Trending Topics

Next match: Villa v LFC [Premier League] Mon 13th May @ 8:00 pm
      Villa Park

Today is the 6th of May and on this date LFC's match record is P15 W8 D1 L6

Interview with Terry McDermott in Norwegian newspaper - what the ...?

Read 6537 times
      RedLFCBlood
      Re: Interview with Terry McDermott in Norwegian newspaper - what the ...?
      Reply #23: Oct 31, 2010 10:57:11 pm
      Ah the Jürgen saga, nothing there that backs his signings or the amount he spent. I am serious would love to see the legends backing rafa but on this point they don't seem to be. As for the point you quoted redblood I agree it was bang out of order for the owners to speak with Jürgen when rafa still in post just the same as if our owners had spoken to Frank why Roy here.

The thing is legends backed Rafa until things went south which was largely contributed to the constraints he was working under, which there is plenty of quotes around if you look for them, which shows the likes of Hansen Lawreson Aldo to be quite fickle, I can remember Aldo sometime last season defending Rafa in the Echo about the figures being touted about what he had spent, then come close season when we'd failed to get tehe champions league, his stance changed to how he was surprised Benitez was not sacked sooner.

So in the same breath whilst Legends are backing Roy now, that support will suddenly turn to wanting him out if he's not getting the results they believe he should be.
      Billy1
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,638 posts | 1966 
      Reply #24: Nov 01, 2010 06:29:48 am
       I am a bit disappointed to see Terry McDermott say those things,he had a brilliant football brain but in this instance he appears to have lost the plot.It is sad when some of our legends give interviews and show that they have lost touch with L.F.C and what our supporters think.
      corballyred
      • Banned

• 17,707 posts | 307 
      Reply #25: Nov 01, 2010 12:04:44 pm
      A piss take Gazza that is what your on.
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,586 posts | 7140 
      Reply #26: Nov 01, 2010 01:44:51 pm
      Terry mc must be back on the bottle again.
      red_squirrel
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,131 posts | 15 
      Reply #27: Nov 01, 2010 03:55:51 pm
      Ah the Jürgen saga, nothing there that backs his signings or the amount he spent. I am serious would love to see the legends backing rafa but on this point they don't seem to be. As for the point you quoted redblood I agree it was bang out of order for the owners to speak with Jürgen when rafa still in post just the same as if our owners had spoken to Frank why Roy here.

Why would they now, it's basically old news.  The only time you'll hear about it is someone gives an 'in depth' interview.  McAteer was another who was always supportive of Rafa (as far as I know) as was Barnesy.  I think typically, those who appear a bit more thoughtful, always knew there was something going on behind the scenes.

patricia39
      • On Trial

• 1 posts |
      Reply #28: Nov 02, 2010 02:47:31 am
      Terry McDermott is a great reporter and I idolized him for that. So when I read that there is an interview about him on the Norwegian newspaper, I read it. And it was a very inspiring to read an article even in a newspaper about your idol.

Quick Reply