Trending Topics

Next match: Betis v LFC [Friendly] Sat 27th Jul @ 12:30 am
      Acrisure Stadium

Today is the 16th of June and on this date LFC's match record is P0 W0 D0 L0

The final battle

Read 8824 times
      LFC-LCFC
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,766 posts | 128 
      • Adopted Scouser
      Re: The final battle
      Reply #69: Oct 30, 2010 07:43:50 pm
      Never actively campaign against someone at LFC who have not intentionally done any wrong doing to the club or the fans.

Reira and the Yanks obviously do not fit the above criteria. Sadly, Hodgson does. Sing Rafa's name. Sing Kenny's name. Do not sing Roy's name. Booing is borderline and not something I agree with personally.
      « Last Edit: Oct 30, 2010 07:54:19 pm by LFC-LCFC »
      bigvYNWA
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,795 posts | 994 
      Reply #70: Oct 30, 2010 08:13:31 pm
      ;D - This forum/thread is like the People's Front of Judea.......discussions about discussing topics, polls and plans of actions without anything ever getting achieved. Farcical, to say the least!

:roll:

You have no idea, do you? I do not at all agree with this particular point of action, but to say nothing has been achieved?! You obviously w*nk off to your sky subscription and take all of it as gospel eh? Got yourself a Norwich scarf yet?
      daveyd
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,670 posts | 35 
      • Jürgen Klopp to take us back to the top
      Reply #71: Oct 30, 2010 08:26:59 pm
      ;D - This forum/thread is like the People's Front of Judea.......discussions about discussing topics, polls and plans of actions without anything ever getting achieved. Farcical, to say the least!
      Another muppet on here trying to stir it. Do one you tw*t.
      MIRO
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,989 posts | 3124 
      • Trust The Universe
      Reply #72: Oct 30, 2010 09:38:19 pm
      Whatever we feel about Hodgson they are a few points to consider...

We are only two weeks in from our greatest victory... getting rid finally of the wrong owners for this club.
      This is not a time or place to transfer our blood lust onto an individual.

We are not his employers NESV are. They will be only too aware of Hodgson's performance to date.

They will be also only too aware of getting all the info and buzz going, so it is clear to them what we think of RH. Look at the Poll and the votes on here.

They will be only too aware of the financial ramifications to the club if a Contract is terminated.

They will be only too aware of the greater  financial ramifications to the club if a Contract is not terminated if league position is at risk.

We dont know the Contract.
      We are only second guessing Martin Broughtons comments.  If the date of the expiry of the break clause is as I have entered below on the "signature" line and to not take decisive action could risk us our Premiership position or even an outside chance of getting a CL berth then I have every confidence that they will take it.
      therapy2004
      • Forum Jason McAteer

• 145 posts |
      Reply #73: Oct 30, 2010 09:48:07 pm
      Yet we have committed to direct action against the owners, so why not against a manager who hasn't done sh*t for us?

The 'owners' did not care if they destroyed the club, the same can not be said for Hodgson.  I'm far from impressed with his tactics so far and gutted to see us in the bottom three, but Hodgson is not willfully trying to wreck the club I love.  For me, it's a question of intent.  If a person walks up to me and punches me, I'm likely to be mightily pissed off; if somebody accidentally bumps into me and apologises, my reaction will be very different.  To be honest, the idea of an email campaign against Hodgson is embarrassing.  This club had a history of handling itself with decorum and class; the Hicks and Gilette era changed that, we were forced to act to save our club, and that was messy but necessary.  Now is the time to restore our club as one that people respect and admire.  Some tacky and disproportionate email campaign against the manager isn't the Liverpool way. 

If Hodgson continues to fail, despite his best efforts, then I'm confident he will be sacked, and that may well be the best thing for us, but I will definitely not be part of some clumsy campaign against him.
      therapy2004
      • Forum Jason McAteer

• 145 posts |
      Reply #74: Oct 30, 2010 09:52:14 pm

The People's Front of Judea!  Fark orf, we're the Judean People's Front!
      RedRoy
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,483 posts | 88 
      Reply #75: Oct 30, 2010 11:36:13 pm
      The People's Front of Judea!  Fark orf, we're the Judean People's Front!
      About right mate,but surely is it not Scal Quaeda?
      Whatever we feel about Hodgson they are a few points to consider...

We are only two weeks in from our greatest victory... getting rid finally of the wrong owners for this club.
      This is not a time or place to transfer our blood lust onto an individual.

We are not his employers NESV are. They will be only too aware of Hodgson's performance to date.

They will be also only too aware of getting all the info and buzz going, so it is clear to them what we think of RH. Look at the Poll and the votes on here.

They will be only too aware of the financial ramifications to the club if a Contract is terminated.

They will be only too aware of the greater  financial ramifications to the club if a Contract is not terminated if league position is at risk.

