Trending Topics

Next match: v [] Thu 1st Jan @ 1:00 am

Today is the 21st of May and on this date LFC's match record is P7 W3 D1 L3

Stoke 2-0 Liverpool: Match Thread & Post Match Discomfort.

Read 61483 times
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      • TU TA LOUCO? FILHO DA PUTA!
      Re: Stoke v Liverpool: Match Thread & Post Match Discomfort.
      Reply #828: Nov 14, 2010 12:18:55 am
      F***ing hell.

Was in no mood to post as soon as the game ended. That was pathetic.

Roy, for the sake of your own well-being, leave now or i will be forced to fly over and incur severe discomfort upon you.
      AJ
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 6,445 posts | 124 
      • Boom!
      Reply #829: Nov 14, 2010 12:23:12 am
      F***ing hell.

Was in no mood to post as soon as the game ended. That was pathetic.

Roy, for the sake of your own well-being, leave now or I will be forced to fly over and incur severe discomfort upon you.

Same here, we were simply outplayed by Stoke today and should have done better, even the first goal was scrappy as hell, we should have had that cleared first time but they were just in our faces all match.  Really disappointing that we couldn't even manage a decent attack on goal and just a few chance shots.
      therealjr
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 1,116 posts | 147 
      Reply #830: Nov 14, 2010 12:27:40 am
      "It's the usual problem you have when you come here - dealing with ............, long balls forward into the box,

well funnily enough Woy, Stoke managed to deal with it most of the match!!!
      Brian78
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,337 posts | 2864 
      • A Liverbird upon my chest
      Reply #831: Nov 14, 2010 12:30:28 am
      Beat Chelsea comfotably then get 1 point from the next 6 against Wigan and Stoke whilst playing puke football

Fook off
      scott_hutchy
      • Forum Gary McAllister

• 91 posts |
      Reply #832: Nov 14, 2010 01:18:12 am
      Like I said in the unbelievable thread, I hope this is a reality check for the players (they've already had a few this season in my opinion) and/or a P45 for Roy, if he hadn't been in europa league final last year he wouldn't of been looked at. We will rise again in time, I just know that we all want in now and not in time, and to atleast get 3 points from each of these likes of blackpool, wigan and stoke.
      « Last Edit: Nov 14, 2010 01:40:12 am by scott_hutchy »
      shaunchef
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 746 posts | 11 
      • JFT96 YOU'LL NEVER WALK ALONE
      Reply #833: Nov 14, 2010 01:18:59 am
      ''A WEEK IS A LONG TIME IN FOOTBALL''

Never has this years old cliche been more true, after last weeks win against Chelsea i was even beginning to be optimistic again and thought OK maybe Roy has sorted himself out and started to understand the position that he is in, How wrong could i could off been,  piss poor performance against wigan midweek, the players where tired after a big game on sunday, maybe, NO  it was the tactics!!!!the worse performance off the season against F***ing stoke today, then that IDIOT comes out and says that stoke where always going to be a hard team to beat cause of there long throw tactics, how can we go from totally bossing Chelsea the current league champions and looking like this years run away winners one day then in 2 games with the next week show lowly teams so much respect and fear ,

I have seen enough long since,

I am sending a plea to Mr Henry i have researched you and your previous business dealings during the take over and i trust from your past form that you will stop this disgrace that is happening at your most valuable asset, if you are truly here for the long haul and want to build our beloved club back to its former glory then please start where you men to go on and replace Roy ASAP
      lottie964
      • Forum Didi Hamann

• 301 posts |
      Reply #834: Nov 14, 2010 01:33:20 am
      Can't believe I keep getting up for this sh*te !!! It's been like this last season also (admittedly not as bad)
      RH has to go
      Jesus Christ, we are Liverpool FC, we should be destroying Stoke, Wigan, FFS Blackpool at home, Sunderland, do me a favour Birmingham away and we are scared of attacking.
      when wearing the Red shirt you are the best in the world, Roy F---K OFF, Players get a pair
      lottie964
      • Forum Didi Hamann

