Trending Topics

Next match: Betis v LFC [Friendly] Sat 27th Jul @ 12:30 am
      Acrisure Stadium

Today is the 16th of June and on this date LFC's match record is P0 W0 D0 L0

NESV Appoint Global Search Firm to Recruit CEO

Read 6040 times
      racerx34
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 33,683 posts | 3904 
      • THE SALT IN THE SOUP
      NESV Appoint Global Search Firm to Recruit CEO
      Nov 11, 2010 11:26:36 pm
      Www.worldfootballinsider.com                                   Global executive search firm Spencer Stuart appointed to advise on recruitment of new Chief Executive Officer. It will be led by Jonathan Smith. Candidates from UK and abroad will be considered. It is hoped the process will be completed early in the new year.
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 36,044 posts | 3967 
      Re: NESV Appoint Global Search Firm to Recruit CEO
      Reply #1: Nov 12, 2010 12:19:57 am
      This is probably an indication of how far we have actually progressed, what chance is there of replacing the manager if the executive chairman has yet to be appointed? Patience is indeed a virtue.   
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 39,687 posts | 6981 
      Reply #2: Nov 12, 2010 02:09:33 am
      Just out of interest, it isn't NESV now.

The holding company of Liverpool FC is now UKSV, registered the same day as the takeover.
      BLEED_RED
      • Forum Billy Liddell

• 604 posts | 22 
      • American Kopite
      Reply #3: Nov 12, 2010 04:00:28 am
      This is probably an indication of how far we have actually progressed, what chance is there of replacing the manager if the executive chairman has yet to be appointed? Patience is indeed a virtue.   

They are priming the boardroom for a blow out. I am excited and kind of scared about how radically things may change when the boardroom gets set. And by scared I am not worried, just there may be sweeping changes.
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      • TU TA LOUCO? FILHO DA PUTA!
      Reply #4: Nov 12, 2010 04:54:11 am
      Im convinced this season is just a buffer for the new owners to get everything ready for a raid next season. Everything is being primed for a massive reshaping and the new people will lead us in to a new season, with a new manager and new players.
      RedPuppy
      • Still European.
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 19,270 posts | 2859 
      • Parum Rutilus Canis: Illegitimi non carborundum
      Reply #5: Nov 12, 2010 06:26:08 am
      Im convinced this season is just a buffer for the new owners to get everything ready for a raid next season. Everything is being primed for a massive reshaping and the new people will lead us in to a new season, with a new manager and new players.

I think your right. Little too quiet, which is fine.

It is nothing like any other "Big" takeovers before... Very sedate and calm.

Billy1
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,638 posts | 1966 
      Reply #6: Nov 12, 2010 07:22:02 am
      I think your right. Little too quiet, which is fine.

It is nothing like any other "Big" takeovers before... Very sedate and calm.

After Hicks and Gillett it needs to be sedate and calm,we do not need any false promises as we have had enough of them in the last three and a half years.
      ayrton77
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,775 posts | 627 
      • Š Established Quality Since 1977
      Reply #7: Nov 12, 2010 08:14:56 am

I agree with this.

Whilst things are icredibly frustrating right now, I think it is a sign of intelligence from the owners that they are not rushing into any decisions.

They are fully aware that mid-season, the number of managers and players who are available, and of the quality we require, is vastly reduced.

Whilst I don't think Roy is the right man and would like to see him replaced, I want to see him replaced by the right person. A competent manager with the abilities to take us forward, not just a replacement for replacements sake.

What's more difficult is that where we finish in the Premier League may have an impact on the players we can sign next summer. However, I like to believe that if we have the right man in place, with a club that is showing it wants to expand and improve, the players will look at us as an excellent long-term prospect.
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 36,044 posts | 3967 
      Reply #8: Nov 12, 2010 10:11:05 am
      That certainly looks the way of it mate, what better time to install a new board etc is there than the close season when player and managerial issues can be put on the back burner for while.
      « Last Edit: Nov 14, 2010 03:05:53 pm by stuey »
      Reprobate
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 11,055 posts | 436 
      • Avatar by Kitster29@Deviantart.com
      Reply #9: Nov 12, 2010 11:16:59 am

The holding company of Liverpool FC is now UKSV, registered the same day as the takeover.
      Makes sense. Although they could have gone from New England to Old England or Real England, ;D
      racerx34
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 33,683 posts | 3904 
      • THE SALT IN THE SOUP
      Reply #10: Nov 12, 2010 11:34:31 am
      They could have left the initials alone and called it- Not English
      therealjr
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 1,116 posts | 147 
      Reply #11: Nov 12, 2010 11:46:26 am

and I assume NESV are the holding company of UKSV? Just hope it's not the same sort of mess the other bunch on muppets got into with no-one knowing exactly who owned what.
      waltonl4
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 37,791 posts | 7190 
      Reply #12: Nov 12, 2010 12:07:26 pm
      I wish we could get back to the days when we didnt know or didnt care who was in the boardroom only who was in the Bootroom.
      redrox
      • Forum Billy Liddell

• 578 posts | 13 
      Reply #13: Nov 13, 2010 04:26:02 am

I really hope so.
      RedLFCBlood
      Reply #14: Nov 13, 2010 11:25:55 am

Pretty much agree Crouchy what I will say is this as I told people like Racer and Shabs and one or two others in PM's before it was even announced by Paul Tomkins, was that John Henry was speaking to Tomkins.

