Trending Topics

Next match: Betis v LFC [Friendly] Sat 27th Jul @ 12:30 am
      Acrisure Stadium

Today is the 16th of June and on this date LFC's match record is P0 W0 D0 L0

Rafa on Roy - 'Some people cannot see a priest on a mountain of sugar'

Read 32457 times
      Mr Bleeds
      • Banned

• 367 posts |
      • Here, have a beer.
      Re: Rafa on Roy - 'Some people cannot see a priest on a moutain of sugar'
      Reply #23: Nov 02, 2010 07:18:33 am
      Well said by the great man, yet again.
       I could go fore a cuppa actually.

After the day I've had (Melbourne cup) I could do with a stiff Brandy.
      Dmasta
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,895 posts | 553 
      Reply #24: Nov 02, 2010 07:24:06 am
      After the day I've had (Melbourne cup) I could do with a stiff Brandy.
      Didn't do too well in that meself.
      craglad
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,009 posts | 25 
      Reply #25: Nov 02, 2010 07:44:37 am
      Getting pretty childish this now. Rafa and Woy should just both concentrate on the football instead of being media whores. We need a manager who does the talking on the pitch, not to the press.
      MishunTheRed
      • Forum Michael Robinson

• 53 posts |
      Reply #26: Nov 02, 2010 08:02:15 am
      Yet more illustration that Rafa understands Liverpool Football Club better than good ol' homegrown Roy ever will.

Those that are saying Rafa should keep his mouth shut: He does have a right to defend himself, especially when Hodgson has done nothing but talk sh*t about him since he got into the job. Benitez didn't start the tittle-tattle, Roy did.
      Fan 86
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 761 posts | 40 
      Reply #27: Nov 02, 2010 08:06:11 am
      Good on you Rafa,brilliant comments there.How can Roy think he can know everything that went on in the past.In my opinion he is just putting nails in his coffin.Come on Roy buck up,act your age!!!!!.
      queuepolitely
      • Forum Billy Liddell

• 575 posts | 27 
      Reply #28: Nov 02, 2010 08:51:53 am
      Does this get reported in Italy ? Roy smacked down again. Keep your mouth shut and 'concentrate on training and improving'
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 36,044 posts | 3967 
      Reply #29: Nov 02, 2010 08:54:22 am
      "Every single press conference is even worse than the last one. He's talking about things that he doesn't know."

As pointed out in another thread, never a truer word said about Roy.

Priests and sugar mountains, glasses of milk and talk about things he doesn't know - our man doesn't beat about the bush, Rafa is calling a spade a spade so Roy your questionable skills are not required at LFC you are definitely the wrong man for the job.    
      stephenmc9
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,822 posts | 39 
      • 'Liverpool was made for me and I was made for Live
      Reply #30: Nov 02, 2010 08:56:15 am
      I think he should be ignoring theses questions,he is a big boy now think he should be worrying about winning with inter.His job is done at Liverpool.Hope i never see him in the anfield dugout again,i personaly think his mouthing and bad buying has us were we are now. :tv_happy: :tv_happy: :tv_happy: :tv_happy:
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 36,044 posts | 3967 
      Reply #31: Nov 02, 2010 09:16:10 am
      I think he should be ignoring theses questions,he is a big boy now think he should be worrying about winning with inter.His job is done at Liverpool.Hope i never see him in the anfield dugout again,i personaly think his mouthing and bad buying has us were we are now. :tv_happy: :tv_happy: :tv_happy: :tv_happy:
      If his time at Anfield had been curtailed in a fair and equable manner I would most certainly agree with you but the truth is somewhat different.
      Rafael Benitez was the subject of a concerted effort to undermine his position and discredit him over a considerable period of time with the blessing of H&G who would benefit most from his removal, we are all aware of the depths they were prepared to sink to in order to achieve their goal.
      As a result Rafas' reputation was and is tarnished as your post indicates, it is natural that the man needs to expose the flaws and misjudgement associated with his untimely and unjust dispatch and of course display his feeling and emotion for LFC. 
      Plantman
      • Forum Billy Liddell

• 597 posts |
      • Youll*Never*Walk*Alone
      Reply #32: Nov 02, 2010 09:20:11 am
      Why is roy doing this, he is not only digging his hole, he is mixing the cement to go on top too

I didnt think Rafa could have taken us to the dizzy heights of the top but F**k me id give my left nut to have him back now!!

Well done Rafa for pointing out the obvious, his press releases are utter w*nk...somebody please shut roy up.
      RedLFCBlood
      Reply #33: Nov 02, 2010 09:29:47 am
      What ever anybody's feelings on Rafa, you can not say a bad word about the man for speaking up, after all it was Roy who started taking public pot shots at Rafa through the media, one thing of note I think all should pay attention to is, Rafa once again did not initiate this response it was once again the media pushing him for an answer on Roy's comments and what a response he gave. Roy needs to be gagged that much is simple, what was it Carragher said "We need to return back to the Liverpool way and act with Class Respect & Dignity", perhaps Jamie needs to have a word with Roy about this. ;D
      TKIDLLTK
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 8,362 posts | 158 
      Reply #34: Nov 02, 2010 09:31:01 am
      I think he should be ignoring theses questions,he is a big boy now think he should be worrying about winning with inter.His job is done at Liverpool.Hope I never see him in the anfield dugout again,I personaly think his mouthing and bad buying has us were we are now. :tv_happy: :tv_happy: :tv_happy: :tv_happy:

Not sure if you are taking the piss there or not, the tv's make me think you are suggesting this is the response of an armchair supporter.