• 301 posts |
      Reply #835: Nov 14, 2010 02:12:16 am
      ERINNYC75
      "RT again because it is so utterly appalling @TomCra 3 pts from Stoke, Wigan, Everton, Blackpool, Sunderland & Birmingham says it all".
       WTF, John W, we can not wait for a CEO, get rid of Roy, not good enough and never will be  :mad:
      barrymanulow
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,014 posts | -14 
      Reply #836: Nov 14, 2010 03:09:53 am
      3 matches in a week and we have the same team go out there apart from one change, Kyrgiakos in place of Kelly.

That says it all, how can you expect these players to put so much effort in to beat Chelsea, and then not freshen the team up after such a hard match.  Well the answer is that we don't have any quality to freshen the team up with. The goal of a top side is to have two quality players to cover all positions, tell me for a start who is the replacement for Torres.  We don't even have a partner for him let alone a replacement.

Konchesky and Poulsen were both poor buys. I would sooner if there was no money to spare that we saved it up until we had enough to buy one quality player, than waste it on such tripe.

Lucas plays one blinder every 8 matches and then is poor for the next 7.

Kuyt runs around and works hard but has always lacked quality and his passing is limited, another one who bobs up now and then with a decent performance, but week in and week out offers very little.

Torres needs a partner, and I did not see anyone within 100 yards of him for most of the match, the quality of service to him was non existent.

This squad has had F**k all spent on it for 3 years, and the owners bought it for 200 million less than its true value, we all know that. Just the Liverpool name worldwide dictates that it is worth way more than 300 million.  The first thing the new owners must do is inject 60 million into the squad and immediately add 2 quality players in January.

We need this impetus to get us back into the top 4 fight.

FabulousAurelio
      • Forum Billy Liddell

• 537 posts | 11 
      Reply #837: Nov 14, 2010 03:38:20 am

Lucas plays one blinder every 8 matches and then is poor for the next 7.

I agree with the alot of the above post but I call bullshit on this point. One good game out of every eight? Nonsense IMO.
      lester76
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,810 posts | 242 
      Reply #838: Nov 14, 2010 04:24:16 am
      Screw the depth argument.
      Sod the tired players view.
      Sorry to say it but we are in the real sh*t now.
      Not one to overreact but bloody hell we are @ a crossroads once again
      We need to realise that these players are either not committed or being utterly stifled by some terrible tactics and poor motivational talks by our manager.
      I hate to say this but maybe we have to do what other sh*te teams do and drop the axe and change manager...it goes against the liverpool way but times have changed and maybe even @ anfield.
      New owners, new back room, new money, new approach and maybe a new manager and players.
      Shocking situation.
      Where has the pride and spirit gone from wearing the mighty Red shirt?
      Another depressing moment but no longer surprising.
      Feel numb. I never thought I'd feel this way about my club after the false dawn of hicks and gilletts departure.   
      wallbanger
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,181 posts |
      Reply #839: Nov 14, 2010 04:27:25 am
      we played like regulation team west ham. no desire,no interest,no passion, they have given up on roy. i dont know if the bottom been reached yet thats the sad part. sad fact after 35 minutes we had 60 % possesion and just two shots on goal. i dont think there was a man of the match for the reds.
      Roddenberry
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 16,568 posts | 1876 
      Reply #840: Nov 14, 2010 05:40:35 am
      Considering when we played poorly last season the headlines read 'Rafa has lost the dressing', I'm expecting similar for Roy.....not, two-faced, xenophobic press.
      MaxC
      • Forum Roger Hunt

