Trending Topics

Next match: Betis v LFC [Friendly] Sat 27th Jul @ 12:30 am
      Acrisure Stadium

Today is the 15th of June and on this date LFC's match record is P1 W1 D0 L0

John Henry tells star players to commit to the Liverpool cause or be sold.

Read 9704 times
      crzy_jkr@u
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,774 posts | 29 
      • Rebuilding a legacy...Trust, Will, Pride, Respect.
      Re: John Henry tells star players to commit to the Liverpool cause or be sold.
      Reply #23: Nov 06, 2010 12:28:59 pm
      I suppose there are certain players that are very worried at the moment.
      waltonl4
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 37,791 posts | 7189 
      Reply #24: Nov 06, 2010 12:30:56 pm
      If it means we start going for quality rather than quantity of players i am all for that. The 39th game didnt go down well before and i dont see it going down well now.For instance supposing we have to play in the swealtering heat of Singapore and get beat but Utd play in Sweden just a few hours in the plane and a nice pleasant temp to play in. I just dont see how it would work unless all the games were played in the same country and would it count as an away game or a home game . would it mean that we play 1 team 3 times?
      RedLFCBlood
      Reply #25: Nov 06, 2010 01:12:48 pm

You used the example of the 08/09 season. Imagine if we were winning the league by 1 point and the team had to go to the US or Asia for the final match and lost it, losing the league in the process. Works both ways!

Obviously mate like I said there is lots of variable or pro and cons if you wish, but to dismiss it out of hand without weighing up the pro's and cons is a tad naive, for all we havent got a stadium to match our rivals (yet), this sort of proposition could help us make up the difference if we cracked into an untapped market commercialy, bearing in mind clubs like Chelsea and Arsenal do not have the fan base of Liverpool.
      Alicus
      • Forum Ian Callaghan

• 988 posts | 15 
      Reply #26: Nov 06, 2010 01:13:49 pm
      Did someone say cheerleaders?

F**k yes.
      waltonl4
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 37,791 posts | 7189 
      Reply #27: Nov 06, 2010 01:15:37 pm
      Didnt Sky have something like that years ago.
      LFCexiled
      Reply #28: Nov 06, 2010 01:19:11 pm

F**k yes.

You listening John H? A little bit of Americanism we can accept.  ;D
      frizzby5
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 18,362 posts | 627 
      Reply #29: Nov 06, 2010 01:21:34 pm
      If the girls are anything like the Girl on the pitch in the very hot woman thread then I'm all for it !
      LFCexiled
      Reply #30: Nov 06, 2010 01:26:59 pm
      If the girls are anything like the Girl on the pitch in the very hot woman thread then I'm all for it !

Whats not to like, red and white gooood.

clint_call01
      • King Live Match Starter
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 11,732 posts | 3742 
      • Ynwa... lfc till I die !
      Reply #31: Nov 06, 2010 01:49:43 pm
      As I'm a foreigner Scouse ( if you accept me ;) ) it will be nice to play 39th game but for our player it will be more difficult physicly.

The owners are saying the right word, hope they keep their promise ( honestly I thin they do but we had bad experience once so no fairytale anymore ).
      waltonl4
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 37,791 posts | 7189 
      Reply #32: Nov 06, 2010 02:01:39 pm
      We are a broad church clint all our welcome to our cause.I can understand how much a lot of overseas supporters would love to see a game in their home country but dont expect it to happen soon if at all.
      clint_call01
      • King Live Match Starter
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 11,732 posts | 3742 
      • Ynwa... lfc till I die !
      Reply #33: Nov 06, 2010 02:22:11 pm
      Thanks mate, I'm feel part of you.

No player is irreplaceable neither Torres nor Gerrard ( doubt it).
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,517 posts | 8685 
      Reply #34: Nov 06, 2010 02:22:58 pm
      I really don't understand how any one can rule out the 39th game, if that 39th game played on shores other than our own could open up say an extra £20-£30m per year in terms of revenue, thats another £20-£30m that could be added to our transfer budgets.

Imagine if that 39th game was done a bit like teh F.A Cup randomly with balls like a lottery darw at the end of the season, the 08/09 season we finished second had it already been in force that 39th game could have won us the league. Obviously there is alsorts of variables to look at, but to just discount it is just daft in my opinion.

Problem is by introducing a 39th game it fucks the league up. What someone said in the other thread on the General Football forum about one of the other 38 games being played abroad is more likely.

F**k yes.

