Trending Topics

Next match: v [] Thu 1st Jan @ 1:00 am

Today is the 24th of May and on this date LFC's match record is P14 W9 D1 L4

Gervinho (Lille)

Read 19856 times
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      • TU TA LOUCO? FILHO DA PUTA!
      Re: Gervinho (Lille)
      Reply #23: Dec 28, 2010 05:57:45 pm
      ^ Bit rough mate. Hazard said he won't be leaving in January.
      corballyred
      • Banned

• 17,707 posts | 307 
      Reply #24: Dec 28, 2010 06:04:58 pm
      Still mate if we want to compete with the best we have to buy the best, no point doing this gambling sh*t again, for a couple million more we could have Hazard.

He has way more potential than Gervinho to be honest, If he is not available in January I'd prefer to hold on to the money till the Summer then.
      TonioLerouge
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,170 posts | 59 
      Reply #25: Dec 28, 2010 06:28:13 pm
      For all the "we must absolutely buy Hazard not Gervinho", an interesting (but awfully translated) analysis of his impact for Lille last season :

Link

Not to say he is better, Hazard clearly has more potential, but Gervinho is not a player we should be ashamed to sign.

IMO the best would be to sign him now and have his help to convince Eden to join us in the summer, why breaking this working pair ?
      « Last Edit: May 29, 2011 05:28:38 am by CRK, Reason: URL was messing up iPhone display. Sorted. »
      AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,882 posts | 6816 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone
      Reply #26: Dec 28, 2010 08:19:59 pm
      If we had a "French Dexter" to tell us something more about these talents from Ligue 1 we're being linked with everyday.

We do mate, his name is Ayrton but haven't seen him knocking about on here for a while.
      Tayls
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 5,378 posts | 510 
      Reply #27: Dec 28, 2010 08:44:30 pm
      For all the "we must absolutely buy Hazard not Gervinho", an interesting (but awfully translated) analysis of his impact for Lille last season :

Link

Not to say he is better, Hazard clearly has more potential, but Gervinho is not a player we should be ashamed to sign.

IMO the best would be to sign him now and have his help to convince Eden to join us in the summer, why breaking this working pair ?

Of course I wasn't actually knocking Gervinho myself, he seems a good player though whether he'd be as effective in the Premiership we don't know. However I think Hazard is a huge talent and we'd be absolute mugs to not go in for him now or in the summer because if we don't someone else will and he'll go on to be a star for them.
      « Last Edit: May 29, 2011 05:32:23 am by CRK, Reason: Fixed the mega URL in the quoted post. Amended your quote to reflect the change. »
      Volle
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 770 posts |
      • Champions 2019/20
      Reply #28: Dec 28, 2010 09:56:26 pm
      ^ Bit rough mate. Hazard said he won't be leaving in January.
      Politically correct to say so but who knows ? I'd take him before Gervinho, not that i take it for granted that Gervinho would be a bad signing though.
      Scottish Scouser
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 703 posts | 34 
      Reply #29: Dec 31, 2010 06:15:50 pm
      Lille president Michel Seydoux has denied reports that Liverpool have made an £11m bid for star striker Gervinho.
      Under-fire Liverpool manager Roy Hodgson has made no secret of his desire to bolster his attacking options when the January transfer window opens.
      And reports had suggested that the club had already placed a big-money bid for 23-year-old Gervinho, who has been key to Lille's surge to the top of Ligue 1.

We're cool because we have not received any offers

Michel Seydoux
      But Seydoux has rubbished those rumours, instead insisting Lille don't want to sell the Ivorian centre-forward.
      "We're cool because we have not received any offers," Seydoux said.
      "The price of Gervinho? I do not know but I have read about clubs making us great offers for him but they never actually reach the club.
      "Lille is a buying club and not a selling one."

http://www.talksport.co.uk/sports-news/football/premier-league/transfer-rumours/4157/6/lille-chief-rejects-reports-liverpool-have-launched-%C2%A311m-bid-striker
      StevieG123

• 9,716 posts | 65 
      Reply #30: Dec 31, 2010 06:22:07 pm
      Would love to get the pair of them.
      eden hazard - gervinho
      Tim LFC
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 765 posts | 15 
      Reply #31: Dec 31, 2010 07:08:24 pm
      What a goal that was, pure class.
      lfc_ynwa

• 9,109 posts | 233 
      • In Kenny we trust. YNWA. Tits!!
      Reply #32: Dec 31, 2010 10:08:00 pm
      Wow that was class. Would love them both to come here. Can't believe hazards only 19. If we do sign him it'll be the summer. It would never be in Jan. We have a chance, hopefully.
      Volle
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 770 posts |
      • Champions 2019/20
      Reply #33: Dec 31, 2010 10:13:57 pm
      Wow that was class. Would love them both to come here. Can't believe hazards only 19. If we do sign him it'll be the summer. It would never be in Jan. We have a chance, hopefully.
      With a new class manager we will attract class players  :D
      lfc_ynwa

• 9,109 posts | 233 
      Reply #34: Dec 31, 2010 10:28:47 pm
      With a new class manager we will attract class players  :D

