Trending Topics

Next match: Betis v LFC [Friendly] Sat 27th Jul @ 12:30 am
      Acrisure Stadium

Today is the 16th of June and on this date LFC's match record is P0 W0 D0 L0

Romelu Lukaku (Anderlecht)

Read 19229 times
      Podge
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,095 posts | 14 
      Re: Romelu Lukaku (Anderlecht)
      Reply #69: May 12, 2011 01:04:29 am
      Lukaku is very young though remember! And who better to learn his trade from than the King himself!!
      aussieredave
      • Forum Ian Callaghan

• 961 posts |
      Reply #70: May 12, 2011 01:12:10 am
      I would have rather him to Andy Carroll tbh :( tremdous upside.

But the Belgium league is mickey mouse compared to the EPL and Carroll has done pretty well for himself in the EPL.
      Podge
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,095 posts | 14 
      Reply #71: May 12, 2011 01:28:00 am
      I think there's room for both! Lukaku is so big and strong that he'd surely be a shoe-in for the Premiership! Look at the mancs...they have 3 strikers capable of scoring lots of goals...no reason we can't have the same!
      RedLFCBlood
      Reply #72: May 12, 2011 01:31:34 am
      I think there's room for both! Lukaku is so big and strong that he'd surely be a shoe-in for the Premiership! Look at the mancs...they have 3 strikerscapable of scoring lots of goals...no reason we can't have the same!

Kuyt, Suarez and Carroll so do we, still I'd be interested in Lukaku there's an awful lot of potential talent in that lad.
      Semple
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 7,854 posts | 149 
      • Ireland's Finest Scouser. Henderson supporter.
      Reply #73: May 12, 2011 02:06:43 am
      Too much of a risk for me. We need players that can play staright away. If we did go for him, no more than £10m as i would rather see us buy players who we know will make it.
      Podge
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,095 posts | 14 
      Reply #74: May 12, 2011 02:19:21 am
      Kuyt, Suarez and Carroll so do we, still I'd be interested in Lukaku there's an awful lot of potential talent in that lad.

True...I'm still in the habit of viewing Kuyt as a midfielder...but he has shown this season that he can be an out and out striker too!
      I feel bad for leaving Dirk out now! :(....I'm off to smack myself with a big stick! :angel:
      Podge
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,095 posts | 14 
      Reply #75: May 12, 2011 02:24:56 am
      Too much of a risk for me. We need players that can play staright away. If we did go for him, no more than £10m as I would rather see us buy players who we know will make it.

Also...sorry for the double post here!....is it not a risk every time you buy a player from outside the Premiership though really? I mean look at the likes of Forlan...on paper one of the best strikers in the world...but in the premiership a steaming pile of poo! Also I can recall plenty of negative voices around the time Suarez saying such things as "Yeah he's an accomplished scorers in the shitty Dutch league" and "A lot of top scorers from the Dutch League don't quite make the grade when the leave it." I think this lad has bags of potential and that his game would be very well suited to the Premiership.

So basically I'll see your 10 million and raise you 5-6!  :P
      Poko
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,502 posts | 65 
      Reply #76: May 12, 2011 04:21:55 am
      Also...sorry for the double post here!....is it not a risk every time you buy a player from outside the Premiership though really? I mean look at the likes of Forlan...on paper one of the best strikers in the world...but in the premiership a steaming pile of poo! Also I can recall plenty of negative voices around the time Suarez saying such things as "Yeah he's an accomplished scorers in the shitty Dutch league" and "A lot of top scorers from the Dutch League don't quite make the grade when the leave it." I think this lad has bags of potential and that his game would be very well suited to the Premiership.

Agree with this.

