Trending Topics

Next match: v [] Thu 1st Jan @ 1:00 am

Today is the 1st of June and on this date LFC's match record is P6 W4 D2 L0

Improbable versus Impossible

Read 1644 times
      azizdamji
      • Banned
      • Started Topic

• 155 posts | -2 
      Improbable versus Impossible
      Nov 23, 2010 12:59:48 pm

If Monsieur Houllier can inspire Villa to beat Gooners, Manure falter against Blackburn team who dined on Chicken Tikka the night before,Houghton teaches Ancelloti a footie lesson,Stoke do to Mancity what they did to us, Mr Hollaway does to Bolton what his team did to us and we beat "arry's mob ( Bale et al) 2 nil, we'd be in contention for Champions League Spot. And we have been crap all/most season. If we get a couple of top ( not nescessarily great) signings in January and a good, not great , interim manager till the end of the season, we would be once again talked about as Top 4. Even if only 60% of these desired results pan out, great progress when you consider we were in a quassi relegation battle just a few short weeks ago and best we could hope for was mid table mediocriti. Gomes is way overdue a couple of howlers and Nando is getting to his best at the right time.
      Brian78
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,367 posts | 2880 
      • A Liverbird upon my chest
      Re: Improbable versus Impossible
      Reply #1: Nov 23, 2010 01:04:02 pm
      What if all the above happenned and we lose to Spurs ouch  :angel:
      daveyd
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,670 posts | 35 
      • Jürgen Klopp to take us back to the top
      Reply #2: Nov 23, 2010 01:06:54 pm
      That's the spirit. Glass is always half full ;)
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,484 posts | 8675 
      Reply #3: Nov 23, 2010 01:08:00 pm
      Big difference between our home form and away form though.
      nnilswerdna
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,879 posts | 104 
      Reply #4: Nov 23, 2010 01:10:57 pm
      Big difference between our home form and away form though.

True

Wigan was a perfect example.

We're handed an amazing opportunity.... Yet still drop points
      Adryan
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,704 posts | 378 
      • Cut my veins open and I bleed Liverpool Red.
      Reply #5: Nov 23, 2010 01:13:15 pm
      After that run of four wins in a row, much was expected when we faced Wigan and Stoke. Both away matches were tricky matches but winnable and had we won those two, imagine where we'd be now.

We can't entirely depend on our home form if we want to finish 4th or even think about the title next time.
      GERNS
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 12,387 posts | 1542 
      Reply #6: Nov 23, 2010 11:06:21 pm
      I'll just dream on and wait for the weekend.
      red_squirrel
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,131 posts | 15 
      Reply #7: Nov 23, 2010 11:57:14 pm
      The away matches will be the problem.  Roy, at present, likes a (very) deep defensive 9 and the long ball to Nando.
      skolRED
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,177 posts | 265 
      Reply #8: Nov 24, 2010 06:40:33 pm
      imo, this season so far is already open with many opportunities for any lower/mid-table teams who 'TRY' to grab those chances to improve table position and even up to top 4, as the top 5 teams suffered many unexpected  lost/draw causing it's not too much points ahead to mid table teams, these opportunities we 'CANNOT' grab it, this kind of waste is vitality because I believe in January big money teams such as Chelsea can improve their squad and reduce chance to drop points.

Mainly for us I believed it's due to our manager having wrong attitude that need for team with high ambition like Liverpool, Roy maybe always satisfy with mid-table, add that it's still doubtful his tactics/approach to each game that causing us beaten by the like of Blackpool,Wigan and Stoke City.

Just imagine we have a 'REAL QUALITY' manager form the start of this season with the same circumstances in the league I confident we now stay top 4 even with this current squad (let alone if we do not loss Aquilani and signed in some quality players instead of Poulsen and Konchesky), so that is why I'm so sad we WASTE the chances which maybe god making for us but we cannot grab it.

No change of manager until January and I cannot see we stop this waste, we cannot complain to any god  anymore.

Just my opinion and sorry for my poor English.
      waltonl4
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 37,704 posts | 7164 
      Reply #9: Nov 24, 2010 06:43:42 pm
      True

Wigan was a perfect example.

We're handed an amazing opportunity.... Yet still drop points

To be fair to Roy that is something we have suffered from for 20 years everytime we get a chance to inflict some damage on our opposition we blow it.
      YANK_LFC_FAN
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 3,507 posts | 426 
      • Timid men prefer the calm of despotism!
      Reply #10: Nov 24, 2010 08:44:43 pm
      F**k yeah!!!  Why not?

Chelsea are dieing a slow death, Man U seem to have internal Issues, City cant get their dream team playing as one, Villa are as usual playing below expectations and Arsenal have Injury issues.  So hell yeah, why cant we win the league? 
      tezmac
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 11,289 posts | 937 
      • F**k the Sun F**k Murdoch F**k the press
      Reply #11: Nov 24, 2010 08:45:23 pm
      To be fair to Roy that is something we have suffered from for 20 years everytime we get a chance to inflict some damage on our opposition we blow it.
      It's the one thing we excel at!.
      carheex
      • Banned

• 587 posts | -9 
      Reply #12: Nov 25, 2010 09:37:31 am
      If all of those results happen and we finish in/near the top at the end of the season, a lot of people will owe roy hodgson a lot of apologies - and he'll probably get the manager of the year award for the 2nd year running! Which if he does, will be as much down to the fact that all of the contending teams have under performed.

Quick Reply