Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Wolves [Premier League] Sun 19th May @ 4:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 17th of May and on this date LFC's match record is P14 W7 D4 L3

John Henry: I'm not letting stars leave

Read 3763 times
      luckofirish8
      • Forum Ron Yeats

• 454 posts | 20 
      Re: John Henry: I'm not letting stars leave
      Reply #23: Oct 29, 2010 08:09:16 pm
      Roy Hodgson was forced to issue a hands-off warning to Manchester United...
      sounds about right.
      waltonl4
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 37,627 posts | 7146 
      Reply #24: Oct 29, 2010 08:17:42 pm
      Hmmmmmm a little contrived don't you think. It wouldn't surprise me if he concocted this story with whiskey nose.
      noggin
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,875 posts | 165 
      Reply #25: Oct 29, 2010 08:44:23 pm
      John Henry can say what he likes.  If players want to go then they will go (See Mascherano).

What we need to do is convince them that it is worth their while staying.

A second third rate manager and no significant investment in the team is not going to do it.

Remember these players have been promised investment by the previous shysters so they are looking for actions now not words.

Let's see some action John Henry or the team will hemorrhage more good players we can ill afford to lose.
      Wouldn't rank him that high. :lmao:
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 36,033 posts | 3961 
      Reply #26: Oct 29, 2010 08:47:05 pm
      John Henry can say what he likes.  If players want to go then they will go (See Mascherano).

A second third rate manager and no significant investment in the team is not going to do it.

Remember these players have been promised investment by the previous shysters so they are looking for actions now not words.

Let's see some action John Henry or the team will hemorrhage more good players we can ill afford to lose.
      As you point out everyone including the new owners are aware of the disproportionate amount of horseshit dispensed by the previous regime and Roy whether he likes it or not is a part of that deal.
      It will take time to get back on an even keel and with the forming of a new board in the offing we can only hold off and see what transpires but any spontaneous actions would be ill judged and to the clubs eventual detriment.
      what-a-hit-son
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,501 posts | 4840 
      • t: @MrPrice1979 i: @klmprice101518
      Reply #27: Oct 29, 2010 08:57:47 pm

No offence mate but I think that's a daft quote on this thread (I agree but I have posted my thoughts on the relevant threads).

The story regarding Pepe and Nando was put out by a guy who I think, if my memory serves me right, learnt his trade at the 'N**s O* T** W***d' (nuff said) but I find it very comforting that Henry and Hodgson have both made a point of letting everybody know that it is not going to happen and that there will be positive movement within the transfer market come January.

Although I am not a fan of Roy's I can't help but think that no matter what comment he makes now, it may well be made to look stupid whether it is or whether it isn't.

I must say though that Henry's comments are pulling all of the right strings. Of course I can't help thinking 'once bitten twice shy' when it comes to American owners but I have a feeling about this guy. For sure he is going to tell us what we want to hear at these early stages but I do honestly feel that the man wants for the club exactly the same as what us fans want.

Sheppy
      • Forum Erik Meijer

• 29 posts | -8 
      Reply #28: Oct 29, 2010 09:03:49 pm
      Actions speak louder than words. I just hope Mr Henry backs up his promises with transfer cash as it's obvious we need strengthening in January.
      billythered
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 10,966 posts | 5022 
      • From Doubters to Champions of the World
      Reply #29: Oct 29, 2010 11:12:02 pm
      John Henry can say what he likes.  If players want to go then they will go (See Mascherano).

Disagree Oldred, Masch went cos his 'bi*ch' said so and hated the weather, not only that the then cancerous owners did'nt give a flying F**k who left, and although i agree with you concerning Roy he is powerless anyhow, as for us heamorraging anymore players i think Mr Henry has just nipped that one, i suggest you be a little more patient with our new owners, it seems they are on the ball more than you think, i'm liking it.
      Adryan
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,704 posts | 378 
      • Cut my veins open and I bleed Liverpool Red.
      Reply #30: Oct 29, 2010 11:34:30 pm
      If that's the case, we have to also bring in better quality players and start challenging for trophies. The likes of Nando and Pepe aren't going to stay committed even though we know how much they love the club, us and the city.

If we're having seasons like this in the future, it's a season wasted for them.
      MishunTheRed
      • Forum Michael Robinson

• 53 posts |
      Reply #31: Oct 30, 2010 12:23:50 am
      How long's John Henry going to want to keep bailing out Roy Hodgson when he makes PR F**k-ups?

