Trending Topics

Next match: Betis v LFC [Friendly] Sat 27th Jul @ 12:30 am
      Acrisure Stadium

Today is the 16th of June and on this date LFC's match record is P0 W0 D0 L0

Roy on Dalglish

Read 7999 times
      Ann_Field
      • Forum Ronnie Moran

• 390 posts |
      Re: Roy on Dalglish
      Reply #46: Oct 31, 2010 07:19:35 pm
      Does anyone know what planet Roy is from?
      Baustinsali08
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,514 posts | 29 
      Reply #47: Oct 31, 2010 08:56:53 pm
      Does anyone know what planet Roy is from?

Wenus?
      Dannylfc
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 5,010 posts | 174 
      • Always in our shadow.
      Reply #48: Oct 31, 2010 09:03:42 pm
      What you did there.. I saw it.

8)
      red_squirrel
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,131 posts | 15 
      Reply #49: Oct 31, 2010 09:29:55 pm
      I keep noticing more and more implicit digs at Rafa in his comments.  I think that shows a total lack of respect for what Rafa achieved with us.  Oh how much longer can this keep going on?  :f_wah:
      Dadorious

• 9,882 posts | 1545 
      Reply #50: Nov 01, 2010 02:57:43 am
      pr**k.
      bigvYNWA
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,795 posts | 994 
      Reply #51: Nov 01, 2010 03:05:24 am
      I really do not like this man. F***ing idiot.
      Madscouser
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,814 posts | 67 
      Reply #52: Nov 01, 2010 07:36:35 am
      Woy, have a word with yourself.

It's not big, it's not clever, and hopefully it's you who won't be around much longer.

Best thing Daglish can do - say nothing.
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 39,687 posts | 6981 
      Reply #53: Nov 01, 2010 10:22:23 am
      It's like some sort of piss take. In his short time at our club (although, not short enough by a long way) he has managed to insult every group of Liverpool player, the fans, Rafa, Kenny and probably more that fail to come to mind at present, as there have been so many insults.

True.

He'll probably start on Shankly and Paisley next week.
      shabbadoo
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 29,481 posts | 4596 
      Reply #54: Nov 01, 2010 11:40:55 am
      True.

Think that will get him lynched JD.
      vitez
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,701 posts | 156 
      Reply #55: Nov 01, 2010 09:54:49 pm
      Benítez slams Hodgson over Dalglish remarks

Former Liverpool boss Rafael Benítez has slammed his successor Roy Hodgson, after he made accusations about Benítez banning club legend Kenny Dalglish.

Benítez, who is back in England as his side Internazionale prepare to face Tottenham Hotspur in the Champions League this week, was asked about Hodgson's comments that he had banned Dalglish from the club's training ground during his tenure.

The Spaniard, who was responsible for bringing back Dalglish to the club, issued a stinging response to the accusations suggesting that Hodgson should be more focused on his job.

"I think that Mr Hodgson, he doesn't understand," Benitez said.

"Every single press conference is even worse than the last one. He's talking about things that he doesn't know.

"And some people cannot see a priest on a mountain of sugar.

"Maybe he hasn't been in Liverpool too long. We gave the fans their pride again. We fought for the fans, we fought for the club and we fought for our players.

"So maybe he cannot understand this.

"I brought back Kenny Dalglish to do a role in the club and Christian Purslow gave him another role.

"He (Hodgson) doesn't know but I will explain it to him.

"So, instead of talking about the flips or the flops, he has to concentrate on his players, try to do his best.

"He has a good job to do."

Once again defending his own record as Liverpool manager during a six-year reign that ended in the summer, Benítez continued: "They've signed nine players.

"With £10million net spending, I left that squad with £300million value, 13 internationals.

"So, instead of talking about flips and flops, he has to concentrate on his job, try to do his best and not talk about the level of his players or the new players.

"Concentrate, try to do your best because it will be the best for the club and it will be the best for the fans."

http://www.soccerway.com/news/2010/November/01/bentez-slams-hodgson-over-dalglish-remarks/
      andylfcynwa
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,367 posts | 1638 
      Reply #56: Nov 01, 2010 10:19:11 pm
      Watched that interview Rafa at his best in front of the media ,you can bet one thing Roy couldnt give a response like that in a month of sunday,s, i bet the fcker is seething over that ,that flips and the flops quote had me in stiches well in Rafa.
      Dadorious

• 9,882 posts | 1545 
      Reply #57: Nov 01, 2010 10:22:53 pm
      Well said Rafa.

Roy's a disgrace!

I know the Rafa bashers are tearing their skin at the fact that Rafa has reacted to Hodgson, just like he did to Cecil. Personally just show's he still cares about and loves this club.

If Roy gets the boot in the short term I am sure is F**k he will not even look back once.
      RedWilly

• 9,224 posts | 1648 
      Reply #58: Nov 01, 2010 10:42:09 pm
      Fair play Rafa. Will be dressed up by the media as an 'attack', but I'm fairly sure Rafa is talking to the Liverpool fans out there, and knows that we will understand him perfectly!
      Dannylfc

• 5,010 posts | 174 
      • Always in our shadow.
      Reply #59: Nov 01, 2010 11:04:14 pm
      Do you think Rafa knows how badly we want him back?
      Mr Bleeds
      • Banned

• 367 posts |
      • Here, have a beer.
      Reply #60: Nov 01, 2010 11:04:54 pm
      Benítez slams Hodgson over Dalglish remarks

Former Liverpool boss Rafael Benítez has slammed his successor Roy Hodgson, after he made accusations about Benítez banning club legend Kenny Dalglish.

