Trending Topics

Next match: v [] Thu 1st Jan @ 1:00 am

Today is the 24th of May and on this date LFC's match record is P14 W9 D1 L4

Gervinho (Lille)

Read 19860 times
      soxfan
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,478 posts | 59 
      Re: Gervinho (Lille)
      Reply #69: May 29, 2011 01:21:38 am
      Gervinho to announce future decision
      May 27, 2011
      By ESPNsoccernet staff

Lille attacker Gervinho has already decided where his future lies but will not make an announcement until next month.

Gervinho has had an excellent campaign for the French side and his displays propelled Lille to their first Ligue 1 title since 1954.

Major European clubs such as Bayern Munich, Liverpool, Atletico Madrid and Fiorentina have all been linked with a move for the Ivory Coast international and he says he is looking forward to playing in the Champions League next year.

"After the last match with Lille and a game with Ivory Coast, I will go on holiday. I have already made my choice. Either I will leave or not, everyone will know it later. It is a personal choice," Gervinho told L'Equipe.

"The coach wants me to stay. The club will play in the Champions League and he wants to play it with me. I want to play it too, if I have such an opportunity."

However, the 24-year-old claims that while he is keen to play in Europe's elite club competition, it may not necessarily be with Lille.

He added: "I can play it [the Champions League] at Lille or somewhere else, that is no problem. We have had several talks and we know what we told ourselves. There are still a few days to talk before holidays."
      Tayls
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 5,378 posts | 510 
      Reply #70: May 29, 2011 01:55:22 am
      Well if he's talking about the Champions League, he's not coming here is he? Don't think this looks likely.
      Red5man

• 9,616 posts | 76 
      Reply #71: May 29, 2011 02:01:50 am
      Hope we can turn his eye if we want him. He's definite quality.
      Poko
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,502 posts | 65 
      Reply #72: May 29, 2011 03:04:28 am
      If Newcastle are looking to get him, then I am sure we can nail him first. But I do remember him saying he will only go to a club with CL. If he stays he might be available for us in January after he sees that we will be nailed in for a CL position (hopefully).
      TeslaPhysics
      • Forum Ian Callaghan

• 985 posts | 32 
      Reply #73: May 29, 2011 04:04:59 am
      I just don't see him leaving Lille.  Good player yea but I dont feel it.
      RedLFCBlood
      Reply #74: May 31, 2011 04:43:32 pm
      Arsenal, Liverpool & Newcastle target Gervinho to announce new club this week

Link

The Ivorian international, who can play as a striker, has been linked with a move to the Premier League, but has also attracted attention from the Bundesliga and La Liga

Lille attacker Gervinho is set to reveal his summer destination after announcing plans to reveal which club he will be joining this week.

The 24-year-old is being tipped to cross the channel and move to a Premier League club, with Arsenal, Liverpool and Newcastle all believed to be interested.

“During the week I'll announce my decision so that everyone knows,” he told skysports.com.

The Ivory Coast international has admitted that he enjoys the Premier League but refused to rule out playing in La Liga or the Bundesliga.

He added: “I love the Premier League, but I have interest from Spain and Germany as well, so let's wait and see.”
      Red5man

• 9,616 posts | 76 
      Reply #75: May 31, 2011 04:56:13 pm
      I was under the thought that he was just announcing if he was going to leave or not.

If he's announcing where he's going, fingers crossed its Liverpool FC.
      stephenmc9
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,822 posts | 39 
      • 'Liverpool was made for me and I was made for Live
      Reply #76: May 31, 2011 05:57:45 pm
      Think he will end up at Arsenal,with wanting champions league football,would be a decent signing,but just have a gut feeling he will end up in London.
      Stevie-G
      • Forum Legend - Benitez
      • Started Topic

• 1,730 posts |
      Reply #77: May 31, 2011 08:46:23 pm
      Think he will end up at Arsenal,with wanting champions league football,would be a decent signing,but just have a gut feeling he will end up in London.
      Don't think so. He'll not be playing regularly there.
      Tayls

• 5,378 posts | 510 
      Reply #78: May 31, 2011 11:08:13 pm
      Don't think so. He'll not be playing regularly there.

Why not, Arshavin's been nothing special and Nasri can play infield.

Gervinho's already said this "I can play it [the Champions League] at Lille or somewhere else, that is no problem.", suggesting he's going to a team that's playing in the CL next year.
      lfc_ynwa

• 9,109 posts | 233 
      • In Kenny we trust. YNWA. Tits!!
      Reply #79: May 31, 2011 11:15:01 pm
      I was under the thought that he was just announcing if he was going to leave or not.

