Read 3107 times
      PGlynn91
      • Forum Legend - Fagan
      • Started Topic

• 4,601 posts | 295 
      • To win just once...
      Our squad status, value and future!
      Nov 12, 2010 03:46:26 pm
      I was extremely bored today so I have comprised a list of how I value our players both financially and with regards a place I our first team.
      I have done this with regards to our transfer dealings come next summer. It might seem a bit pointless but here goes:

* Key First Team Player
      S Available For Sale
      L Available for Loan
      Sq Decent Squad Player

GOALKEEPERS
      Reina            Â£25m      *      the best goalkeeper on the planet, and great that he squashed rumours of leaving today.
      B. Jones        Â£4m       Sq     second choice keeper is reasonable important and he is reasonably good.
      Gulacsi          Â£2m       S      we are never going to use the lad and we could probably make money out of him.

DEFENDERS
      G. Johnson     £10m     *       people debate his position but there is no doubting his ability
      M. Kelly         £3m       Sq     love this lad and he will develop into a top player I hope
      Darby             £2m        S      unfortunately I feel he will never make it with us
      Carragher       £3m       Sq     still very dependable and will be a one club man
      Agger             £10m      *       the best centre half at club without question
      Skrtel             £8m        *      should forment a partnership with Agger in coming years
      Krygiakos      Â£1m       Sq      decent back up and has been very good this season
      M. Wilson      Â£4m        L       needs game time to improve. a loan deal would be ideal
      D. Ayala         £2m        L       should extend his loan deal with Hull City to improve
      Konchesky      Â£3m       Sq      decent back up but I don’t think worthy of being first choice
      Aurelio            Â£1m       S        love the guy when fit but unfortunately he never is
      Robinson         £3m      L         youngest ever player for club. Loan deal imo

MIDFIELDERS
      Kuyt                Â£8m      *         some will disagree. I see him as a key first teamer
      Maxi                Â£4m    Sq        wouldn’t be much value in a sale. Decent back up
      Amoo              Â£3m     L          loan him out. You only learn so much from reserve football
      Sterling           £3m                  too young for loan. Should be kept in youths/reserves
      Lucas              Â£7m     Sq         proving critics wrong and improving every season
      Spearing          Â£4m     L          prob never gonna cut it but loan him to prem club and then decide
      Shelvey           £5m     Sq       I think he is too good to loan out even now but needs more game time
      Wisdom          Â£2m                 like this player but should be kept in reserves another year
      Poulsen           £3m      S        no comment
      Mereiles          Â£15m             *        top class and beginning to look an excellent signing
      Gerrard           £30m    *        the heartbeat. Captain fantastic and world class
      Babel              Â£7m      S        time to cut our losses and make what we can from him
      Jovanovic       £5m      Sq      has been decent in Europa. Still not sure if he is good enough however

FORWARDS

Torres             £50m    *        when hes at it, he is simply the best
      N’Gog            Â£5m     Sq       I think hes decent. 7 goals so far this season isent bad
      Pacheco          Â£4m      L        loan him out. Get him game time or PLAY HIM NOW
      Eccleston        Â£3m      Sq      due to lack of depth, probably needed in squad

LOANS
      Degen             £1m       S       good luck. Good bye. See you later
      El Zhar           £1m       S        follow Degen
      Insua              Â£3m       S        sorry your decent but just not Liverpool
      Aqualani        Â£12m     S        palying well at Juve but I think Serie A suits him and our league never will

OUT
      Gulacsi, Darby, Aurelio, Poulsen, Babel, Degen, Aqualani, Insua
      Total Sale: £31million

TRANSFER BUDGET
      Should be £30million
      100% revenue from Transfer hopefully
      Then we have around £61million to play with.

OUT
      Gulacsi, Darby, Aurelio, Poulsen, Babel, Degen, Aqualani, Insua
      Total Sale: £31million

TRANSFER BUDGET
      Should be £30million
      100% revenue from Transfer hopefully
      Then we have around £61million to play with.

I would sign:
      Cissokho    Â£17m
      Mata           £20m
      A. Young    Â£15m
      Affelay        FREE
      Rodallega     £8m
      TOTAL: £60million

Reina

Johnson       Skrtel         Agger      Cissokho

Mereiles      Gerrard

Kuyt               A. Young            Mata

Torres

Thoughts?

PGlynn91
      • Forum Legend - Fagan
      • Started Topic

• 4,601 posts | 295 
      • To win just once...
      Re: Our squad status, value and future!
      Reply #1: Nov 12, 2010 04:21:06 pm
      Just noticed that

MIDFIELDERS
      Joe Cole    £8m   Sq        possible starter ifform improves but would prefer Kuyt, Young and Mata
      harrydunn08
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 5,927 posts | 969 
      Reply #2: Nov 12, 2010 04:24:51 pm
      Looks relatively accurate to me, but you completely forgot to mention Joey Cole!  

As for the transfer dealings:

I don't think Skrtel is a great CB.  He makes me nervous every time he plays.  He gives away silly fouls, and has very little to offer with a ball at his feet.  I'd much prefer us to sell him and look to replace him with a player like Kjaer/Mertesaker.  

Cissokho or Vargas would be my 1st choice LB's.  Cissokho 1st because he is much younger, but he may be priced out of our range because of all the attention he has been getting lately.

Young and Affelay would be brilliant signings!

