Trending Topics

Next match: Betis v LFC [Friendly] Sat 27th Jul @ 12:30 am
      Acrisure Stadium

Today is the 17th of June and on this date LFC's match record is P0 W0 D0 L0

Yann M'Vila (Rennes)

Read 11311 times
      fields of anny rd
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,663 posts | 1961 
      Re: Yann M'Vila (Rennes)
      Reply #46: May 24, 2011 08:38:20 pm
      No chance he is leaving this summer now
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,378 posts | 4978 
      Reply #47: May 24, 2011 08:42:18 pm
      Yet we have Lucas. Why strengthen our strengths? We have 2 capable DM's, why add another for no reason. We need to strengthen our weaknesses. Besides would M'Vila come to sit on the bench? No.

To add quality and depth to the squad. If we have the money to strengthen every area of the pitch then we should be looking to do so.

Too many people moan about the lack of quality in the squad and then when were are linked with good players it's a debate if we need them and we already have a player in that position and so on.
      Stevie-G
      • Forum Legend - Benitez
      • Started Topic

• 1,730 posts |
      Reply #48: May 24, 2011 09:56:06 pm
      Better left in France for even another season. He's grooming into a very good prospect and maybe next summer we talk about going in for him. People who haven't watched this lad clearly don't know his potential. A ball playing, holding midfielder. Good in the tackle, eye for a pass and disciplined.

I have my eye on Etienne Capoue still but would very well welcome M'Vila in the next 12 months.
      And which one of them would you get this summer mate??
      Poko
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,502 posts | 65 
      Reply #49: May 24, 2011 09:57:52 pm
      To add quality and depth to the squad. If we have the money to strengthen every area of the pitch then we should be looking to do so.

Too many people moan about the lack of quality in the squad and then when were are linked with good players it's a debate if we need them and we already have a player in that position and so on.

Yes but the one position I think we are set at is the DM position. If we do sign a DM it should be a last priority.
      KennyIsKing
      • Banned

• 4,628 posts | 129 
      Reply #50: May 24, 2011 10:43:32 pm
      Yes but the one position I think we are set at is the DM position. If we do sign a DM it should be a last priority.

^^
      This.

We have other priorities - at least to begin with...
      Macedonian_Red
      • Banned

• 4,762 posts | 63 
      Reply #51: Jun 14, 2011 02:44:53 pm

Rennes warn off Manchester United and Liverpool interest for Yann M’Vila

Rob MacDonald
      Published Tue 14 Jun 2011

Rennes have told Manchester United that midfielder Yann M'Vila is going nowhere this summer.

According to reports, the France international is interesting both United and arch-rivals Liverpool.

"We will not listen to any offers for him," said Rennes general manager Pierre Dreossi, according to TalkSport.

“"This has already been decided by the club and the player.

"M'Vila will not be going anywhere, even more so after he signed on for another year.

“If he leaves it will not be until summer 2012."

http://www.click-manchester.com/sport/manchester-united/1213261-rennes-warn-off-manchester-united-and-liverpool-interest-for-yann-mvila.html
      Macedonian_Red
      • Banned

• 4,762 posts | 63 
      Reply #52: Jun 14, 2011 07:22:48 pm

M'Vila committed to Rennes
      Star rules out move abroad

By Phil Seery
      Last Updated: June 14, 2011 5:08pm

French international Yann M'Vila has committed his future to Rennes, ending speculation of a big-money move to England or Spain.

The 20-year-old has been in fine form for the Ligue 1 outfit since signing for the club in 2009 and even forced his way into the French international set-up at the start of last season.

Real Madrid and Liverpool have been linked with a big-money summer move for M'Vila, who now has 10 international caps, despite the midfielder signing a contract extension until 2015 last month.

However, M'Vila has quashed any transfer rumours as he believes he is better off continuing his development in France as that gives him the best chance of playing at next year's European Championship.

"I want to play in the European Championship and I think the best thing is to continue at Rennes," M'Vila told Marca.

"At my age a lot of players would have gone [abroad] to earn more money but I want to continue my development with a coach that knows me well."

http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,11661_6989648,00.html
      corballyred
      • Banned

• 17,707 posts | 307 
      Reply #53: Jun 14, 2011 07:51:08 pm
      Pity because he would have been an excellant signing
      Red5man
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,616 posts | 76 
      Reply #54: Jun 14, 2011 08:01:23 pm
      Maybe we turn to my other favorite French destroyer :D

Etienne Capoue ;)
      corballyred
      • Banned

• 17,707 posts | 307 
      Reply #55: Jun 14, 2011 08:03:01 pm
      Haven't seen him to be honest need to sit down and watch him ;)
      Tayls

• 5,378 posts | 510 
      Reply #56: Jun 14, 2011 08:10:31 pm
      I think this guy would be fantastic for us and we should look at getting him in next summer. Leave the DM position for now, with Lucas and Spearing both able to play there.
      Red5man

• 9,616 posts | 76 
      Reply #57: Jun 14, 2011 08:20:43 pm
      Haven't seen him to be honest need to sit down and watch him ;)

Big, strong lad who can play CB as well as DM. Confident on the ball, good passer. I'll leave it out of this thread though. :D
      redindian
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,991 posts | 241 
      corballyred
      • Banned

