Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Wolves [Premier League] Sun 19th May @ 4:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 16th of May and on this date LFC's match record is P16 W12 D1 L3

Its all hotting up in serie A

Read 7937 times
      azizdamji
      • Banned

• 155 posts | -2 
      Re: Its all hotting up in serie A
      Reply #46: Nov 23, 2010 03:19:55 pm
      Sod Houllier, I'll take G Mac!
      Apologies if everyone else knows and I'm the only ignorant person. Who is G Mac?
      shabbadoo
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 29,471 posts | 4592 
      Reply #47: Nov 23, 2010 03:23:05 pm
      Apologies if everyone else knows and I'm the only ignorant person. Who is G Mac?

macdonalds have done a gangster burger collaboration with 50 cents.
      KS67
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,475 posts | 463 
      Reply #48: Nov 23, 2010 03:26:52 pm
      macdonalds have done a gangster burger collaboration with 50 cents.

I dunno whatcha heard about me, but I'm available for 25p.
      I dunno whatcha heard about me, but nearly I'm saturated fat free!

:f_whistle:

I need to get out more.
      chats
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,452 posts | 2846 
      Reply #49: Nov 23, 2010 04:55:55 pm
      Another scenario:

Capello to Inter, Hodgson to England and then Rafa back to us.
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,375 posts | 8624 
      Reply #50: Nov 23, 2010 05:18:24 pm

Gary Macca
      CRK
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 13,604 posts | 361 
      • JFT96 YNWA
      Reply #51: Nov 23, 2010 06:21:14 pm
      I'd take any of the situations touted in this thread if it means Hodgson fucks off.

Rafa or Ancelotti over Hodgson? Por favor.
      GERNS
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 12,372 posts | 1540 
      Reply #52: Nov 23, 2010 11:03:44 pm
      HHMMMMMM... Wonder why Rafa is 9 point off the pace with a team that just done the treble was it ?  Too defensive mabey, poor team selection, bought a couple of duffers, crazy substitutions, or is it just bad luck. Or mabey he didn't get a big enough transferr kitty. No I don't want Rafa back,  let's keep looking forward. Hodgesons not the answer, but neither is Rafa.
      red_squirrel
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,131 posts | 15 
      Reply #53: Nov 23, 2010 11:55:08 pm
      HHMMMMMM... Wonder why Rafa is 9 point off the pace with a team that just done the treble was it ?  Too defensive mabey, poor team selection, bought a couple of duffers, crazy substitutions, or is it just bad luck. Or mabey he didn't get a big enough transferr kitty. No I don't want Rafa back,  let's keep looking forward. Hodgesons not the answer, but neither is Rafa.

You should have a read through the thread.  He's basically trying to get the team to adopt an attacking approach as oppose to Maureen's counter attacking philosophy....etc.
      LFC-LCFC
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,766 posts | 128 
      • Adopted Scouser
      Reply #54: Nov 24, 2010 03:12:52 am
      HHMMMMMM... Wonder why Rafa is 9 point off the pace with a team that just done the treble was it ?  Too defensive mabey, poor team selection, bought a couple of duffers, crazy substitutions, or is it just bad luck. Or mabey he didn't get a big enough transferr kitty. No I don't want Rafa back,  let's keep looking forward. Hodgesons not the answer, but neither is Rafa.

Apart from Rafa not being in charge of transfers at Milan, the attacking football he plays as opposed to the counter attacking football they did last season, the huge injuries his squad has sustained, that we are a club that always looks back and embraces its history and the fact its spelt Hodgson that was a brilliant post.

:roll:
      RedHon
      • Forum Jason McAteer

• 143 posts |
      Reply #55: Nov 24, 2010 03:41:02 am

It's really not an easy task to even maintain at least one title for Inter but I guess when Rafa took the job, he was fully aware of it. No doubts Rafa is a good manager but I always wondered his 'funny' decisions like what you've mentioned. I am definitely in favor of attacking football and players playing to their natural talents and positioning. Rafa is miles ahead of Roy and I don't want Roy not even for another day but I've mixed feelings whether it's wise having Rafa back. We'll need to trust NESV to bring in the appropriate talent to Liverpool. Roy is not and will never be the right manager for Liverpool and I like to assume he was a stand-in during the transition. We need a change for the better and it has to be for the future.
      AJ
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 6,445 posts | 124 
      • Boom!
      Reply #56: Nov 24, 2010 01:58:55 pm

Gary McCallister one of the stars of our glorious 2000/2001 season and now 2nd in command at Villa, Wak up lad!
      what-a-hit-son
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,501 posts | 4840 
      • t: @MrPrice1979 i: @klmprice101518
      Reply #57: Nov 24, 2010 02:10:06 pm

Oh dear.
      ruthcity

• 6,938 posts | 1480 
      Reply #58: Nov 24, 2010 02:21:08 pm
      Another scenario:

Capello to Inter, Hodgson to England and then Rafa back to us.

