Trending Topics

Next match: v [] Thu 1st Jan @ 1:00 am

Today is the 5th of June and on this date LFC's match record is P3 W2 D1 L0

Ryan Babel hits out at ex-Liverpool boss Benitez

Read 6390 times
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,493 posts | 8676 
      Re: Ryan Babel hits out at ex-Liverpool boss Benitez
      Reply #46: Nov 26, 2010 01:03:43 am
      F**k his twitter, DJing and his wannabee rap performances, I went off him the minute he sh*t out against City last season at Anfield.

Very much someone who flatters to deceive.
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 39,685 posts | 6981 
      Reply #47: Nov 26, 2010 02:00:48 am
      Funny.

Exactly one year ago he attempted to disrupt LFC plans for our Champions League game with that interview with a Dutch magazine.

http://www.anfield-online.co.uk/lfc-news/2009/rafa-set-to-deal-with-babel/

119 games in to his Liverpool career. I've seen enough.

Must be sold in January. Time to move on for Ryan and more importantly Liverpool.
      MIRO
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,989 posts | 3124 
      • Trust The Universe
      Reply #48: Nov 26, 2010 09:09:15 am
      Baa-Baa  Babel.

Should be Bye Bye Babel.

Bunny?

"Yes"

Is Babel a Quare?

"Oh Yes"

He looks like a Quare.

He talks like a Quare.

He plays like a Quare.

So we'll put him down as a Quare then.
      Chico Banderas
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,072 posts | 150 
      Reply #49: Nov 26, 2010 10:12:46 am
      Baa-Baa  Babel.

Should be Bye Bye Babel.

Bunny?

"Yes"

Is Babel a Quare?

"Oh Yes"

He looks like a Quare.

He talks like a Quare.

He plays like a Quare.

So we'll put him down as a Quare then.

Hilarious.. yawn *Looks for sarcastic smiley*

F**k his twitter, DJing and his wannabee rap performances, I went off him the minute he sh*t out against City last season at Anfield.

Very much someone who flatters to deceive.

Huyton lad.. Geddagrip!!

"DJing and his wannabee rap performances"????

Why talk about irrelevant stuff to justify your hatred for a player?

Dislike him all you want for having one decent season and two sh*te ones not his music taste ffs!!

If he was twittering about tactics fair enough, but I showed everyone how this story came about.. Rather than him "Spouting" stuff it was more a case of him being too honest. Even you who dislikes him wouldn't have found much wrong with what he said (and how he said it) at the time.. Stupid for giving fans training information yes, but he was in no way bad mouthing anyone..

Its funny because all of a sudden there seems to be loads of LFC fans with super powers who manage to climb into Ryans brain and extract information (not you by the way). These kind of fans make statements like "He thinks he's too big for us" and "he's spoilt" which is just blatant fabrication forwarded as fact.

All I'm saying is a footballers past time is of no importance to me..

Carra's been sh*te this season and not one mention of his restaurant, a genuine time consuming distraction??

ORCHARD RED
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 8,526 posts | 1457 
      • 6 Times!
      Reply #50: Nov 26, 2010 10:27:12 am
      It seems Ryan is making excuses. I will say that he didn't get much playing time under Rafa, but he has hardly made a case for starting more regularly when he has played! I would cash him in in January, maybe even do a swap deal.
      Semple

• 7,854 posts | 149 
      • Ireland's Finest Scouser. Henderson supporter.
      Reply #51: Nov 26, 2010 11:03:49 am
      Have to be honest, he was wrong to say this but what i will say is imagine someone is questioning your professionalism, you are always going to stick up for yourself. He has just done it in the wrong way by slagging off Rafa.
      TotheMax
      • Forum Ronnie Moran

• 404 posts | 22 
      Reply #52: Nov 26, 2010 11:23:56 am
      Huyton lad.. Geddagrip!!

"DJing and his wannabee rap performances"????

Why talk about irrelevant stuff to justify your hatred for a player?

Unless I misunderstood Huyton Red, then you are on the same page Chico (we all three are). I think he meant, F**k his twitter etc. cause its not relevant. He judges him on his performances. And if thats the case I completely agree. I do agree that it might be time for him to move on though. He's still worth money but he is not performing. I think its better for him as well. Seems like he doesnt fit in here. He hasnt developed at all since he came when he was 21 or so. Not good for him and not good for us.

