Trending Topics

Next match: Betis v LFC [Friendly] Sat 27th Jul @ 12:30 am
      Acrisure Stadium

Today is the 16th of June and on this date LFC's match record is P1 W1 D0 L0

The final battle

Read 8821 times
      Alicus
      • Forum Ian Callaghan
      • Started Topic

• 988 posts | 15 
      The final battle
      Oct 29, 2010 12:51:32 pm
      Money issues solved; new owners who want to go forward with the club and re-unite it with the fans.. Sounds like a fresh start.

Sadly it's not entirely fresh. We still have a negative minded manager who alienates both players and fans. His ego is getting way out of hand, and he is so un-Liverpool it's disgusting. Anyways to the point.. I think we should start one last email campaign, to NESV and the board and even the press. Hodgson needs to go. Would be nice if someone types up an email & includes all the recipients so we can get started with the finall blow for a new Liverpool.
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 39,687 posts | 6981 
      Re: The final battle
      Reply #1: Oct 29, 2010 02:56:21 pm
      Sorry.  There is no way on Earth we are going to even contemplate some kind of email campaign against the manager on this forum.

Topic Locked.
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 39,687 posts | 6981 
      Reply #2: Oct 29, 2010 03:06:22 pm
      The opening poster asked me why I locked the topic as launching an email campaign was apparently a valid idea.

So I have decided to unlock this topic to see what happens.
      Alicus
      • Forum Ian Callaghan
      • Started Topic

• 988 posts | 15 
      Reply #3: Oct 29, 2010 03:08:19 pm
      Thanks for unlocking, i realize the concept of making a campaign against a manager is at first sight somewhat inappropriate, but i don't really recognize Hodgson as a Liverpool manager. He has never done anything for us; he actually insulted our intelligence on several occasions. Alienated both us and the players. Plays with sh*t tactics, gets crappy results and then says we were outstanding when we get a goalless draw.

We already made campaigns against the owners and they were forced out, and it was in order to move on with the club. So let's do it one last time, or do we want all these efforts gone for nothing?
      KennyIsKing
      • Banned

• 4,628 posts | 129 
      Reply #4: Oct 29, 2010 03:09:28 pm
      I'm pretty sure the owners are aware of our concerns about woy.

They are still getting settled in, but I would expect woy to be replaced sooner rather than later.

then we'll see woy slagging us in the press.
      RedLFCBlood
      Reply #5: Oct 29, 2010 03:09:53 pm
      For all I do not think Roy Hodgsonm is the man to lead us forward, an e-mail campaign would not sit too comfortably with the majority of fans and for that reason would not gain too much momentum or have a significant effect for that very reason.
      chats
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,521 posts | 2874 
      Reply #6: Oct 29, 2010 03:10:02 pm
      Can't agree with this to be honest.

I'm out.
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 39,687 posts | 6981 
      Reply #7: Oct 29, 2010 03:18:56 pm
      Booing is bad enough.  The chanting of Dalglish was moderately acceptable.

Personally, I would never engage in any direct action campaign to remove a manager or player from the club.  It just isn't the Liverpool way of doing things.

Liverpool have exceptionally high standards on the pitch to maintain an illustrious history.  The press and media deliver their verdict far more powerfully than we can in the form of the League Table. 

Alicus
      • Forum Ian Callaghan
      • Started Topic

• 988 posts | 15 
      Reply #8: Oct 29, 2010 03:35:32 pm
      Yet we have committed to direct action against the owners, so why not against a manager who hasn't done sh*t for us?
      waltonl4
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 37,791 posts | 7190 
      Reply #9: Oct 29, 2010 03:37:47 pm
      Its a bit hypocritical to say that a email campaign would be direct when most comments directly ask him to be removed and we also have a poll asking if he is the rightman.
      I think it is a sign of how badly he has done that we are prepared to openly ask the board to remove him. I really hope that it doesnt come to that but as he has already stated he will NEVER resign ,if we  feel strongly enough about him leaving what other actions are open to us. If we loose the next couple of games which is a distinct possibilty we will be in sh*t street what then.
      Flipmode
      • Forum Dean Saunders

• 61 posts |
      Reply #10: Oct 29, 2010 03:56:57 pm
      I think we should at least give him till December.

I think we need a manager who plays attacking football, but getting rid of a manger this early into a campaign is just not the Liverpool way.
      For sure the new owners will want their own Manager and whether it will be this December or the summer will depend on the forthcoming results.

If you look at the table we're 3 wins away from the top 4
      Arsenal, Man City and Man U. If we won those 3 we would be sitting there and no way is our squad better than theirs atm.

So all(ahem) we need is to put a run together, and for Roy to get his act together and stop being so pessimistic!
      I think its a confidence issue heavily tainted by our negative tactics.

I think Roy was always meant to be a stop gap manager until the new owner came in anyway.

Baustinsali08
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,514 posts | 29 
      Reply #11: Oct 29, 2010 03:59:18 pm
      Yet we have committed to direct action against the owners, so why not against a manager who hasn't done sh*t for us?

There is a big difference between the past owners and our interim manager.
      Iano92
      • Forum Ian Callaghan

• 958 posts |
      Reply #12: Oct 29, 2010 04:01:33 pm
      It's 100% disgusting I would have nothing to do with it and any Liverpool supporter who thinks this is a good idea is not a supporter in my opinion.
      Alicus
      • Forum Ian Callaghan
      • Started Topic

• 988 posts | 15 
      Reply #13: Oct 29, 2010 04:05:28 pm
      It's 100% disgusting I would have nothing to do with it and any Liverpool supporter who thinks this is a good idea is not a supporter in my opinion.

