Trending Topics

Next match: Villa v LFC [Premier League] Mon 13th May @ 8:00 pm
      Villa Park

Today is the 10th of May and on this date LFC's match record is P17 W10 D3 L4

January Transfer Kitty?

Read 1793 times
      carheex
      • Banned
      • Started Topic

• 587 posts | -9 
      January Transfer Kitty?
      Nov 12, 2010 02:22:03 pm
      I've just been going through the winter transfer board forum and almost every "link" says that Roy has been promised about £35m to spend in January. The last I heard on the matter was John Henry saying he was making no promises on any finances at this stage. Is this £35m figure just a guess which has been used so much now that people are accepting it as the truth, or is there a quote somewhere from NESV that I've missed?
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,586 posts | 7140 
      Re: January Transfer Kitty?
      Reply #1: Nov 12, 2010 03:01:15 pm
      Surley its going to be our DOF doing the buying not Roy he'll be buying the entire Fulham team for that amount of money noooooooooooooo.
      elnino9_Zii
      • Forum David Johnson

• 220 posts |
      Reply #2: Nov 12, 2010 03:05:33 pm
      Ye ive heard John Henry hasn't promised alot in january.
      though this was before Damien Comolli wasn't it? so maybe now because Henry has got sumone in, he trusts, he may spend some dosh in jan.
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 39,662 posts | 6959 
      Reply #3: Nov 12, 2010 03:39:56 pm
      I've just been going through the winter transfer board forum and almost every "link" says that Roy has been promised about £35m to spend in January. The last I heard on the matter was John Henry saying he was making no promises on any finances at this stage. Is this £35m figure just a guess which has been used so much now that people are accepting it as the truth, or is there a quote somewhere from NESV that I've missed?

I'd imagine the figure relates to the 'cashflow' the new owners invested.

Unfortunately the reds have a couple of problems.  The major areas of investment come through in the summer - ST sales, PL prize money, TV money (paid in installments to a point but generally in the summer), sponsorship cash.

Most of our 2010/11 stuff has therefore been swallowed away by the previous owners.

Anything we spend is thus likely to be 'on credit' from the money we will get next summer.
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,586 posts | 7140 
      Reply #4: Nov 12, 2010 06:17:23 pm
      There will be a point were the new owners have to decide how they are going to back the manager.  Roy is the big fat fly in the ointment I wouldnt give him a penny to spend wouldnt trust him to pick his nose let alone a decent player. With my doom and gloom head on I only see frustration ahead whilst the owners go about trying to prove the Chairmen of 19 other league teams wrong. by then if we are lucky we will be looking up at Everton if we are unlucky we will be looking up at everyone and thats not good is it.
      Arrie
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,763 posts | 64 
      • Being safe is risky nowadays.
      Reply #5: Nov 12, 2010 06:18:46 pm
      There will be a point were the new owners have to decide how they are going to back the manager.  Roy is the big fat fly in the ointment I wouldnt give him a penny to spend wouldnt trust him to pick his nose let alone a decent player. With my doom and gloom head on I only see frustration ahead whilst the owners go about trying to prove the Chairmen of 19 other league teams wrong. by then if we are lucky we will be looking up at Everton if we are unlucky we will be looking up at everyone and thats not good is it.
      Don't worry even if he stays,He wont get a penny to spend
      Brian78
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,307 posts | 2851 
      • A Liverbird upon my chest
      Reply #6: Nov 12, 2010 06:31:32 pm
      Wouldn't give Roy £35 never mind £35 million. Imagine the crap he'd bring in with that loot!!!!l
      Arrie
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,763 posts | 64 
      • Being safe is risky nowadays.
      Reply #7: Nov 12, 2010 06:33:07 pm
      Wouldn't give Roy £35 never mind £35 million. Imagine the crap he'd bring in with that loot!!!!l
      20 mn Carlton cole and 15 mn Bobby Zamora,Perfect for his Hoof ball strategy.
      trebor12
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,035 posts | 69 
      Reply #8: Nov 12, 2010 07:34:07 pm
      For the players being linked with us and the positions we need to strengthen in, 35 million will never be enough. We need a top class striker, they dont come cheap, 2 wingers, a left back and a midfielder.
      before somone says we dont need to strngthen in midfield, one word, Poulson.

Quick Reply