Trending Topics

Next match: v [] Thu 1st Jan @ 1:00 am

Today is the 24th of May and on this date LFC's match record is P14 W9 D1 L4

The Official SPL Thread

Read 31392 times
      thereds13
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,206 posts | 18 
      Re: The Official SPL Thread
      Reply #115: Feb 24, 2011 08:39:50 pm
       :D
      Brian78
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,360 posts | 2877 
      • A Liverbird upon my chest
      Reply #116: Feb 24, 2011 08:40:36 pm
      Great win for LFC in the Europa League tonight!

It was wasnt it. Looking forward to Liverpools premier league tie on Sunday.

Oh is this the wrong thread   ;)

Nice one Ayrton
      Bpatel
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,902 posts | 158 
      Reply #117: Feb 24, 2011 08:40:49 pm
      Great win for LFC in the Europa League tonight!

Just about made it but i'm glad we're through.
      ayrton77
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,775 posts | 627 
      • © Established Quality Since 1977
      Reply #118: Feb 24, 2011 08:43:22 pm
      Just about made it but i'm glad we're through.

Wonder who we'll get in the next round?

Kenny looked really happy, I'm sure it's a big deal for him to go as far as possible in this competition.

Could have put this in the match thread, but maybe more people will read it in here! :D
      Bpatel

• 9,902 posts | 158 
      Reply #119: Feb 24, 2011 08:47:40 pm
      Wonder who we'll get in the next round?

Braga or Lech Poznan. Braga winning 2-1agg so looking likely that we meet them.

Oh...Gerrard looked really into the match as well. Great celebration from him, can't wait to have him back playing again.
      bigvYNWA
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,795 posts | 994 
      Reply #120: Feb 24, 2011 08:51:52 pm
      No mate, we have good links to the likes of Celtic especially after the link in thereds13 post.

That'll be the first game played after Hillsborough.

I understand that, but i still don't like Celtic as a club a whole lot. Thats respectable of course, and i love that - but i was more meaning on the footballing side. I want the others to win cos i find it F***ing boring that those two are always up there.

Separating the sentiment and looking at pure football, who here (apart from fans of those two) would take another team winning that league for once? I would think many would love to see a bit more of a tight race.

I do vastly prefer Celtic over Rangers, though, and always go for them in the Old Firm. So point proven :D

Oh, and F***ing great win by the reds tonight ;)
      ORCHARD RED

• 8,526 posts | 1457 
      • 6 Times!
      Reply #121: Feb 24, 2011 09:14:37 pm
      No disrespect to SPL teams, but most of them are no better than League of Ireland or Irish league teams. I personaly couldn't watch any of the matches outside the Old Firm Derby's.
      bigears

• 6,125 posts | 287 
      • My bird looks great in red
      Reply #122: Feb 24, 2011 11:01:27 pm
      there was talk some time ago about them wanting to join pl ,dont know if it"s true,but if it was to happen neither of them would be havin it their own way.
      NorthernIrishRed
      • Forum Vladimir Smicer

• 195 posts |
      Reply #123: Feb 24, 2011 11:31:05 pm
      Both SPL old firm teams are Mid Table at best (EPL)

Hate when people continually try to prove there is a link between one Glasgow club and not the other, I could show you just as much, if not more proof of Liverpools link to Rangers oppossed to Celtic....but who cares?

We had two ex-Gers on for us today....what more proof of the rangers link do you need? ;):)
      Cad1875
      • Forum Alan Hansen

• 635 posts | 59 
      Reply #124: Feb 25, 2011 07:51:22 pm
      No disrespect to SPL teams, but most of them are no better than League of Ireland or Irish league teams. I personaly couldn't watch any of the matches outside the Old Firm Derby's.

Your teams your team mate, through  thick and thin,  more thin being a Hibby but hey ho we all cant win trophies wouldnt change it for the world .