We won't get him for 10 million. Between 15-20 million will take it to get him. Lukaku is one for the future and he has a ton of potential wouldn't mind bringing him or Wickham here and shipping of N'Gog.
      Reprobate
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 11,055 posts | 436 
      • Avatar by Kitster29@Deviantart.com
      Reply #77: May 12, 2011 06:46:19 am
      I would LOVE to have Lukaku here, he's one of the youngsters that I am totally confident would hack it in our league. Unfortunately it's been heavily rumoured for some time that he's Chavski bound as a long-term replacement for Drogba.
      fields of anny rd
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,663 posts | 1961 
      Reply #78: May 12, 2011 07:16:09 am
      I would LOVE to have Lukaku here, he's one of the youngsters that I am totally confident would hack it in our league. Unfortunately it's been heavily rumoured for some time that he's Chavski bound as a long-term replacement for Drogba.

Can't see him going to Chelsea, this is only my opinion but I think Chelsea will look to mould a team around Torres next season, so Drogba and Anelka will probably be out the door, and Danny Sturridge and Kalou as the back up.

I'm sure the Lukaku to Chelsea rumours started because he plays a bit like Drogba who is getting on a bit, lazy journalism etc...

Its all guess work at this point though, he will probably still be at Anderlecht next season!
      linneman
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,426 posts | 16 
      Reply #79: May 12, 2011 08:47:41 am
      Can't see him going to Chelsea, this is only my opinion but I think Chelsea will look to mould a team around Torres next season, so Drogba and Anelka will probably be out the door, and Danny Sturridge and Kalou as the back up.

I'm sure the Lukaku to Chelsea rumours started because he plays a bit like Drogba who is getting on a bit, lazy journalism etc...

Its all guess work at this point though, he will probably still be at Anderlecht next season!

He visited Chelsea with his school last year and said he was an admirer of Drogba, that's indeed probably where al the 'rumours' come from.

I can see him leaving this summer tbh! Anderlecht need to rebuild their team heavily, and using 20m they could receive for Romelu would help them a lot! They would be able to buy 4 top class players (for the Belgian league) for that amount. He has also finished secondary school in june and he has said he wouldn't leave before that. he could take his chance now.

I'd like him here! He has a lot of potential and he could learn from the King, Suarez and Kuyt.
      Reprobate
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 11,055 posts | 436 
      • Avatar by Kitster29@Deviantart.com
      Reply #80: May 12, 2011 09:07:35 am
      Fair points from both of you, that probably is why there are so many rumours. I'm a big admirer of this kid though and I'd be a bit worried if he signs for another EPL club because he could well develop into something special.
      LFC Viking
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,112 posts | 38 
      • LFC: Europe's finest 5 star establishment
      Reply #81: May 12, 2011 12:18:50 pm
      Seems a lot to spend on a young lad, but would be better to buy him and have another beast in our side than think in a couple of years 'shoulda, woulda, coulda' when he's on fire for another team.

The owners, KK and Clarke just need to think about this 'gamble' and whether or not they think it will pay off.
      Semple
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 7,854 posts | 149 
      • Ireland's Finest Scouser. Henderson supporter.
      Reply #82: May 12, 2011 12:28:34 pm

You make a good point. Maybe it is something that we haven't done enough of in last few years as there have been very limited resources. Ill take your £15-16million ;D.
      Podge
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,095 posts | 14 
      Reply #83: May 12, 2011 05:32:37 pm
      You make a good point. Maybe it is something that we haven't done enough of in last few years as there have been very limited resources. Ill take your £15-16million ;D.

Thank you. Deal!  ;D
      fields of anny rd
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,663 posts | 1961 
      Reply #84: May 12, 2011 05:39:32 pm
      The thing about Chelski is they pissed £50M up the wall on Nando Torres so will surely look to make him the focal point, and he doesn't do well with a strike partner like Drogba and Lukakau is just like him.