Benítez, who is back in England as his side Internazionale prepare to face Tottenham Hotspur in the Champions League this week, was asked about Hodgson's comments that he had banned Dalglish from the club's training ground during his tenure.

The Spaniard, who was responsible for bringing back Dalglish to the club, issued a stinging response to the accusations suggesting that Hodgson should be more focused on his job.

"I think that Mr Hodgson, he doesn't understand," Benitez said.

"Every single press conference is even worse than the last one. He's talking about things that he doesn't know.

"And some people cannot see a priest on a mountain of sugar.

"Maybe he hasn't been in Liverpool too long. We gave the fans their pride again. We fought for the fans, we fought for the club and we fought for our players.

"So maybe he cannot understand this.

"I brought back Kenny Dalglish to do a role in the club and Christian Purslow gave him another role.

"He (Hodgson) doesn't know but I will explain it to him.

"So, instead of talking about the flips or the flops, he has to concentrate on his players, try to do his best.

"He has a good job to do."

Once again defending his own record as Liverpool manager during a six-year reign that ended in the summer, Benítez continued: "They've signed nine players.

"With £10million net spending, I left that squad with £300million value, 13 internationals.

"So, instead of talking about flips and flops, he has to concentrate on his job, try to do his best and not talk about the level of his players or the new players.

"Concentrate, try to do your best because it will be the best for the club and it will be the best for the fans."

http://www.soccerway.com/news/2010/November/01/bentez-slams-hodgson-over-dalglish-remarks/

Rafa thinks his interviews are getting worse and worse as well, he's cringing like the fans are. It is embarrising to hear his interviews I know, he just doesn't 'get it'.
      Frankly, Mr Shankly
      Reply #61: Nov 01, 2010 11:10:09 pm
      Rafa thinks his interviews are getting worse and worse as well, he's cringing like the fans are. It is embarrising to hear his interviews I know, he just doesn't 'get it'.

Rafa's got a lot to say and continues to represent us well. But I'm not having the '13 international' quote. If you look at it - it's 13 low quality internationals bar a couple of absolute gems. But on the whole - this is a slightly rancid affair.
      Harry_Beadles
      • Forum Geoff Strong

• 209 posts |
      • He who laughs last didn't get it.
      Reply #62: Nov 01, 2010 11:20:31 pm
      How is this guy so respected in the media? I really don't understand it. It can't be long before he gets the chop.
      Mr Bleeds
      • Banned

• 367 posts |
      • Here, have a beer.
      Reply #63: Nov 01, 2010 11:21:56 pm
      Still, like Rafa said Roy should concerntrate on his own job. TBF to Rafa, Roy has walked in and made out we need a whole new building process to commence to get things back on track. And while I personally feel Rafa lost his way and things went stale under him Roy only had to come in and put the icing on the cake. Instead he's making out that the team needs an overhaul in everything and he couldn't be further from the truth, he's making out his work to be done (footballing aspects) is actually bigger than it is.
      KennyIsKing
      • Banned

• 4,628 posts | 129 
      Reply #64: Nov 01, 2010 11:25:40 pm
      Hopefully, hodgson will be gone after tomorrows meeting...

Benitez is right, every time he opens his mouth, he puts his foot further in it.
      elnino9_Zii
      • Forum David Johnson

• 220 posts |
      Reply #65: Nov 01, 2010 11:34:54 pm
      Why, Rafa? Why do you have to be so F***ing ace? Why can't you just say "Those Liverpool fans? Buncha c*nts!" and we could all move on, instead of having to listen to how incredibly awesome you actually are every time you open your mouth to speak.

Would it hurt you to just say something twattish once in a while?
      Roddenberry
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 16,568 posts | 1876 
      Reply #66: Nov 01, 2010 11:35:20 pm
      We should all lay off Roy, it's not his fault - just been released on the offal, he has foot-in-mouth disease.   :f_whistle:
      RedRoy
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,483 posts | 88 
      Reply #67: Nov 01, 2010 11:48:05 pm
      We should all lay off Roy, it's not his fault - just been released on the offal, he has foot-in-mouth disease.   :f_whistle:
      Almost right Rodders,but in his case it's complicated by Dementia.By all accounts,his training methods are dated,of course his tactics are as they have always been,negative,and as for his motivation skills,he couldn't even motivate a teenager in a Brothel.Having suffered over 3 years of "Ownership embarassment",we are now saddled with a gobsh*te of a Manager,who is an equal embarassment.Hang your'e head in shame,Purslime.Almost time once again for "Scal Quaeda" to raise it's profile.Over to you,Johnboy.
      « Last Edit: Nov 02, 2010 12:01:26 am by RedRoy »
      Dave70
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,536 posts | 76 
      Reply #68: Nov 01, 2010 11:57:36 pm
      True.

Give him time, I'm sure he won't disappoint. He has insulted everyone else, may as well go for the full house.

Nice comeback from Rafa by the way. He has managed to speak up more for the club/team since leaving, than Roy has since becoming manager. Says a lot about the caliber of both men really.

Quick Reply