Trending Topics

Next match: Betis v LFC [Friendly] Sat 27th Jul @ 12:30 am
      Acrisure Stadium

Today is the 16th of June and on this date LFC's match record is P0 W0 D0 L0

Charlie Adam (Blackpool)

Read 222769 times
      Court LFC
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 8,496 posts | 182 
      Re: Charlie Adam (Blackpool)
      Reply #3036: Jul 07, 2011 09:04:21 am
      he has only completed the first part of the medical last night according to reports, personal terms were done at melwood last night.. it will be finalised today

We don't normally take this long to complete a medical. We're normally pretty swift! Considering he did arrive at 4PM onwards yesterday.

Probably too busy round Kenny's with a few cans of Irn-Bru?
      robbieisgod23/9
      Reply #3037: Jul 07, 2011 09:13:02 am
      We don't normally take this long to complete a medical. We're normally pretty swift! Considering he did arrive at 4PM onwards yesterday.

Probably too busy round Kenny's with a few cans of Irn-Bru?

:lmao: 

they were saying yesterday it wouldnt be completed until today.. im sure there are no problems
      HoyaRed
      • Forum Alan Hansen

• 629 posts | 26 
      • YNWA
      Reply #3038: Jul 07, 2011 09:14:11 am
      I thought with Aquilani back, we won't proceed with this deal, but he'll have my full backing.

Welcome Charlie.  :scarf:
      trebor12
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,035 posts | 69 
      Reply #3039: Jul 07, 2011 09:22:25 am
      Personally, now that we,ve got Adam, the club may now see Aqualani and Miereles as money generators so we can use that cash to go after younger targets. Would still like to keep hold of Aqualani as i think hes the more creative of the two.
      ozi_wozzy
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,552 posts | 304 
      Reply #3040: Jul 07, 2011 09:27:02 am
      Not going to swing about and say he'll be a good addition. I still doubt his quality, don't think we need him.

But...if/when he signs, all that is forgotten and we give him a clean slate. Welcome aboard Charlie.

he's no alonso and he lacks pace, that's clear, but he does have a a very decent distribution and an excellent left foot. he bring good balance to our midfield, great to have some strength in depth for a change.

i do agree that we need players in other areas more urgently (centre back, both wings, possibly even a third striker), so i'd be very disappinted if we don't add in those areas whilst having spent 8 or 9 mil on adam.

either way, welcome mr adam.
      Lofti Rider
      • Forum Alan Hansen

• 656 posts |
      Reply #3041: Jul 07, 2011 10:22:49 am
      so when topic this will be locked ? Hope it will not take as much time as his transfer did  :D
      gareth g
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 15,469 posts | 366 
      Reply #3042: Jul 07, 2011 10:28:03 am
      Welcome aboard Charlie, time to show what you are all about!
      robbieisgod23/9
      Reply #3043: Jul 07, 2011 10:29:51 am
      Sky sports now reporting he has passed his medical
      *LFC 4EVA*
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 805 posts |
      • *LFC 4LIFE*
      Reply #3044: Jul 07, 2011 10:43:15 am
      Charlie Adam is poised to complete his move to Liverpool from Blackpool after passing a medical with the Anfield outfit.

The Reds confirmed on Wednesday that they had finally agreed an undisclosed fee, believed to be in the region of £9million, with the Championship club for the midfielder.

Scotland international Adam has been a long-term target for the Merseyside giants who tried and failed to secure his services during the January transfer window.

Blackpool's relegation from the Premier League on the final day of the season made his anticipated departure from Bloomfield Road more likely and the 25-year-old was always keen to remain in the top-flight.

Personal terms

Adam now only needs to agree personal terms with Kenny Dalglish's men to seal his switch to the five-time European champions.

The midfielder will become Liverpool's second signing of the summer following the £20million arrival of Jordan Henderson from Sunderland.
      There have been rumblings of discontent from some supporters after seeing the club miss out on Connor Wickham to Sunderland and Phil Jones to Manchester United.
      But Dalglish clearly has further targets in mind and the Reds saw their £15million approach for Aston Villa winger Stewart Downing knocked back on Tuesday evening.

http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,12874_7024224,00.html
      Dannylfc

• 5,010 posts | 174 
      • Always in our shadow.
      Reply #3045: Jul 07, 2011 11:20:11 am
      Has Corbally committed suicide?
      Ingo
      • Forum Jason McAteer

• 140 posts |
      • Brazilian by birth, Scouser by choice :)
      Reply #3046: Jul 07, 2011 11:24:59 am
      Welcome, Charlie! I pride myself in saying that I was one of the first ones to notice him, back in Football Manager 2008. :P

I hope he can prove himself now that he will be surrounded by players with much more quality.
      bigmick
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,078 posts | 2767 
      Reply #3047: Jul 07, 2011 11:26:25 am
      I don't do stats, and these are probably bollocks anyway. Nevertheless, they were interesting I thought (they are taken off another forum).