Podge
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,095 posts | 14 
      Reply #85: May 12, 2011 07:10:43 pm
      Suarez and Lukaku would be amazing together...but at the same time big Andy has a lot to give too...as does Dirk up front!! The question is, is Kenny going to have his 1st choice team and stick to it? Or is he gonna look to rotate strikers? And in that case would Carroll/Kuyt/Lukaku be satisfied with not starting every game? There are a lot of variables here!! :)
      kevinho
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,698 posts | 78 
      • YNWA
      Reply #86: May 12, 2011 08:10:47 pm
      I've only ever seen youtube videos of this kid, but he is a specimen to say the least. Do we have any Belgian league watchers here? How are his feet?
      linneman
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,426 posts | 16 
      Reply #87: May 12, 2011 10:31:31 pm
      I do watch a lot of belgian league and I must say he has very good feet, especially with his size. You can really compare  him to Drogba for that matter.
      Macedonian_Red
      • Banned

• 4,762 posts | 63 
      Reply #88: Jun 17, 2011 06:10:45 pm

Chelsea in transfer talks over Lukaku

Published 17:58 17/06/11

Anderlecht have confirmed for the first time they and Chelsea are in discussions over Romelu Lukaku moving to Stamford Bridge.

And the transfer could involve Kevin De Bruyne joining the Brussels club on loan, with the midfielder admitting he was keen to leave Genk for the Blues and be farmed back out to his native Belgium.

Lukaku, 18, has long been linked with Chelsea, who he has confessed to support.

Rumours have been rife that Anderlecht general manager Herman van Holsbeeck had visited London to thrash out a deal with the Barclays Premier League club.

And he has now confirmed that he has been in talks with them, in addition to other clubs, amid reports Arsenal, Manchester City and Tottenham are also interested in the teenager.

Van Holsbeeck told Sky Sports: "There is still a long way to go in the negotiations.

"We are indeed negotiating with Chelsea, but there are other clubs we are talking to."

Van Holsbeeck refused to put a timescale on any deal, saying: "It could happen in the next half hour, it could take until August 31 - that is football."

http://www.mirrorfootball.co.uk/news/Chelsea-transfer-news-Romelu-Lukaka-negotiations-have-begun-confirm-his-club-Anderlecht-article749041.html
      Chico Banderas
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,072 posts | 150 
      Reply #89: Jun 17, 2011 08:11:55 pm
      Nooooooooooooooooooooooo oooooooooooooooooooooooo oooooooooooooooooooooooo ooooooooooooooooooooo
      Macedonian_Red
      • Banned

• 4,762 posts | 63 
      Reply #90: Jul 03, 2011 09:30:09 pm

Blues warned over Lukaku
      Anderlecht claim Chelsea have yet to raise cash for striker

Last Updated: July 3, 2011 11:03am

Anderlecht understand that Chelsea still want Romelu Lukaku despite the change of manager at Stamford Bridge but have told the Blues to make a decent offer.

The 18-year-old striker, who has already been capped at senior international level by Belgium and is regarded as an extremely bright prospect for the future, looked set to join Chelsea earlier in the summer.

A deal did not materialise as quickly as expected and some reports have claimed that new boss Andre Villas-Boas is less keen to bring in the teenager.

Anderlecht insist Villas-Boas is a fan of Lukaku but are determined to get a fair price and are thought to value their prize asset at around £20million.

Director of football Herman van Holsbeeck said: "People say the new Chelsea manager doesn't want Lukaku - but they have different information to me.

"But we will only sell him if it is good for both ourselves and the player.

"We want serious money for him."

Anderlecht president Roger Vanden Stock maintains that Chelsea have not yet made a formal offer and may have to wait until next summer unless they step up their interest.

"Lukaku says Chelsea are the club for him, so they will probably be the club he joins," said Vanden Stock.

"But they have not yet put their money on the table. They want him for as little as possible.

"We'll see what happens. He will go to England in the end, but it is fine if he stays another year with us."

http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,12876_7015953,00.html
      corballyred
      • Banned

• 17,707 posts | 307 
      Reply #91: Aug 06, 2011 09:04:32 pm
      Going to Chelsea will be interesting to see how he gets on

Quick Reply