And why may that be?

I support Liverpool, the club. Liverpool FC. Not Hodgson FC.
      Dave70
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,536 posts | 76 
      Reply #14: Oct 29, 2010 04:11:15 pm
      TBH I think an email campaign would have to be a last resort tactic. While I agree that he is not the right man for the job and should be removed ASAP, I also think our owners will be more than aware of the fans opinion of him and our position in the table is pretty plain for all to see.

NESV, I'm sure, will be already making moves behind closed doors to fix this current problem. They are quite shrewd business men after all and will not want the current situation to go on longer than necessary. They keep saying that they want us to be winners and they will be able to see for themselves Roy does not fit into this category.

I think we should be a little more patient and give them time to rectify this issue before engaging in any such campaign.
      racerx34
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 33,683 posts | 3904 
      • THE SALT IN THE SOUP
      Reply #15: Oct 29, 2010 04:19:09 pm
      It's a bit premature to be lining up such a campaign. We have all be expressive in our desire to have a higher calibre manager appointed at the club. The new owners seem to be doing there homework on all aspects of the club right now and as such should be given the time to make the crucial decisions.

Some on here have already been in contact with those close to J Henry, so I would say have some patience. Things will come right for us
      Reprobate
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 11,055 posts | 436 
      • Avatar by Kitster29@Deviantart.com
      Reply #16: Oct 29, 2010 04:26:57 pm
      I'm hoping we've seen the back of email campaigns for a long long time. If we're going to launch one every time we see something we don't like in the club then we will indeed become an 'irritating noise' and they would become completely ineffective anyway. I just want to go back to the old ways of having a good bi*ch about things between fans and trusting in the owners to do the right thing.
      waltonl4
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 37,791 posts | 7190 
      Reply #17: Oct 29, 2010 04:30:05 pm
      It's a bit premature to be lining up such a campaign. We have all be expressive in our desire to have a higher calibre manager appointed at the club. The new owners seem to be doing there homework on all aspects of the club right now and as such should be given the time to make the crucial decisions.

Some on here have already been in contact with those close to J Henry, so I would say have some patience. Things will come right for us

It took nearly  3 years of sitting around to get shut  of Hicks and Gillette will you be happy for Roy to be here in 3 years.
      I am uneasy about a direct approach but given the number of postings calling him allsorts of bafoons ( my particular favourite) it doesnt seem to far a stretch to ask for him to be removed as if they (the owners )check any of the forums they will see 75%+ want him out.
      If the owners continue their vow of silence I can see things getting very vocal and direct by the Chelsea game if Bolton turn us over tomorrow.
      stooby
      • Forum Kevin Keegan

• 339 posts | 10 
      Reply #18: Oct 29, 2010 04:32:06 pm
      No way i would do this, granted we are not where we want to be but such a campaign at this time is not the answer. i,m out.
      harrydunn08
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 5,930 posts | 971 
      Reply #19: Oct 29, 2010 04:32:49 pm
      The campaign against the owners was necessary, because they were at the top of the totem pole and were responsible for the heap of sh*t we found our club in.  However, new owners have been tasked with the responsibility of taking the club forward.  I don't feel Roy is the right man for the job, but I am behind the team 100% and want to see us win every time we take the field.  If NESV relieves Roy of his post, they will do so when the time is right.  I am giving my backing to them to make the right decisions to take the club forward.  If they do not uphold their end of the bargain, then we can resort to protests and email campaigns.  Until then, get behind the team, the staff, and the owners and show them why LFC fans are the best fans in the world!

YNWA
      billythered
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 10,990 posts | 5048 
      • From Doubters to Champions of the World
      Reply #20: Oct 29, 2010 04:45:26 pm
      No way should we resort to this type of action, We are Liverpool FC, we do not force anyone from our club,With the exception of H & G, Roy has to be given the benefit of the doubt as far as the new owners are concerned and i think they will do just that, how can we say we stand above all other fans if we go down this route, this is yet another example of the new type of fan that seem to be establishing themselves with this club, no disrespect Alicus but that is not the Liverpool way, you do make some good points however and most will agree with your sentiments including myself, but this is purely down to the owners and we must trust them to deliver the right decision whenever that happens, until then tho we still have to back our manager despite our feelings towards his methods, i am most definately against this type of action. YNWA
      Passportboy
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,608 posts | 109 
      • Yippeeeee
      Reply #21: Oct 29, 2010 04:48:02 pm
      Hey - If you want to take direct action against a manager thats your call... I dont like Woy, im not his biggert fan. I did think it could work, but hell, we have all been wrong before!

I can slate the owners, investors, banks and potiential backers - but the manager? Thats too far for me, I just couldnt stomach that.

In my best Duncan Bannatine - Im out
      shabbadoo
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 29,481 posts | 4596 
      Reply #22: Oct 29, 2010 04:52:15 pm
      Just spray paint the walls outside melwood!

Nesv know what the fans are capable of and going about an email campaign to get shot of woy will certainley undermime what they are trying to achieve.

Put it this way before the takeover was announced do you not think they done thier homework of woy and what the fans felt towards his appointment.

This one is for nesv to call.

Quick Reply