Trending Topics

Next match: v [] Thu 1st Jan @ 1:00 am

Today is the 1st of June and on this date LFC's match record is P6 W4 D2 L0

Roy singles out Johnno for bad performances???

Read 9506 times
      Pepe Reina
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,480 posts | 14 
      Re: Roy singles out Johnno for bad performances???
      Reply #92: Nov 13, 2010 02:14:56 pm
      Fook that. Johnson is one player who needed to be told that. If rafa was boss and said it we'd all be saying spot on. Just because Roy's a tw*t doesn't mean hes wrong here

I agree that he needs to be told that. But you don't publicly tell the media that he's sh*t, it's not on, tell him face to face.

And Rafa wouldn't do that though. Even when Riera slagged him off in the press he didn't bad mouth him back.
      MaxC
      • Forum Roger Hunt

• 504 posts | 15 
      Reply #93: Nov 13, 2010 02:20:51 pm
      This kind of rubbish may have been acceptable at Fulham Roy, not at liverpool...

To be honest I would like Glen to come out and lambast the manager for being sh*t, not just at handeling the media but at motivating the players, team selection, tatical nouse, changing the game through subs.. Actually just about everything a manager does.

This for me is the final straw, the guys is an in idiot.
      I agree totally with you.
      We have been playing sh*t but when the press ask our players whether they are behind Roy, they always say they are. So Roy should also become a little professional if he wants to cut the mustard at this level.
      corballyred
      • Banned

• 17,707 posts | 307 
      Reply #94: Nov 13, 2010 02:21:42 pm
      Have never heard any top manager singling out a player like that in the media. What was wrong with calling him into his office. Very bad man management.
      TKIDLLTK
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 8,362 posts | 158 
      Reply #95: Nov 13, 2010 02:22:11 pm
      They are the tools fantastic new signings. He wouldn't dare bad mouth them.

He said Poulsen has played poorly, he also bigged up his contribution that enabled us to hold on to a point at Wigan though
      TKIDLLTK
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 8,362 posts | 158 
      Reply #96: Nov 13, 2010 02:23:03 pm
      Have never heard any top manager singling out a player like that in the media. What was wrong with calling him into his office. Very bad man management.

Which is what he was supposed to be good at...

EVERYTHING that Rafa was criticised for, by myself and others, Hodgson is 10x worse!
      corballyred
      • Banned

• 17,707 posts | 307 
      Reply #97: Nov 13, 2010 02:27:29 pm
      He looks to me like he is trying to put the blame on players rather than taking it himself for the bad start. I suppose Johnson was to blame for the absolute shocking performance against Wigan.
      hardcoresoldier
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 5,160 posts | 1288 
      • The Liverpool Way is The Only Way
      Reply #98: Nov 13, 2010 02:32:29 pm
      Roy Hodgson was bang out of order for criticising Johnson in public, another contradiction in terms with his profession of returning to 'The Liverpool Way'.

Roy Hodgson was right in his criticism of Johnson though, he was wrong in how he conveyed that criticism.

Glen Johnson has not been anywhere near good enough since his arrival at Anfield. He has played well on occasions but it is very common knowledge that his defending is suspect at best.

Johnson will either pout like a big F***ing baby or man up and slam those words of criticism down his F***ing throat.
      corballyred
      • Banned

• 17,707 posts | 307 
      Reply #99: Nov 13, 2010 02:40:00 pm
      I'm actually disgusted by it I agree it is very unLiverpool like. Whether people agree with it our not is irrelevant it is the manner of it, I personally think it is truly shocking and in 25 years following Liverpool i cannot remember such public criticism of a player.
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 39,683 posts | 6980 
      Reply #100: Nov 13, 2010 02:53:21 pm
      Often last year on this forum we urged Rafa to criticise the performances of the team, which he usually didn't.  But some of us wanted him to criticise the 'team' not to single out players.

Singling out a player who wasn't part of the Wigan debacle and who isn't playing today is exceptionally odd. No two ways about it.
      andylfcynwa
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,367 posts | 1638 
      Reply #101: Nov 13, 2010 03:06:32 pm
      While i may agree that Glen has not been playing too well to come out and say it the way dickhead has is truly shocking if i am honest.When is it going to start being about the club and the team rather than roys fcking ego? Roy wouldn,t know the Liverpool way if he had a sat nav pointing him in the right direction .By all means pull players aside and bollock them if they are not putting it all in, we have been having a rough enough ride already this year without giving the media this kind of interview, my dislike of the man just grows more and more each time he opens his gob.     
      Brian78
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,367 posts | 2880 
      • A Liverbird upon my chest
      Reply #102: Nov 13, 2010 03:15:02 pm
      Singling out a player who wasn't part of the Wigan debacle and who isn't playing today is exceptionally odd. No two ways about it.