Honestly. Henry's only been here 5 minutes and he's already more clued up than Roy.

It's embarassing.
      Garett
      • Forum Graeme Souness

• 377 posts |
      Reply #32: Oct 30, 2010 12:43:05 am
      Prolly RH is still around coz they cant find anyone better.
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 36,033 posts | 3961 
      Reply #33: Oct 30, 2010 09:36:53 am
      Prolly RH is still around coz they cant find anyone better.
      There will be no major upheavals until the board is in place.
      waltonl4
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 37,627 posts | 7146 
      Reply #34: Oct 30, 2010 12:48:56 pm
      There will be no major upheavals until the board is in place.
      there is a quote which eludes me in its entirety to do with Rome burning which basically means whilst they are F***ing around with the board we are slipping out of any possible contention for the CL and possibly will get relegated. Get your fingers out get on with it do something  FFS. There are people on hear old and wiser than me some are younger and more knowledgeable but one thing that the vast majority agree is that Roy has to go doing nothing is not a good option.
      redkenny
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 24,912 posts | 1058 
      • 97 - Always Remembered
      Reply #35: Oct 30, 2010 01:01:24 pm

Wrapped my thoughts up in that post. Spot on.

Although it is good to hear positive words from JH.
      chats
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,454 posts | 2848 
      Reply #36: Oct 30, 2010 01:26:15 pm
      Actions not words, Mr Henry.
      redkop63
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 6,890 posts | 455 
      Reply #37: Oct 30, 2010 02:10:03 pm
      Hopefully, someone can remind Mr. Henry we're still rooted at the relegation zone and not in the top 3 spot. Some drastic actions must take place now if we're to climb the league and secure a champion league spot. Situation is very tight, we can climb the table in matter of a few weeks with the right results, Mr. henry must give Roy an earful that he demands nothing but results, that may force Roy to play attacking football and not, as some has mentioned Roy FC.
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 36,033 posts | 3961 
      Reply #38: Oct 30, 2010 02:50:11 pm
      there is a quote which eludes me in its entirety to do with Rome burning which basically means whilst they are F***ing around with the board we are slipping out of any possible contention for the CL and possibly will get relegated. Get your fingers out get on with it do something  FFS. There are people on hear old and wiser than me some are younger and more knowledgeable but one thing that the vast majority agree is that Roy has to go doing nothing is not a good option.
      Know what you're saying mate about tooling about while the the club goes from bad to worse but the wrong move now could have serious implications for the club, take for instance the managers situation if he were to be dispatched out of hand the club would be open to litigation and contractual issues - better playing it by the book and not jumping out of the frying pan blah blah blah.
      The previous gobs***e owners had in place measures to prevent an easy takeover and NESV having overcome the initial hurdles are now in the process of eradicating the last traces of H&G.
      waltonl4
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 37,627 posts | 7146 
      Reply #39: Oct 30, 2010 04:04:19 pm
      I dont think we have the option to hang about and hope for a change of fortunes. You dont spend £300mil and then start wondering how to run the company you have just bought. Roy can go for £3mil and that seems common knowledge and I would happily accept Kenny until Jan or until the end of the season or until the fat lady sings.
      So somewhere else I read that Roy is here until the end of the season WTF. You cant run a football club like a balance sheet there is a lot of risk taking based on experience as well as good judgement. If you wait for everything to be in alignment before making a decision on when to buy when to sell when to fire etc then we are doomed because we will never ever get to that point. buy a player like Torres for £23 mil there is a risk spend £23mil on Babel then we would have wasted all of that money. That is what Rafa complained about football isnt a science its an emotional game that needs people to trust that you can still make good judgement calls based on experience and emotion thats why you need a board that understands not only finance but football.
      ozi_wozzy
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,552 posts | 304 
      Reply #40: Oct 30, 2010 09:09:23 pm
      All well and good, and delighted to hear it.

However, it should the MANAGER saying these things, but instead he states "I can't make any promises"

Hopefully this press release is a sign of things moving towards a new manager soon.

too true my king. rafa would have been doing this. roy's got no balls, that's the problem. if he's not out there fighting people off and protecting the players from this kind of inflammotary and destructive media comments, where are the players supposed to get inspiration from? he's not winning their respect with this type of behaviour.

still, mr henry seems to be saying the right things so far. time will tell if he will make good on his words.

Quick Reply