Trending Topics

Next match: v [] Thu 1st Jan @ 1:00 am

Today is the 29th of May and on this date LFC's match record is P8 W3 D3 L2

LFC Reds Poll

Q. Vote for your man of the match.

Pepe Reina
      (14.8%)
      Martin Kelly
      (50.9%)
      Jamie Carragher
      (11.1%)
      Fernando Torres
      (23.1%)

Wigan 1-1 Liverpool: Post Match Annoyance

Read 57393 times
      paulrobbo
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 6,875 posts | 106 
      • We are the Mods!
      Re: Wigan 1-1 Liverpool: Post Match Annoyance
      Reply #644: Nov 10, 2010 09:48:10 pm
      If we sit back like that at Stoke we'll get twatted.
      Pepe Reina
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,480 posts | 14 
      Reply #645: Nov 10, 2010 09:48:14 pm
      Can't believe we played for the draw. Actually, scrap that. I can believe it. Roy Hodgson manages us.
      Brian78
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,362 posts | 2877 
      • A Liverbird upon my chest
      Reply #646: Nov 10, 2010 09:48:17 pm
      I long for the time when I hear  "Hodgson Sacked"

In the morning please God
      jckopking
      • Forum Billy Liddell

• 539 posts | 10 
      Reply #647: Nov 10, 2010 09:48:53 pm
      Lucas couldn't pass a ball ahead of another if he tried all day, Shelvey just isn't ready, Koncheskey is just a little boy ball chasing and giving away stupid fouls in stupid places, Skrtl the same ! WTF.
      therealjr
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 1,116 posts | 147 
      Reply #648: Nov 10, 2010 09:49:36 pm
      On the good side, it shows JWH we need a new manager. But that is the only positive.

Only if he has a football advisor who can tell him that a point away at Wigan actually ISN'T a good result. Otherwise he might believe Woy.
      aussieredave
      • Forum Ian Callaghan

• 961 posts |
      Reply #649: Nov 10, 2010 09:50:18 pm
      Did Shelvey make a completed pass or tackle or shot on goal?

Frustrating performance, back to the old hoof the ball up to Torres and watch him struggle.
      Frankly, Mr Shankly
      Reply #650: Nov 10, 2010 09:51:08 pm
      I'm really disappointed because I felt this was the match for us to drive on and storm back into the top 4 but no

Tonight has left me feeling like I've eaten the teasing death cap mushroom.

Just when I thought we were getting better - we die instantly.
      Frankly, Mr Shankly
      Reply #651: Nov 10, 2010 09:51:43 pm
      But well done Martin Kelly. You're doing us proud.
      corballyred
      • Banned

• 17,707 posts | 307 
      Reply #652: Nov 10, 2010 09:51:48 pm
      Outrageous tactics I've seen them in nearly every game this season, he sits off teams and lets them play and then plays long ball when in possession. Horrible football.
      waltonl4
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 37,693 posts | 7160 
      Reply #653: Nov 10, 2010 09:52:44 pm
      I think the owners have made it quite clear Roy is there man. So i am not going to beat myself up anymore or respond to the deluded ones on here  who think that by some f***in miracle Roy will ever be anything but an average manager.
      mattmcg
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,410 posts | 103 
      Reply #654: Nov 10, 2010 09:53:32 pm
      That performance from Konchesky was one of the most shambolic I have ever seen.  He was by far and away the worst player in a team that played complete sh*te for 80 minutes.  Martin Kelly ( a centre back) could give him a lesson or two in how to defend as a full back.

Dirk Kuyt once again follows a decent game against Chelsea with a masterpiece display of how to lose the ball.  Martin Skrtel once again shows how F***ing dodgy he is and the likes of Carra and Meireles, when he was on, continually hoof the ball upfield to nobody.

I could criticise every single player but we all know, the brunt of our anger should be aimed at the negative tactics deployed by a clueless, uninspiring old man who had not the slightest idea of how to cope with Martinez' Wigan side lying in the relegation zone.
      Timi
      • Forum Billy Liddell

• 608 posts |
      Reply #655: Nov 10, 2010 09:54:14 pm
      People are leaving this great club soon, sadly I don't think one of them will be Roy. But certainly wish it was...
      Ally-LFC
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,625 posts | 113 
      • Walk on, walk on, with hope in your heart
      Reply #656: Nov 10, 2010 09:54:40 pm
      Wow, I can't see how Kelly was the best player, thought he look uncomfortable with the ball all game.

