Trending Topics

Next match: Betis v LFC [Friendly] Sat 27th Jul @ 12:30 am
      Acrisure Stadium

Today is the 16th of June and on this date LFC's match record is P0 W0 D0 L0

LFC Reds Poll

Q. Vote for your man of the match.

Pepe Reina
      (11.8%)
      Martin Skrtel
      (25%)
      Milan Jovanovich
      (4.4%)
      Jonjo Shelvey
      (57.4%)
      Joe Cole
      (1.5%)

Napoli 0-0 Liverpool: In-game and Post Match Disappointment

Read 44708 times
      Pepe Reina
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,480 posts | 14 
      Re: Napoli 0-0 Liverpool: In-game and Post Match Disappointment
      Reply #368: Oct 21, 2010 09:07:26 pm
      Won't bother then.  One more question, any of the fringe players put forward a case for playing Sunday?

Jovanovic maybe? Looked decent on the right wing and played in Babel twice.
      LFCexiled
      Reply #369: Oct 21, 2010 09:11:58 pm
      Boring drab sh*te. Not 'The Liverpool way' just sh*te.
      jamo174
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 835 posts |
      Reply #370: Oct 21, 2010 09:25:50 pm
      spot on. he will try to have a go at napoli at anfield. thats what small teams do. with rafa we went for a win nomatter where.

did we bollocks go for a win everywhere we went.
      MIRO
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,989 posts | 3124 
      • Trust The Universe
      Reply #371: Oct 21, 2010 09:45:51 pm

.....starting to genuinely believe a number of the first team players have a problem with Roy and/or his tactics.
      A lot of the XI out tonight aren't first team regulars and seemed to perform a little differently.
      They stick to the tactics more, which, as we've seen from Roy at Fulham and at LFC so far this season, ends up meaning you are hard to beat but not so dangerous going forward. I think the likes of Torres and Gerrard don't want to be playing this negatively and so tend to stray from the plan a little? It could be why a system that is designed to stop the opposition from scoring is not working (look how many goals we've conceded in the Premiership since the Birmingham game...)
      For me watching Liverpool tonight was like watching Fulham in the Europa League last year, without the confidence that comes with a good run of form.

I thinked you've cracked it there.
      Good post.
      Giacomonapoli
      • On Trial

• 4 posts |
      Reply #372: Oct 21, 2010 09:49:25 pm
      Hi I'm a Napoli's fan but i love english football and every week i watch premier leauye on SKY...i wait for this match from august and i' m very sad this night for this result beacuse this is one of the worst match of napoli's season! CavAni has scored 14 gol in 14 match this season but tonight he,Lavezzi,hamsik doesn't play well! Napoli don't have many player to play in the league and europe and out player were very very tired, the San paolo's pitch was very bad! I'm very prod of Napoli beacuse 4 years ago we were in  serie b and now we play with great team as Liverpool..i think that in anfield we can be better of this night... I'm sorry for the incident of last night but in Napoli there many bad people such food people and Napoli is most of wobderful city in the world! I hope that Liverpool back in the high position of premier league! Sorry for my english byeeee
      Mohammad Abdullah
      • Forum Phil Thompson

• 478 posts | -7 
      Reply #373: Oct 21, 2010 09:51:12 pm
      Bad tactics
      Promising youngsters? - arguable
      No harmony

but an
                 Amazing goalkeeper...

After the game I had the feeling that the right thing is to sell/loan no less than 5 players in Jan and buy alternatives if we desire to be in the top half of the table.
      pasquale62
      • On Trial

