Trending Topics

Next match: Betis v LFC [Friendly] Sat 27th Jul @ 12:30 am
      Acrisure Stadium

Today is the 16th of June and on this date LFC's match record is P0 W0 D0 L0

Hodgson hits out at 'ridiculous websites'

Read 13543 times
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 39,687 posts | 6981 
      Hodgson hits out at 'ridiculous websites'
      Oct 22, 2010 12:01:00 pm
      'You read these ridiculous websites that we have and resignation has never once entered my thought and, what's more, never will.

'I pride myself on being a bit of a fighter, I pride myself on being able to stand the bad times.

'I've had a lot of good times recently - Barclays Manager of the Year last year, great accolades here and there and everywhere - I realise in football you don't get the accolades all the time, sometimes you have to bite the bullet and fine.

'It disappointments me that there are so many ridiculous websites, every day someone tells me that there is a new rumour about something that's supposed to happen and I think it's rather unfair that serious people use those rumours and then ask me questions because I shouldn't even be answering that question as it's literally never entered my mind and, what's more, won't enter my mind.'

Interesting.  Hope he's not talking about websites that fans go on to talk about their club.  Because that might piss me off a little bit.  Or maybe the websites that helped stopped Blackstone refinancing the club, and helping it get out of debt.
      racerx34
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 33,683 posts | 3904 
      • THE SALT IN THE SOUP
      Re: Hodgson hits out at 'ridiculous websites'
      Reply #1: Oct 22, 2010 12:03:52 pm
      Saw that last night. So it goes, with every statement he did isolate the fans further.
      kb2x
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,841 posts | 215 
      • #WeComeNotToPlay
      Reply #2: Oct 22, 2010 12:04:24 pm
      I reckon he is referring to forums JD,

Happy birthday by the way.
      Brian78
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,378 posts | 2884 
      • A Liverbird upon my chest
      Reply #3: Oct 22, 2010 12:07:07 pm
      Hes so unLiverpool its frightening

Hasn't a clue
      Alicus
      • Forum Ian Callaghan

• 988 posts | 15 
      Reply #4: Oct 22, 2010 12:09:06 pm
      Obviously he's referring to Liverpool fan sites which discuss Liverpool related stuff.

Meaning forums.

Reminds me of Hicks' internet "terrorists". 

Hodgson and Hicks sitting on a tree..
      crzy_jkr@u
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,774 posts | 29 
      • Rebuilding a legacy...Trust, Will, Pride, Respect.
      Reply #5: Oct 22, 2010 12:10:26 pm
      That interview was funny, he seemed partly drunk for the most part. His gesticulations were just desperate and self serving by any means he needs to leave.

Brian78
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,378 posts | 2884 
      • A Liverbird upon my chest
      Reply #6: Oct 22, 2010 12:11:21 pm
      Fans are the lifeblood of the club whether on forums,pubs wherever they chat its there club and are free to have an opinion hes a clown for making such a remark
      ayrton77
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,775 posts | 627 
      • © Established Quality Since 1977
      Reply #7: Oct 22, 2010 12:15:01 pm
      I really hope he's only talking about those gossip sites like talkaloadofbull.com.

I'll happily admit they're a load of sh*te and spread all kinds of false rumours in the hope of getting one or two "exclusives" correct.

Since he doesn't mention the word "forum", I hesitate to judge him here, although at his age he may have trouble distingushing between a website and a forum anyway.
      fraggle786
      • Forum John Toshack

• 271 posts | 15 
      Reply #8: Oct 22, 2010 12:15:56 pm
      That interview was funny, he seemed partly drunk for the most part. His gesticulations were just desperate and self serving by any means he needs to leave.

hes seems like that at every interview, could explain why he thinks we've played good football when everyone else thinks we've played sh*t.
      TKIDLLTK
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 8,362 posts | 158 
      Reply #9: Oct 22, 2010 12:20:32 pm
      Roy, if you are reading - ridicule this!  :f_steam:

ayrton77
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,775 posts | 627 
      Reply #10: Oct 22, 2010 12:21:39 pm
      ^^^^

When I think how much you used to defend him! :D

Even your username says that Roy is the new king!

Shame on you! ;)
      KennyIsKing
      • Banned

• 4,628 posts | 129 
      Reply #11: Oct 22, 2010 12:24:57 pm
      I really hope he's only talking about those gossip sites like talkaloadofbull.com.

I'll happily admit they're a load of sh*te and spread all kinds of false rumours in the hope of getting one or two "exclusives" correct.