As for  the ugly sisters I wish the EPL ,The Premiership, somebody ,anybody ,  would take them theyre a pain in the arse ,same sh*te week in week out ,year in year out
      Alba Red
      • Forum John Aldridge

• 108 posts |
      Reply #125: Feb 25, 2011 07:54:56 pm
      Cad1875 . I Agree with you mate they are a pain in the arse . I would love them to leave the leauge don't do it a lot agreeing with a hibby. ;D
      JFT96_LFC
      • Forum Billy Liddell

• 619 posts |
      • You'll Never Walk Alone
      Reply #126: Mar 02, 2011 07:15:52 pm
      If anyone has a "good quality" stream for tonights Old Firm game post a
      link in here. Thanks.
      Cad1875
      • Forum Alan Hansen

• 635 posts | 59 
      Reply #127: Mar 02, 2011 11:09:56 pm
      The Ugly Sisters tonight took us to another all time low , with Ally and Neil having a pop at each other ,
      3 red cards ,rebel songs , The Dambusters with some Fenian Blood thrown in ,total  disgrace both of them
      Its a pity some poor sods going to die tonight because of a football match,  not to mention the  domestic violence  women go through after every one of these games .

I cant see Kenny and SAF , or Harry, and Arsne Wenger coming to blows  ,but Ally and Neil think its the norm just wait for the ,
      " he did that first , ," but " what aboot him in the first match " ,black ,white up down no class both of them,
       they so much want to be at the top table with the elite of football ,but in reality  the fix they crave is of songs sung with friends of the same ilk, Fenian Blood for one end  and , Thomson Guns,the other ,football is just the avenue there cancer thrives on ,year in year out the new kids on the block roll in with dad and the wheel gos round .
      You try  singing  these songs outside Mc Donalds and your lifted pronto ,how come  theres not thousands lifted every week in and around  Scottish Football grounds ,when these two teams meet or visit the rest of Scotland  ,sorry for the moan but they should both just f**k off and take the knuckle dragging hordes with them
      « Last Edit: Mar 03, 2011 06:14:26 am by Cad1875 »
      higgy_sham
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 3,279 posts | 802 
      Reply #128: Mar 03, 2011 12:18:09 am
      Its a pity some poor sods going to die tonight because of a football match,

???

Behave yourself
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 39,682 posts | 6976 
      Reply #129: Mar 03, 2011 01:05:16 am
      The SPL is a load of sh*te.  Rangers and Celtic aren't fit to wipe the arses of Liverpool's Under 18's.  All the action seems to be in the stands, not on the pitch.

If anyone has a problem with the above statement - I'd suggest they are on the wrong football forum.
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,453 posts | 8660 
      Reply #130: Mar 03, 2011 03:00:27 am
      Rangers and Celtic aren't fit to wipe the arses of Liverpool's Under 18's. 

Like two fleas arguing over the dog they live on.
      Cad1875
      • Forum Alan Hansen

• 635 posts | 59 
      Reply #131: Mar 03, 2011 06:07:55 am

Behave myself,

its  a well known fact that  after any Ugly Sisters match  hospitals admitions very much up, domestic violence up,
       deaths related to this game a sad fact  , anything else in my post you disagree with
      « Last Edit: Mar 03, 2011 06:16:50 am by Cad1875 »
      higgy_sham
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 3,279 posts | 802 
      Reply #132: Mar 03, 2011 06:32:58 am
      It's just you were so sure the fact that someone was being killed which annoyed me, I agree with the majority of your post, well apart from the use of the word Fenian
      Alba Red
      • Forum John Aldridge

• 108 posts |
      Reply #133: Mar 03, 2011 10:32:24 am
      Cad1875 I am with you there that was a all time low . So was when one of your mob was caught throwing a coin to RUDI in the Edinburgh derby at fester road few months back Can't bloody wait till April the 3rd you going . ( Hello, Hello. We are the Gorgie Boys.)
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,453 posts | 8660 
      Reply #134: Mar 03, 2011 12:39:35 pm
      Cad1875 I am with you there that was a all time low . So was when one of your mob was caught throwing a coin to RUDI in the Edinburgh derby at fester road few months back Can't bloody wait till April the 3rd you going . ( Hello, Hello. We are the Gorgie Boys.)

Maybe you can explain what you mean in this thread: http://www.lfcreds.com/reds/index.php?topic=17846.150

And who the F**k are the Gorgie Boys?
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,453 posts | 8660 
      Reply #135: Mar 03, 2011 01:19:15 pm
      Top-level summit arranged after Old Firm 'shame game'

A top-level summit is to be held in Scotland next week to discuss serious disorder surrounding Old Firm games.

First Minister Alex Salmond confirmed the move after an ill-tempered Scottish Cup replay at Celtic Park on Wednesday was described as "shameful".