I know a lot of ppl on here seem to fancy Mata, but I'd much prefer Eden Hazard.  I'm not sure if Mata would cut it in the prem, but I think Hazard would be a revelation!

Rodallega would be a good back up striker, but I don't think he would really offer us anything extra (I think Kuyt is just as good of a backup striker as Hugo).  I'd much prefer to see us go after someone who could really excel in the lone striker role in Nando's absence, and could also be an ideal partner for him in a 2 man striker setup.  Aguero would be great, but too expensive!  I don't think Luis Suarez would really do well in the prem (I could be wrong) but again, he will be very expensive.  I really think that Lisandro Lopez would be the best option for this role.  He has great skill on the ball, and is also very quick and strong!  He can beat a man, and is a clinical finisher.  I think he would be a great partner for Nando, and would also excel in the lone striker role when he is injured or needs a rest.  But the best part about him is that he is also great when used as a winger!

If these changes were made, then we could sell Jovanovic and Maxi as well to help fund the transfers.  
      PGlynn91
      • Forum Legend - Fagan
      • Started Topic

• 4,601 posts | 295 
      • To win just once...
      Reply #3: Nov 12, 2010 04:31:07 pm
      Looks relatively accurate to me, but you completely forgot to mention Joey Cole! 

As for the transfer dealings:

I don't think Skrtel is a great CB.  He makes me nervous every time he plays.  He gives away silly fouls, and has very little to offer with a ball at his feet.  I'd much prefer us to sell him and look to replace him with a player like Kjaer/Mertesaker. 

Cissokho or Vargas would be my 1st choice LB's.  Cissokho 1st because he is much younger, but he may be priced out of our range because of all the attention he has been getting lately.

Young and Affelay would be brilliant signings!

I know a lot of ppl on here seem to fancy Mata, but I'd much prefer Eden Hazard.  I'm not sure if Mata would cut it in the prem, but I think Hazard would be a revelation!

Rodallega would be a good back up striker, but I don't think he would really offer us anything extra (I think Kuyt is just as good of a backup striker as Hugo).  I'd much prefer to see us go after someone who could really excel in the lone striker role in Nando's absence, and could also be an ideal partner for him in a 2 man striker setup.  Aguero would be great, but too expensive!  I don't think Luis Suarez would really do well in the prem (I could be wrong) but again, he will be very expensive.  I really think that Lisandro Lopez would be the best option for this role.  He has great skill on the ball, and is also very quick and strong!  He can beat a man, and is a clinical finisher.  I think he would be a great partner for Nando, and would also excel in the lone striker role when he is injured or needs a rest.  But the best part about him is that he is also great when used as a winger!

If these changes were made, then we could sell Jovanovic and Maxi as well to help fund the transfers. 
      I agree on Skrtel. I have said that in the past but I think he deserves a chance. He was quality two seasons ago so if he could just regain some form.

I would only keep Maxi and Jovanovic because I dont think we would recoup enough money to replace both with better players and they are decent to have as back up in fairness.

And Kjaer would be savage. We would have the Danish center back pairing along with Agger. But he only joined Wolfsbourg this season so dont think he would be an option.
      harrydunn08

• 5,927 posts | 969 
      Reply #4: Nov 12, 2010 04:32:45 pm
      Also, I'm not sure what ever happened with the issues Cassano was having with Samp, but if (as rumored) his contract is canceled and we could pick him up on a free he would def be worth the risk.  Just offer him huge bonuses and incentives for performances to try to coax the best out of him.  He also has stated his intentions to remain in the Italy plans for the next Euro's and WC, so it appears he has the desire to remain a top player for some time to come.
      harrydunn08

• 5,927 posts | 969 
      Reply #5: Nov 12, 2010 04:36:45 pm
      Oh, and this should probably be moved by a mod to the Jan transfer window board...
      PGlynn91
      • Forum Legend - Fagan
      • Started Topic

• 4,601 posts | 295 
      • To win just once...
      Reply #6: Nov 12, 2010 04:46:21 pm
      Oh, and this should probably be moved by a mod to the Jan transfer window board...
      This has nothing to do with January. Its next summer in particular.
      But really what people think on who should be kept, sold, loaned, etc
      It should have an area of its own, above the Kop :p
      Pepe Reina
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,480 posts | 14 
      Reply #7: Nov 12, 2010 04:47:41 pm
      You seriously think we'd get 4m for Spearing, 3m for Darby, Poulsen, Konchesky, Amoo, Ecclestone, etc?

harrydunn08

• 5,927 posts | 969 
      Reply #8: Nov 12, 2010 04:58:52 pm
      This has nothing to do with January. Its next summer in particular.
      But really what people think on who should be kept, sold, loaned, etc
      It should have an area of its own, above the Kop :p

;D:)  I agree, this is important stuff.... i only recommended it because of its relation to the transfer boards, the January one obviously being next in line.  In reality, I think we need to make at least 1-2 big signings in January.  Hopefully we don't bring in more average players to add depth.  Get rid of Babel in January, and make a move for a top class winger and striker.  The rest of it can wait until the summer when we are back in the Champs Lge!
      PGlynn91
      • Forum Legend - Fagan
      • Started Topic

• 4,601 posts | 295 
      • To win just once...
      Reply #9: Nov 12, 2010 05:00:10 pm
      Well I only said thats how "I" valued them..
      But the players from above that I would sell is only Poulsen and Darby so it dosent really matter about the others :)

Quick Reply