If I had to pick a motm, I'd have said Lucas.

Still baffled why Ngog was left on the bench all night.
      How can we go fro being so confident in one game (with the same 11 btw) , to so awful and unconfident in the next? Why did we sh*t ourselves when they got a bit of confidence after the goal? We played Chelsea at the weekend and looked far more capable in defence.

Just can't wait to hear Roy say how good a point that was.

F***ing terrible.
      MaxC
      • Forum Roger Hunt

• 504 posts | 15 
      Reply #657: Nov 10, 2010 09:54:57 pm
      Didn't Pelligrini say that the Liverpool Hierarchy was only going to appoint an Englishman? For me Pelligrini>Martinez and Martinez>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Woy.
      corballyred
      • Banned

• 17,707 posts | 307 
      Reply #658: Nov 10, 2010 09:55:33 pm
      Konchesky and Poulsen cost the club about £10 million and Hodgson wants to be given money in January. I wouldn't give him 10 cent.
      GERNS
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 12,387 posts | 1542 
      Reply #659: Nov 10, 2010 09:55:38 pm
      Would John Henry's statisticians be watching Hodgesons performances as well as the players ? would they understand football tactics enough to realise he is constantly way off the mark. If they analise players performances, surely they are analising Roys as well. They would also hopefully notice our achillies heels are all the players roy has brought in. Surely the writing is on the wall for roy, and only time will tell. Think we may have a new manager as a christmas present if todays set up is anything to go by. He seemed to carry on how he finished against Chelsea, Defend Defend Defend, Hoof it Hoof it Hoof it.
      RedLFCBlood
      Reply #660: Nov 10, 2010 09:56:57 pm
      Outrageous tactics I've seen them in nearly every game this season, he sits off teams and lets them play and then plays long ball when in possession. Horrible football.

Agreed Corbally thats why I didn't get carried away after the Chelsea game as we spent nigh on the entirety of the second half camped in our half, because the style of football Hodgson plays means you can not play your way out of defense, you have to hoof it up field and pray to god Torres isn't surrounded by two/three big geezers wanting to jump all over him and pull him all over.
      kenny
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,314 posts | 76 
      Reply #661: Nov 10, 2010 09:58:40 pm
      I picked Kelly because he was the best of a bad bunch. Young Shelvey was shocking but i don't blame him, he was played out of position by our useless manager. Overall we were lucky to get away with a draw.
      red_squirrel
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,131 posts | 15 
      Reply #662: Nov 10, 2010 09:58:40 pm
      Roy clearly dislikes away games.  Is it two wins away in two years or something? 
      MaxC
      • Forum Roger Hunt

• 504 posts | 15 
      Reply #663: Nov 10, 2010 10:00:25 pm
      I think the owners have made it quite clear Roy is there man. So I am not going to beat myself up anymore or respond to the deluded ones on here  who think that by some f***in miracle Roy will ever be anything but an average manager.
      I don't think we can call Roy as average. Come on when a relegation team such as Wigan, Blackpool and even Northampton can beat us of the park. Roy's sh*t. He is the perennial underdog.........He tactics are for damage limitation, not for destruction and believe me i think liverpool destroys other teams. Its like we are witnessing a 65 year old man with a very bad eyesight and bad reflexes competing in Formula 1.
      Pepe Reina
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,480 posts | 14 
      Reply #664: Nov 10, 2010 10:00:34 pm
      Roy's subs tonight we're horrific. Why the hell would you bring on Poulsen, Nathan and Shelvey instead of Ngog, Jovanovic and Spearing.

Every player for us with the exception of Kelly who was solid and Carra who was exceptional was woeful tonight.
      Zebedee
      • Forum Gary McAllister

• 93 posts |
      Reply #665: Nov 10, 2010 10:01:12 pm
      What a woeful horrendous performance from the team,what has roy taught those player,its absolutely dismal display from the reds and if we continue like this we ll find ourselves at the bottom again! fire roy and get it done soon,he is not livepool material at all!
      number7
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 803 posts |
      Reply #666: Nov 10, 2010 10:02:55 pm
      Manuel Pellegrini has taken up Málaga's post last week or 2 weeks ago.
      You better pray to God to ask for Roy's replacement, it won't happen soon.

Quick Reply