Trending Topics

Next match: v [] Thu 1st Jan @ 1:00 am

Today is the 23rd of May and on this date LFC's match record is P9 W4 D1 L4

LFC Reds Poll

Q. Vote for your man of the match.

Martin Kelly
      (2.7%)
      Jamie Carragher
      (0.4%)
      Steven Gerrard
      (0.4%)
      Lucas Leiva
      (57.4%)
      Dirk Kuyt
      (0.4%)
      Fernando Torres
      (38.8%)

Liverpool 2-0 Chelsea: In Game and Post Match Delight

Read 66229 times
      Tayls
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 5,378 posts | 510 
      Re: Liverpool 2-0 Chelsea: In Game and Post Match Delight
      Reply #943: Nov 09, 2010 02:59:00 pm
      Logging on from a internet cafe in La Paz, Bolivia just to say how much i enjoyed watching the game. Managed to catch the full replay on delay with some fantastically annoying Spanish commentary!  ;D They sure love Torres here though, the commentator was singing the Torres bounce after the 2nd!

Thought Lucas was absolutely magnificent. Was it just me or did he look so much more confident? I´m thinking the recent Brazil caps have really given him a boost and it´s great he´s bringing that form back to us. Kelly was also fantastic, some brilliant tackles and covering. Torres finally looked interested again, and my god you could tell what was going to happen as soon as he got the ball for his second. Every replay I see of that it seems more fantastic. Blinder of a finish.

Still think we need wingers to replace Maxi (who put in decent shift but still doesn´t look like a first teamer) and clearly Meireles is not a right winger.

Also though Hodgson´s tactics were spot on funnily enough. You play against the best team in the Premiership and you don´t want to give them any space to play in your own half. It was clear Roy told the lads to let them have it in their half (hence the rather misleading possession stats) but as soon as they came into ours there was good pressure and our players were snapping into the tackle, which was a pleasure to see.

Great result, and now we´ll see whether we keep this run up. I don´t want to congratulate Roy too much because I think his tactics work well against better teams but leave a lot to be desired against the lesser ones. We´ll see whether we have a change of approach in the coming games.

Nonetheless, a fantastic win, and a clean sheet against a team who were scoring for fun recently.

Adios!
      kelvo
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,207 posts | 52 
      Reply #944: Nov 09, 2010 04:37:24 pm
      Great performance particularly 1st half but we dug in and looked like a team 2nd half when they started looking more threatening.

Thought it was Lucas best game for us, he was superb in the centre of the park! Kelly and Torres also had very good games, Torres 2nd goal was world class and hopefully he will go on again from this game.

Well in Dirk for a great return from injury too.

F**k off Chelsea FC...you aint got no history........ ;D

Bring on Wigan........YNWA
      Pepe Reina
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,480 posts | 14 
      Reply #945: Nov 09, 2010 05:08:45 pm
      Liverpool vs Chelsea 2:0 | Highlights 7.11.2010

I must of watched this about 50 times now. D:
      Xavier79
      • Forum Barry Venison

• 169 posts | 17 
      Reply #946: Nov 10, 2010 01:49:42 am

Week end news:
      A spaniard ass kicked 11 London tourists in front of 44,000 witnesses in Liverpool on Sunday night. ;)
      wallbanger
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,181 posts |
      Reply #947: Nov 10, 2010 02:18:16 am
      well three reds were named to ESPN  team of the week
      reina
      carragher
      torres thats how well we played well done reds

Quick Reply