Oct 19, 2010 12:18:00 pm
      I'm sure Shankly would have been very impressed indeed.
      KS67
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,475 posts | 463 
      Reply #14: Oct 19, 2010 12:27:42 pm
      Am I missing something but it says located next to the Shankly statue... and the tickets Upper Annie Road. That means the corporate types will have to walk outside and round to the Upper Annie. Outside! With the fans?! How will they cope?

How they have the old WWII tunnel going under the pitch back up and running.

F***ing has to be done this corporate stuff but its sh*t taking tickets from proper fans.
      « Last Edit: Oct 19, 2010 12:35:01 pm by KS67 »
      TKIDLLTK

• 8,362 posts | 158 
      Reply #15: Oct 19, 2010 12:30:58 pm
      This is not aimed at the corporates.  It is for the day-trippers, one-match tickets.  It took me a while to find out, but I found out.
      keithlfc
      • Forum John Toshack

• 281 posts |
      Reply #16: Oct 19, 2010 12:33:30 pm
      This is everything i F***ing hate about footy now, £170!! wouldnt go if it was a F***ing tenner.
      waltonl4
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 37,791 posts | 7190 
      Reply #17: Oct 19, 2010 12:39:12 pm
      I used to stand on the Kop for less than a pound.Its true that I am not needed or wanted at the club I walk to the ground buy a programme and walk home. They want daytrippers to come spend money in the shop go to the restaurants and then go back to the shop after the match. But if we were to get relegated who would it be going to the match then.Its only a gripe I realise this is modern football and we are no worse or better than other clubs but as for it being a working mans game forget it.When I was a kid me dad would make me duck down and squeeze me through the turnstile with him,might give that a go.
      TKIDLLTK

• 8,362 posts | 158 
      Reply #18: Oct 19, 2010 12:39:39 pm
      This is everything I f**king hate about footy now, £170!! wouldnt go if it was a f**king tenner.

so don't go...

and I think 'hate' is a strong word to use about a competitively priced cafe with a state-of-the-art ice-cream machine...
      AJ
      • Started Topic

• 6,445 posts | 124 
      • Boom!
      Reply #19: Oct 19, 2010 01:29:03 pm
      130 British pounds = 208.25 Australian dollars
      AJ
      • Started Topic

• 6,445 posts | 124 
      • Boom!
      Reply #20: Oct 19, 2010 01:37:32 pm
      This is everything I f**king hate about footy now, £170!! wouldn't go if it was a f**king tenner.

I would! the missus actually took me for the tour last year for me bday and we had a 3 course meal in a box, stadium tour and a Q&A with Jan Molby AND souvenir glasses! I know it probably cost a lot of money but we both really enjoyed it and you only need to do it once.  I suppose £130 is not too bad then actually if it's part of the standard tour package AND a match ticket.

so don't go...

and I think 'hate' is a strong word to use about a competitively priced cafe with a state-of-the-art ice-cream machine...

Well said!
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      Reply #21: Oct 19, 2010 01:44:52 pm
      130 British pounds = 208.25 Australian dollars

Yeah, which is the same here but you don't get a three course meal + a tour of the club. It's finger food, refreshments and a ticket - i can get that for about $20 each game.
      AJ
      • Started Topic

• 6,445 posts | 124 
      • Boom!
      Reply #22: Oct 19, 2010 01:46:17 pm
      Yeah, which is the same here but you don't get a three course meal + a tour of the club. It's finger food, refreshments and a ticket - I can get that for about $20 each game.

Where is oz are you then chap?
      LFCBAFC
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,539 posts | 30 
      • Scousers rule the country!
      Reply #23: Oct 19, 2010 01:47:23 pm
      Bring back the Pie and chips!!!
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      Reply #24: Oct 19, 2010 02:08:52 pm
      Where is oz are you then chap?

Sydney, mate. The most expensive place in the country for goods and services :(
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,522 posts | 8686 
      Reply #25: Oct 19, 2010 04:20:28 pm
      so don't go...

Hate Modern Football!!
      TKIDLLTK

• 8,362 posts | 158 
      Reply #26: Oct 19, 2010 05:35:21 pm

Oh... modern footballs... yeah, those jabalanis were crap
      racerx34
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 33,684 posts | 3904 
      • THE SALT IN THE SOUP
      Reply #27: Oct 19, 2010 05:39:30 pm
      I like it though. 130 quid for a tour, 3 courses, a ticket, and consistent refreshments isn't too bad? I suppose i'm not weighing in how much things cost here and using a direct conversion rate to $AUD.

At least it isn't called 'Woy's Kitchen' or something ;D

Really... Well I completely misinterpreted what it was so.

So it's basically a delux all inclusive day tripper deal, which involves eating dinner at said restaurant.

Still think the name is shameful though.
      reddebs
      • "LFC Hipster"
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,980 posts | 2264 
      Reply #28: Oct 19, 2010 05:49:26 pm
      I don't think that's a bad deal at all relatively speaking.

Two years ago for my daughters 21st she and a mate went to Hillsborough (she's a Wednesday fan) on a similar deal.  3 course meal and match ticket but no stadium tour.  They paid £95 each.
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      Reply #29: Oct 19, 2010 05:59:53 pm
      Really... Well I completely misinterpreted what it was so.

So it's basically a delux all inclusive day tripper deal, which involves eating dinner at said restaurant.

Still think the name is shameful though.

I can see why people are opposed, but i can also see why it was used.

And included is:

- 3 course meal
      - Match programme
      - Refreshments
      - Visit to club museum
      - Be in the company of a former player

Like you say, the ultimate day trip. I'm not sure what they cost separately, but on the face of it seems a good deal.
      tezmac
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 11,302 posts | 943 
      • F**k the Sun F**k Murdoch F**k the press
      Reply #30: Oct 19, 2010 08:19:37 pm
      Great we are finally moving forward in the commercial department but a pity about the footballing side
      Lee103
      • On Trial

• 1 posts |
      Reply #31: Nov 08, 2010 10:53:05 am
      I totally understand the griping about the naming of the 'Boot room restaurant' but also fully understand the reasons behind the whole idea of it. I live down in Southampton and its a 440mile round trip to watch Liverpool for 90 mins which i still think is well worth the effort. However i also have a 10 year old son that loves to come along and it is a very long trip for him to encounter yet we manage it probably 6 times a season. I have just purchased tickets for the 'Citeh' game next year in the boot room as a xmas present mainly for my lad to experience a complete day at Anfield and the chance of meeting a former player. I know he is gonna love it and because the boot room is really the only hospitality package that caters for children i dont think it will be full of the 'suited, booted' cooperate blokes. I understand upper anfield road end is not the best place in the stadium to watch the matches, but tell a 10 year old that cos he would sit on the roof if it meant watching his beloved reds for 90 mins. Sometimes those that are lucky enough to get tickets for almost every game dont realise what others would do to be in there position but the 'Boot Room' offers something a little different to fans that may only be able to go a couple of times a year.
      TKIDLLTK

• 8,362 posts | 158 
      Reply #32: Nov 08, 2010 10:56:59 am
      ^ good post, welcome to the forum!
      Jase
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,287 posts |
      Reply #33: Nov 08, 2010 01:54:56 pm
      You won't see many scousers going there, that's guarenteed.

Just a way of fleecing the divvies with cameras.
      Red Horizon
      • Forum John Toshack

• 246 posts |
      Reply #34: Nov 11, 2010 01:58:58 am
      what's wrong with a flask and sandwiches?

Quick Reply