Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Bmouth [Premier League] Sat 21st Sep @ 3:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 20th of September and on this date LFC's match record is P29 W17 D7 L5

NESV want glory within 3 years

Read 6908 times
      DOBBS83
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,034 posts | 34 
      • @chrisdobbs83
      Re: NESV want glory within 3 years
      Reply #46: Oct 20, 2010 01:09:47 am
      Not quite sure where to post this. Another encouraging word about NESV from a Red Sox and now a Liverpool FC fan.  :)

Liverpool FC Fans Looking at Bright Future Thanks to NESV's Planned Success

by Uri Berenguer on Oct 19, 2010 11:33:29 AM

At 3 p.m. on Tuesday, Larry Lucchino, president and CEO of the Boston Red Sox, along with executive vice president Sam Kennedy and several other representatives of the Red Sox' front office will be announcing the latest plans of improvements that will be done to our beloved Fenway Park.

Incredibly, this will mark the final year of a 10-year commitment that the Sox ownership group made of making annual major improvements to one of America's most renowned structures, in an attempt to preserve its unique charm while adding to it. Simply put, they're trying to take something that's almost perfect and make it perfect.

To those of us who grew up in and around the Boston area and love the Red Sox more than some family members, Fenway has always been home. That home however, has gone from being a quaint little humble abode to a majestic colonial mansion. From being an Atari to a PS3!

But not only have the living quarters improved, the decor has also changed drastically -- the most notable being two amazing World Series trophies. Basically, it's become much easier to be a Red Sox fan, greatly because of the work that NESV has done, and I suspect the same kind of thoughts will be shared by our friends in Liverpool 10 years from now.

I can't even pretend to be an expert in the Premier League nor the Liverpool Football Club, but after closely following the story of NESV's purchase of the team and talking to New England Revolution head coach Steve Nicol (who was one of Liverpool's biggest stars during the 1980s when the team dominated the league), it's obvious that Liverpool fans are much like Red Sox fans. They love their team, want to win and are demanding. So speaking as a fan who has enjoyed watching this ownership take our team to the top, I'm almost envious of the Liverpool fans.

Though no one can predict the future, we can all take a look at the past and judge for ourselves. And while John Henry and Co. won't make any unreasonable promises, the promises they made us Bostonians have been kept. Our ballpark is more beautiful than ever, our team is widely respected and we win.

After meeting with some Liverpool supporters on Monday, Henry said, "We're here to listen and to learn from them."

When I saw that, it sparked my memory. I recall having dinner four years ago in the media dining hall at Fenway prior to a game, when Lucchino sat next to me. He proceeded to dine with me while asking what I thought about the press box and the media floor as a whole -- basically, what would make my job easier and more comfortable? To be honest, I don't recall what I said, I just remember being nervous trying my best not to eat like a pig while wondering, "Why does he care what I think?"

The fact is that they do care, and they do listen, and they love to win. Liverpool fans should be very excited -- I see great things coming their way. I just hope they help me out when I go visit and need a ticket to the game.

barrymanulow
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,014 posts | -14 
      Reply #47: Oct 20, 2010 08:02:15 am
      What has changed in playing personel since we came 2nd in the league?

Not much,  so if we add quality players to the team every window it can be done.

The new rule though must be.........only add quality.............no more Poulsens,Mereiles,Konchesky,Jovanovics please

One or two x 20 million players each window, and gradually get rid of the deadwood
      TheRedsFan
      • Forum David Johnson

• 219 posts |
      • Nunca Caminaras Solo...Te Amo Liverpool
      Reply #48: Oct 20, 2010 08:05:11 am
      3 yrs is realistic!! they have to clean the mess Hicks and Gillett did, nothing tells us we might do something big even before!!
      pragnorok
      • Forum David Johnson

• 222 posts |
      Reply #49: Oct 20, 2010 08:19:32 am
      Right now all I have to say is I WILL BELIEVE IT WHEN I SEE IT! before we do anything we need a top class coach who knows what the F**k they are doing and can  galvanise the players and get them playing football instead of F***ing Rugby with a round ball. Hodgson F**k OFF NOW.
      Brian78
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,674 posts | 3024 
      • A Liverbird upon my chest
      Reply #50: Oct 20, 2010 08:23:06 am
      3 years is sensible but with the right man buying the right players it could be achieved sooner
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 39,806 posts | 7056 
      Reply #51: Oct 20, 2010 08:36:20 am
      Are these fellas still in Liverpool, or have they gone back to Boston?
      redpool
      • Forum David Johnson

• 217 posts |
      Reply #52: Oct 20, 2010 11:09:12 am

Are these fellas still in Liverpool, or have they gone back to Boston?

