Trending Topics

Next match: Betis v LFC [Friendly] Sat 27th Jul @ 12:30 am
      Acrisure Stadium

Today is the 16th of June and on this date LFC's match record is P0 W0 D0 L0

Unbelievable.

Read 9992 times
      chap
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 672 posts | 35 
      Re: Unbelievable.
      Reply #69: Nov 16, 2010 08:24:16 pm

If you were able to lock Roy Hodgson in a 20' steel container tonight, in the knowledge that he would be safe and warm, kept fed and clothed, but unable to have contact with the outside world until a new manager was found, would you do it?.

Bear in mind that he would be allowed one phone call a day to his family to reassure them of his safety. Once a new manager is found he would then be released.

F***ing quality man put a smile on my face. My answer....... Probably would if it ment watching a team playing with heart like they did at Chelsea every single game which should be the case
      bmck
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,605 posts | 1683 
      • YNWA
      Reply #70: Nov 16, 2010 09:37:01 pm
      If you think that paying for stuff, travelling etc. and pulling on a red jersey entitles you to act like f**king animals to your own manager/players, then there's gonna be no reasoning with yee anyway.
      And this 'if you can't handle it' bollox. Last week I saw guys roaring at a ref at an 8 year olds match and then throwing up their hands when he walked off leavin the kids standin wondering what in the name of f**k was goin on. Then goin 'josser, can't handle a bit of abuse' ?!?!
      Mindless f***in sh*te.
      At least its just a small minority of arseholes.
      GERNS
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 12,388 posts | 1543 
      Reply #71: Nov 17, 2010 12:41:25 am
      There's a big difference between a passionate Reds fan / supporter, and someone who goes to matches wearing a red shirt or scarf. Those knobs were obviously of the latter, and I dare say, you will get that type of gutter behaviour from a minority at every club. Not a great deal to worry about, the majority ( real fans) rule. Shame it brings disgrace on all supporters when seen in public, as we will surely, all be tarred with the same brush when the press get hold of t.
      DC
      • Forum John Toshack

• 261 posts |
      Reply #72: Nov 17, 2010 01:07:10 am
      I think the funniest thing is: what on earth is the point of "venting your frustation"? What are you trying to achieve by it?

Are people thinking "ooo I'm gonna go abuse my team and manager that'll really spur them on and make them win". I'm no psychologist but I think you might be on to a loser there....
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 39,687 posts | 6981 
      Reply #73: Nov 17, 2010 01:15:14 am
      ^ The main comment of the opening poster was at full time - so I'm not too sure what your point is?

I completely defend my right to get frustrated at the game.  I have never booed Liverpool off but I won't lie and say I haven't stood up and told a player to get a grip or pull their finger out.

As far as I'm concerned football is all about passion, and being passionate involves not only tears of joy but screams of anger. 

If anybody has a problem with passion in football I suggest you stay at home and not criticise passionate Liverpool fans who's emotions sometimes get the better of them.
      bad boy bubby
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,564 posts | 3172 
      • @KaiserQueef
      Reply #74: Nov 17, 2010 08:28:37 am
      Are people thinking "ooo I'm gonna go abuse my team and manager that'll really spur them on and make them win". I'm no psychologist but I think you might be on to a loser there....

You sure as sh*t ain't a psychologist if you think that was the "objective".

Maybe not everyone is as dispassionate as yourself DC. Maybe the gamut of your emotions doesn't stretch to anger. Maybe that's why you can't understand. I'm no psychologist but maybe your lack of understanding, and the fact you find their actions "unbelievable" says more about you than I ever could.
      Plantman
      • Forum Billy Liddell

• 597 posts |
      • Youll*Never*Walk*Alone
      Reply #75: Nov 17, 2010 09:12:34 am
      We have every right to throw abuse and gestures, playing like we are and spending the money to follow

But to gesture a cut-throat isnt approprite, i dont care what anyone else thinks, would i charge down towards the manager and gesture a cut throat, not ever, its not fair and can be taken as a threat.

What would you do if a gang of 30 people were gesturing a cut throat at you....

the fans are angry and to shout, swear and express their displeasure is definately fair.
      TKIDLLTK
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 8,362 posts | 158 
      Reply #76: Nov 17, 2010 09:16:41 am
      However the one thing during the game was people mocking Poulsen : "Poulsen for England!" etc, yes it's a minority but still

That doesn't even make sense...
      kopite_mortalimRo
      • Forum Youth Player

• 8 posts |
      Reply #77: Nov 17, 2010 09:32:18 am
      Impolite but made us out of spite.
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,517 posts | 8685 
      Reply #78: Nov 17, 2010 11:56:24 am

Scouse sense of humour, taking the piss not just out of Poulsen but England too.
      jonty
      • Forum Legend - Fagan
      • Started Topic

