Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Wolves [Premier League] Sun 19th May @ 4:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 16th of May and on this date LFC's match record is P16 W12 D1 L3

Rafa hits back at owners changes

Read 17752 times
      MIRO
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,989 posts | 3124 
      • Trust The Universe
      Re: Rafa - "Its Purslow's Fault"
      Reply #23: Oct 19, 2010 02:39:28 pm
      So Eurored - what exactly has Rafa done here?

Lowered himself.

Cant leave things alone.

He has a new employer in a new country yet he has to continually look over his shoulder and make comments.

Do an Alonso ....Rafa.
      Do what Xavi did when you blew him away over the Gareth Barry saga.
      Shut up and get on with the job.   Prove everyone wrong. Win the CL this year with Inter. Double Winner.
      Yours is in managing the European champions.
      What irks you is being sacked as Liverpool manager doesn't look good on the C.V. and worms away in your head.
      So Purslow was in charge as the team manager when we lost to Reading?
      The performance of the team was the responsibility of the Managing Director?
      No. It wasnt.

Rafa underperformed as manager of Liverpool Football Club and the present delusional clown is even far, far, worse.
      A mature person would see that the perfect storm of erratic performances, misplaced transfers, questionable tactics, massive owner problems, financial problems, team confidence,  ALL contributed to the decline...........not just one person.
      Wasting a transfer spend of £229million in his six years leaving a bloated mediocre squad behind was the legacy.

No one is going to have much good to say about someone who "sacked" them.

Rafa aint all "white" scuse the pun.

Neither Benitez was or Hodgson is, good enough, for this club.
      TKIDLLTK
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 8,362 posts | 158 
      Reply #24: Oct 19, 2010 02:39:33 pm
      I think rafa would have gone anyway. Surely he'd had enough of H&G already! Besides, there were plenty of people calling for him to be sacked after he took us down to 7th in the prem so all things considered there's no guarantee he'd be still here anyway, regardless of whether purslow joined the club or not.

Plenty? Only bell-ends who couldn't see past their own tip.

No-one with an ounce of sense was calling for Rafa's head.  Many had some legitimate doubts and questions, but the fact remained that there was no better manager available.  We should have given him another year, not for his sake, but for the sake of our club - why sack a manager who has won us a European cup, got to another final, a semi and a quarter final, our best league position and points total in recent memory?  Rafa didn't deserve another year with Liverpool so much as Liverpool deserved another year with Rafa.
      TKIDLLTK

• 8,362 posts | 158 
      Reply #25: Oct 19, 2010 02:41:49 pm
      Do what Xavi did when you blew him away over the Gareth Barry saga.

Xavi.                          Xabi.
      vitez
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,701 posts | 156 
      Reply #26: Oct 19, 2010 02:43:22 pm
      I think rafa would have gone anyway. Surely he'd had enough of H&G already! Besides, there were plenty of people calling for him to be sacked after he took us down to 7th in the prem so all things considered there's no guarantee he'd be still here anyway, regardless of whether purslow joined the club or not.

He was a few months away from winning the war and had put up with it for nigh on 3 years, what makes you think he'd walk away now?  Calling for him to be sacked because he got 7th in the Premiership is the reason we're in this F***ing mess at the moment.
      MIRO
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,989 posts | 3124 
      • Trust The Universe
      Reply #27: Oct 19, 2010 02:47:00 pm
      Cool T-Kid. :lmao:
      On your toes there eh?

XABI ALONSO.

Bossed Benitez.

PS. If you had lived in Spain which I have, B's are pronounced as V's.
      So the correct pronunciation of our esteemed former player is Xavi.

Comprehende Amigo?

No.
      RedLFCBlood
      Reply #28: Oct 19, 2010 02:47:41 pm
      Lowered himself.

Cant leave things alone.

Wrong the press continously asked Rafa, Rafa stated he did not want to talk about it, but the press persisted in asking him.

"I prefer not to talk about this because I feel sorry for the fans," he said. "I was really sad for the and after the defeat the other day (against Everton).

I'f you had watched the press confrence in full, you'd know what I mean.
      TKIDLLTK

• 8,362 posts | 158 
      Reply #29: Oct 19, 2010 02:53:19 pm

I comprehend and I comprende... I do not comprehende... because it isn't a word in any language.  

Where about in Spain did you live again...?
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,375 posts | 8624 
      Reply #30: Oct 19, 2010 02:55:09 pm
      I don't agree with Rafa making these comments, regardless of whether they are true or not. We've just gone through a turbulent takeover and need stability more than anything else (apart from a new manager!). Broughton has come out smelling of roses and until Rafa's comments there wasn't too much anger being aimed at Purslow. Rafa needs to remember that Purslow is till the MD of LFC and all he is doing is sh*t stirring with his version of events. He shouldn't be talking about us and certainly not in a way to start rocking the boat again. Disappointing.

Then that point should be pointed out to the Rafa-obsessed UK press who decided to ask Rafa these questions during the press conference for Inter's European game.

He's only stating what we all know anyway!!

After all the sh*t he's had to take, he is allowed a right of reply and now is the perfect time for him to reply while our new Yanks are fresh in the job.
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,375 posts | 8624 
      Reply #31: Oct 19, 2010 02:59:01 pm
      That is quite an accusation.  Do you have anything to back it up...?

Yeah Rafa's comments after the Hull game last season.

Purslow had been briefing the press behind Rafa's back for some time last season,
      MIRO
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,989 posts | 3124 
      • Trust The Universe
      Reply #32: Oct 19, 2010 03:00:16 pm
      Where about in Spain did you live again...?