Gone back to US. Be back in time to watch Fat Asshole Sam team out playing our team at Anfiled this Sunday.
      LondonRed
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,000 posts | 46 
      Reply #53: Oct 21, 2010 02:32:42 pm
      3 years? wtf

I'll give them 3 months to get us to the top of the league  :f_tongueincheek:
      TKIDLLTK
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 8,362 posts | 158 
      Reply #54: Oct 21, 2010 02:34:21 pm
      If you want glory in the next decade, get rid of Roy now before he takes us to the point of no return and we plummet off of the cliff into a sea of mediocrity.
      vitez
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,701 posts | 156 
      Reply #55: Oct 22, 2010 04:14:39 am
      Kroenke: New Liverpool owners are good guys

Friday, 22nd October 2010
      EXCLUSIVE
      FRANK DALLERES

ARSENAL director Stan Kroenke has backed Liverpool’s latest owners, New England Sports Ventures (NESV), to run the club “the right way”.

Kroenke, the Gunners’ largest shareholder, knows fellow Americans NESV, owners of baseball’s Boston Red Sox, from their mutual dealings in sports franchises in the United States.

Previous Reds owners Tom Hicks and George Gillett became hate figures among the Anfield faithful during their three-year reign, but Kroenke is ready to vouch for their successors.

“I think they’re good guys,” Kroenke told City A.M. “I don’t know them well, I’ve met them and I think they’re good guys. They run the Red Sox the right way and I think they’ll try to do it over here too.”

Kroenke, whose portfolio also includes NFL American football outfit St Louis Rams, NBA basketball team Denver Nuggets and NHL ice hockey side Colorado Avalanche, made a rare visit to London for Arsenal’s AGM at the Emirates Stadium yesterday.

The billionaire also stated his belief that Arsenal can improve on last season and mount a concerted challenge for the Premier League title.

“It’s a nice team, I enjoy watching them play and we’re looking for great things from them,” he added. “I think they can improve on last season – I hope they can. Can they win the title? I always believe all our teams can win, I’ll tell you that, so I believe they can.”

Gunners manager Arsene Wenger, meanwhile, is confident captain Cesc Fabregas will delay a move to Barcelona for “a few more years”.

http://www.cityam.com/sport/kroenke-new-liverpool-owners-are-good-guys?

Nice to get the backing of one of the best owners in the game.
      wallbanger
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,181 posts |
      Reply #56: Oct 23, 2010 01:03:32 pm
      in a culture where underperforming is acceptable case in point wayne rooney 1 goal this season re penalty. poor world cup. now he gets 250000 p  a week does that make sense. he has a momental task on his hands.
      waltonl4
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 38,306 posts | 7313 
      Reply #57: Oct 23, 2010 01:05:35 pm
      if they want success they better get a move on and sack Roy the great Baffoon.
      Arrie
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,763 posts | 64 
      • Being safe is risky nowadays.
      Reply #58: Oct 23, 2010 01:19:56 pm
      if they want success they better get a move on and sack Roy the great Baffoon.
      This.
      what-a-hit-son
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,628 posts | 4925 
      • t: @MrPrice1979 i: @klmprice101518
      Reply #59: Oct 23, 2010 01:29:18 pm
      I seriously believe you can add a month onto the '3 years' for every day Hodgson remains in charge.
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 36,072 posts | 3983 
      Reply #60: Oct 23, 2010 01:44:42 pm
      3 years is sensible but with the right man buying the right players it could be achieved sooner
      Of course Brian but it could be they have allowed some time for dislodging RH and clearing the decks so laying the footings could be a little way off right now but we're in better position than we were mate.

Quick Reply