Trending Topics

Next match: Villa v LFC [Premier League] Mon 13th May @ 8:00 pm - Pre Match Topic
      Villa Park

Today is the 13th of May and on this date LFC's match record is P16 W7 D4 L5

In comparisons our previous two managers starts 9 games in.

Read 6606 times
      Roddenberry
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 16,568 posts | 1876 
      Re: In comparisons our previous two managers starts 9 games in.
      Reply #23: Oct 24, 2010 01:36:48 am
      Without checking I'd say its fairly safe to assume Roy has not Avhieved thos kinds of stats in his whole 36 years, I may be wrong but I'd place £25.00 quid on it right now.

He may have in the Scandinavian leagues, but considering that he only had a better than 50% win record at one of his club sides, I hazard an educated guess of no. 

reddebs
      • "LFC Hipster"
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,980 posts | 2264 
      Reply #24: Oct 24, 2010 12:13:30 pm
      Hodgson's managerial career off Wiki he achieved above 50% with Copenhagen, Switzerland and Inter.  The Inter figures though are for his 2nd spell and only covers 3 games.

Most of his career his win ratio has been in the 30% with an average of 40.34%
      Timi
      • Forum Billy Liddell

• 608 posts |
      Reply #25: Oct 24, 2010 12:31:25 pm
      Personally for me its not even about the points, its the attitude and the acceptance that our performances have been anything beyond lacklustre. Those other managers at least had some energy about them like they were going to do things with the club, Roy just seems pretty clueless and highly unambitious.
      Have to agree with you. The manner in which we are plodding through games, even the rare ones that we win is embarrassing, and certainly not the way of Liverpool FC.
      Hodgson's footballing ethos couldn't be futher from Houllier's, and to mention Rafa's in the same sentence would be something akin to blaspheming!
      I think many would agree that any new manager needs time and opportunity to gel a team and work out the kinks in order to actualise positive results. But the average LFC fan is no fool, and from a mile off most of us can tell Roy is as baffled as the rest of us as to how the hell we are one of the three worse teams in the top division of English football. As a fan, I can afford to be baffled, that indeed is my prerogative- I'm not paid big bucks to find big-time solutions. For Roy that is a travesty! We don't pay the man a truck load to say "Oh, it will be better next time, you'll see" or something to that effect.

HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,369 posts | 8621 
      Reply #26: Oct 24, 2010 12:33:49 pm
      Let's face it comparisons aren't needed, just take a look at the league table, it speaks volumes.
      MiciG91
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,664 posts | 38 
      Reply #27: Oct 24, 2010 01:49:54 pm

Even worse than Souness !!!!  :mad:
      icemansiva
      • Banned

• 55 posts |
      Reply #28: Oct 24, 2010 02:00:56 pm
      so roy should stay then?
      billythered
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 10,963 posts | 5019 
      • From Doubters to Champions of the World
      Reply #29: Oct 24, 2010 02:39:06 pm
      Yeah, only for the next 90mins though.
      RedLFCBlood
      Reply #30: Oct 25, 2010 11:47:46 am
      Before any one gets their knickers in a twist, I'm not Championing or Advocating for Roy to stay on, but If roy wins against Bolton he equals Houlliers start as Liverpool manager 12 points from 10 games. Coincidentally that Season Houlluiers 11th game was against Chelsea, a match that we won 1-0, even if Roy equals Houlliers record up until 10 games I can't see him equalling 11 games can you ?
      Roddenberry
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 16,568 posts | 1876 
      Reply #31: Oct 26, 2010 12:54:38 am
      Before any one gets their knickers in a twist, I'm not Championing or Advocating for Roy to stay on, but If roy wins against Bolton he equals Houlliers start as Liverpool manager 12 points from 10 games. Coincidentally that Season Houlluiers 11th game was against Chelsea, a match that we won 1-0, even if Roy equals Houlliers record up until 10 games I can't see him equalling 11 games can you ?

Houllier will stay have Roy on goal difference & on the fact that he hadn't alienated fans & players in every press conference.
      Flipmode
      • Forum Dean Saunders

• 61 posts |
      Reply #32: Oct 29, 2010 03:45:20 pm
      what odds are you giving him winning as many trophies as houllier or benitez did for us whilst in charge.

Early days yet.....He impressed me before the season kicked off in how he managed to keep hold of our stars and land Cole

but he needs to understand he's not managing a club like (no disrespect) Fulham we are LFC and we should instill fear into the opposition instead of fearing the opposition!

I hope he turns it around I really do, but he needs to change up and adapt, quick like a chameleon walking in from the white mediocrity of Fulham to the Glorious Red of Anfield!
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,592 posts | 7141 
      Reply #33: Oct 29, 2010 05:31:30 pm
      Let's face it comparisons aren't needed, just take a look at the league table, it speaks volumes.
      When was thelast time regardless of points on the board that we had -5 goal difference.
      RedLFCBlood
      Reply #34: Nov 01, 2010 08:10:11 am
      Well Roy has equalled Houlliers first ten games as sole manager of Liverpool FC, but to keep this going he needs to beat Chelsea.
      wengitari
      • Banned

• 80 posts |
      Reply #35: Nov 02, 2010 01:15:35 pm
      So, in other words, Roy should not be sacked. 
      RedLFCBlood
      Reply #36: Nov 02, 2010 01:19:44 pm
      So, in other words, Roy should not be sacked. 

Nope I'm not saying that, just drawing comparisons based on results, anything else people judge Roy on I.E his ability, his tactical nous, his media nous, his record in the transfer market, handling of the media etc etc are as much as apart of whether he is teh right man for Liverpool F.C as league position.
      wengitari
      • Banned

• 80 posts |
      Reply #37: Nov 02, 2010 01:27:01 pm
      Didn't mean you.  I mean the conclusion that anyone should draw from that statistic is that Roy should not be sacked.  Otherwise, we ought to have sacked Houllier after his first 10 games too...
      grewalge
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,087 posts | 82 
      Reply #38: Nov 02, 2010 03:03:01 pm
      If we beat Chelsea, he wont be sacked,  you can't sack the guy who gets you a win against league leaders, even if its a total fluke. It makes no sense we would be on 15 points with Tottenham and City play Manc soon we will be in the top mix, But once again are we gonna beat Chelsea... dont think so
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,592 posts | 7141 
      Reply #39: Nov 02, 2010 03:36:22 pm
      If we sit back against Chelsea we will get hammered.
      TKIDLLTK
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 8,362 posts | 158 
      Reply #40: Nov 02, 2010 03:40:45 pm
      Didn't mean you.  I mean the conclusion that anyone should draw from that statistic is that Roy should not be sacked.  Otherwise, we ought to have sacked Houllier after his first 10 games too...

Houllier wasn't playing death-inducing boring football, he was not making himself look like a fool in every press conference, he did not insult the fans, he was not buying players like Christian Poulsen, Houllier did not have world class players like Torres, Reina and today's Gerrard...  Need I go on?

Quick Reply