Trending Topics

Next match: Betis v LFC [Friendly] Sat 27th Jul @ 12:30 am
      Acrisure Stadium

Today is the 16th of June and on this date LFC's match record is P0 W0 D0 L0

Gervinho (Lille)

Read 19936 times
      racerx34
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 33,685 posts | 3905 
      • THE SALT IN THE SOUP
      Re: Gervinho (Lille)
      Reply #46: Feb 18, 2011 12:09:30 pm
      Liverpool FC step up their interest in Lille striker Gervinho

http://www.crunchsports.com/category/Soccer/Liverpool-FC-step-up-interest-in-Gervinho-201102170033/

Liverpool are set for a busy summer in the transfer market(credit: Wikipedia)
      Crunch Sports Staff - 18 Feb 2011
      Gervinho could be on his way to Liverpool this summer, with the Merseysiders stepping up their interest in the Lille striker

The 23-year-old has also been linked with a summer move to Arsenal and Newcastle in recent weeks, with the latter seeing the £12million-rated forward as a replacement for Andy Carroll, who joined Liverpool last month.

But despite splashing out over £50m on Carroll and Luis Suarez last month, Liverpool are believed to be keen on bringing in another young forward as part of their rebuilding plans and according to reports, the Reds' director of football strategy Damien Comolli was in France at the weekend to watch Gervinho in action for the Ligue 1 club against Toulouse.

At 23, Gervinho would fit in with Liverpool's aim of bringing younger players to the club who would not only lower the average age of the squad but also have a re-sale value.

He can also play as a wideman rather than through the middle, which will be of interest to the Reds who are in need of some extra width.

Liverpool along with Arsenal have also been linked with Gervinho's Lille team-mate Eden Hazard.
      TonioLerouge
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,170 posts | 59 
      Reply #47: Feb 20, 2011 03:00:22 pm
      Imagine these fabulous attacking teams :

Kelly - Agger - Skrtel/Cara - Johnson
                    Lucas
               Mereiles Gerrard
        Gervinho   Carrol    Suarez

or

Kelly - Agger - Skrtel/Cara - Johnson
               Gerrard  Lucas/Raul       
      Gervinho                             Hazard       
                     Suarez   
                           Carrol
      racerx34
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 33,685 posts | 3905 
      • THE SALT IN THE SOUP
      Reply #48: May 12, 2011 03:28:17 pm
      "At the end of the season, me and my advisors will speak to the club and see what to do but if I am leaving a club which will play in the Champions League, I will only go to one who is in the Champions League.

"It's the best competition and I want to be a part of that set-up every year."

That'll be a no for us then...
      lefty1896
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,700 posts | 23 
      • He scores a goal and the kop goes wild...
      Reply #49: May 12, 2011 03:30:56 pm
      Crunchsports.com - thats a new one.
      Red5man
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,616 posts | 76 
      Reply #50: May 13, 2011 06:17:23 pm
      Lille interested in Mavinga in any deal for Gervinho -

The Nantais Ronny Rodelin will engage with the LOSC for the next four seasons. The meeting of twenty-one years, also in the viewfinder of Auxerre, has trampled over the lawns of League 2 since April 4, officially because he suffers groin. It remains to know the amount of the transfer. Upon arrival, Guy Hillion, the new sports coordinator Nantes player had said " transferable "to below 3 million.

In search of a left side, Lille be interested, according to L'Equipe on Friday, Chris Mavinga. The defender trained at PSG is under contract at Liverpool for two years. He was loaned to Genk in January. Liverpool would be willing to negotiate with Lille, perhaps including the defender in a transaction involving Gervinho, who are still interested in the Reds.

Le Link
      « Last Edit: May 29, 2011 05:36:25 am by CRK, Reason: URL a bit lengthy. Sorted. iPhone screen display karma restored. »
      Reprobate
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 11,055 posts | 436 
      • Avatar by Kitster29@Deviantart.com
      Reply #51: May 13, 2011 06:49:14 pm
      Google Translate, by any chance? ;D
      Red5man

• 9,616 posts | 76 
      Reply #52: May 13, 2011 06:53:38 pm
      Google Translate, by any chance? ;D
      :lmao:
      Red5man

• 9,616 posts | 76 
      Reply #53: May 19, 2011 09:06:59 pm
      I actually think this lad is someone we should want. He can excel playing in the 4-3-3 or as a winger in any other formation. He's direct, has pace to go with a cross and a finish. I really rate him.
      Stevie-G
      • Forum Legend - Benitez
      • Started Topic

• 1,730 posts |
      Reply #54: May 19, 2011 09:20:39 pm
      I actually think this lad is someone we should want. He can excel playing in the 4-3-3 or as a winger in any other formation. He's direct, has pace to go with a cross and a finish. I really rate him.
      Also think he's a good player, but he's too lightweight and I think that'll be a problem for him when playing in PL.
      TeslaPhysics
      • Forum Ian Callaghan

• 985 posts | 32 
      Reply #55: May 19, 2011 09:21:38 pm
      Eden Hazard makes him better.
      KennyIsKing
      • Banned

• 4,628 posts | 129 
      Reply #56: May 19, 2011 09:29:31 pm
      What is this "too lighweight" stuff I keep hearing - maybe that was true in the 70's and 80's but these days it's simply not true, and hasn't been for many years.
      Red5man

• 9,616 posts | 76 
      Reply #57: May 19, 2011 10:02:21 pm

I think you're pretty mistaken. Gervinho is a quality player who is underrated because of Hazard. Direct, full of pace and an eye for goal. Very versatile too.

