Trending Topics

Next match: Villa v LFC [Premier League] Mon 13th May @ 8:00 pm
      Villa Park

Today is the 9th of May and on this date LFC's match record is P11 W6 D4 L1

Antonio Cassano (AC Milan)

Read 10326 times
      Dexter
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,279 posts | 116 
      Re: Antonio Cassano (Sampdoria)
      Reply #23: Nov 12, 2010 01:44:10 pm
      Prandelli has said that Cassano is considering quitting football. There's more mentally stable options out there.
      harrydunn08
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 5,924 posts | 966 
      Reply #24: Nov 12, 2010 04:47:52 pm
      Prandelli has said that Cassano is considering quitting football. There's more mentally stable options out there.

Really?  I haven't heard that, and I can't seem to find any sources that make this claim.  Can you provide a link?

Here is the most recent article I have seen relating to this issue:

10 November 2010 19:29

(GSM) – Sampdoria have moved a step closer to finalizing star Antonio Cassano’s contract termination after sending the Italian league an application for the matter.

The 28-year-old was caught in a heated argument in October with the his club’s president Riccardo Garrone.

Cassano has not played since the clash, and despite issuing a public apology on television, the Italy forward is set to have his contract cancelled.

Garrone admits Cassano’s talents will be missed but still intends to cut short the Italy international’s career at Sampdoria.

“Obviously Cassano is the best and without him, our team loses a lot,” said Garrone.

“But we will move forward with our decision.”

Though Cassano’s talent has molded him into being one of Italy’s best talents, his behavior has always hindered his growth.

He had difficulties at both Roma and Real Madrid before moving to Sampdoria and was left out of Italy’s 2010 World Cup squad because then-manager Marcello Lippi did not want the player to disrupt the team’s spirit.

If we can snap him up on a free, I'll happily fly over from the states to welcome him to the team!
      Dexter
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,279 posts | 116 
      Reply #25: Nov 12, 2010 06:34:14 pm
      Really?  I haven't heard that, and I can't seem to find any sources that make this claim.  Can you provide a link?
      I read it on a dutch site initially, they had quotes from Prandelli. They seem to originate from La Gazzetta dello Sport, an italian newspaper.

This article says pretty much the same thing:

Italian coach Prandelli snubs Cassano

ROME, Nov. 12 (Xinhua) -- Italy coach Cesare Prandelli has claimed that he would not call up defiant Antonio Cassano for a friendly against Romania next week.

Speculative reports suggested Prandelli would defy the rules and pick Cassano, who has been frozen out of the Sampdoria team after his bust-up with club chief Riccardo Garrone.

"Cassano? I said that I would not call players who showed poor manners or displayed violent conduct," Prandelli was quoted as saying by La Gazzetta dello Sport.

"When a player is out of a team he cannot be picked for the national side.

"I won't abandon Cassano, but he must resolve his problems at Sampdoria.

"I spoke to him and I got the impression he wanted to give up football, but I told him to reflect and stay close to his family," the Italy coach said.

http://news.xinhuanet.com/english2010/sports/2010-11/12/c_13604201.htm

« Last Edit: Nov 12, 2010 06:40:03 pm by Dexter »
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      • TU TA LOUCO? FILHO DA PUTA!
      Reply #26: Nov 12, 2010 07:45:02 pm
      Can't see him quitting. He's too into the game on a whole to give it up, i feel.

And nothing would get him more excited to play than being next to Fernando ;)
      Dexter
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,279 posts | 116 
      Reply #27: Nov 12, 2010 08:13:54 pm
      I don't like players with those kind of bad attitudes, he could do more harm than good, always some kind of drama wherever he goes.
      m4Rco
      • Forum Matt Busby

• 128 posts |
      • 'cause you said the brains I had went to my head.
      Reply #28: Nov 13, 2010 12:21:06 am
      No, please. I don't want to see this false scum as a red, he's absolutely disgusting.
      Red Barrovian
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,356 posts | 77 
      Reply #29: Dec 16, 2010 11:23:14 pm
      Has agreed to sign for AC Milan I see. No link as yet.
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      Reply #30: Dec 16, 2010 11:27:31 pm
      Where'd you see this?

