Trending Topics

Next match: Betis v LFC [Friendly] Sat 27th Jul @ 12:30 am
      Acrisure Stadium

Today is the 17th of June and on this date LFC's match record is P0 W0 D0 L0

Liverpool 3 - 0 West Ham - post match smiles

Read 13409 times
      Billy1
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,638 posts | 1966 
      Re: Liverpool 3 - 0 West Ham - post match smiles
      Reply #23: Nov 21, 2010 06:40:53 pm
      Same, :O

Thought the whole team played well. Poulsen and Konchesky had very good games which needs pointing out when they are constantly criticised.

No real MOTM for me, was an all round good team performance, but I knew we would win comfortably, its the away record that makes me worry.
      Any player who did not play well against weak opposition like West Ham should not be playing for a club in the premier league.The 3 points were very welcome but really we should of had another 3 goals in the second half.I thought Meireless had a very good game and looks to be settling in well in the side.
      Red Horizon
      • Forum John Toshack

• 246 posts |
      Reply #24: Nov 21, 2010 06:41:29 pm
      We won't play a worse team this season than the Hammers....everyone played their part and i really enjoyed the first half....

Maybe we could have turned the screw second half but it was just nice to see a composed performance..I felt somewhat sorry for the West Ham fans who kept their sense of humour up all match.

It's so much better to see two start up front and there was a nice balance and shape to the team i haven't seen all season,i know the opposition has to be taken into account(god they were awful)but i hope this can be the start of better things to come.....

Brian78
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,382 posts | 2885 
      • A Liverbird upon my chest
      Reply #25: Nov 21, 2010 06:57:07 pm
      Win is always the important thing so nice on that lads. Also nice to score 3 in a game. Bonus that Nando didnt score and obviously Stevie didn't. Point being good to see 3 goals being spread about particularly Johnson and Maxi netting

But I was slightly annoyed by our 2nd half display really thought wed have got 5 or 6 if we had gone for the throat.

Anyway 3 points was the main thing now can we get something next week please
      billythered
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 10,996 posts | 5049 
      • From Doubters to Champions of the World
      Reply #26: Nov 21, 2010 07:00:45 pm
      Great win from the lads but not getting too excited it was only West Sham, but even so you can only play whats in front of you, great confidence boost for the yids next week, Meireles was top and showed why he is rated in Europe, why Roy plays him wide is beyond me, some good performances from Johnson, Kuyt, Ngog, Maxi and of course Nando, we look a different team when he has company up front, now we need to push on from here, i would settle for a point away at the Lane but if we can play like we know we can there is no reason we cant get all three pts, all we need is for Roy to believe more in his players to come up with the goods instead of being to negative, well done Redmen very easy on the eye especially first half, and credit to Roy too he got the balance right and it worked a treat, well done all.YNWA.
      corballyred
      • Banned

• 17,707 posts | 307 
      Reply #27: Nov 21, 2010 07:03:19 pm
      A win is a win I wouldn't look anything into it, West ham are awful and looked like they couldn't give a sh*t. Normal service will be resumed next week under Hodgson.
      Baustinsali08
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,514 posts | 29 
      Reply #28: Nov 21, 2010 07:10:50 pm
      What about Meireles next to Lucas and Gerrard playing behind Torres? If we play Meireles next to Gerrard what do we do with Lucas?
      frizzby5
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 18,362 posts | 627 
      Reply #29: Nov 21, 2010 07:13:35 pm
      Fantastic first half run of the mill Second, but the game had already been put to bed and it was ONLY West Ham !
      Next week is the big test, the way the Yids came back against the Arse yesterday showed that there no pushovers. if we take 3pts from that lot Then I'll begin to believe again ! 
      corballyred
      • Banned

• 17,707 posts | 307 
      Reply #30: Nov 21, 2010 07:14:37 pm
      Lucas has played a lot more poor matches than good ones this season and I'd much prefer to see Meirles and Gerrard in midfield with Cole behind Torres.
      neilh2105
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,275 posts | 37 
      Reply #31: Nov 21, 2010 07:15:57 pm
      Lets not flatter ourselves they were f***in sh*te. Lets see how we shape up against the big noses
      Reslivo
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,490 posts | 521 
      Reply #32: Nov 21, 2010 07:18:45 pm
      Lucas has played a lot more poor matches than good ones this season

Disagree.
      Red5man
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,616 posts | 76 
      Reply #33: Nov 21, 2010 07:23:46 pm
      Lucas has played a lot more poor matches than good ones this season and I'd much prefer to see Meirles and Gerrard in midfield with Cole behind Torres.

I think Lucas has done well but I'd be foolish to think I don't want to see Meireles/Gerrard in the middle with Cole in behind Torres. I agree with it.
      corballyred
      • Banned

• 17,707 posts | 307 
      Reply #34: Nov 21, 2010 07:27:05 pm
      Barring the Chelsea and Blackburn match he has not excelled in any other matches. I remember his performance against Everton and earlier in the season when along with the rest of the team he was awful when he played.

I think it is very hard for anyone to argue against Meirles and Gerrard being our best midfield pairing.
      Dannylfc
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 5,010 posts | 174 
      • Always in our shadow.
      Reply #35: Nov 21, 2010 07:27:39 pm
      What about Meireles next to Lucas and Gerrard playing behind Torres? If we play Meireles next to Gerrard what do we do with Lucas?
      As I said before Lucas has had some really good games this season, but honestly, I would accomdate Merelies in central midfield before I would Lucas.