In his defence I think he was never given the consecutive string of games he deserved and needed to build up some match form and get his footy going. When you consider how many minutes the likes of Kuyt, Lucas, Insua and Johnson have gotten despite very average performances you understand why Ryan has felt unfairly treated.
      Semple

• 7,854 posts | 149 
      • Ireland's Finest Scouser. Henderson supporter.
      Reply #53: Nov 26, 2010 11:28:33 am
      Unless I misunderstood Huyton Red, then you are on the same page Chico (we all three are). I think he meant, f**k his twitter etc. cause its not relevant. He judges him on his performances. And if thats the case I completely agree. I do agree that it might be time for him to move on though. He's still worth money but he is not performing. I think its better for him as well. Seems like he doesnt fit in here. He hasnt developed at all since he came when he was 21 or so. Not good for him and not good for us.

In his defence I think he was never given the consecutive string of games he deserved and needed to build up some match form and get his footy going. When you consider how many minutes the likes of Kuyt, Lucas, Insua and Johnson have gotten despite very average performances you understand why Ryan has felt unfairly treated.

Excellent post mate. Completely agree with you. I do wish he had been given the opportunity ton play in consecutive games. However, if he isn't doing it in training or when called upon, does he really deserve the opportunity to play in consecutive games ??? Probably not. Shame, however, as there is certainly a lot of talent in him. He is one of these players that seem to only perform in the surroundings that he is comfortable in and, like you said in the post, it almost seems he doesn't fit in at the club.
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,493 posts | 8676 
      Reply #54: Nov 26, 2010 11:36:21 am
      Unless I misunderstood Huyton Red, then you are on the same page Chico (we all three are). I think he meant, F**k his twitter etc. cause its not relevant. He judges him on his performances.

Thats about the long and short of it!
      Plantman
      • Forum Billy Liddell

• 597 posts |
      • Youll*Never*Walk*Alone
      Reply #55: Nov 26, 2010 11:54:37 am
      I wanted him to be good, but he just doesnt cut it, and babeling on (;D) twitter about how hard it is just says that he has too much time on his hands.

Id be working 1000% to get myself back in the team not pissing about whinging.
      Chico Banderas
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,072 posts | 150 
      Reply #56: Nov 26, 2010 12:11:31 pm
      Thats about the long and short of it!

Err.. Yeah.. Might have got your post a bit "Twangled".. ;D.. Ma bad..

Although I obviously have a soft spot for the lad its hard for me to defend what he's done for us on the field.. But I like a few others really don't believe he's ever had a good run. (Still potentially his fault though?).
      Call me naive but a good run in a semi confident team should see him bang a couple Kop end and finally capture this elusive form.
      I know most fans would disagree but.....
      fraggle786
      • Forum John Toshack

• 271 posts | 15 
      Reply #57: Nov 26, 2010 12:49:28 pm

Call me naive but a good run in a semi confident team should see him bang a couple Kop end and finally capture this elusive form.
      I know most fans would disagree but.....

To be honest i really dont understand how people can argue that he hasn't been given a fair chance. Babel has played 139 games in all competitions for liverpool and scored 21 goals during that time. Granted majority of these appearances have been as a sub but is it not up to Ryan to prove he is worthy of a starting position. Is it not up to Ryan to prove to the manager that he is capable of playing.

An example of this is Benayoun, i didnt rate him much when he first signed but he did prove he was a decent player. Didnt moan at his lack of chances just got his head down and got on with the job.

Apart from last season and this current campaign, i think the team has been more then semi-confident, so why has he not been able to deliver?
      Plantman
      • Forum Billy Liddell

• 597 posts |
      • Youll*Never*Walk*Alone
      Reply #58: Nov 26, 2010 01:00:16 pm
      another issue with his style of play is you do need to play 4 or 5 games in a row to get up to speed and find your feet, although its difficult when you look so uninterested whilst playing.

I wish he could have that trial but we just aint in a position to risk giving him a run and watching him play cack
      TotheMax
      • Forum Ronnie Moran

• 404 posts | 22 
      Reply #59: Nov 26, 2010 05:43:37 pm
      To be honest I really dont understand how people can argue that he hasn't been given a fair chance. Babel has played 139 games in all competitions for liverpool and scored 21 goals during that time. Granted majority of these appearances have been as a sub but is it not up to Ryan to prove he is worthy of a starting position.

Those stats are useless in order to conclude anything about whether he has been given a fair chance or not. As you are saying yourself, many of those games are 10-20 min sub appearances. Also, if you go back and check Im sure you will find that he has had few consecutive 90 min games. The guy has been played inconsistently and he has performed inconsistently. Isnt it up to Ryan to prove that he deserves the consecutive 90 min games? On one hand yes, on the other hand we all know that training and match fitness isnt that same thing. And how would you explain that the likes of Lucas and Kuyt were given loads of consecutive 90 min games allthough their performances for long periods were very average at best? How did they exactly prove that they were worthy of their starting positions?

Should be said, Babels media-moaning of course didnt help his cause.

Quick Reply