Indeed. Hadn't entered my mind that at all. Glenn speak out at training about tactic/training set up etc and this is Hodgson getting back?
      Bozkat
      • Forum Igor Biscan

• 124 posts |
      Reply #103: Nov 13, 2010 04:02:51 pm
      Johnson has only played 1 in last seven games. Public criticism from manager pathetic. Definately not the 'Liverpool Way' of keeping it in house. Hodgson just shouldn't be there, simple as. We end up saying the same sh*t over and over. Time he fu**ed off. 
      Fields of Anfield Road
      • Forum Youth Player

• 11 posts |
      Reply #104: Nov 13, 2010 04:31:28 pm

I am absolutely disgusted if this report is true.  Like so many of you have already stated this is not the "Liverpool Way".

Oh God I'm cringing more and more by the week with Hodgson's comments, boy have we come such a long way since Peter Robinson and John Smith (the dream Chairman and Club Secretary of Liverpool FC).  Especially when John Smith said as a Football Club "We don't talk and we don't boost".  We did everything behind closed doors, which was and is the "Liverpool Way".

We have had to endure our so called Manager let Ferguson criticise Fernando Torres in providing us with two valid freekicks v Manure when Ferguson accused Torres of cheating.  Hodgson did not back Torres up until a week later, which was way way too late.  How do you think Torres felt? Rafa would never have allowed this to happen.  Ferguson would never allow this to happen either to any of his players, he would defend them to the hilt - right or wrong. No wonder Torres has probably no respect for Hodgson either on the pitch due to his inept tactics or off it or any of our players for that matter.

He has stated that he will be in charge of transfers funds and that a Director of Football does not work (which is true in English Football), but we will have to see how it goes.  Hodgson also mentioned that Ramos was never dictated to which players he purchased or not.  Well it was widely believed that when Ramos was
      Real Madrid's Coach the President decided which players came in when he was elected.

Now the criticism of Johnson, regardless of whether he is playing poorly or fantastic, this should be done behind closed doors and not in the public domain.

This manager should be given a gagging order, or restrained from talking to the public or press (pre and post match conferences) unless the has something to say which makes some kind of common sense, and involves making non-critical comments about the Club or the players.

John W Henry if you do look at any of these forums, please take all of the comments he makes on board, Hodgson is making our Football Club look stupid and embarrassing.

It just says it all when we played against Wigan on Wednesday in which he took off Kuyt (don't know if he was tired etc) and brought on Poulsen and we had the match to play for and win, pressed again up in our own half in the 2nd half  - the same happened against Blackburn.  I'm sorry Hodgson you are not
      Liverpool Coach/Management material - never have been, never will be.

I long for Guus Hiddink!

Give me strength.

Fields of Anfield Road

waltonl4
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 37,704 posts | 7164 
      Reply #105: Nov 13, 2010 04:32:07 pm
      What about Agger i know he is injured at present (isnt he ?) he had a real dig at him too. Can anyone remember a Liverpool manager slagging of in the National press one of his players. He may as well have gone and done an interview with the scum just to show how little he understands what this club "USED" to stand for.
      craglad
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,009 posts | 25 
      Reply #106: Nov 13, 2010 07:23:35 pm
      Houlllier, Benitez and Hodgson 12 years of talking sh*t.
      Roddenberry
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 16,568 posts | 1876 
      Reply #107: Nov 13, 2010 07:24:49 pm
      Houlllier, Benitez and Hodgson 12 years of talking sh*t.

Houllier & Benitez improved this club, no matter your grievances.

ashuras
      • Forum Didi Hamann

• 287 posts |
      Reply #108: Nov 13, 2010 07:37:16 pm
      He said Poulsen has played poorly, he also bigged up his contribution that enabled us to hold on to a point at Wigan though

"He was good against Wigan, his introduction secured the point at least because he was very good when he came on," the Liverpool manager said. "Unfortunately I can't do anything about the fans, but he's had one or two games in front of our crowd where he's not played well and he knows he hasn't. He is devastated by that and the crowd, who aren't stupid, know he's not played well. It's a fact of life.
      But he's got quality, he's a good defensive midfield player. He's not that bad on the ball, but let's not beat about the bush and try to disguise the fact – he's had a bad start."

