Trending Topics

Next match: Betis v LFC [Friendly] Sat 27th Jul @ 12:30 am
      Acrisure Stadium

Today is the 16th of June and on this date LFC's match record is P0 W0 D0 L0

Roy happy with Liverpool squad.

Read 7386 times
      GERNS
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 12,388 posts | 1543 
      Re: Roy happy with Liverpool squad.
      Reply #69: Nov 27, 2010 10:31:55 pm
      And yet a lot of that pretty penny was given back to various charities and good causes on Merseyside!!

I wonder if Woy will be so charitable when he finally gets his pay-off?

He didn't exactly struggle though huyton, £ 96 grand was a very kind and careing gesture which he had no need to do. But out of a £6 mill pay off, it was peanuts really.
      GERNS
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 12,388 posts | 1543 
      Reply #70: Nov 27, 2010 10:48:20 pm
      Roy has made a rod for his own back really, He failed to shove one up old whiskey nose, and defend Torres, he told Reina to adapt a more english style to his game, publicly slated Johnson, said he inherited a massive unnecessary squad, moved players out and then said the squad was too small. His build up to matches is usually to talk up the opposition, (perhaps so a loss doesn't seem so bad.) He had a go at the supporters for chanting 'Dalglish' when the more dignified action would have been to keep his mouth shut once more. He just doesn't help himself to get supporters to endear to him. And on top of that, he buys Koncheski and Poulson, plays too defensive, negative football and blames everyone and anyone when things go wrong. Never holds his hand up an says " Yeah, I got the tactics wrong, didn't work like I expected and we got taken apart." 
       We are then supposed to show our undying support for him, and belive he is the right man to take our club forward.    BOLLOCKS.  He might be happy with the squad now, wait until we have two losses on the trot, see what he thinks of the squad then. There will undoubtadly be another change of opinion from him. He says what he thinks people, mainly the media, want to hear.
      Roddenberry
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 16,568 posts | 1876 
      Reply #71: Nov 27, 2010 10:56:35 pm
      He didn't exactly struggle though huyton, £ 96 grand was a very kind and careing gesture which he had no need to do. But out of a £6 mill pay off, it was peanuts really.

It wasn't just the 96k though, he made various charitable donations & the £6m pay off wasn't even half of what he could have claimed.
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,517 posts | 8685 
      Reply #72: Nov 28, 2010 02:17:05 am
      It wasn't just the 96k though, he made various charitable donations & the £6m pay off wasn't even half of what he could have claimed.

Bang on!!

There were charitable donations made to Clatterbridge, the Rhys Jones charity and a few others as well.
      little-Luis:)
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 7,844 posts | 179 
      Reply #73: Nov 28, 2010 03:59:38 am
      How can anyone be happy with a Liverpool Football Club squad that 'boasts' Christain Poulsen, Brad Jones and Paul Konchesky?
      ORCHARD RED
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 8,526 posts | 1457 
      • 6 Times!
      Reply #74: Nov 28, 2010 08:33:33 am
      How can anyone be happy with a Liverpool Football Club squad that 'boasts' Christain Poulsen, Brad Jones and Paul Konchesky?
      United, Chelsea, Everton fans! They all seem pretty happy with that!
      kelvo
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,207 posts | 52 
      Reply #75: Nov 28, 2010 10:00:39 am
      We need a top left back and a world class winger along with a back up striker for Nando.

Clear the crap out ...and yes that includes Konchesky and Poulsen Roy!

My fear is that it has nothing to do with the personnel, its all about the wrong tactics.
      red_squirrel
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,131 posts | 15 
      Reply #76: Nov 28, 2010 11:18:03 pm
      Well lets see:

Reina

Aurelio
      Agger
      Skrtel
      Johnson

Maxi
      Meireles
      Lucas
      Kuyt
      Gerrard

Torres

Subs from:
      Aquilani (see relevant thread!)
      Cole
      Pacheco
      Ngog
      Babel
      Soto
      Carragher
      Jova

We should be pushing for top 4, without a doubt.  I can't accept this belief that the squad is as poor as the press etc make out.