I read he was to be registered back in the side by February 1 and his wages cut in half, and he is definitely staying with Sampdoria.
      red_kaiser
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,506 posts | 60 
      Reply #31: Dec 17, 2010 04:43:16 am
      You can't expect a player to perform at the same level with this kind of animosity between the club and the player.He would be suspended for the whole of January transfer market and I believe he would try and force a move not that Samp would be too keen to hold onto him.He has only been linked with AC Milan but with them already having Ibra,Robinho and Pato,I don't think Milan would be too interested in him.
      harrydunn08

• 5,924 posts | 966 
      Reply #32: Dec 17, 2010 02:14:02 pm
      I read the same thing Crouchie, but I can't see him wanting to stay and play for them after all of this.  I have a feeling that Samp decided to not cancel his contract to see if they could recoup some money on him in January.  No team would want to lose one of their top talents for free, so they are probably going to offer him up to some different teams to see what kind of compensation they can get for him.  I would still love it if we could nab him up for something like 5 million, but i wouldn't want to pay much more than that as he has a history of falling out with teams/players everywhere he goes.
      Dexter
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,279 posts | 116 
      Reply #33: Dec 17, 2010 02:55:01 pm
      No harrydunn, Sampdoria did want to terminate his contract, but the judge ordered they couldn't, he's allowed to stay with his wages cut in half. However, neither of them are happy with that outcome, so I think he is indeed going to another club this winter.
      harrydunn08

• 5,924 posts | 966 
      Reply #34: Dec 17, 2010 03:34:28 pm
      ^ I know that is what the article said, but I have a feeling the execs at Samp wanted it to work out this way so that they can still get some sort of compensation for him...  No evidence to back up this claim, but it makes sense that they would rather sell him than give him away...
      Dexter
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,279 posts | 116 
      Reply #35: Dec 17, 2010 03:40:46 pm
      Not really, because then they wouldn't have went to court in the first place. :-\
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      Reply #36: Dec 17, 2010 04:24:57 pm
      I don't see why they didn't keep this quiet and get 15m for him? That's a cheap price for someone of his quality but it's better than letting him go for free. You get 15m!

Still, buy him NESV.
      Dexter
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,279 posts | 116 
      Reply #37: Dec 17, 2010 04:38:26 pm
      I don't see why they didn't keep this quiet and get 15m for him? That's a cheap price for someone of his quality but it's better than letting him go for free. You get 15m!

Still, buy him NESV.
      The chairman felt Cassano left him no other choice. Cassano heavily insulted him in front of other players and staff, said some really nasty stuff apparently,  he felt he needed to set an example.
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      Reply #38: Dec 20, 2010 11:38:42 am
      He could set an example by selling him and showing no player, regardless of their importance, is bigger than the club. That way he could look after his club financially also while sending out the same message.
      Red5man

• 9,616 posts | 76 
      Reply #39: Dec 20, 2010 11:24:40 pm
      To Milan - sounds a done deal.
      Dadorious

• 9,882 posts | 1545 
      Reply #40: Dec 20, 2010 11:32:51 pm
      Yep sold to Milan 3 year deal.
      Bpatel

• 9,902 posts | 158 
      Reply #41: Dec 21, 2010 11:48:54 am
      Macedonian_Red
      • Banned

• 4,762 posts | 63 
      Antonio Cassano (AC Milan)
      Reply #42: Jun 16, 2011 01:30:12 pm

Liverpool move into pole position to land AC Milan striker

Thursday, June 16

Liverpool are leading the chase to sign AC Milan striker Antonio Cassano.

Cassano, 28, could be set for a big money move to Anfield as Liverpool boss Kenny Dalglish is determined to add more firepower to his squad and make them genuine contenders for the title next season.

The Italian striker could struggle to command a regular first-team place at the San Siro next season as he battles with Zlatan Ibrahimovic, Alexandre Pato and Robinho to secure a starting place.

Fiorentina have also been linked with Cassano but reports in Italy suggest that Liverpool are now the strong favourites to clinch his signature.

Sources close to the player say he is ready to start a new chapter in his career by moving to England, having played in both Spain and Italy.

The two clubs are set to hold a meeting next week over a possible move and Liverpool hope a deal can be finalised for the talented forward.

http://www.talksport.co.uk/sports-news/football/premier-league/transfer-rumours/8376/6/liverpool-move-pole-position-land-ac-milan-striker
      redsnake
      • Banned

• 128 posts |
      Re: Antonio Cassano (AC Milan)
      Reply #44: Jun 16, 2011 01:34:16 pm
      Hope its true. I wonder if Aqua will be part of the deal?
      hugh07
      • Forum John Toshack

• 261 posts |
      Re: Antonio Cassano (AC Milan)
      Reply #45: Jun 16, 2011 01:42:30 pm
      Cant say that I know much about this lad,but if its true that Kenny likes him it must be for a good reason.So the Wickham deal is gone?

Quick Reply