Trending Topics

Next match: Betis v LFC [Friendly] Sat 27th Jul @ 12:30 am
      Acrisure Stadium

Today is the 16th of June and on this date LFC's match record is P0 W0 D0 L0

NESV Appoint Global Search Firm to Recruit CEO

Read 6041 times
      RedLFCBlood
      Re: NESV Appoint Global Search Firm to Recruit CEO
      Reply #23: Nov 14, 2010 02:50:37 pm
      Big Sam, quite unlikely, there are much better candidates out there.

Obviously there are, but with NESV'S football inexperience would they appoint the right man ?

I'll take you back to your post.

I can be and I should be patient when it comes to NESV appointing the Board/CEO, and NESV need and should be given as much time to do so to ensure that they have got the right calibre of people onto the Board plus the CEO to chart the long term future of the club.

^^^ That unfortunately stands with making a mangerial appointment too.

Like you I want to see Roy gone, the moment a return of 35 points from 19 games became impossible it was his final in the coffin for me, but I'm prepeared to be patient with NESV not Roy Hodgson to ensure they do the right thing in terms of firing and hiring the right man to use your own words to chart the long term future of LFC.
      « Last Edit: Nov 14, 2010 02:59:32 pm by RedLFCBlood »
      Stevie-G
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,730 posts |
      Reply #24: Nov 14, 2010 02:54:07 pm
      Peter Lawwell - who knows anything about him please? "NESV - our owners" is another topic.
      waltonl4
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 37,791 posts | 7190 
      Reply #25: Nov 14, 2010 02:57:20 pm
      If this season is to be writern off a ssuch and we fail to qualify for the CL (f***in ha f***in ha) we will loose our best players and we will fail to attract the best players. I can see us dropping down to the level of Villa and Everton. we are LFC not Lf PLC without a new manager in giving him a chance to arrest the slide then I feel we are being cheated. We expect and demand the very best why should we except anything less this is turning out to be a very frustrating time. A new CEO will not socre us a winning goal or save a penalty the owners have a very good stand by in Kenny if they feel a new CEO should appoint a new manager but FFS get Rid of Roy or the fans will vote with their feet this time.
      reddebs
      • "LFC Hipster"
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,980 posts | 2264 
      Reply #26: Nov 14, 2010 02:59:42 pm
      Peter Lawwell - who knows anything about him please? "NESV - our owners" is another topic.

Not a lot mate.  Theres nothing much on his very small Wiki page either.

Peter Lawwell is the chief executive of the Scottish Premier League football club Celtic F.C.

After a career working as an executive for a number of companies, including ICI and Hoffman-LaRoche, Lawwell joined Celtic as financial controller in 1990. He left the club and held senior positions in Mining Scotland and Clydeport before returning to Celtic in November 2003 as CEO.

corballyred
      • Banned

• 17,707 posts | 307 
      Reply #27: Nov 14, 2010 03:02:51 pm
      This needs to be seriously speeded up, an appointment needs to be made next week, the longer that clown is here the more damage he does.
      KS67
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,475 posts | 463 
      Reply #28: Nov 14, 2010 03:05:46 pm

He is the Celtic CEO, not sure how they feel about him. I will ask about at work tonight.

He has been there a while now and largely seen success.

However he was in charge of the appointment of Lennon, which was a bit of a farce. Also hired Strachan (very successful) and Mowbray (a joke)
      redkop63
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 6,890 posts | 455 
      Reply #29: Nov 14, 2010 03:24:37 pm
      Obviously there are, but with NESV'S football inexperience would they appoint the right man ?

I'll take you back to your post.

I can be and I should be patient when it comes to NESV appointing the Board/CEO, and NESV need and should be given as much time to do so to ensure that they have got the right calibre of people onto the Board plus the CEO to chart the long term future of the club.

^^^ That unfortunately stands with making a mangerial appointment too.

Like you I want to see Roy gone, the moment a return of 35 points from 19 games became impossible it was his final in the coffin for me, but I'm prepeared to be patient with NESV not Roy Hodgson to ensure they do the right thing in terms of firing and hiring the right man to use your own words to chart the long term future of LFC.

I believe NESV won't act alone in appointing the new manager, they are big corporations and they must already have a very wide network of connections in-place to seek out the next manager. That would be the least of my worries.

Yes, I would like to reiterate the NESV appointment of the Board and CEO will eventually take place and will also be given the responsible to appoint the next manager, but in the meantime, time is an essence we can't wait for the Board/CEO to come on board, it may be too late then. Yours and my argument are as valid, it depends on the timing the Board and CEO are appointed. If say, we appoint the Board/CEO next week or next month, we will have enough games to avoid a relegation battle or perhaps gives us a chance to get into top 4, but if the apointment is say March or April next year and Roy is still around, deploying his negative tactics week in week out, we will be in deep sh*t.
      waltonl4
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 37,791 posts | 7190 
      Reply #30: Nov 14, 2010 04:28:13 pm
      This Peter Lawwell what is he centre forward or defender. We dont need a CEO to play better we need players and a Manager who can manage. i am not in the slightest bit interested the CEO is the owners bi*ch they can have who they want.
      KS67
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,475 posts | 463 
      Reply #31: Nov 14, 2010 11:02:14 pm
      I asked a few of the more knowledgeable Celtic fans at work about Peter Lawwell.