• 3 posts |
      Reply #374: Oct 21, 2010 09:55:14 pm
      hello guys, sorry for the intrusion but this afternoon I try to write in your forum (nice compliment to all), I wanted to acknowledge and apologize if it is only now I can do it (but administrators may well read the time of my application), the few cases where 4 / 5 reeds of fans have come assaulted by a group of offenders in Naples, which, unfortunately, there is little crime but that's football has nothing to do.
      The truth you can tell your brothers in faith .... just returned to Liverpool, was a festival (apart from the race really bad) with applause and chants from both sides, unfortunately, what happened between yesterday came true evening and this morning, but football has nothing I repeat, in all cases are reprehensible acts that the vast majority of fans disclaims Neapolitans. A greeting and a big wish speedy recovery pe rune in the league.
      I apologize but I use the translato
      « Last Edit: Oct 21, 2010 10:00:45 pm by pasquale62 »
      Adryan
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,704 posts | 378 
      • Cut my veins open and I bleed Liverpool Red.
      Reply #375: Oct 21, 2010 09:56:48 pm
      ciao a tutti ragazzi, scusate l'intromissione ma da oggi pomeriggio che cerco di scrivere nel vostro forum ( bello complimenti a tutti), volevo portarvi a conoscenza e scusate se solo ora riesco a farlo ( ma gli amministratori possono benissimo leggere l'ora della mia richiesta di iscrizione), dei pochissimi casi di cui 4/5 tifosi dei reeds sono venuti aggrediti da un gruppo di delinquenti di Napoli, piccola criminalità che purtroppo esiste ma che con il calcio non ha nulla a che vedere.
      La verità ve la potranno dire I vostri fratelli di fede appena rientreranno a Liverpool....è stata una festa ( a parte la gara veramente brutta) con applausi e canti da entrambe le tifoseria, purtroppo quello che è successo si è avverato tra ieri sera e stamattina, ma il calcio ripeto non centra nulla, in tutti I casi sono gesti riprovevoli che la stragrande maggioranza dei tifosi Napoletani disconosce. Un saluto e un grosso augurio pe runa pronta ripresa anche in campionato.
      Chiedo scusa ma uso il traduttore

English only!
      PzR Dark Moon
      • Forum Erik Meijer

• 35 posts |
      Reply #376: Oct 21, 2010 09:59:17 pm
      Ran it through Google translater

hello guys, sorry for the intrusion but this afternoon I try to write in your forum (nice compliment to all), I wanted to acknowledge and apologize if it is only now I can do it (but administrators may well read the time of my application), the few cases where 4 / 5 reeds of fans have come assaulted by a group of offenders in Naples, which, unfortunately, there is little crime but that's football has nothing to do.
      The truth you can tell your brothers in faith .... just returned to Liverpool, was a festival (apart from the race really bad) with applause and chants from both sides, unfortunately, what happened between yesterday came true evening and this morning, but football has nothing I repeat, in all cases are reprehensible acts that the vast majority of fans disclaims Neapolitans. A greeting and a big wish speedy recovery pe rune in the league.
      I apologize but I use the translator
      Giacomonapoli
      • On Trial

• 4 posts |
      Reply #377: Oct 21, 2010 10:00:04 pm
      @pasquale Pasquale io sono napoletanao pure io sto da oggi a cerca di scorcere ca ncopp!! Abbiamo avuto la stessa idea!cmq in casa loro l amma skiatta stasera laveZi hamsik e cavani stevn nterr, maggio nn ne parliamo prp... Da inizio stagione sta nguajattt! 
      Adryan
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,704 posts | 378 
      • Cut my veins open and I bleed Liverpool Red.
      Reply #378: Oct 21, 2010 10:03:13 pm
      I really can't stand it.

Again, he's happy with a draw. I mean I know we used fringe players and youngsters but Liverpool FC should never be a club that is happy with a draw.
      pasquale62
      • On Trial

• 3 posts |
      Reply #379: Oct 21, 2010 10:04:33 pm
      Naples - Naples at the end of the match for Liverpool, there was an exchange of applause in a relaxed and peaceful in the area of Liverpool fans and the curve of B Stadio San Paolo.
      MiciG91
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,664 posts | 38 
      Reply #380: Oct 21, 2010 10:05:16 pm
      @pasquale Pasquale io sono napoletanao pure io sto da oggi a cerca di scorcere ca ncopp!! Abbiamo avuto la stessa idea!cmq in casa loro l amma skiatta stasera laveZi hamsik e cavani stevn nterr, maggio nn ne parliamo prp... Da inizio stagione sta nguajattt!  
      Less of that gibberish...

pasquale62
      • On Trial

• 3 posts |
      Reply #381: Oct 21, 2010 10:08:54 pm

Giacomo usa il traduttore cercalo con google è facilissimo ( devi fare copia e incolla)
      Giacomonapoli
      • On Trial

• 4 posts |
      Reply #382: Oct 21, 2010 10:11:58 pm
      @Micig91 there Are comment on the match in italian!;)
      RedLFCBlood
      Reply #383: Oct 21, 2010 10:12:01 pm
      Whats Freddy Mercury doing on my screen eating Pizza I thought he was dead, In saying that all that italian food has helped him put weight on, he looks much better than teh last time I seen him when he was riddled aids. ;D
      RedLFCBlood
      Reply #384: Oct 21, 2010 10:13:38 pm
      @Micig91 there Are comment on the match in italian!;)