We seem to of created a myth that its compulsory for us to play a holding midfielder in the recent seasons. Can't see any harm in us risking 4-4-2 for a few games. Gerrard had a good season behind Torres in 2008/2009, but last year (Injurys aside) it was abit of a shambles at times they were that isolated. Stevie needs to be in the center for me, influences the game so much more.

Would love to see us consistently try this for a few matches..

Kuyt   Gerrard   Merelies  Maxi

Kuyt/Ngog/Cole   Torres

Torres is involved so much more in the game when hes got someone up with him.
      bigvYNWA
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,795 posts | 994 
      Reply #36: Nov 21, 2010 07:29:16 pm

You could say that for everyone - but no, you just choose to pick Lucas instead.

Anyways, looking at positives! Great match, could have been even greater than it was had we turned the screw with a couple more goals, but beggers can't be choosers eh! I was just happy to see us play a full 90 minutes. Yeah, the second half was a bit flatter but we still looked more eager than we have at other times this season, and had a couple good sites at goal (Aurelio just missing, and Torres would have had one had it not been for Green and the bar).

Are we getting a MOTM poll up or? For me it was Meireles - we all knew he was a great player, and he showed that yesterday. I F***ing hope that Roy sees that the center is where he should be, and F**k off this out of position sh*t.

Overall, I'm a happy lad! Would have liked more than 3 goals based on the performance, but i'll take 3-0 any day ;D

YNWA!
      racerx34
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 33,687 posts | 3906 
      • THE SALT IN THE SOUP
      Reply #37: Nov 21, 2010 07:31:34 pm
      Torres and Gerrard are our best forward partnership for the big games. Personally it's the pairing I'd utilise with everyone fit. If we dont recruit in midfield come January then I would start them upfront with Lucas and Raul in midfield.
      corballyred
      • Banned

• 17,707 posts | 307 
      Reply #38: Nov 21, 2010 07:31:53 pm
      I chose Lucas because he is playing ahead of Meirles in the centre and Meirles showed yesterday why he is a better player than him in there that is all.

You don't have to jump on my back YNWA when I mention Lucas name. Gerrard and Meirles in midfield with Cole behind Torres would be our strongest team in my opinion.
      RedPuppy
      • Still European.
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 19,271 posts | 2859 
      • Parum Rutilus Canis: Illegitimi non carborundum
      Reply #39: Nov 21, 2010 07:32:14 pm
      I was in work for the game (shock), But I knew I could not lose.

If we won Wayhay! But with odds of 3-1 for a draw, and 6-1 for a WHU win, and our past two performances and results could you blame me? Anyway I'm £10 down! That should teach me..

What is interesting and may come as a shock to you is we have a better home record than Arsenal!

Only saw the game on MotD this morning.

Disappointed we did not get more in the 2nd half to get a positive GD.
      bigvYNWA
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,795 posts | 994 
      Reply #40: Nov 21, 2010 07:40:23 pm
      I chose Lucas because he is playing ahead of Meirles in the centre and Meirles showed yesterday why he is a better player than him in there that is all.

You don't have to jump on my back YNWA when I mention Lucas name. Gerrard and Meirles in midfield with Cole behind Torres would be our strongest team in my opinion.

Of course it would. But i just get sick of it always being about Lucas, when he has been one of our better players overall this season. I don't jump on your back everytime you mention it, i jump on your back everytime you UNFAIRLY criticize him - just happens to be a lot ;)
      red trooper
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,854 posts | 69 
      • and don't be afraid of the dark
      Reply #41: Nov 21, 2010 07:41:00 pm
      Meireles was my man of the match yesterday ,great work rate and skill, Nando looking very sharp and trying his best ,admittedly West Ham were poor and lacked ideas but we showed a clinical edge that has been missing this season ,Also liked Maxi's contribution and skill,good performance lads ! thanks for that effort ,did me and yourselves proud !
      carragerrard
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,584 posts | 94 
      Reply #42: Nov 21, 2010 07:41:52 pm
      well done lads   agood game finally , we have to build up on this in the coming games
       Raul was a master in the centre , there where he should play, poulsen  had a good game too for a change
       the pundit (don't know who he was, infact i dont care) commenting pissed me off , all the game was moaning about how poor WH were playing . not a praise for the way liverpool were playing >tw*t

ps .thanks to the adm. and mods for re-establishing the forum, been lost without it to be honest good job mates
        YNWA
      gareth g
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 15,469 posts | 366 
      Reply #43: Nov 21, 2010 07:47:37 pm
      Three very much needed points, good first half, disappointed in the second, should have gone for the juggler and finished them off.
      After all it was only W.H.U. The whipping boys of the premier.

Bigger test in the match against Spurs next, should be very interesting?
      LFC
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,715 posts | 36 
      • In JK I trust! YNWA
      Reply #44: Nov 21, 2010 08:00:30 pm
      Haha one of the best performances of the season and under Hodgson(in the 1st half anyway) and the forum goes down :D

Still though well played lads
      red_squirrel
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,131 posts | 15 
      Reply #45: Nov 21, 2010 08:18:01 pm
      I was impressed with the performance but West Ham were so poor it was unbelievable.  I was disappointed that Roy seemed to settle for 3-0 as I thought we could have ended up with a 'plus' goal difference for the first time this season (?).

Was then further alarmed by Roy saying Carlton Cole is a good player.  Please no!!!!!

Quick Reply