But if someone thinks you are serious, let me address the points you raise.
      a) Rafa didn't come out with this on his own, he was repeatedly asked about it
      b) He is focused on his job at Inter
      c) His mouthing was brilliant, not responsible for performances.  Rafa is infinitely better than Roy at Press conferences.
      d) Chronic lack of investment and asset-stripping are responsible for us coming 7th.
      e) Roy is responsible for our performances this season, not Rafa!
      f) Rafa bought some duds (some were free), every manager does, but he also brought four world-class players to the club.
      g) None of Rafa's bad signings were comparable to Poulsen - or for that matter the price paid for Konchesky.
      KennyIsKing
      • Banned

• 4,628 posts | 129 
      Reply #35: Nov 02, 2010 09:41:37 am
      hodgson is ytrying to get his media mates to help him deflect from the sh*t job he's doing by focussing attention elsewhere.

Trouble is, he just ends up sounding like a tw*t even with the media firmly behind him.

Well in Rafa - tell it like it is.
      LFCexiled
      Reply #36: Nov 02, 2010 09:53:17 am
      Roy on Dalglish, Rafa on Roy. Please don't merge these threads as it'll become some kind of weird & terrifying ménage a trios.
      ozi_wozzy
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,552 posts | 304 
      Reply #37: Nov 02, 2010 10:03:25 am
      Fair enough then.

But I maintain I am not the only one 'acting' an a.rsehole.

On topic: 'Sugar, milk' what next tea bags.

course you're not, there are plenty on here, doesn't make it acceptable. and all this pi$$taking of rafa because of his "cryptic" responses is actually cringeworthy. perhaps they're well know proverbs or phrases used in spain. they're probably mistranslated in british media (who, i might add, didn't exactly have a rosy relationship with him) to make him sound wierd.

anyway, back to topic, every word he said is true. he fought for players, for the club and for the fans. roy just comes on interviews and makes an ar$e of himself, alienates the fans and gets basic facts wrong.

come back rafa...
      ozi_wozzy
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,552 posts | 304 
      Reply #38: Nov 02, 2010 10:05:14 am
      Not sure if you are taking the piss there or not, the tv's make me think you are suggesting this is the response of an armchair supporter.

c) His mouthing was brilliant, not responsible for performances.  Rafa is infinitely better than Roy at Press conferences.
      d) Chronic lack of investment and asset-stripping are responsible for us coming 7th.
      f) Rafa bought some duds (some were free), every manager does, but he also brought four world-class players to the club.
      g) None of Rafa's bad signings were comparable to Poulsen - or for that matter the price paid for Konchesky.

spot...on....
      fraggle786
      • Forum John Toshack

• 271 posts | 15 
      Reply #39: Nov 02, 2010 10:17:59 am
      I think he should be ignoring theses questions,he is a big boy now think he should be worrying about winning with inter.His job is done at Liverpool.Hope I never see him in the anfield dugout again,I personaly think his mouthing and bad buying has us were we are now. :tv_happy: :tv_happy: :tv_happy: :tv_happy:

As others before me have already pointed out rafa only responded when asked about the comments speciffically and here in lies the big differance. No one asked Roy about Rafa and Dalglishs relationship, he offered up his own version of events without prompting. We are all free to make comments about anyone we chose to BUT individuals also have a right to respond.

E.g. If I slagged off a fellow forum member, is it wrong of that person to have a pop at me in return? Or should I be big enough to realise that if dish out to someone, I should also be prepared to take it when it comes full circle?
      redprint
      • Forum Alan Hansen

• 636 posts | 23 
      Reply #40: Nov 02, 2010 10:20:01 am

...........and lets remember the side that Rafa inherited when he joined the club.  it wasn't particularly impressive by any stretch, but he added a couple of players and took it 9 months later to Istanbul and the CL trophy!!!!!! he didn't make excuses for what Houlier left him, he just got on with the job and won us the biggest prize in club football.
      racerx34
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 33,684 posts | 3905 
      • THE SALT IN THE SOUP
      Reply #41: Nov 02, 2010 10:26:08 am
      So Roy claims Rafa left him with a squad of failed signings, after originally claiming he was left with a squad that needed trimming. Then Rafa takes him apart in response.

I love how passionate Rafa is about the club, but I can't help but wish we had a better calibre of manager at our disposal. Someone who would get on with his job, with dignity, and stop throwing excuses out at every opportunity. Thus ending the soundbites from Rafa on our club. As much as it amuses me to see his ability to deconstruct Roy, I would love to see us move on.

Only a manager suited to this club, who understands the club and it's fans can achieve this.

FATKOPITE10
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,546 posts | 3474 
      • Liverpool fc give me tourettes
      Reply #42: Nov 02, 2010 10:32:38 am
      Does Rafa understand irony when saying that Hodgson should concentrate on his own job ?. Also didn't kenny say that it was the right time for a change of manager ? Lets face it after the last 3 years or so wouldn't it be good if EVERYONE didn't air their grievances in public and do it man to man or pick up a phone.
      KennyIsKing
      • Banned

• 4,628 posts | 129 
      Reply #43: Nov 02, 2010 10:35:01 am
      I hope it's not just coincidence that Mr Henry is in the UK at the same time as Rafa ;)

More to the point, our owner should take hodgson down a peg or 2 when they meet today.

He should also tell him to stop hiding behind sh*t excuses and get the players playing.
      Cumbria Red
      • Forum Alf Arrowsmith

• 59 posts |
      Reply #44: Nov 02, 2010 10:43:01 am
      Oh my god, get out of Rafas arse everyone!
      LFCexiled
      Reply #45: Nov 02, 2010 10:47:11 am
      Oh my god, get out of Rafas arse everyone!

I take it you're not a fan then?

Quick Reply