Valencia y Catalunya
      Usted?

(It was b***ard Spanish.)
      dariocheshirered
      • Forum Jari Litmanen

• 48 posts |
      Reply #33: Oct 19, 2010 03:01:00 pm
      Then that point should be pointed out to the Rafa-obsessed UK press who decided to ask Rafa these questions during the press conference for Inter's European game.

He's only stating what we all know anyway!!

After all the sh*t he's had to take, he is allowed a right of reply and now is the perfect time for him to reply while our new Yanks are fresh in the job.

THIS
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      • TU TA LOUCO? FILHO DA PUTA!
      Reply #34: Oct 19, 2010 03:01:16 pm
      Neither Benitez was or Hodgson is, good enough, for this club.

Laughable.

He won everything apart from the league and the Club World Championship but isn't good enough? He got the shower of sh*te we're watching now to 7th somehow. He stood up for us as a club, as a community and as a family against the Yanks, the media, other managers and fans.

You say he was ignorant and arrogant while being deluded, but he was effective for us. He highlighted things for us that we wouldn't of known had someone else who saw this as only as a job been in charge. HE started the campaign against the Yanks and Purslow.

He didn't refer to us a group of people, or 'noise'. He gave us respect and did what was best for the club always. Just because he didnt have a 100% record in the transfer market, he is open to criticism from some.

Well, it comes as no surprise that once Rafa left (to your delight) we have seen some of our best players get pissed off. Even Torres is fighting with Gerrard and Carra apparently. The club harmony is at an all time low and we're F***ing 19th.

But hey, that's just one big coincidence it coincided with Rafa's departure - someone apparently not good enough for our club.
      kb2x
      • Forum Legend - Fagan
      • Started Topic

• 3,841 posts | 215 
      • #WeComeNotToPlay
      Reply #35: Oct 19, 2010 03:01:56 pm
      Laughable.

He won everything apart from the league and the Club World Championship but isn't good enough? He got the shower of sh*te we're watching now to 7th somehow. He stood up for us as a club, as a community and as a family against the Yanks, the media, other managers and fans.

You say he was ignorant and arrogant while being deluded, but he was effective for us. He highlighted things for us that we wouldn't of known had someone else who saw this as only as a job been in charge. HE started the campaign against the Yanks and Purslow.

He didn't refer to us a group of people, or 'noise'. He gave us respect and did what was best for the club always. Just because he didnt have a 100% record in the transfer market, he is open to criticism from some.

Well, it comes as no surprise that once Rafa left (to your delight) we have seen some of our best players get pissed off. Even Torres is fighting with Gerrard and Carra apparently. The club harmony is at an all time low and we're f**king 19th.

But hey, that's just one big coincidence it coincided with Rafa's departure - someone apparently not good enough for our club.

you forgot the Carling cup mate ;D
      MIRO
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,989 posts | 3124 
      • Trust The Universe
      Reply #36: Oct 19, 2010 03:02:37 pm
      Hey Hey.
      Another Rafa bi*ch fest.
      Leave you all to it.
      racerx34
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 33,632 posts | 3859 
      • THE SALT IN THE SOUP
      Reply #37: Oct 19, 2010 03:02:42 pm
      If I was an Inter fan I would be uneasy with Rafa talking about his ex all the time. I would be concerned he might go back given the first opportunity. Although they say you should never go back.
      vitez
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,701 posts | 156 
      Reply #38: Oct 19, 2010 03:05:25 pm
      Hey Hey.
      Another Rafa bi*ch fest.
      Leave you all to it.

Before you leave us, enlighten us as to who is good enough for this club?
      Reslivo
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,490 posts | 521 
      Reply #39: Oct 19, 2010 03:09:56 pm
      PS. If you had lived in Spain which I have, B's are pronounced as V's.
      So the correct pronunciation of our esteemed former player is Xavi.

How you spell it and how you pronounce it are two completely different things.
      LFC-LCFC
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,766 posts | 128 
      • Adopted Scouser
      Reply #40: Oct 19, 2010 03:11:06 pm
      Hey Hey.
      Another Rafa bi*ch fest.
      Leave you all to it.

How about you try and counter crouchinho's points instead of running away?
      Bubonic
      • Forum Alan Hansen

• 634 posts | 25 
      Reply #41: Oct 19, 2010 03:19:57 pm
      He fought for the fans, got something decent going coming second, and got the carpet pulled out from under him.

Bring him back, let him fix the mess and do what he wants to do, which is win us the title.
      KING ROBBIE 9
      • Forum David Johnson

• 243 posts |
      Reply #42: Oct 19, 2010 03:29:42 pm
      He does look like a right slimy little c##t i gotta say
      predSJUUUUK
      • Forum David Johnson

• 213 posts |
      Reply #43: Oct 19, 2010 03:41:25 pm
      Its quite touching to see and read about Rafas feelings for our club, he truly is a man of class.
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 36,030 posts | 3960 
      Reply #44: Oct 19, 2010 03:45:44 pm
      So Purslow was a renegade and single handedly gave Rafa the bullet? That would be under the assumption the rest of the board were powerless to prevent any of his actions including the chairman???
      At the very least it is shifting the blame when a majority of 3 to 2 is required for all board decisions we are informed.
      Adryan
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,704 posts | 378 
      • Cut my veins open and I bleed Liverpool Red.
      Reply #45: Oct 19, 2010 03:52:38 pm
      Xabier "Xabi" Alonso Olano (Basque pronunciation: [ʃaˈbi aˈlons̺o]

Quick Reply