• 4,640 posts | 36 
      • Y.N.W.A
      Reply #79: Nov 17, 2010 01:53:49 pm
      Right.
      End of the day yeh football is a passionate game, people have the right to relieve their anger or whatever
      But
      There are limits. End of
      I don't think they were meant as death threats or anything, just shocked me a bit to see it
      And taking the piss out of your own players just seemed a bit odd for Liverpool fans as all i see over this forum is "they may be sh*t, but i'll back them till they leave" sorta thing
      waltonl4
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 37,791 posts | 7190 
      Reply #80: Nov 17, 2010 02:50:09 pm
      Its called passion for the club.Roy will go and someone else will come in and then they will go but the fans will still be here.Us working class scumbags don't have the opportunity to offer the nicetease of a debate we just let off steam. Some are more vocal than others some more violent than vocal but its the only way they having spent their hard earned cash can let the manger know they are less than appreciative of the players efforts. I think rugby may be better suited if you are so easily offended.
      Plantman
      • Forum Billy Liddell

• 597 posts |
      • Youll*Never*Walk*Alone
      Reply #81: Nov 17, 2010 03:15:44 pm
      Utter rubbish, we do not have a right to gesture to someone with a "slit-throat" wether it be in frustration or not

I would never stoop to that level and would be disgusted at any fan that thought it was the right thing to do.

Like i have said, swear, tell him to get out, call him a w**ker, whatever, its expected in football, but that kind of "violent" gesture is NOT acceptable in football.
      Roddenberry
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 16,568 posts | 1876 
      Reply #82: Nov 17, 2010 03:23:11 pm
      The "slit-throat" action does not only imply a death threat, it has all been used to indicate a 'potential' job loss - i.e., you're getting the axe.  That some are reacting so OTT and believing it is a 'death threat', amuses me no end.
      waltonl4
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 37,791 posts | 7190 
      Reply #83: Nov 17, 2010 03:27:31 pm
      Some people need to get out more. I am not sure a mimicked hand gesture ever did anyone actual bodily harm.
      Plantman
      • Forum Billy Liddell

• 597 posts |
      • Youll*Never*Walk*Alone
      Reply #84: Nov 17, 2010 03:28:22 pm
      Well we can disagree,

If I saw 30 men angrily doing slit-throat gesture I wouldn't take it as a sign im going to lose my job, and neither did galatasary fans when they lauded the Leeds fans afetr they killed one.

ill end my input here as I feel quite passionate about that gesture.
      waltonl4
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 37,791 posts | 7190 
      Reply #85: Nov 17, 2010 03:42:00 pm
      I dont think you can get arrested for a hand gesture if it upset Roy good it may make him realise the damage he is doing to our club.
      kevinho
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,698 posts | 78 
      • YNWA
      Reply #86: Nov 17, 2010 04:30:18 pm
      Maybe they were referring to Woy's turkey neck. I kid I kid.

In all seriousness there is no place for violence, but I think this was quite literally a gesture in the form of Woy "getting the axe." not appropriate, but doubtful that it was a death threat.
      bad boy bubby
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,564 posts | 3172 
      • @KaiserQueef
      Reply #87: Nov 17, 2010 04:32:11 pm
      Well we can disagree,

If I saw 30 men angrily doing slit-throat gesture I wouldn't take it as a sign im going to lose my job, and neither did galatasary fans when they lauded the Leeds fans afetr they killed one.

Context Plantman.

Every day in my work, sometimes twice a day, my colleagues do exactly the same gesture at me. They aren't threatening to kill me. What they are gesturing is that I 'kill the engine'.

Galatasary fans had already killed. Context.

The original poster/eyewitness has, himself, admitted that the gesture was more a threat of the sack rather than a death threat. Those Redmen were frustrated and angry at yet another pish-poor display. I don't believe, for one minute, that they actually threatened to kill Hodgson and I don't believe that he took it that way. Like I say, Plantman, context.

waltonl4
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 37,791 posts | 7190 
      Reply #88: Nov 17, 2010 04:33:38 pm
      Plantman may enlighten us as to when a Liverpool supporter last knifed anybody.I dont like being mentioned in the same breadth as Napoli or Galatasary supporters.
      Plantman
      • Forum Billy Liddell

• 597 posts |
      • Youll*Never*Walk*Alone
      Reply #89: Nov 17, 2010 04:34:50 pm
      Im not saying they did mean they wanted to kill him, im saying that gesture doesnt have a place in football.

It can be taken as a threat and im sure if Roy had turned around to see them all doing it he wouldnt have felt comfotable, i certainly wouldnt want my son seeing that being done.

If its done in an agressive manner it isnt appropriate thats all im saying
      Plantman
      • Forum Billy Liddell

• 597 posts |
      • Youll*Never*Walk*Alone
      Reply #90: Nov 17, 2010 04:36:02 pm
      Plantman may enlighten us as to when a Liverpool supporter last knifed anybody.I dont like being mentioned in the same breadth as Napoli or Galatasary supporters.

Im not interested in a ganging up session on me just because i felt it was wrong, we dont think on the same wavelength thats the end of it
      Plantman
      • Forum Billy Liddell

• 597 posts |
      • Youll*Never*Walk*Alone
      Reply #91: Nov 17, 2010 04:44:42 pm
      and Context of two work colleuges gesturing to each other is not the same as 30 men who hate you, swearing at you and doing that gesture.

can we put this to bed now as its a mountain out of a molehill

Quick Reply