Trending Topics

Next match: v [] Thu 1st Jan @ 1:00 am

Today is the 24th of May and on this date LFC's match record is P14 W9 D1 L4

Lassana Diarra (Real Madrid)

Read 6452 times
      scott_hutchy
      • Forum Gary McAllister
      • Started Topic

• 91 posts |
      Lassana Diarra (Real Madrid)
      Nov 02, 2010 12:35:04 pm
      Liverpool are the latest Barclays Premier League club to be linked with a move for Real Madrid midfielder Lassana Diarra.

The 24-year-old defensive midfielder has English football experience during his time with Chelsea, Arsenal and Portsmouth, and Reds boss Roy Hodgson is keen to strengthen with experience in the January transfer window.

Diarra has reportedly fallen out of favour at Madrid, the club he joined in January 2009 for £20 million from Pompey. Under Jose Mourinho, chances at the Santiago Bernabeu appear to be at a premium, and the 'special one' is willing to listen to offers for the player.

Liverpool were originally linked with 'Lass' in August, when talkaloadofbull.com UK reported that the Anfield club had made an enquiry about the player's availability.

TalkSPORT now reports that Tottenham Hotspur, Everton and Aston Villa have all joined the chase for the player since, leaving Liverpool with a fight on their hands if they want to secure the player's signing in 2011.

Former Fulham boss Hodgson has been promised money to spend by new Liverpool owners NESV, and the Merseyside outfit have been linked with a string of attacking players as they search for a foil for Fernando Torres.

Strengthening key defensive areas is another priority, and Liverpool could do that with a move for a French international midfielder with the quality of Diarra. Due to interest from other clubs, it will cost the Anfield outfit in the region of £10 million.

This story has been reproduced from today's media. It does not necessarily represent the position of Liverpool Football Club.

source: Givemefootball.com

« Last Edit: Nov 02, 2010 07:00:05 pm by Bpatel »
      Dannylfc
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 5,010 posts | 174 
      • Always in our shadow.
      Re: Lassana Diarra- liverpool latest club to be linked with him
      Reply #1: Nov 02, 2010 12:50:16 pm
      Id prefer a signing like this to some of the other tripe we've been linked to recently..

But honeslty think we have enough central midfielders, even if they're not full of quality.
      scott_hutchy
      • Forum Gary McAllister
      • Started Topic

• 91 posts |
      Reply #2: Nov 02, 2010 05:40:16 pm
      I think we do need to replace the likes of lucas and/or poulsen, but we are more desperate for wingers maybe we could have both  :-\
      emsy28
      • Forum Billy Liddell

• 545 posts | 12 
      Reply #3: Nov 02, 2010 06:56:43 pm
      I would love us to sign him in January,i think he would be a decent replacement for Masch.
      Adryan
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,704 posts | 378 
      • Cut my veins open and I bleed Liverpool Red.
      Reply #4: Nov 02, 2010 06:59:09 pm
      If we are to sign him, I hope it's to replace Poulsen.

I'm more wanting for naturally wide players.
      Stevie-G
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,730 posts |
      Re: Lassana Diarra (Real Madrid)
      Reply #5: Nov 02, 2010 07:31:02 pm
      I would love us to sign him in January,I think he would be a decent replacement for Masch.
      Exactly.
      chats
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,480 posts | 2863 
      Reply #6: Nov 02, 2010 09:26:44 pm
      Poulsen out, Diarra in please.
      racerx34
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 33,658 posts | 3891 
      • THE SALT IN THE SOUP
      Reply #7: Nov 06, 2010 10:04:55 pm
       Lassana Diarra a Potential January Target for Liverpool After Falling Out at Real Madrid
      http://www.nesn.com/2010/11/report-lassana-diarra-a-potential-january-target-for-liverpool-after-falling-out-at-real-madrid.html
      by Nick Coman on Tue, Nov 2, 2010 at 1:08PM    

Real Madrid's infinite cache of world class players is so deep that even a 25-year-old French international can get burried underneath. As a result, Lassana Diarra may be on his way out at the Bernabeu in January, and England looks to be his likely destination.

Jose Mourinho is apparently willing to listen to offers for Diarra, and though he was purchased for $32 million (20 million pounds) in 2009, he would likely be available for half of that price.

The strong midfielder, who can also play right back or in the attack, has a wealth of Premier League experience -- having played for Chelsea, Arsenal and Portsmouth, and Liverpool has reportedly been interested in him since inquiring about his availability this past August.

Spurs, Aston Villa and Everton may also be in the hunt for Diarra, which could drive up his price, but with the form of Christian Poulsen relatively poor, the forms of Lucas and Raul Meireles being inconsistent, and the injuries to Daniel Agger, Glen Johnson, Joe Cole and Dirk Kuyt, having a versatile player like Lass could be an important addition for Roy Hodgson's side.

With $40 million (25 million pounds) at Hogson's disposal, that potential move could realistically become a reality.