We dont know the Contract.
      We are only second guessing Martin Broughtons comments.  If the date of the expiry of the break clause is as I have entered below on the "signature" line and to not take decisive action could risk us our Premiership position or even an outside chance of getting a CL berth then I have every confidence that they will take it.
      Mates this is not a battle,the incompetent old tw*t will hang himself.No need to abuse our beliefs for this nomark.
      MIRO
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,989 posts | 3124 
      • Trust The Universe
      Reply #76: Oct 31, 2010 12:32:10 am
      Mates this is not a battle,the incompetent old tw*t will hang himself.

Agree. He is doing it
      RedRoy
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,483 posts | 88 
      Reply #77: Oct 31, 2010 12:38:58 am
      Skip mate ,we all know who the "warriors" are,so I have no problem in backing off until we are needed.
      Iano92
      • Forum Ian Callaghan

• 958 posts |
      Reply #78: Oct 31, 2010 01:11:52 am
      So we are marching to the Reebok stadium in protest against Roy....  :f_whistle:  :f_whistle:

clint_call01
      • King Live Match Starter
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 11,732 posts | 3742 
      • Ynwa... lfc till I die !
      Reply #79: Oct 31, 2010 06:19:15 am
      I think leaving it open was the best thing to do. Now it's plain for all to see that those who would be willing to take part in such action are in a tiny minority and it's not just a bad idea because JD says so.
      Hopefully now anyone with similar ideas will read this thread and realise it's a non-starter.
      That was the best way to see how we, the fans, feel.
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      • TU TA LOUCO? FILHO DA PUTA!
      Reply #80: Oct 31, 2010 06:38:23 am
      I'm not his biggest fan, in fact i'm one of his biggest haters, but i wouldn't feel comfortable getting involved in something like this.

We're fans and supporters and have been taught how to deal with things.

On the forum we can air our opinions and such but a direct campaign against a manager is demeaning and 'playing God' in a way. Doesn't sit right with me.
      ORCHARD RED
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 8,526 posts | 1457 
      • 6 Times!
      Reply #81: Oct 31, 2010 07:40:44 am
      Maybe a poll would put this topic to bed once and for all!
      Wonder how that would go?? :f_tongueincheek:
      RedLFCBlood
      Reply #82: Oct 31, 2010 09:18:04 am
      I've been informed this morning that there will be no change in the management or coaching staff at the club until the boardroom has been fully assembled. NESV do not want to jump the gun on any footballing decisions without having the appropriate people in place to assist in making such decisions as any changes they make at the club, will obviously have a direct impact on the future success they hope to achieve both on the field and off it.
      alsmal
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,539 posts | 34 
      • Right or wrong, its MY opinion.
      Reply #83: Oct 31, 2010 10:46:37 am
      I honestly believe that his poor results speak for themselves and unfortunately for the team and the supporters, Roy may be found out far too late.  The fact we are languishing down the bottom of the table is surely as much the players fault as the managers in some cases?
      I have been to games where the players strolled round looking so disinterested (Blackpool, Everton for instance) and it annoyed me that much I left early.
      Is that the manager's fault?  Not sure but it can't help when he looks tactically naive and out of his depth, lying to the media about "best performances" when to anyone with eyes knows they were awful.
      crzy_jkr@u
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,774 posts | 29 
      • Rebuilding a legacy...Trust, Will, Pride, Respect.
      Reply #84: Oct 31, 2010 10:48:20 am
      I've been informed this morning that there will be no change in the management or coaching staff at the club until the boardroom has been fully assembled. NESV do not want to jump the gun on any footballing decisions without having the appropriate people in place to assist in making such decisions as any changes they make at the club, will obviously have a direct impact on the future success they hope to achieve both on the field and off it.

Who sponsors your dreams blood?
      Iano92
      • Forum Ian Callaghan

• 958 posts |
      Reply #85: Oct 31, 2010 11:05:16 am

She has you whipped  :f_tongueincheek:
      MIRO
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,989 posts | 3124 
      • Trust The Universe
      Reply #86: Oct 31, 2010 11:44:44 am
      Skip mate ,we all know who the "warriors" are,so I have no problem in backing off until we are needed.

Aye. Keep our powder dry for now.
      A proud member of Scal Qaeda to another.
      I salute you Sir.
       ;D
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,517 posts | 8685 
      Reply #87: Oct 31, 2010 01:03:43 pm
      We don't need an e-mail campaign against Woy, for the simple reason he's doing a fine job of F***ing things up on his own.

Everytime the old fart speaks he's just digging his grave further.
      Red Barrovian
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,356 posts | 77 
      Reply #88: Nov 14, 2010 01:26:56 am
      I decided to bump this up, as I was thinking about it today.

I don't really feel comfortable getting involved in something like this, but I now believe that some sort of action has to be taken by us - the supporters - to get him out, given JH's recent comments about having 'no issues' with Hodgson as manager. It's certainly a fine dilemma.

Quick Reply