F**k no

"Gooooooooooo Liverpool"

nah!!
      RedLFCBlood
      Reply #35: Nov 06, 2010 02:25:59 pm
      Problem is by introducing a 39th game it fucks the league up. What someone said in the other thread on the General Football forum about one of the other 38 games being played abroad is more likely.

Thats what I said in another comment in this thread mate, if the game is played abroad, commercially it gives us a chance to crack untapped markets which would only be good for our revenue, thats why I'm rfeluctant to dismiss it at the moment.
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,517 posts | 8685 
      Reply #36: Nov 06, 2010 02:29:14 pm
      Thats what I said in another comment in this thread mate, if the game is played abroad, commercially it gives us a chance to crack untapped markets which would only be good for our revenue, thats why I'm rfeluctant to dismiss it at the moment.

Think TDandseveralotherkletter s made the point yesterday after Werner had made the comments, personally don't agree myself but can see it coming, juts hope it's never Man U or Everton games that get moved. But then if they can move games then pretty soon any fixture will be fair game.

Cos it's all in the interest of money.
      waltonl4
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 37,791 posts | 7189 
      Reply #37: Nov 06, 2010 02:30:23 pm
      Would the 39th game be home or away and it would mean playing just one team 3 times and that would crazy.If we are joint top and Play Utd and Everton play West ham ( humour me) that wouldnt be fair would it. Maybe some kind of playoff for the top 4 pre season for a title might work but just one game  dosent make sense to  me other than from a commercial point.
      Going back to the thread who isnt going to commit whilst they are on big salaries and contracts. I think they will find dealing with agents very frustrating dont we all.
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 36,044 posts | 3967 
      Reply #38: Nov 06, 2010 02:32:35 pm

F**k yes.
      If they're anything like the bird in the pic all F***ing day, long as they don't jump around and sing the stupid F***ing songs.
      RedLFCBlood
      Reply #39: Nov 06, 2010 02:33:53 pm
      Think TDandseveralotherkletter s made the point yesterday after Werner had made the comments, personally don't agree myself but can see it coming, juts hope it's never Man U or Everton games that get moved. But then if they can move games then pretty soon any fixture will be fair game.

If it happens I get the feeling many things would probably change evenetually, I'd imagine something like play offs for European and relegation places would surely follow, so the 39th game would become somewhat of a mini Tornament probably hosted in a different country and beamed all around the world.
      TKIDLLTK
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 8,362 posts | 158 
      Reply #40: Nov 06, 2010 03:10:33 pm

Yeah, not something I would be enthusiastic about, but something I could see happening with each team losing one home game a year, or every other year - but I'm not sure that many people around the world want to see Blackpool v WBA... Another problem is fitting it in, considering they'd have to travel, there could be no mid-week game.

As for the 39th idea, that will never happen, it makes a mockery of the league format if we are a point ahead of Utd and we have to play Chelsea in Dubai heat and they play Bolton in New York, we draw, they win, we draw, they win the league? F**k that.
      TKIDLLTK
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 8,362 posts | 158 
      Reply #41: Nov 06, 2010 03:11:55 pm
      play offs for European and relegation places

actually, that would be amazing, very exciting imagine the team coming 4th and getting relegated... or the 18th team going to the CL :lmao: :P
      KopKarl
      • Forum Billy Liddell

• 587 posts |
      Reply #42: Nov 06, 2010 03:35:37 pm
      Good read.
      I totally agree with the headline sentiment that players not totally committed to the cause can do one, I think pretty much all of us would agree with that.

39th game? No thanks! I'm glad that the EPL has such huge global appeal but it should never be played outside of England (unless the likes of Cardiff get promoted, ;D).

Debt has become a swear word to LFC fans but common sense would suggest that the massive outlay required to build a new stadium means that you HAVE to take on debt. Properly managed, it wouldn't be a crippling burden like the acquisition debt we've just shaken off.

All in all, NESV are continuing to make the right noises (except for the 39th game nonsense).
      Couldn't of said better myself
      Dmasta
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,895 posts | 553 
      Reply #43: Nov 06, 2010 04:28:27 pm
      Is right on the committing or F**k off. Not for the 39th Prem game though, If we actually got any games in Perth it would be something lame like Bolton vs Stoke or some crap like that.
      racerx34
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 33,683 posts | 3904 
      • THE SALT IN THE SOUP
      Reply #44: Nov 06, 2010 04:34:18 pm
      Whats not to like, red and white gooood.

Strictly speaking that's not red...

What... :D
      LFCexiled
      Reply #45: Nov 06, 2010 04:47:23 pm
      Strictly speaking that's not red...

What... :D

Pedant. ;)

Quick Reply