• 504 posts | 15 
      Reply #841: Nov 14, 2010 07:20:42 am
      we played like regulation team west ham. no desire,no interest,no passion, they have given up on roy. I dont know if the bottom been reached yet thats the sad part. sad fact after 35 minutes we had 60 % possesion and just two shots on goal. I dont think there was a man of the match for the reds.
      I think West Ham play a more attractive style than us at the moment. They dominate games and usually get unstuck by stupid goals and goalkeeping howlers. At the moment i believe our team is playing the most negative football in the whole league. The only time it is exciting to watch our team is when we are defending in our box.
      el batez
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,795 posts | 189 
      • everyones friend.enemies none.
      Reply #842: Nov 14, 2010 07:24:24 am
      So disapointed.
      David Wright
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 5,323 posts | 771 
      Reply #843: Nov 14, 2010 09:10:43 am
      Another typical Liverpool performance under Roy I'm afraid. Many more games like this and we'll be sliding down the relegation zone.
      SL
      • Forum David Johnson

• 233 posts |
      • The King is back!!
      Reply #844: Nov 14, 2010 09:32:55 am
      stoke dont play football yet we were played off the pitch thats how bad it was and is
      im not one that would usually be calling for the manager to be sacked but i think it needs
      to be done before we get any worse if its possible we are the worse team in the league
      and it makes me so angry and cant put it into words
      rossphillips1988
      • Forum Jari Litmanen

• 48 posts |
      Reply #845: Nov 14, 2010 09:42:51 am
      I am most concerned by our approach to games away from home. I was listening to the first half on the radio and the commentator said that Hodgson had only won one of his last 23 away games in the Premier League.

To my eye it appears he is being far too negative but I am sure someone with a bit more football coaching experience will be able to give a better reason!

Without away wins win are going to slip in to a cycle of mediocrity (if we haven't already!)
      Xavier79
      • Forum Barry Venison

• 169 posts | 17 
      Reply #846: Nov 14, 2010 10:11:46 am
      Couldn't watch the game yesterday but it seems we were doing the average away game for this season (painfull to watch). Nailing a 2-0 agaisnt Chelsea but unable to win vs Wigan or Stoke? WTF? We've blown 2 occasions to get "easy 3 points", i fear for the West Ham game. Besides this is sending a very bad message to other teams: "Ho Ok the chelsea game was just an accident..."
      I thought the Chelsea game was a turning point but it is clear now that the LFC+Roy equation doesn't work.
      AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,870 posts | 6808 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone
      Reply #847: Nov 14, 2010 10:26:08 am
      F***ing shambolic, those lads should be ashamed of themselves for that performance.

First off Roy F**k off.

Secondly the lads that went out there, that was disgraceful. 11 Internationals against a team with F***ing none.

I know Roy is sh*t, his tactics are sh*t but that does not in anyway excuse the fact that these guys couldn't string 2 passes together. Doesn't excuse the fact that 3 fourths of our back four are sh*t, that Kuyt can't keep the ball or control the F***ing ball and that Nando just looked like he couldn't be fu**ed from the off.

That has to be one of the most depressing games I've ever seen.

What was doing my head in as well, was that f**ker wiping the ball with the towel, every F***ing throw in and the commentator saying there was nothing wrong with it, Liverpool have the same right to do it.  :mad: :mad:

Finally, I'd like to just say I have some admiration for teams like Stoke. At least they go out there and give 110% all the F***ing time, they may not get the right result every time but at least they know they have left everything out there on the pitch. Sadly I can't say the same thing about OUR team in every match. And F**k it hurts saying that.

F***ing gutted!
      Fan 86
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 761 posts | 40 
      Reply #848: Nov 14, 2010 10:43:47 am
      He has to go end of.Kept trying to stay positive.But watching Roy piss about with his face for ninety minutes is really starting to grate on me.
      kelvo
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,207 posts | 52 
      Reply #849: Nov 14, 2010 10:56:11 am
      After the Wigan performace I was expecting at least a battling performance yesterday.

We just rolled over and gave them the game by sitting deep AGAIN...not good enough..HODGSON OUT!!

bad boy bubby
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,564 posts | 3172 
      • @KaiserQueef
      Reply #850: Nov 14, 2010 11:24:11 am
      UTTER, (UNACCEPTABLE), sh*te!

Quick Reply