Now what was it, something about vicars and sugar!?
      « Last Edit: Nov 29, 2010 12:54:21 pm by red_squirrel »
      Red Rob 60
      • Forum Ian St John

• 448 posts | 43 
      Reply #77: Nov 28, 2010 11:53:51 pm
      Roy happy with squad... it's just a pity that the squad isn't happy with him.
      albertared
      • Forum Kevin Keegan

• 330 posts | 11 
      Reply #78: Nov 29, 2010 09:15:29 pm
      Going by his previos quotes, he's either two-faced, a moron or incompetent - although possibly a combination of all 3.  This smacks of someone receiveing some PR training after doing several bodge jobs.  Too little & definitely too late for many I believe.

Of course, it couldn't possibly be anything to do with scummy rags editing everything everyone says to suit their own sensationalist ends? No No!
      waltonl4
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 37,791 posts | 7190 
      Reply #79: Nov 29, 2010 09:20:19 pm
      It seems we have a couple of everything in the garden is rosy forum members. Please look at the league table then look at the detail and then tell us NESV are doing a great job and Roy is Manager of the Month for NOV.
      waltonl4
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 37,791 posts | 7190 
      Reply #80: Nov 29, 2010 09:23:15 pm
      And yet a lot of that pretty penny was given back to various charities and good causes on Merseyside!!

I wonder if Woy will be so charitable when he finally gets his pay-off?
      not to mention is loyal wife who worked tirelessly for charity on the Wirral and Merseyside.
      RedHon
      • Forum Jason McAteer

• 143 posts |
      Reply #81: Nov 30, 2010 03:28:32 am
      Roy certainly has not done his homework as to the background of the existing team/squad before/when he took over from Rafa. He let off Aquilani and Insua for 2 useless players. If he had done his homework and a lot more planning, he would have known that the squad is good enough with potential to improve with new additions (got to qualify that it has to be good additions though).
      Roddenberry
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 16,568 posts | 1876 
      Reply #82: Nov 30, 2010 03:49:07 am
      Of course, it couldn't possibly be anything to do with scummy rags editing everything everyone says to suit their own sensationalist ends? No No!

I don't read newspapers, all I've seen of Roy's interviews are the TV spots I've seen, which I didn't know they now re-dubbed.  Mind you, impressionism is a dying art, suppose they've got to keep quids in some how.
      daveyd
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,670 posts | 35 
      • Jürgen Klopp to take us back to the top
      Reply #83: Nov 30, 2010 11:04:28 am
      Roy happy with Liverpool squad!! shouldn't it be''Liverpool squad Unhappy with Roy'' :f_whistle:
      MIRO
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,989 posts | 3124 
      • Trust The Universe
      Reply #84: Dec 01, 2010 09:47:09 pm
      This vehicle is reversing! This vehicle is reversing! . . . So now that NESV has their own man in Roy has been told to reassess his opinion on the squad. Nice
      Bang On Racer.

Its corporate speak for we wont be spending any money.

So he is happy with Babel, Konchelsky Jovanavich  ....et al.?

So he doesnt believe we need a world class striker and centre half ?

He knows the right things to say to keep his job does Woy.
      He's f**king full of it.
      red-machine
      • Forum Steve Staunton

• 151 posts |
      Reply #85: Dec 02, 2010 09:32:18 am
      Most Liverpool fans have Benitez down as some kind of hero and yet he could only get this squad of players into 7th in the league at his latest attempt.

Benitez last year in charge was a terrible one, at certain points in the saeson we had nearly a full first eleven players out and whats more even with a significantly weakened squad we didn't look like we would just fold under the pressure from lesser teams and let them play us of the park.

Plus with Rafa we always looked like scoring and i'm pretty sure we were never in 10th position after 15 games.
      MIRO
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,989 posts | 3124 
      • Trust The Universe
      Reply #86: Dec 02, 2010 10:13:09 am
      He's a yes man, first and foremost but he is also a self serving egotist.

Thats all you need to say.

Exactly Debs.
      PGlynn91
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,601 posts | 295 
      • To win just once...
      Reply #87: Dec 03, 2010 01:07:38 am
      Tbh if Roy is satisfied with our current squad he is either deluded or trying to instill confidence into them.
      This squad (the majority of it) came 7th last season when we were supposd to challenge for the title and is struggling again this season with most new additions not good enough ( Konchesky, Poulsen, Joe Cole as of now but I'm sure he will improve)

Roy should only be truely satisfied with his squad when we are looking at Chelsea and United and not trying to leap frog Bolton!!
      The man has been used of managing teams like Fulham his whole career so he thinks what he has now is a gold mine!
      Lets not fool ourselves- Skrtel, Konchesky, Poulsen, Maxi, etc are average and need replacing next summer!!

Quick Reply