Yeah like the expensive 1.5 million signing of Marveaux ;D. But I do think we will get couple of decent signings Jan, then with a new manager in the summer we can buy someone world class, (Sanchez/hazard)
      Volle
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 770 posts |
      • Champions 2019/20
      Reply #35: Jan 01, 2011 12:06:44 am
      Yeah like the expensive 1.5 million signing of Marveaux ;D. But I do think we will get couple of decent signings Jan, then with a new manager in the summer we can buy someone world class, (Sanchez/hazard)
      What "class manager" attracted Marveaux did you say ? ;)
      lfc_ynwa

• 9,109 posts | 233 
      Reply #36: Jan 01, 2011 12:30:43 am
      What "class manager" attracted Marveaux did you say ? ;)

Martin o'neil ;D hahaha.
      TonioLerouge
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,170 posts | 59 
      Reply #37: Jan 01, 2011 12:48:19 am
      As a side note the Lille manager Rudy Garcia is 46yr old, won cfa (amateur ligue 4) with Dijon in 2000, conducted their transformation into a professionnal club, and in 2004 reached a semi-final of french cup with them, got them promoted the same year to ligue 2, and directly took them to 4th place only 6pts away from another promotion the next year, beating a record for a promoted side, in 2008 finished 9th of L1 in his only season with Le Mans (a side most journalists were expecting relegated), and is for the moment with Lille in first place of ligue 1 in his second season with them (finished 4th in first) with 52% victories in his 106 matchs with his first decent budget team. Lack international experience, but fill the nesv wish of a young winner able to developp a club.

I'd take the pack if he can come with Hazard, Gervinho and Rami. :)

Sadly I doubt Lille's owners accept.
      lfc_ynwa

• 9,109 posts | 233 
      Reply #38: Jan 01, 2011 12:57:46 am
      As a side note the Lille manager Rudy Garcia is 46yr old, won cfa (amateur ligue 4) with Dijon in 2000, conducted their transformation into a professionnal club, and in 2004 reached a semi-final of french cup with them, got them promoted the same year to ligue 2, and directly took them to 4th place only 6pts away from another promotion the next year, beating a record for a promoted side, in 2008 finished 9th of L1 in his only season with Le Mans (a side most journalists were expecting relegated), and is for the moment with Lille in first place of ligue 1 in his second season with them (finished 4th in first) with 52% victories in his 106 matchs with his first decent budget team. Lack international experience, but fill the nesv wish of a young winner able to developp a club.

I'd take the pack if he can come with Hazard, Gervinho and Rami. :)

Sadly I doubt Lille's owners accept.

I think Lille accept that Hazard will move club in the summer or the season after that. Gervinho only has a couple years left on his contract and Lille are looking to sell him for a decent amount of money. I don't know much about rami. I think the thing about French clubs is that there star players always seem to move to a different league. Oh and he sounds like a decent manager too.
      harrydunn08

• 5,927 posts | 969 
      Reply #39: Feb 16, 2011 04:41:34 pm
      We're being linked with this lad again.  Obviously I would prefer Hazard, but I do think that Gervinho is a decent little player, and we could probably land him for half the fee that Eden will require.  He is a quick little fooker, and can score and create goals from a wide position, which is something that we could definitely use! 

What are your opinions of him? 
      Shemy
      • Forum Billy Liddell

• 591 posts |
      Reply #40: Feb 16, 2011 05:14:59 pm
      wouldnt be bad to have as the first player on the bench, can play as a striker and is capable of leading the line, or he can play on the right side of the pitch....im not sure though if hes starting quality if we plan to challenge for trophys though
      TonioLerouge
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,170 posts | 59 
      Reply #41: Feb 16, 2011 05:50:17 pm
      In statistics, he is far better than Hazard this season like the last (scores far more even when the two play on the wings, has as many assists, is far more decisive per minute played).

Hazard look like a better purchase because he is only 19, is a pleasure to watch and show signs he may be world class when he will be in his prime. But after impressive dribbles he often waste the last ball, and in stats is for the moment only the fourth best forward in Lille's squad (after Moussa Sow, Gervinho and Pierre-Alain Frau for decisiveness/minute played).

For the 2-3 coming seasons, Gervinho may very well be a more interesting recruit than his team-mate.

ps : now if we can buy the two and use their already built partnership it would be the best move IMO, they play really well together
      « Last Edit: Feb 16, 2011 06:04:48 pm by TonioLerouge »
      kevinho
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,698 posts | 78 
      • YNWA
      Reply #42: Feb 16, 2011 06:09:39 pm
      in a 4-3-3, I'd take him in a New York minute.
      StevieG123

• 9,716 posts | 65 
      Reply #43: Feb 16, 2011 06:33:35 pm
      Really rate him myself and would love to have him here.
      aussieredave
      • Forum Ian Callaghan

• 961 posts |
      Reply #44: Feb 16, 2011 10:10:44 pm
      I allways thought he was a little bit like Jova in the fact that lost possession lots.
      Neitsab
      • Forum Kevin Keegan

• 333 posts |
      Reply #45: Feb 16, 2011 10:29:44 pm
      Gervinho reminds me of Sanka in Cool Runnings ;D

He forms, with Hazard and Sow, one of the best offensive line in Ligue 1. An important player for Lille.

Quick Reply