Three Rangers players were sent off during the tie, which also saw several touch-line and tunnel confrontations and 34 arrests inside the stadium.

The Scottish Football Association (SFA) is to investigate events at the match.

In the run up to the game, the Scottish Police Federation (SPF) - the police officers union - called for a ban on Old Firm games in Glasgow, saying they led to too much violence.

Strathclyde Police - the country's largest force - also warned it would crack down on drink-fuelled violence linked to the fixture after trouble flared in the wake of the previous match.

More than 229 people were arrested in the Strathclyde force area for offences the last time Rangers and Celtic met on 20 February in the league.

At that game 16 people were arrested within the grounds of Celtic Park for alleged offences of a sectarian nature.

Wednesday's game proved to be a heated affair on and off the pitch, with the referee dismissing three Rangers players and issuing a total of 13 yellow cards.

Rangers' forward, El-Hadji Diouf, who was the last player to be sent off after the final whistle for dissent, was involved in a touch-line spat with the Celtic coaching team in the first half.

Seconds after the final whistle, Rangers assistant manager Ally McCoist and Celtic manager Neil Lennon were involved in angry scenes.

Police also made 34 arrests inside the stadium for a variety of sectarian, racial and breach of the peace offences.

Strathclyde Police Chief Constable Stephen House called for a top-level national summit, involving politicians and both clubs, to address the widespread social problems which surround the fixture.

A statement from the force said: "The chief constable has this morning spoken to the first minister (Alex Salmond) regarding the events that have surrounded the Old Firm games this season.

"There can be no doubt that the levels of drunken violence that have blighted our communities and the number of people who have been arrested due to their sectarian behaviour is simply unacceptable. Something has to be done.

"We have today written to the Scottish government urging them to bring all the parties together as soon as possible so that we can discuss these problems frankly and openly."

The call for action is also backed by the SPF, whose chairman Les Gray branded the scenes at Celtic Park as "disgraceful".

He told BBC Radio Scotland's Good Morning Scotland programme: "What happens on the pitch is replicated throughout the streets, the pubs and the clubs and the houses within Scotland.

"The behaviour of all those involved last night was nothing short of disgraceful.

"Something needs to happen, I'm realistic enough to know that they'll probably never stop it but we need to have a serious look at it.

It may well be that they'll have to look at playing the game behind closed doors for two or three times just to see how it goes. People may say it's a great advert for football, a great advert for Scottish football - that wasn't much of an advert last night."

The SFA has announced that it will conduct its own investigation into the events at Wednesday night's ill-tempered cup replay.

Chief executive Stewart Regan said: "The Scottish FA categorically condemns the inflammatory and irresponsible behaviour throughout last night's Scottish Cup replay between Celtic and Rangers at Celtic Park.

"I was both saddened and deeply embarrassed to witness the scenes that unfolded during what is supposed to be Scottish football's flagship fixture.

"These images were broadcast around the world and shows our game in a poor light. I acknowledge the pressures of expectation on both clubs but last night's behaviour crossed the boundaries of acceptable conduct at a football match."

Speaking about violence connected with football, Justice Secretary Kenny MacAskill said: "There is a deep-rooted and unacceptable social issue involved - which has a great deal to do with Scotland's damaging relationship with alcohol, and little to do with football.

"The issue is far wider than clubs and the game. It is about a culture of violence fuelled by alcohol.

"What we and the police are saying is watch and enjoy the football, but individuals need to take responsibility for their own behaviour.

"By all means drink responsibly and safely but do not get drunk, get violent, assault your partner or anyone else - the message is that any such conduct is utterly shameful and unacceptable.

"Win, lose or draw, drunken aggressive behaviour has no place in Scotland - it will not be tolerated, and those who step out of line will be met with the full force of the law."

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-glasgow-west-12631956
      Alba Red
      • Forum John Aldridge

• 108 posts |
      Reply #136: Mar 03, 2011 03:42:53 pm
      Heart Of Midlothian .
      Alba Red
      • Forum John Aldridge

• 108 posts |
      Reply #137: Mar 03, 2011 03:49:37 pm
      Huyton Red the Gorgie Boys are hearts gorgie is the part of Edinburgh we come from and play cad1875 is a Hibs fan that's who the message was to it had nothing to do with the scum playing last night I agreed with him .

Quick Reply