Since he doesn't mention the word "forum", I hesitate to judge him here, although at his age he may have trouble distingushing between a website and a forum anyway.

He wouldn't know the word "Forum"

He lives in his own little bubble, and probably doesn't understand the difference between a forum and a website.

His quote is just a watered down version of what hicks said - which is probably where he got it from, after all, I doubt the bloke has ever had an original thought in his life...
      TKIDLLTK

• 8,362 posts | 158 
      Reply #12: Oct 22, 2010 12:27:30 pm
      ^^^^

When I think how much you used to defend him! :D

Even your username says that Roy is the new king!

Shame on you! ;)

;D I was never that keen on Roy as a man, I was undecided and wanted to give him time, I just did not like people disrespecting the Liverpool manager so mercilessly... but it quickly dawned on me that he was never fit to hold that hallowed office.  He made me look like a prize tit, but he is making our team into a laughing stock and that is unforgivable.
      queuepolitely
      • Forum Billy Liddell

• 575 posts | 27 
      Reply #13: Oct 22, 2010 12:27:41 pm
      Read this on the train this morning.....has to go...just has to go. I'll be happy when this whole saga is over, I've felt like I have been betraying my beliefs since this man took the job, I've never ever felt the need for a LFC manager to go (except Souness but that was exception circumstances - the S*&) and the fact I was calling for his head the second I knew he was manager has made me feel dirty, and not in a good way.

Please for gods sake leave...........now.
      queuepolitely
      • Forum Billy Liddell

• 575 posts | 27 
      Reply #14: Oct 22, 2010 12:28:39 pm
      He made me look like a prize tit.

Least your honest fella
      ayrton77
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,775 posts | 627 
      Reply #15: Oct 22, 2010 12:30:36 pm
      ;D I was never that keen on Roy as a man, I was undecided and wanted to give him time, I just did not like people disrespecting the Liverpool manager so mercilessly... but it quickly dawned on me that he was never fit to hold that hallowed office.  He made me look like a prize tit, but he is making our team into a laughing stock and that is unforgivable.

Good response, but I think most people knew that anyway, you didn't have to explain yourself.

You can't write good posts AND think Roy is a good manager, it's just impossible! ;)
      LFCexiled
      Reply #16: Oct 22, 2010 12:37:09 pm
      I can't think that his referencing 'ridiculous websites' can be anything but us.

Hopefully he'll have a little look in here and realise that I for one consider his tactics, media ability & overall lack of how to act in 'The Liverpool way' are the only things that can be considered ridiculous.

You Sir are a complete and utter buffoon of the highest order and so completely clueless and inept at the job you were hired to do. If you had any self respect you would do the honourable thing and leave, now.
      TKIDLLTK

• 8,362 posts | 158 
      Reply #17: Oct 22, 2010 12:42:49 pm
      If you had any self respect you would do the honourable thing and leave, now.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-1322786/Liverpool-boss-Roy-Hodgson-insists-hell-quit-Anfield-despite-miserable-form.html

He is going to cling on for dear life and doesn't care if he drags us down with him
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,372 posts | 4973 
      Reply #18: Oct 22, 2010 12:50:13 pm

I thought his head was going to fall off his shoulders at one point. It was flying from one side to the other that quick.

Bizarre!
      Reslivo
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,490 posts | 521 
      Reply #19: Oct 22, 2010 12:55:25 pm
      I've been pondering this for a while, and I'm trying to describe how I feel about this 'man' managing us.

It's not a good feeling, I can tell you. Umm... how can I put this.

He's a c**t.
      TKIDLLTK

• 8,362 posts | 158 
      Reply #20: Oct 22, 2010 01:02:05 pm
      I've been pondering this for a while, and I'm trying to describe how I feel about this 'man' managing us.

He's a c**t.

Roy!
      LFCexiled
      Reply #21: Oct 22, 2010 01:02:30 pm

He's a c**t.

Nice pondering, time well spent. Saves me having to. ;)
      RedPuppy
      • Still European.
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 19,270 posts | 2859 
      • Parum Rutilus Canis: Illegitimi non carborundum
      Reply #22: Oct 22, 2010 01:03:23 pm
      As far I can see there is no Plan B, not even a Plan A.

Sorry Roy, do not bite the hand that feeds you. If you see something you do not like, then SHUT THE F**k UP.

Looks to me he knows he is going. You don't say that if you have the "Confidence of the Board"

Do we have a Board to give any confidence out?

Quick Reply