Trending Topics

Next match: Betis v LFC [Friendly] Sat 27th Jul @ 12:30 am
      Acrisure Stadium

Today is the 16th of June and on this date LFC's match record is P0 W0 D0 L0

The final battle

Read 8822 times
      Dancho
      • Forum David Johnson

• 231 posts |
      Re: The final battle
      Reply #23: Oct 29, 2010 04:52:44 pm
      I am really glad that the majority of you guys are against such actions. I also thing that this would not be the right thing to do. There is a line between boycotting the owners and the team. Although we all do not like Roy, he is part of the team, we may have different views on tactics, style, performance but we can not start campaigns for such things.
      queuepolitely
      • Forum Billy Liddell

• 575 posts | 27 
      Reply #24: Oct 29, 2010 04:55:48 pm
      Does not sit well with me either but again reinforces the need for supporter representation on the board, we are the fans and should have a say in our club. While I believe NESV have a great business pedigree they do not have a clue about football and I believe Henry admitted as much, they need help and the fans should represent part of the planning and decision making process, we should be a stakeholder in this.
      iwantfernandosbabies
      • Forum Jason McAteer

• 147 posts |
      Reply #25: Oct 29, 2010 05:01:23 pm
      new owners who want to go forward with the club and re-unite it with the fans..

Precisely.

So let the new owners do their job, and hire the right manager at the right time.

Count me well and truly out.
      skolRED
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,178 posts | 265 
      Reply #26: Oct 29, 2010 05:37:42 pm
      IMO, doing so (the e-mail campaign against Roy) is not help much, even could making us look worse for other people around the world (not Liverpool supporters) so like many opinions above, give our new owner a bit more time for them to decide on this. I did not believe the new owner now happy with Roy's performance on the pitch the same we the fans do.
      Red Kenny
      • Forum Ronnie Moran

• 384 posts | 13 
      Reply #27: Oct 29, 2010 05:45:18 pm
      Precisely.

So let the new owners do their job, and hire the right manager at the right time.

When is the right time though? That's the problem, I am truly scared of the damage he will do this club, should he still be here in January. He's already speaking on the Echo as spending "big", and god knows how many players he will of get rid of, so he can bring in yet more 30plus Fulham type players. While I don't agree with an e-mail campaign, I can see something kicking off, if he isn't removed soon.   
      gazza31
      • Banned

• 2,751 posts | 35 
      Reply #28: Oct 29, 2010 05:47:46 pm
      Why we are at it let's send an email saying who should start every game , why stop there let's decide who we want to buy and bombard them until they give in. How about who should be on the subs bench let's have full control F**k it.

corballyred
      • Banned

• 17,707 posts | 307 
      Reply #29: Oct 29, 2010 05:47:49 pm
      Hodgson at the very most will be here till the Summer I suspect though he will be gone by January. No need for this.
      iwantfernandosbabies
      • Forum Jason McAteer

• 147 posts |
      Reply #30: Oct 29, 2010 05:56:54 pm
      When is the right time though? That's the problem, I am truly scared of the damage he will do this club, should he still be here in January. He's already speaking on the Echo as spending "big", and god knows how many players he will of get rid of, so he can bring in yet more 30plus Fulham type players. While I don't agree with an e-mail campaign, I can see something kicking off, if he isn't removed soon.   

Fair point.

If he is still here after January/at the end of the season, something like this will be a lot more reasonable that it is right now.

And I know i'll get knocked for this, but Roy's potential impact on the January transfer market is being HUGELY blown out of proportion. Our most important additions will most likely be next summer. And assuming that our targets are all "30plus Fulham type players" isn't just showing a lack of faith in Hodgson, it's also showing a lack of faith in all of the club scouts and the new owners. Assuming he will go for the same players now when he has reasonable funds, as he did when he had virtually no funds, is something i think even Roy isn't stupid enough to do.

I'm not a hodgson supporter. But I am not willing to start bombarding our brand new owners, who have stated already that they will do what is right for the club and what the fans want, with these type of campaigns.

I know its infuriating, and Hodgson clearly isnt the man for our future. But try and have some patience with NESV, I'm confident they will do what is right.
      red_squirrel
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,131 posts | 15 
      Reply #31: Oct 29, 2010 05:59:42 pm

I wouldn't get involved in a campaign but I echo the concerns.  I would guess Roy has a list of distinctly average transfer targets along the lines of Poulsen and Konchesky (e.g. Carlton Cole) and this cannot be allowed to happen.

I'd much rather Mr Henry be alerted to our feelings about a certain Mr Aquilani returning!
      RedPuppy
      • Still European.
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 19,270 posts | 2859 
      • Parum Rutilus Canis: Illegitimi non carborundum
      Reply #32: Oct 29, 2010 06:01:21 pm
      Lazy. You want someone else to get the e-mail address, and format a letter for your idea. FFS!

No this is ridiculas, never heard the like.

