Trending Topics

Next match: v [] Thu 1st Jan @ 1:00 am

Today is the 24th of May and on this date LFC's match record is P14 W9 D1 L4

Fabio Coentrao (Benfica)

Read 44982 times
      Dexter
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,279 posts | 116 
      Re: Liverpool target Coentrao
      Reply #23: Oct 28, 2010 12:34:44 am
      I watched inter v spurs the other week the 1 player that stood out coutinho he looked quality and he is only 18 sure he would be ideal for the NESV plan of haing young players
      And extremely expensive too. No chance we'll get him unless we're willing to pay big big money. And I doubt he'd even want to come here right now.
      Zeus
      • Forum David Johnson

• 244 posts |
      Reply #24: Oct 28, 2010 12:35:28 am
      I watched inter v spurs the other week the 1 player that stood out coutinho he looked quality and he is only 18 sure he would be ideal for the NESV plan of haing young players

Inter would never sell Coutinho unless we bid CRAZY money.

Contraeo and Glen would be a risk.  Prefer Cissokho (and given Contraoe's contract, Aly wouldnt be that much more expensive).  But doesn't it seem like we're linked with everybody at the moment? The only big signing I think we'll get is a striker because those buys - if they are half decent - don't come cheap.  Sadly the transfer pot won't be huge. 
      Red5man
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,616 posts | 76 
      Reply #25: Oct 28, 2010 12:42:17 am

Why would they ever sell the lad?

The reason we can be linked with Hazard, Defour and Coentrao is because they want to move to a big club. Inter is already a big club.
      onecoolcookie
      • Forum Alan Hansen

• 653 posts | 10 
      • YNWA JFT96
      Reply #26: Oct 28, 2010 01:06:10 am
      Why would they ever sell the lad?

The reason we can be linked with Hazard, Defour and Coentrao is because they want to move to a big club. Inter is already a big club.

This. No chance they'd sell him.

Plus don't want to burst any bubbles here...but I'm gonna...the links to Arda, Cissokho, Coentrao, Defour and Hazard are no more than paper talk. How many names have been linked to Liverpool over the last 10 years? 1000? Until we see a quote, even if it is from some seedy agent, we should all have a coke and a smile and shut the F**k up because all we're doing is torturing ourselves with delusions of grandeur. C'mon folks one false move here and we're a Newcastle United forum...
      RyanBabs

• 5,145 posts | 39 
      • London town is burning down
      Reply #27: Oct 28, 2010 01:08:37 am
      We were linked to 112 players in pre season and we signed 4 of these i think it was.

Serious!
      carheex
      • Banned

• 587 posts | -9 
      Reply #28: Oct 28, 2010 09:09:45 am
      We were linked to 112 players in pre season and we signed 4 of these i think it was.

Serious!

So what?? It's all good fun. This forum is full of speculation and gossip - it would be exceedingly dull if only "facts" were discussed.
      chimo vcsy
      • On Trial

• 1 posts |
      Reply #29: Oct 29, 2010 10:23:46 pm
      Hi again

We have a very big problem here now look Liverpool is going back and back and back and we are not happy about how thing are moving the players are trying to go out please we Liverpool players and fans we are getting worried about what is going on their ok, The only thing that we keep us alive again is new coach the coach is this former Barcelona’s coach Frank rijkaard ok, Now we need midfielder like

Defenders like this people inter Milan defender Maicon

Now see these young men like Dele Adeleye ( Metalurh Donetsk , Ukraine )

Look let me tell you guy’s Jamie Carragher is know good in defending anymore ok, we need young boys there please let us wakeup please

Midfielders like these players

Steven Pienaar form Everton

Ashley Young form Aston villa

Charles N'Zogbia form wigan

Strikers that well help Fernando Torres like this player

Gabriel Agbonlahor Aston villa

Diego Forlorn form Atletico Madrid

Osaze Odemwingie form West Bromwich Albion, England

Podge
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,095 posts | 14 
      Reply #30: Nov 01, 2010 12:24:10 pm
      Welcome to the forum Chimo! Im not too sure I understand what you're trying to say. How does this relate to Coentrao??
      corballyred
      • Banned

• 17,707 posts | 307 
      Reply #31: Nov 01, 2010 12:30:02 pm
      Anyone able to translate, Coentrao would be a lot more exciting player than some of the tripe being linked to us but he likes attacking so I just can't see how he would be a Hodgson type of player.
      Cuttsy888
      • Forum Didi Hamann

• 295 posts |
      Reply #32: Nov 03, 2010 07:54:50 am
      had a cracker last night got 2 well taken goals
      nethervor
      • Forum Youth Player

• 7 posts |
      • Toressss!
      Reply #33: Nov 03, 2010 11:11:30 am
      I don't like it. He's a good player, but if he wants to leave then he shouldn't have extended his contract to 2016 only a month ago! I hate that type of attitude with players.