Thats great. but I'm fat too thick to speak any other language, I barely cope with this one.
      Giacomonapoli
      • On Trial

• 4 posts |
      Reply #385: Oct 21, 2010 10:13:58 pm
      @Pasquale bene o male in inglese so scrivere l ho scritto per nn farlo capire a loro apposta!
      red_squirrel
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,131 posts | 15 
      Reply #386: Oct 21, 2010 10:16:15 pm
      A boring game for me.  Wasn't really paying attention and the only time I nearly got animated was when Babel got put through but fluffed it.  Again, thought we played better second half but overall it was very uninspiring.  I think Pepe showed why he is the best keeper around and why Roy should not be making him more english.

Was it me, or did we not seem to be hoofing as much second half?  And Pepe, was seemingly 'allowed' to throw the ball out rather than kick it.
      wengitari
      • Banned

• 80 posts |
      Reply #387: Oct 21, 2010 10:20:09 pm
      The amount of criticism here is amazing.  A 0-0 result against Napoli with that lineup is a good result.  At this stage, it is all that was needed.  Our main players rested for the next game... why are you so upset? and why are you pretending that Rafa was some God who always did right and never put a foot wrong.  Rafa's tactics were never negative... he always played for a win... you are kidding! Rafa would frequently do what Roy did tonight.  Let's not try to erase history and replace it with fairytales.

If it was me, I would have played 2 strikers.  It seems clear to me that Ngog needs a support man.  He loves to control the ball on his chest.. but his back is towards goal.  He needs another man to lay the ball to.  I would have had Ngog and Babel together.

As for the criticism of babel... it's nothing more than a witch hunt.  You want attacking football? - yet you criticise Babel when that's what he tries to play.  Watch the game again and you will see he put in some good attacking crosses, whenever he had chance.  He was also continuously making runs.. but wasn't getting the ball to him early enough.  Sure, he lost the ball a few times tonight, but that's the nature of it.  Torres gets tackled too when he runs at players, lets not forget that.

I'm happy with tonight.  Job done. 
      hardcoresoldier
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 5,160 posts | 1288 
      • The Liverpool Way is The Only Way
      Reply #388: Oct 21, 2010 10:28:18 pm
      Oh bollocks. Recorded the game due to work commitments, sounds like it was yet another game not worth watching. From what i've read thus far it sounds like the youngsters did well and that can only be taken as a positive.
      red_squirrel
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,131 posts | 15 
      Reply #389: Oct 21, 2010 10:39:35 pm
      The amount of criticism here is amazing.  A 0-0 result against Napoli with that lineup is a good result.  At this stage, it is all that was needed.  Our main players rested for the next game... why are you so upset? and why are you pretending that Rafa was some God who always did right and never put a foot wrong.  Rafa's tactics were never negative... he always played for a win... you are kidding! Rafa would frequently do what Roy did tonight.  Let's not try to erase history and replace it with fairytales.

If it was me, I would have played 2 strikers.  It seems clear to me that Ngog needs a support man.  He loves to control the ball on his chest.. but his back is towards goal.  He needs another man to lay the ball to.  I would have had Ngog and Babel together.

As for the criticism of babel... it's nothing more than a witch hunt.  You want attacking football? - yet you criticise Babel when that's what he tries to play.  Watch the game again and you will see he put in some good attacking crosses, whenever he had chance.  He was also continuously making runs.. but wasn't getting the ball to him early enough.  Sure, he lost the ball a few times tonight, but that's the nature of it.  Torres gets tackled too when he runs at players, lets not forget that.

I'm happy with tonight.  Job done. 

Rafa, typically asked the team to close down high up the pitch.  Roy likes to sit back and try to counter - even at home, consequently we get over run in midfield by the likes of blackpool, west brom and everton.  That's just the tip of the iceberg.

Yes, normally, 0-0 away in europe is a good result, but do bear in mind the opposition.  Sometimes I feel Rafa, settled for a draw but mostly tried to win in europe and get an away goal.  If the away game was the second leg and we were ahead, granted he would be more defensive.

Fundamentally though, Rafa's teams were far more organised and attacking, using all areas (eg wide areas) of the pitch.
      daveyd
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,670 posts | 35 
      • Jürgen Klopp to take us back to the top
      Reply #390: Oct 21, 2010 10:41:55 pm
      Shevley, kelly & so on okay. poulsen same as,babel worse, kuntchesky kunt.
      Woy pure wnak. Have an early nite. Not worth watching mate   

Quick Reply