JD was 100% spot on. This should be locked and deleted.
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,372 posts | 4973 
      Reply #33: Oct 29, 2010 06:10:25 pm
      I don't think Hodgson is the right man for us but I am totally against an email campaign to get rid of him.

It's the owners job to appoint the best man for the job and the League Table will not lie, even if we do have to be patiant. I would rather they got a new manager in pretty soon who will build for the future but I'm sure if we are still in this position at Decemeber the owners will act accordingly.

An email campaign against the owners was right as they were destroying the club but Roy is only doing the job he was appointed to do to the best of his ability. I don't think for one minute that he is not trying to get the team to do well it's just his methods are clearly not right for this club.
      Frankly, Mr Shankly
      Reply #34: Oct 29, 2010 06:13:50 pm
      This is completely wrong and is not the Liverpool way. Where are your principles man?
      staffletop
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 679 posts | 29 
      Reply #35: Oct 29, 2010 06:19:30 pm
      For all I do not think Roy Hodgsonm is the man to lead us forward, an e-mail campaign would not sit too comfortably with the majority of fans and for that reason would not gain too much momentum or have a significant effect for that very reason.

Exactly.
      David Wright
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 5,333 posts | 774 
      Reply #36: Oct 29, 2010 06:22:51 pm
      Think it would be totally wrong to start any sort of campaign against RH, although fully realising he is not the right person for the Liverpool manager's position patience is virtue until the right choice is made, by the new owners.
      LFCexiled
      Reply #37: Oct 29, 2010 06:51:22 pm
      There is a big difference between the past owners and our interim manager.

and.....

Precisely.

Sooner rather than later.

The email campaign was righteous, Hodgson will dig his own hole of mediocrity by being just that.
      TKIDLLTK
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 8,362 posts | 158 
      Reply #38: Oct 29, 2010 07:10:14 pm
      An email campaign to prevent Hicks refinancing? Proud to say I was part of that.
      An email campaign to get rid of our manager...? No way.  No matter how bad he is.
      andylfcynwa
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,367 posts | 1638 
      Reply #39: Oct 29, 2010 07:15:33 pm
      If they are as pro active as they say the owners will already know what most fans think of him and they will already know his limitations, he will be brought down by his own actions and words, he already makes himself out to look like a tit with his comments ,they wont need our help to get rid of him, with a bit of luck that process is under way already, although i dont think it will be any time soon.

count me out.   
      ORCHARD RED
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 8,526 posts | 1457 
      • 6 Times!
      Reply #40: Oct 29, 2010 07:17:25 pm
      I think the idea of starting an email campain to oust the manager (whom I don't think is the right man ) is also very "un-Liverpool like". I cannot support this action, I'm out.

I don't hate the man but he' not good enough for us. The owners will see this.
      « Last Edit: Oct 29, 2010 07:37:49 pm by ORCHARD RED »
      vitez
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,701 posts | 156 
      Reply #41: Oct 29, 2010 07:28:28 pm
      Pretty much echoing what everyone else has said.  It's a no from me, keep monitoring the situation for now but I'm confident NESV will handle this the right way.  He'll be gone in a few weeks max.
      clint_call01
      • King Live Match Starter
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 11,732 posts | 3742 
      • Ynwa... lfc till I die !
      Reply #42: Oct 29, 2010 07:31:33 pm
      I was one of the first to tell people to support him before he made decisions. But you are right to critise him and i will back you and your idea. But starting a campaign against him isn't right. We knoe that that is not the way of lfc.

NESV know the situation with our manager but they won't rush decision before they are 100% sure, and I agree with it.
      GERNS
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 12,388 posts | 1543 
      Reply #43: Oct 29, 2010 08:49:52 pm
      I think we should at least give him till December.

I think we need a manager who plays attacking football, but getting rid of a manger this early into a campaign is just not the Liverpool way.
      For sure the new owners will want their own Manager and whether it will be this December or the summer will depend on the forthcoming results.

If you look at the table we're 3 wins away from the top 4
      Arsenal, Man City and Man U. If we won those 3 we would be sitting there and no way is our squad better than theirs atm.

So all(ahem) we need is to put a run together, and for Roy to get his act together and stop being so pessimistic!
      I think its a confidence issue heavily tainted by our negative tactics.

I think Roy was always meant to be a stop gap manager until the new owner came in anyway.

That's only if we are winning, and everyone between us and fourth are losing !
      red trooper
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,854 posts | 69 
      • and don't be afraid of the dark
      Reply #44: Oct 29, 2010 09:09:43 pm
      John Henry is no fool ,he will be monitoring the way the players perform and how they are managed ,it doesn't take a rocket scientist to realise this job is too big for Roy ...think he may be the recipient of an e-mail from John Henry ....bye Roy
      Singh_YNWA
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,071 posts |
      Reply #45: Oct 29, 2010 10:40:27 pm
      I personally think he will be gone before the Jan window comes along..

I am pretty sure John W Henry is aware of our opinions againsts him....

Matter of time people...

Quick Reply