LFCTransferSpec LFC Transfer Specs
      Only Luka Modric has made more succesful dribblings than him 69 - Charlie has 59

Charlie Adam has created more chances than any other CM 72 - He's made more passes than any other CM 2091- 1408 of them accurate

Adam has made 8 goal assists last season only Fabregas has made more of CMs

Charlie Adam has attempted 196 crosses last season more than any other prem CM - 46 of them were accurate

crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      • TU TA LOUCO? FILHO DA PUTA!
      Reply #3048: Jul 07, 2011 11:58:48 am

Poor sod.
      waltonl4
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 37,791 posts | 7190 
      Reply #3049: Jul 07, 2011 12:07:13 pm
      I trust Kenny to bring in the right players to build a competetive squad. We have struggled with so called weaker team and its clear we need more than Plan A we need B,C and D. We need 24 quality players in the squad and I think Adam will be a great influence to the team. We have spent a lot more on players who havent made the grade so I cant wait to see how we set up our team for next season.
      PGlynn91
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,601 posts | 295 
      • To win just once...
      Reply #3050: Jul 07, 2011 12:36:22 pm
      Delighted we have him.

His performance for Blackpool at Old Trafford last season when they needed him to step up was immense.

Pulled all the strings and although they went down due to lack of quality, they would not have got near being able to stay up on the last day without Adams contribution.
      Brian78
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,380 posts | 2884 
      • A Liverbird upon my chest
      Reply #3051: Jul 07, 2011 12:54:49 pm
      Wheres all this pleasantness come from about his signing? I was in the minority of people happy about this before it happenned. Looking forward to see him make people eat there words
      Junior_Red
      • Forum Ian Callaghan

• 926 posts |
      Reply #3052: Jul 07, 2011 01:11:19 pm
      It's simple Brian, he was a Blackpool player, people didn't want him. He's a Liverpool player (well will be soon) now, people will give him a chance.
      Brian78
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,380 posts | 2884 
      • A Liverbird upon my chest
      Reply #3053: Jul 07, 2011 01:14:54 pm
      It's simple Brian, he was a Blackpool player, people didn't want him. He's a Liverpool player (well will be soon) now, people will give him a chance.

I made this point months back, if Adam was at say Spurs or City and done what he done for Blackpool do you think people would have been so anti signing him? If they were honest no they wouldn't. Its like a form of snobbery because he "was only doing it with Blackpool"

Throw him in our side and his strenghts will be even more evident. Great signing
      Reprobate
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 11,055 posts | 436 
      • Avatar by Kitster29@Deviantart.com
      Reply #3054: Jul 07, 2011 01:20:37 pm
      Wheres all this pleasantness come from about his signing? I was in the minority of people happy about this before it happenned. Looking forward to see him make people eat there words
      I was never against his signing. In fact, I was dreading the thought of Whiskey Nose nabbing him. I'm still feeling very very optimistic about next season. We were a match for anyone once Kenny returned and I feel we've already strengthened with the first two signings  :scarf:
      Reslivo
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,490 posts | 521 
      Reply #3055: Jul 07, 2011 01:22:10 pm
      I was never against his signing. In fact, I was dreading the thought of Whiskey Nose nabbing him. I'm still feeling very very optimistic about next season. We were a match for anyone once Kenny returned and I feel we've already strengthened with the first two signings  :scarf:

Our average passing range has surely benefitted, if nothing else.
      RedLFCBlood
      Reply #3056: Jul 07, 2011 01:25:20 pm
      Throw him in our side and his strenghts will be even more evident. Great signing

Given the transfer fee's that are floating about this summer, I think it's a great signing, if you look at in the value for money context, Kenny valued N'Gog at £8m (I know we won't get that) and he can't make an impact in the first team, potentially Adam can.
      AJ

• 6,445 posts | 124 
      • Boom!
      Reply #3057: Jul 07, 2011 02:00:56 pm
      I'm quite undecided on Adam so far, I mean he's ok for Blackpool but in amongst some of the best players in the prem he's going to have to raise his game (having said that Konchesky managed)

You know what they say though "Proof is in the pudding"

TBC...
      crzy_jkr@u
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,774 posts | 29 
      • Rebuilding a legacy...Trust, Will, Pride, Respect.
      Reply #3058: Jul 07, 2011 02:10:46 pm
      For me Adam won't be a starter, he'll be someone we can use throughout the season to give our squad great depth. Couple of season we've been struggling for depth. Charlie is no Paul Konchesky and is certainly better than Poulsen, this can only be a good thing if we're getting players that are better than what we currently have. I would've been of with not signing him but since we're on the verge, it's most hypocritical for people to constant talk about lack of creativity and depth and we're now trying to do so and it's like there's a problem.

Quick Reply