If he's announcing where he's going, fingers crossed its Liverpool FC.

You rate him, where about to you think his best position his? Winger or a striker?
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      • TU TA LOUCO? FILHO DA PUTA!
      Reply #80: Jun 01, 2011 09:14:16 am
      You rate him, where about to you think his best position his? Winger or a striker?

Winger. He's said it earlier in the thread.
      Stevie-G
      • Forum Legend - Benitez
      • Started Topic

• 1,730 posts |
      Reply #81: Jun 01, 2011 10:56:50 am

Why not, Arshavin's been nothing special and Nasri can play infield.

Gervinho's already said this "I can play it [the Champions League] at Lille or somewhere else, that is no problem.", suggesting he's going to a team that's playing in the CL next year.
      Walcott, Nasri and maybe Arshavin will be over him.
      Tayls

• 5,378 posts | 510 
      Reply #82: Jun 01, 2011 03:05:27 pm
      Walcott, Nasri and maybe Arshavin will be over him.

They're trying to sell Arshavin, do you really think Wenger would play him over Gervinho? Nasri has been linked with a move away, and although he might not go he also plays infield. Walcott would probably have the RM spot if he wasn't so injured or inconsistent. I don't think Gervinho will not go to Arsenal because he doesn't believe he'll get game time, and considering his comments about CL football which I've highlighted above, a deal taking him here looks extremely unlikely.
      Red5man

• 9,616 posts | 76 
      Reply #83: Jun 01, 2011 03:20:41 pm

Can play as a winger in a formation that uses them and can play as an either side forward in a 4-3-3. He's absolute quality and very versatile.
      Tayls

• 5,378 posts | 510 
      Reply #84: Jun 01, 2011 03:51:13 pm
      Can play as a winger in a formation that uses them and can play as an either side forward in a 4-3-3. He's absolute quality and very versatile.

Yes, I think his best position would be in the 4-3-3 formation as one of the wide forwards. Seems to have exactly the right qualities to play there, pace, skill and a good shot.
      Red5man

• 9,616 posts | 76 
      Reply #85: Jun 01, 2011 03:53:24 pm
      Yes, I think his best position would be in the 4-3-3 formation as one of the wide forwards. Seems to have exactly the right qualities to play there, pace, skill and a good shot.

I can agree but he's a capable winger as well, on either side. He has two feet, he can cross the ball if asked to, can beat a man, pacey and direct. I absolutely love him as a player.
      Tayls

• 5,378 posts | 510 
      Reply #86: Jun 01, 2011 03:56:24 pm
      I can agree but he's a capable winger as well, on either side. He has two feet, he can cross the ball if asked to, can beat a man, pacey and direct. I absolutely love him as a player.

Seems to be very skilled yes, shame he won't be in Liverpool red next year!
      chats
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,480 posts | 2863 
      Reply #87: Jun 01, 2011 04:14:05 pm
      A few of my Newcastle mates are convinced he'll join them.
      suso
      • Forum John Toshack

• 272 posts |
      Reply #88: Jun 01, 2011 05:14:56 pm
      all the newcastle fans seem to think gervinho is heading for them. they also think Kevin Gameiro is nailed on. i dont know who gameiro is but why would gerveniho want to go to newcastle? i know toite is his fellow counrtyman and friend but surely he rather play for a big team like liverpool or arsenal.
      kevinho
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,698 posts | 78 
      • YNWA
      Reply #89: Jun 01, 2011 05:33:40 pm
      all the newcastle fans seem to think gervinho is heading for them. they also think Kevin Gameiro is nailed on. I dont know who gameiro is but why would gerveniho want to go to newcastle? I know toite is his fellow counrtyman and friend but surely he rather play for a big team like liverpool or arsenal.

Perhaps they still think it's 1995 over there. Gervinho could help Shearer up top :D
      suso
      • Forum John Toshack

• 272 posts |
      Reply #90: Jun 01, 2011 05:48:41 pm
      Perhaps they still think it's 1995 over there. Gervinho could help Shearer up top :D
      well no joke the newcastle fans think they are a bigger club then us. any whats the chances of him coming to us?
      bad boy bubby
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,564 posts | 3172 
      • @KaiserQueef
      Reply #91: Jun 01, 2011 06:05:48 pm
      I may be shallow but I don't like the cut of his hair. Therefore he's not for me.  ;D

Quick Reply