He's not a lightweight at all, imo.
      TeslaPhysics
      • Forum Ian Callaghan

• 985 posts | 32 
      Reply #58: May 19, 2011 10:47:51 pm
      You proved my point, I never said Gervinho wasn't a quality player.  I just said Hazard makes him better.  I think Gervinho is a good Striker, I don't see where he would fit in, even as a squad player.  Hazard is the way to go.
      Red5man

• 9,616 posts | 76 
      Reply #59: May 19, 2011 10:49:20 pm
      You proved my point, I never said Gervinho wasn't a quality player.  I just said Hazard makes him better.  I think Gervinho is a good Striker, I don't see where he would fit in, even as a squad player.  Hazard is the way to go.

Gervinho isn't even used as a striker at Lille, mostly. He is a driving force on the other wing. More goals and assists than Hazard if you want to look at the stats.
      TeslaPhysics
      • Forum Ian Callaghan

• 985 posts | 32 
      Reply #60: May 19, 2011 11:55:55 pm
      That's all well and good, but he isn't coming to liverpool.
      Red5man

• 9,616 posts | 76 
      Reply #61: May 20, 2011 12:11:43 am
      That's all well and good, but he isn't coming to liverpool.

Not sure why you say it that way. There is interest there, Jen Chang a mate of mine and SI writer has confirmed that. Not sure how much but we've been to watch him.

He fits the exact bill for NESV.
      TeslaPhysics
      • Forum Ian Callaghan

• 985 posts | 32 
      Reply #62: May 20, 2011 12:16:54 am
      And they said, he wasn't the only player on the pitch.
      Red5man

• 9,616 posts | 76 
      Reply #63: May 20, 2011 12:24:15 am
      And they said, he wasn't the only player on the pitch.

f***in' hell mate, like talking to a wall.
      Macedonian_Red
      • Banned

• 4,762 posts | 63 
      Reply #64: May 27, 2011 03:13:51 pm

Arsenal and Liverpool both keen on signing Lille striker Gervinho

• Arsène Wenger may have to sell Arshavin to sign Gervinho
      • Ivory Coast striker has helped Lille win French title

David Hytner
          guardian.co.uk, Friday 27 May 2011 14.54 BST

Arsène Wenger wants to sign Lille's Ivory Coast striker Gervinho this summer but he faces competition from Liverpool. The Arsenal manager is a long-term admirer of Gervinho and he has placed him prominently on his list of targets.

Wenger has said that "for the first time in a while, I will be very active" on the transfer market yet the deal for Gervinho could hinge on his ability to sell Andrey Arshavin.

He is open to offers for the Russia forward, who has been a disappointment this season, and he would like to swell his transfer kitty by recouping the £15m that the club paid for him in the winter window of 2009.

Gervinho, 24, has made it clear that he wants to play Champions League football next season, which he would be able to do if he stayed at Lille, who have won the French title for the first time since 1954.

But the prospect of a move to the Premier League appeals, with Liverpool also an attractive option. Gervinho intends to make a firm decision on his future after Ivory Coast's Africa Cup of Nations qualifier against Benin on 5 June.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/2011/may/27/arsenal-liverpool-gervinho-lille
      Red5man

• 9,616 posts | 76 
      Reply #65: May 27, 2011 04:16:37 pm
      Would absolutely love him here.
      Macedonian_Red
      • Banned

• 4,762 posts | 63 
      Reply #66: May 27, 2011 08:47:46 pm

According to reports, we've made an opening bid for him, in the £10 million range ...
      Red5man

• 9,616 posts | 76 
      Reply #67: May 27, 2011 09:03:04 pm
      According to reports, we've made an opening bid for him, in the £10 million range ...

Would be a F***ing steal.
      Macedonian_Red
      • Banned

• 4,762 posts | 63 
      Reply #68: May 28, 2011 12:12:23 am

Newcastle wait on £15m Gervinho

Last updated at 11:28 PM on 27th May 2011

Newcastle manager Alan Pardew expects a decision on Gervinho's future next weekend.

The Toon boss met the £15million-rated Lille striker, 24, last week but he faces competition from Arsenal and Liverpool.

Gervinho wants to make a decision on his future after the Ivory Coast's Africa Cup of Nations qualifier against Benin on June 5. He would prefer Champions League football next season after helping Lille to their first French title in 57 years this month.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-1391652/Newcastle-wait-15m-Gervinho-Pardew-prepares-fantastic-offer-Enrique.html

Quick Reply