• 17,707 posts | 307 
      Reply #59: Aug 22, 2011 10:46:52 am
      Would be a great signing for Arsenal would loved us to have signed him
      TKIDLLTK

• 8,362 posts | 158 
      Reply #60: Aug 22, 2011 10:58:08 am
      I disagree mate, I think it is a bad signing for Arsenal because as good as he is and may turn out to be, this kid is not what they need right now.  I don't know how much you've seen of him, but I've not watched him play much - I didn't remember him playing against England for France.  His talent is not really the point.  This signing will not boost team morale, it will not assuage any dissension from the stands, it will only confirm to Arsenal players and fans that Wenger won't buy proven, top quality players who will improve their side NOW.  He won't come in an set the world on fire, he is still a young man, learning the game - add moving to a new country and different league to that and he will not be the difference they need.  Losing Fabregas and Nasri and replacing them with a 21 year old at 1/5 of the price will not inspire confidence.  I wonder how good a signing he will look when the rest of their top players leave next summer, because they are out of Europe.

If they'd have used the Cesc (and Nasri) money to sign Mata, a LB and Samba/Cahill to play alongside TV, they'd be challenging for the title.  As it stands, they will struggle to beat Spurs to 5th.
      « Last Edit: Aug 22, 2011 11:03:57 am by TKIDLLTK »
      corballyred
      • Banned

• 17,707 posts | 307 
      Reply #61: Aug 22, 2011 11:02:31 am
      What a strong midfield presence excellant in possession, he could partner Ramsey and let Wilshire play in front of them. They have lacked a lad like this since the days of Flamini and Viera prior to this. He would be a great signing for them and would have been a great signing for us
      OoLiaaaaaMoO
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,813 posts | 11 
      • In King Kenny WE Trust!
      Reply #62: Aug 22, 2011 11:28:07 am
      Great player would have liked him here.
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      • TU TA LOUCO? FILHO DA PUTA!
      Reply #63: Aug 22, 2011 11:30:38 am
      By all means he sounds like the perfect signing for Arsenal IMO.
      red_kaiser
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,506 posts | 60 
      Reply #64: Aug 22, 2011 11:32:15 am
      This is just a wind up by the press.Wenger does not like to sign anyone who are out of their teens.
      donk1664
      • Forum Matt Busby

• 128 posts |
      Reply #65: Aug 22, 2011 11:34:42 am

This is just a wind up by the press.Wenger does not like to sign anyone who are out of their teens.

True yes but you've missed the fact that transfer would be allowed under:

Wenger Transfer Policy Rule 3C) 'It's OK as he's French' and

Wenger Transfer Policy Rule 1A) 'He's a young player and we're a young developing team'
                                          subsection vi) [useable for as long as you need too use this clause even when it become a joke] clause.
      Macedonian_Red
      • Banned

• 4,762 posts | 63 
      Reply #66: Aug 22, 2011 01:09:11 pm
      I disagree mate, I think it is a bad signing for Arsenal because as good as he is and may turn out to be, this kid is not what they need right now.  I don't know how much you've seen of him, but I've not watched him play much - I didn't remember him playing against England for France.  His talent is not really the point.  This signing will not boost team morale, it will not assuage any dissension from the stands, it will only confirm to Arsenal players and fans that Wenger won't buy proven, top quality players who will improve their side NOW.  He won't come in an set the world on fire, he is still a young man, learning the game - add moving to a new country and different league to that and he will not be the difference they need.  Losing Fabregas and Nasri and replacing them with a 21 year old at 1/5 of the price will not inspire confidence.  I wonder how good a signing he will look when the rest of their top players leave next summer, because they are out of Europe.

If they'd have used the Cesc (and Nasri) money to sign Mata, a LB and Samba/Cahill to play alongside TV, they'd be challenging for the title.  As it stands, they will struggle to beat Spurs to 5th.

Sorry to say, but couldn't be more wrong ... Despite being only 21, M'Vila already has 2 full seasons as a starter in the Lague 1, and 11 full caps for France ... He would be a formidable signing for them, considering that he is one of the most talented defensive midfielders in the world ...
      cezar_sl
      • Forum Billy Liddell

• 612 posts |
      Reply #67: Aug 22, 2011 01:28:56 pm
      What a strong midfield presence excellant in possession, he could partner Ramsey and let Wilshire play in front of them. They have lacked a lad like this since the days of Flamini and Viera prior to this. He would be a great signing for them and would have been a great signing for us
      Every Arsenal blog I've read agrees that Whilshire can't play "the Cesc role", and that Ramsey plays it differently.
      Changing their system to accommodate players bought in the last week of transfers, that didn't train with the others in pre-season will guarantee a drop from top 4.

In other words, more good news for us.
      notorious1985
      • Forum Ian St John

• 442 posts | 27 
      Reply #68: Aug 22, 2011 02:43:42 pm
      Every Arsenal blog I've read agrees that Whilshire can't play "the Cesc role", and that Ramsey plays it differently.
      Changing their system to accommodate players bought in the last week of transfers, that didn't train with the others in pre-season will guarantee a drop from top 4.

In other words, more good news for us.
      Just like Suarez caused us to fall down the table after signing in January? If a player is good enough he will fit into the team especially if he is what the team is looking for.

Quick Reply