I wonder how reliable the offal news channel is...  :f_tongueincheek:

Would be a vast improvement over Poulson
      StevieG-force
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,526 posts | 12 
      • Name:Richard-Age:21-Nationality:Welsh
      Reply #8: Nov 06, 2010 10:12:50 pm
      We'd really have to get rid of at least one central midfield to avoid overcrowding one area of the pitch IMO, ideally Poulson or even Lucas, I was a big fan of Lass at Portsmouth and of course it was obvious he would end up part of the endless amount of wasted talent at Madrid.
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 39,682 posts | 6976 
      Reply #9: Nov 06, 2010 11:45:48 pm
      I was only thinking this morning how we could really do with another defensive midfielder....
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      • TU TA LOUCO? FILHO DA PUTA!
      Reply #10: Nov 06, 2010 11:47:15 pm
      I was only thinking this morning how we could really do with another defensive midfielder....

:lmao:
      RedLFCBlood
      Reply #11: Nov 07, 2010 12:04:37 am
      I'd rather Banega to be honest, but I wouldn't say no to Diarra, as a defensive midfielder he's got quite a bit more in his locker than Poulsen.
      Ross
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,916 posts | 165 
      Reply #12: Nov 07, 2010 12:20:52 am
      Wouldn't say no if it means shipping out Poulsen.

Top player in his position.
      chats
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,480 posts | 2863 
      Reply #13: Nov 07, 2010 01:17:49 am
      Would be pretty happy with Gerrard, Meireles, Diarra and Lucas for the middle of the park.
      Macedonian_Red
      • Banned

• 4,762 posts | 63 
      Reply #14: Jun 18, 2011 10:12:04 pm

Diarra - No Real conflict
      Midfielder not trying to start a war at the Santiago Bernabeu

Last Updated: June 18, 2011 2:51pm

Lassana Diarra's agent has sought to play down rumours that the midfielder is in conflict with his current club Real Madrid.

The former Portsmouth midfielder was unable to establish himself as a fixture in coach Jose Mourinho's side last season and he has been linked with a summer move.

Reports suggest there are clubs keen to bring the France international back to the Premier League, while Juventus and Fenerbahce are rumoured to be interested.

However, Diarra's agent John Williams insists the player is not trying to force a move away from the Santiago Bernabeu before the start of next season.

"Lass is on holiday, but he is not trying to open up a cold war," Williams told Marca.

"The player wants to make it clear that he respects the club and there is no conflict."

Regarding a potential transfer fee for Diarra, Williams added: "The price of a hypothetical sale is determined by negotiations and not the will of the player."

http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,12876_6995272,00.html
      chats
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,480 posts | 2863 
      Reply #15: Jun 18, 2011 10:34:51 pm
      Why's this been bumped when it's got nothing to do with Liverpool specifically?
      Macedonian_Red
      • Banned

• 4,762 posts | 63 
      Reply #16: Jun 18, 2011 10:45:23 pm
      Why's this been bumped when it's got nothing to do with Liverpool specifically?

We've been linked with the player on several occasions over the past season ...
      RedLFCBlood
      Reply #17: Jun 18, 2011 10:53:14 pm
      Seems you are about as popular as fart in a space suit on here Mac_red. ;D

PS that's just an illiterate observation.
      Macedonian_Red
      • Banned

• 4,762 posts | 63 
      Reply #18: Jun 18, 2011 10:56:58 pm
      Seems you are about as popular as fart in a space suit on here Mac_red. ;D

PS that's just an illiterate observation.

What makes you think that I want to be popular ? And what is this obsession with popularity ? We are not at a boys camp, after all ...
      RedLFCBlood
      Reply #19: Jun 18, 2011 10:57:50 pm
      What makes you think that I want to be popular ? And what is this obsession with popularity ? We are not at a boys camp, after all ...

No obsession at all, like I said it was in illiterate observation.
      bad boy bubby
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,564 posts | 3172 
      • @KaiserQueef
      Reply #20: Jun 18, 2011 11:27:42 pm
      What makes you think that I want to be popular ?

The fact that you come over here, from Rawk, to post the same sh*t; very nearly word for word. ... Now whilst that may not indicate the desire to be popular (in the recognised sense) it does indicate a very clear desire for attention.

You may just be suffering from an Antisocial personality disorder or Histrionic personality disorder but deep down you'd love to be popular instead of being viewed as malignant Macedo. Deep down you know it would be nice to possess the social skills to make folk smile and laugh with you. Deep down you really don't want to be hated - no-one does...

... I think you'd love to be liked... Meet God half-way; eh fella?... quit being a c**t.  ;D
      Christ
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,209 posts | 40 
      Hmmm
      Reply #21: Jun 18, 2011 11:29:08 pm
      Bumped and im drunk.. Quality player but no link wasted my time and whoever reads this yours too :)
      RedLFCBlood
      Reply #22: Jun 18, 2011 11:29:58 pm
      Great Bump Christ., you want the drunk thread mate :D

Quick Reply