Trending Topics

Rafa on Roy - 'Some people cannot see a priest on a mountain of sugar'

Read 32140 times
      CRK
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 13,604 posts | 361 
      • JFT96 YNWA
      Re: Rafa on Roy - 'Some people cannot see a priest on a mountain of sugar'
      Reply #391: Nov 03, 2010 03:45:54 pm
      Hoping this is a step towards him getting in line with the Liverpool Way.

I wonder how the media will portray this though? 'Harsh LFC bosses force Hodgson into unnecessary apology to Rafa Benitez.' :D

Well I hope that little apology puts paid to all the squabbling so JD can get on with changing the forum colours to black and blue and the Forum name to InterMilanBlack&Blues's.  :f_tongueincheek:

:D
      KS67
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,475 posts | 463 
      Reply #392: Nov 03, 2010 03:47:48 pm
      Heard a media bloke say, "why is Rafa getting involved in this anyway?"...

Maybe because Roy and you tw*ts for 6 years kept having a go at him.
      CRK
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 13,604 posts | 361 
      • JFT96 YNWA
      Reply #393: Nov 03, 2010 03:49:45 pm

Spot on though.
      chats
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,479 posts | 2862 
      Reply #394: Nov 03, 2010 03:49:57 pm
      Well in to whoever told Roy to get it together and also Roy himself for doing it.

Now can we move on please!
      waltonl4
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 37,669 posts | 7156 
      Reply #395: Nov 03, 2010 03:49:57 pm
      I hope its sincere it will not do him any harm if it is.
      Alicus
      • Forum Ian Callaghan

• 987 posts | 15 
      Reply #396: Nov 03, 2010 03:50:51 pm

I wonder how the media will portray this though? 'Harsh LFC bosses force Hodgson into unnecessary apology to Rafa Benitez.' :D

'Hodgson refuses to sink as low as Benitez'
      bigvYNWA
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,795 posts | 994 
      Reply #397: Nov 03, 2010 03:51:09 pm
      Apparently Roy has apologized to Rafa and refuses to comment more.

Good move by Roy.

However, I'm not fooled. He's obviously been told to, especially with the Echo results - he knows full well that fan opinion is well and truly behind Rafa. This is purely a PR exercise IMO. Full credit still, as it still takes some guts to apologize publicly like that. I'm just not convinced he meant it really.
      Roddenberry
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 16,568 posts | 1876 
      Reply #398: Nov 03, 2010 03:51:45 pm

'Hodgson refuses to sink as low as Benitez'

Stop giving the press ideas!!!   :D
      waltonl4
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 37,669 posts | 7156 
      Reply #399: Nov 03, 2010 03:54:01 pm
      I wonder if NESV are aware of the poll and what they make of it. I sit something they would have come across in the State the fans lauding and supporting the ex manager over the new one. Has it made them look at Roys performance so far this season and told him to starting facing up to his own short comings.It would be a start wouldn't it.
      LFCexiled
      Reply #400: Nov 03, 2010 04:08:10 pm
      Whatever way it's come to an apology and it seems as though a reet good six of the best has been given to Hodgson its good that apart from the fact we now know that NESV will directly deal with things/situations that are detrimental to the club they appear to respect the opinion of the majority.

As regards the earlier comment about this being a Rafa Fans site, in polls on virtually every site the %ages for Roy to go were 75%-95% in favour of him to go. Does this mean we are all closet Inter fans? Nope, it just means the vast majority of fans are intelligent enough to see that Hodgson as a Manager is way out of his depth.

Who knows what a new Director of Football will bring? If Hodgson gets the signing of players taken away from him and he becomes tactically knowledgeable in attacking football and also embraces what LFC is all about then who knows what the future will be.
      nnilswerdna
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,879 posts | 104 
      Reply #401: Nov 03, 2010 04:11:38 pm
      If I was an Inter fan, I’d be pissed off at Rafa for talking about a previous club  - even if he is defending himself
      bad boy bubby
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,564 posts | 3172 
      • @KaiserQueef
      Reply #402: Nov 03, 2010 04:18:02 pm
      Roy's apology basically consisted of.

Rafa was right, he (Roy) should be concentrating on managing the club, he didn't mean to offend or upset Rafa in any way, and if he did he apologises.

Fair enough. Let's hope that's the end to all Hodgson's F***ing mental and overtly divisive press releases/conferences.

Roy's apology sort of pulls the rug from under all the muppets who's rabid, anti-Benitez, feelings got in the way of honest, logical, thought too.

bad boy bubby
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,564 posts | 3172 
      • @KaiserQueef
      Reply #403: Nov 03, 2010 04:20:29 pm
      If I was an Inter fan, I’d be pissed off at Rafa for talking about a previous club  - even if he is defending himself

Just as well you ain't then Andrew. It's bad enough having to worry about the sh*te Roy spouts, eh?  ;)
      shabbadoo
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 29,479 posts | 4595 
      Reply #404: Nov 03, 2010 04:21:02 pm
      If I was an Inter fan, I’d be pissed off at Rafa for talking about a previous club  - even if he is defending himself

Were they pissed at maureen when he kept on going on and on about chavski?

Were they pissed at him when he was constantley linked with real madrid?

I think the answer is no! because he delivered the goods as im sure rafa will.
      bmck
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,604 posts | 1683 
      • YNWA
      Reply #405: Nov 03, 2010 04:22:05 pm
      Wonder if Wafa will comment further...
      Hope thats an end to it.
      waltonl4
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 37,669 posts | 7156 
      Reply #406: Nov 03, 2010 04:22:43 pm
      I do like the humour on here I think Maureen is so perfect for Jose. Can Rafa bashers please try harder to hide their dislike of the man.
      fraggle786
      • Forum John Toshack

• 271 posts | 15 
      Reply #407: Nov 03, 2010 04:22:46 pm
      Stop giving the press ideas!!!   :D

possible headlines:

Hodgson proves he's the bigger man

Hodgson - the true english gentlman

Hodgson refuses to rise to raffas constant baiting!

nnilswerdna
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,879 posts | 104 
      Reply #408: Nov 03, 2010 04:23:28 pm
      I'm not being a Rafa basher here but the fact remains that he is Inters manager.

He delivered the goods for LFC without ever mentioning Valencia
      waltonl4
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 37,669 posts | 7156 
      Reply #409: Nov 03, 2010 04:25:14 pm
      Thats becuase nobody at valencia slagged him off.
      bigvYNWA
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,795 posts | 994 
      Reply #410: Nov 03, 2010 04:26:52 pm
      I'm not being a Rafa basher here but the fact remains that he is Inters manager.

He delivered the goods for LFC without ever mentioning Valencia

How often did the spanish press badger him about Valencia whilst he was at Liverpool? Did Valencias next manager start giving Rafa sh*t?

This is what annoys me, people seemingly completely ignoring the cause of all this and just thinking Rafa is instigating it all.
      RedLFCBlood
      Reply #411: Nov 03, 2010 04:27:42 pm
      fraggle786
      • Forum John Toshack

• 271 posts | 15 
      Reply #412: Nov 03, 2010 04:30:10 pm
      ^^^^^ luv it
      waltonl4
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 37,669 posts | 7156 
      Reply #413: Nov 03, 2010 04:31:50 pm

Quick Reply