You do realize, he did that only to benefit the club. Obviously teams are interested and he will almost certainly leave by the end of the season the latest. Having more contract years left = much more millions added to his price.
      StevieG-force
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,526 posts | 12 
      • Name:Richard-Age:21-Nationality:Welsh
      Reply #34: Nov 05, 2010 01:54:43 am
      had a cracker last night got 2 well taken goals

Brilliant wasn't he, great volley and a fantastic lob, one of the best attacking left back/wing backs in Europe at the moment. Would be a dream to have him here although I'm not sure what to make of his defending as of yet.
      Cuttsy888
      • Forum Didi Hamann

• 295 posts |
      Reply #35: Nov 05, 2010 11:27:25 am
      Would be like glen johnson but on the other side of the pitch
      m4Rco
      • Forum Matt Busby

• 128 posts |
      • 'cause you said the brains I had went to my head.
      Reply #36: Nov 15, 2010 01:53:51 am
      Would be like glen johnson but on the other side of the pitch

Except that Coentrao is a fantastic defender and more quicker. :p
      Benito
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,939 posts | 285 
      Reply #37: Jan 09, 2011 10:11:43 pm
      Seen we're linked again, i think would be a class signing in a position we lack cover. Koncheski needs to be shown the door ASAP and bringing in someone wth real pace would be a real positive step.
      Come on NESV splash some cash!
      lfc_ynwa

• 9,109 posts | 233 
      • In Kenny we trust. YNWA. Tits!!
      Reply #38: Jan 09, 2011 10:14:33 pm
      No link, and is another Glen Johnson. Can attack but can't defend. Would cost 20 million too. Not worth it!!!!

Lock thread? No link.
      Tayls

• 5,378 posts | 510 
      Reply #39: Jan 09, 2011 10:50:41 pm
      No link, and is another Glen Johnson. Can attack but can't defend. Would cost 20 million too. Not worth it!!!!

Lock thread? No link.

Another Glen Johnson? Any evidence to prove those claims? From what I've heard he's actually a class defender.
      TonioLerouge
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,170 posts | 59 
      Reply #40: Jan 09, 2011 11:55:17 pm
      Dmasta
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,895 posts | 553 
      Reply #41: Jan 10, 2011 05:40:00 am
      He's boss in FM. :f_tongueincheek:
      harrydunn08

• 5,927 posts | 969 
      Reply #42: Jan 10, 2011 03:03:57 pm
      I'm not sure why so many people are opposed to having two attacking fullbacks...  I would love to have an attacking outlet at both LB and RB.  This would allow us to play in the 4-2-3-1 formation that Rafa loved so much and that the current team was built around.  And based on how Kenny had us set up on Sunday, I think Coentrao would fit in like a fat kid in a candy shop!
      lfc_ynwa

• 9,109 posts | 233 
      Reply #43: Jan 10, 2011 03:05:14 pm
      Another Glen Johnson? Any evidence to prove those claims? From what I've heard he's actually a class defender.

I've watched him play in the champions league, he cant defend for sh*t. Decent attacking but not worth it for the 20 million it will cost. 
      lfc_ynwa

• 9,109 posts | 233 
      Reply #44: Jan 10, 2011 03:06:21 pm
      I'm not sure why so many people are opposed to having two attacking fullbacks...  I would love to have an attacking outlet at both LB and RB.  This would allow us to play in the 4-2-3-1 formation that Rafa loved so much and that the current team was built around.  And based on how Kenny had us set up on Sunday, I think Coentrao would fit in like a fat kid in a candy shop!

Reason it worked for Rafa was because he had 2 defensive midfielders (the best 2 in the world), and currently we have 000000. That's the big difference.
      harrydunn08

• 5,927 posts | 969 
      Reply #45: Jan 10, 2011 03:16:54 pm
      Reason it worked for Rafa was because he had 2 defensive midfielders (the best 2 in the world), and currently we have 000000. That's the big difference.

I think Lucas and Raul could do a good job in this system.  Lucas certainly isn't as good as Masch was at breaking up play, but Meireles is a better defensive player than Xabi.  Neither one of them has the passing ability that Alonso brought to the table, but I think it could work for the rest of the season.  Then get rid of Poulsen in the summer and bring in a good DM to compete with Lucas for the starting berth.  I also think Jonjo will be challenging for a starting spot in the next 12-18 months as well, and I think he would benefit from a deep lying role where he can just focus on distributing the ball and dictating play.  

Quick Reply