All very complimentary about him, general thing being he took them from a bad financial situation into a consistent profit making club while keeping a (pretty) good onfield performance.
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,517 posts | 8685 
      Reply #32: Nov 14, 2010 11:09:01 pm
      I find it quite embarrassing we're using the term CEO.

What happened to just calling said person Chief Executive.

I know, me and my F***ing luddite ways!!
      RedLFCBlood
      Reply #33: Nov 15, 2010 12:36:31 am
      I find it quite embarrassing we're using the term CEO.

What happened to just calling said person Chief Executive.

I know, me and my F***ing luddite ways!!

Easier to type, pure lazyness on my part. :D
      Stevie-G
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,730 posts |
      Reply #34: Nov 15, 2010 12:23:04 pm
      Now that we've a sporting director, who will decide on the next manager, him or CEO?
      fraggle786
      • Forum John Toshack

• 271 posts | 15 
      Reply #35: Nov 15, 2010 12:27:53 pm
      If say, we appoint the Board/CEO next week or next month, we will have enough games to avoid a relegation battle or perhaps gives us a chance to get into top 4, but if the apointment is say March or April next year and Roy is still around, deploying his negative tactics week in week out, we will be in deep sh*t.

Personally I dont think we are gonna get relegated, I know you shouldn't say that we are too big to be relegated but in our case i think its true. At worst this season we will finish outside of the european spots. AND no way do i think thats acceptable for a club of our size and stature.

Even if woy was to be replaced now, whoever comes in will need time to assess the players, time to make his ideas work and time to get the team playing like he wants them to............... so again imo even if we change managers now, i think at best we can only hope to finish in the european spots, dont think 4th would be possible. That would need a dramatic change in performance from a number of players.

waltonl4
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 37,791 posts | 7190 
      Reply #36: Nov 15, 2010 12:28:26 pm
      CEO has been used for a long time now.Personally I dont care what we call him and dont care if we ever learn his name.We should only care about the team and the Manager all this getting involved with the owners and board members has had such a negative effect on the club. We have a full time chairman in Tom Werner so far his contibution is to tell us he wants a 39th game in Timbucktoo.
      Now if they spring up and announce they have sacked Roy and brought in Hiddink then they will have my apologies but I think I am safe on that one.
      trebor12
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,035 posts | 69 
      Reply #37: Nov 23, 2010 09:46:52 am
      I think personally that David Dein will get the nod. At present hes the president of the England 2018 world cup bid, but that will be done and dusted by next week. I know hes an Arsenal man but he did wonders for them and could do a fine job alongside NESV.
      trebor12
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,035 posts | 69 
      Reply #38: Dec 03, 2010 01:44:22 pm
      With the England World Cup bid well and truly over, i think our search for the new CEO should stop with David Dein. NESV are after the same model as Arsenal and Dein was the big influence in bringing Wenger in and their philosophy of bring in and developing young tallent. If NESV are to go down this road, who better to do it is David Dein IMO.   
      racerx34
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 33,683 posts | 3904 
      • THE SALT IN THE SOUP
      Reply #39: Dec 03, 2010 01:52:18 pm
      I echo that entirely. Would be happy with Dein. Get him in now the bid has failed and a new manager in time for January. Good times :)
      reddebs
      • "LFC Hipster"
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,980 posts | 2264 
      Reply #40: Dec 03, 2010 01:53:23 pm
      With the England World Cup bid well and truly over, I think our search for the new CEO should stop with David Dein. NESV are after the same model as Arsenal and Dein was the big influence in bringing Wenger in and their philosophy of bring in and developing young tallent. If NESV are to go down this road, who better to do it is David Dein IMO.  

There's a few possible candidates from the bid team, Dein being one of them mate.
      Stevie-G
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,730 posts |
      Reply #41: Dec 03, 2010 02:01:46 pm
      « Last Edit: Dec 03, 2010 06:07:57 pm by CRK, Reason: Link Changed »
      waltonl4
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 37,791 posts | 7190 
      Reply #42: Dec 03, 2010 02:04:47 pm
      What about Mark Palios how doe she fit the bill. not sure if Dein sees himself as an employee anymore. Have they posted it on the Jobcentre site.
      red trooper
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,854 posts | 69 
      • and don't be afraid of the dark
      Reply #43: Dec 03, 2010 02:07:39 pm
      Would be nice to know a full agenda of our american owners NESV or whatever the official title is ,our season so far is rubbish due to performance issues from players and our manager .It's obvious we need a good man right at the top in the club but we need to sort out our immediate problems quickly or the new chief exec. will be in charge of a club with fantastic history but limited potential ,be interesting to know what the forum would consider a good positive agenda !
      shabbadoo
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 29,481 posts | 4596 
      Reply #44: Dec 03, 2010 02:13:22 pm
      You would think a CEO would be the first appointment after a takeover.
      LFCexiled
      Reply #45: Dec 03, 2010 02:19:19 pm

Quick Reply