Now what ever the side of Fence you sit on regarding Tomkins one thing that can not be denied is his overwhelming database and analytical factual research.

Tomkins is now in a good position as John Henry's sabermetrics and Tomkins database and knowledge are a marriage made in heaven and Tomkins is only too happy to give John Henry any support he needs.

John Henry is surrounding is surrounding himself in football men and immersing himself into Liverpool and doing what you could call a crash course on Liverpool F.C and football in General.

The point I'm getting at is John Henry knows his inexperience in football, he won't care about writing off a season to take on advice from footballing men and make sure he gets the right people in place to make decisions that will have long term benefits for his investment and Liverpool F.C as a whole.

reddebs
      • "LFC Hipster"
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,980 posts | 2264 
      Reply #15: Nov 14, 2010 11:29:13 am
      We've had the takeover speculation, the transfer speculation and the manager speculation so here comes the new CEO speculation. 

Liverpool in link to Peter Lawwell

Peter Lawwell has emerged as a potential candidate to become Liverpool’s new chief executive.

The Anfield club’s owners, New England Sports Ventures, have appointed global head-hunters with the brief to find “business leaders with an interest in, and experience of, football”.

Lawwell previously spurned the advances of Arsenal when he was given the chance to take up a similar position at the Emirates Stadium, opting to remain at Celtic.

Liverpool’s new owner, American businessman John W Henry, wants someone with a knowledge of British football to fill the void left by the departure of Christian Purslow soon after his take-over deal was completed.

An appointment is likely to be made early in the new year.

www.eveningtimes.co.uk
      shabbadoo
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 29,481 posts | 4596 
      Reply #16: Nov 14, 2010 11:54:51 am
      David dein would be the ideal candidate.
      redkop63
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 6,890 posts | 455 
      Reply #17: Nov 14, 2010 01:39:26 pm

Any likelihood of H+C Part II? I'm feeling uncomfortable now.
      RedLFCBlood
      Reply #18: Nov 14, 2010 01:41:46 pm
      Any likelihood of H+C Part II? I'm feeling uncomfortable now.

Fooking hell mate, they have only been here five minutes, just check out their history at the Brooklyn Red Socks, they are poles apart from H&G and that comparison is offensive when they haven't even had a chance to implement their plans.
      redkop63

• 6,890 posts | 455 
      Reply #19: Nov 14, 2010 01:44:58 pm
      Fooking hell mate, they have only been here five minutes, just check out their history at the Brooklyn Red Socks, they are poles apart from H&G and that comparison is offensive when they haven't even had a chance to implement their plans.

Red Sox is Red Sox, LFC is LFC and both are also more than poles apart. I don't give a damn what they do with and what has happened and will happen to Red Sox, but LFC, yes SIR, I do.
      RedLFCBlood
      Reply #20: Nov 14, 2010 02:04:40 pm
      Red Sox is Red Sox, LFC is LFC and both are also more than poles apart. I don't give a damn what they do with and what has happened and will happen to Red Sox, but LFC, yes SIR, I do.

And we all want whats best for Liverpool FC and that invokes being patient with the owners and allowing them implement their strategy, they have only been here five minutes Rome wasn't built in a day.

So you want them to sack Roy its an easy decision, then what ?

What does Nesv and John Henry know about football ?

Perhaps we'll jump from the frying pan into the fire and he'll apoint Big Sam, let NESV get the people into help them make the right  footballing decisions to drive the club forward and show a little patience.
      Roddenberry
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 16,568 posts | 1876 
      Reply #21: Nov 14, 2010 02:13:32 pm
      And we all want whats best for Liverpool FC and that invokes being patient with the owners and allowing them implement their strategy, they have only been here five minutes Rome wasn't built in a day.

Perhaps we'll jump from the frying pan into the fire and he'll apoint Big Sam, let NESV get the people into help them make the right  footballing decisions to drive the club forward and show a little patience.

Aye, good post.  Patience is required.  I was involved in a take-over a few years back, the company I worked for was swallowed by a bigger one.  Nothing changed straightaway, in fact for 6 months it was like we were still two different companies & to be honest, it is only in the last year that it's really started to seem like a cohesive whole.  I know some are clamouring for change & on a couple of aspects I'm with them, but I expect this to be a slow, incremental process. 
      redkop63

• 6,890 posts | 455 
      Reply #22: Nov 14, 2010 02:38:21 pm

I can be and I should be patient when it comes to NESV appointing the Board/CEO, and NESV need and should be given as much time to do so to ensure that they have got the right calibre of people onto the Board plus the CEO to chart the long term future of the club. More than agreed on that. But in the meantime, they need to also realise that they need to act fast on the manager as our performance on the pitch only tells us that we can only get worse and the incoming board and CEO, at the earliset perhaps next February or March ain't going to be much help as by then and it may be too late, we could be one of the bottom three teams with not too many games left. It's the timing I'm talking about here. Big Sam, quite unlikely, there are much better candidates out there.

Quick Reply