Nice, love to see that happening.
      TotheMax
      • Forum Ronnie Moran

• 404 posts | 22 
      Reply #59: Nov 24, 2010 02:32:15 pm
      Gary McCallister one of the stars of our glorious 2000/2001 season and now 2nd in command at Villa, Wak up lad!

Just because you havent heard the nickname G Mac it doesnt mean that you dont know Gary McCallister. Usually his nickname is Gary Mac anyways as far as Im informed. Easy with the judging-gun guys, he asked politely and the forum is here to educate fans and spread knowledge anyways.
      vitez
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,701 posts | 156 
      Reply #60: Nov 24, 2010 02:35:24 pm
      Just because you havent heard the nickname G Mac it doesnt mean that you dont know Gary McCallister. Usually his nickname is Gary Mac anyways as far as Im informed. Easy with the judging-gun guys, he asked politely and the forum is here to educate fans and spread knowledge anyways.

Exactly this.  What if he started supporting the Reds after his time, at least he's making an effort to learn the history.
      ruthcity

• 6,938 posts | 1480 
      Reply #61: Nov 24, 2010 02:59:10 pm
      Exactly this.  What if he started supporting the Reds after his time, at least he's making an effort to learn the history.

So who is this Rafa? And how should we compare Rafa to RH?  :lmao:
      fields of anny rd
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,663 posts | 1961 
      Reply #62: Nov 24, 2010 03:01:54 pm
      Gary Mac, now that guy was a legend! That 40 yard free kick against the bitters last kick of the game! :o :o :o
      waltonl4
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 37,615 posts | 7143 
      Reply #63: Nov 24, 2010 05:44:11 pm
      Apart from Rafa not being in charge of transfers at Milan, the attacking football he plays as opposed to the counter attacking football they did last season, the huge injuries his squad has sustained, that we are a club that always looks back and embraces its history and the fact its spelt Hodgson that was a brilliant post.

Did nobody see the mauling he gave Tottenham in the first half of their home tie. That was som eof the best football I have seen in many years.It definitely wasnt a Maureen side playing like that.
      « Last Edit: Nov 24, 2010 06:26:39 pm by crouchinho »
      GERNS
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 12,372 posts | 1540 
      Reply #64: Nov 24, 2010 08:43:04 pm

Blew me right out the water that reply. :lmao:
      waltonl4
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 37,615 posts | 7143 
      Reply #65: Nov 24, 2010 09:38:13 pm
      Half time during the Utd Rangers game commentator say's another black night for Rafa 0-0 FFS why dont they leave the  man alone he is 1000 miles away and the British Press stillfeel the need to stick the boot in.I think they won in the end but no comment on that.I hate ITV I hate SKY.
      gazza31
      • Banned

• 2,751 posts | 35 
      Reply #66: Nov 24, 2010 10:15:49 pm
      If Roy had taken over us as Europe Champions, League Champions, nine points of the top and struggled to a one nil win against twenty. I am sure he would be given time.....oops hang on read the Italian press. Rafa will be out in Jan if he doesn't improve FACT.
      shabbadoo
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 29,471 posts | 4592 
      Reply #67: Nov 24, 2010 10:22:02 pm
      If Roy had taken over us as Europe Champions, League Champions, nine points of the top and struggled to a one nil win against twenty. I am sure he would be given time.....oops hang on read the Italian press. Rafa will be out in Jan if he doesn't improve FACT.

I hope rafa returns just to piss you and your media buddies right off!.

red_squirrel
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,131 posts | 15 
      Reply #68: Nov 24, 2010 10:24:29 pm

Rafa is trying to get a counter attacking side to play more attacking football.  Roy is, well who knows.... but it involves largely sitting very deep and trying not to let a goal in.  And failing.

Quick Reply