This is what he said about Poulsen.. and talking about us..

Then why does he criticized Johnson?.. Johnson is still not us bad as him..
      redfletch
      • Forum Titi Camara

• 40 posts |
      • Y.N.W.A
      Reply #109: Nov 13, 2010 07:42:32 pm
      Fair do's Johnstone hasn't been great but i think Roys got a cheek he wants to look in the mirror because HIS performances have been utter TURD .
      staffletop
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 679 posts | 29 
      Reply #110: Nov 16, 2010 04:05:38 pm
      Oh where to start on this one...;D

Glenn Johnson is a great player under performing, like the rest of the players IMO.
      A manager should never slag a player off in public, ever.
      It isnt just Johnson, he has also done it with Agger.
      Now I read reports in the Mirror that we are lining up a replacement for Johnson in January, 29yo Rod Fanni [love the name].
      I know, I shouldnt beleive what I read, it is the same paper that reported Pepe was off.

But I am worried. Johnson is unsettled, Agger is unsettled [both Roy's fault], Pepe is unsettled, we can all see Nando is unsettled. God knows how many more arent happy. Obviously, the way the team are performing is the main reason for this, but Roy is making it worse. When teams are underperforming the best way to improve them is to create a siege mentality, definately not to devide and deride.

The most worrying thing is that it looks like instead of sorting out the situation, the new owners seem happy to allow Roy to carry on upsetting players and mouthing off to the press. They should put a stop to it and if they dont want to sack him at least let Sammy Lee talk to the press instead.
      red_squirrel
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,131 posts | 15 
      Reply #111: Nov 16, 2010 08:59:16 pm
      Johnson's strength is attacking, we know that, Rafa knows that, that's why he was bought - as an attacking full back.  In Roy's system he is being made to defend more than attack, which is not his strength. 

So with that in mind, it seems to be a pretty poor show on Roy's behalf to have a pop, when it is his negative tactics to blame.

I think Roy is playing politics, if you keep bleating about how bad your players are, your boss - who knows little about football - will believe you.  :mad:
      wallbanger
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,181 posts |
      Reply #112: Nov 16, 2010 09:47:21 pm
      think he would make a better winger myself his first 5 games he was oustanding anf thought we have a class long term player. then he just lacked any passion desire major defensive lapse and a liability defensively. pretty poor world cup. to inconsistant to be a good red.think his off feild lifestyle is of more interest than his day job. to much money has probably ruined his focus   
      GERNS
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 12,387 posts | 1542 
      Reply #113: Nov 17, 2010 12:32:35 am
      We may all be thinking Johnson has been underperforming, but surely the managers job is to coach and cajole Jonno. encourage and compliment, use is man managment skills and get the best out of his players. NOT F***ing HANG HIM OUT TO DRY IN PUBLIC. Hodgson you tw*t, F**k off. And before you go, tell Pepe he can resort back to his natural tallent as a keeper, and not play the more english way. And on your way home, drop into slurgusons, and tell him you did your best to bring us down, but we were far to powerfull for you.
      ozi_wozzy
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,552 posts | 304 
      Reply #114: Nov 17, 2010 09:39:49 am
      Shocking!

I'm really quite annoyed about this, I feel a manager should always protect his players from the negative media attention. Rafa did it, even if it meant sometimes putting himself in a bad light.

And then protecting Poulsen again, our worst performer this year?

I hate to say it, but Roy's attitude f**king stinks. He's had a go about Rafa's signings in the past, and I don't find it a coincidence that he's bashing a high-profile player Rafa brought in, before to present his own signing as being a potential match-winner.

3 points spot on there. the man has no man management skills whatsoever. self obsessed little bellend. and you may have a great point about him having a go at one of rafa's underperforming stars. fair enough jonson's not been on form, but clearly has so much talent, so a manager should be nurturing him and protecting him from negative media.

as for the poulson comments...just what player you watching u dithering idi0t?

the man is doing a huge amount of damage to lfc's reputation, not just our football

Quick Reply